Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

Stahl is one of my favorite first gen's in the game. But even so he still has some flaws...

Pros:

+Great strength and defense growths. If you've leveled him once or twice by the next chapter, he can easily replace Kellam.

+Myrmidon tree helps tremendously with his speed growths

+As a GK he's like a Frederick with no speed penalty, which is great.

+Aegis

Cons:

-50% speed growths in the beginning sucks

-His luck isn't so hot either

-What's resistance?

-Archer class.

-Base speed stat makes him a pretty bad choice for an endgame Swordmaster or Assassin. (Even though I do it)

Overall: 8.5/10

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very high strength and defence growths, and pretty good growths everywhere else make him a powerhouse. With a speed pairup his only issue is almost forgettable, its only 10% less than the so called speedy sully, which isn't a huge difference. Discipline is a rad skill too.

8.5/10

Stackey Mouse Mc Stahlin - The Frederick Wannabe

Pros:

Overkill Defense

Discipline

Outdoor Fighter

Frederick Wannabe

Unique Ending

Is Stahl

Cons:

lack of alvailability leads of his desired pairing, unless you go Sully x Stahl. And you should

6 Base speed and 50% SPD

No Flight

Stahl is comparable to FE7 Lowen IMO, having some speed issue, although not the STR Issue(the only unit who have this is like Chrom :Kappa: ) and has real durability. Stahl offense stayed in a so-so position for quite a long time because of Base Leads, and he got hit with Flight Issue during the game's Flier Bias stages. As a whole, Stahl is one of the best character in the game because Cavalier is a w1n Pair Up fodder class, and he make a good Tag-In for durability Husbando.

Still worse than Sully.

8/10

+1 Bias for 9.0 because hes my favorite Chrismas Cavalier in the series outside of Kain and Unique Ending. Also because Sully x Stahl is my OTP so he's the father of the hottest daughter in the team.

Edited by JSND

Pros:

+Great strength and defense growths.

+Myrmidon tree gives him some despreatky needed speed growth.

+As a GK he's like a Frederick with no speed penalty, which is great.

+Aegis

+Luna

Cons:

-Dat speed growth

-Luck's kind of in the water as well.

-Non existant Res.

-Archer reclass only Bowbreaker is worth going through all of that and even then

-Base speed stat makes him a pretty bad choice for endgame Swordmaster or Assassin.

If his crap speed didn't make him a front runner for a second seal, Stahl would be on par with Sully. He's still pretty good but man. 8/10

Overall: 8.5/10

Stahl has defense that threatens Kellam, strength that makes Sully wimper and decent set of class options

Archer isn't notable, but Myrmidon can keep some of his defense and strength while giving him the speed he needs to double, making that an excellent choice.

The only problem is that outside of Myrmidon he can have a lot of trouble doubling, even with pair-ups. He has a lot of pros in comparison, though. He also a good parent to children with the skills he can get and pass down (even if they're not unique, the classes themselves are good).

9/10

9.5/10 with bias because Stahl is like the nicest guy ever

Edited by The Fush

Stahl

+ Horsie

+ Good attack and defense

+ Myrmidon gets him some good skills and can help his speed

- Bad resistance

- Tends to have bad speed for a while

- Why archer?

7.5/10 scratch that, I'll give him 8/10 no bias

Edited by Owain Dark

Stahl sets actually looks amazing when applied to a children in min maxing

Mostly because getting Thief kind of, Mage kind of, Priest kind of, Archer, and Wyvern is like the worst thing that can happen to you. So, if someone gets like Thief + Wyvern or Wyvern + Archer, they got a special place in the trash bin

But then again, lolminmaxing

Edited by JSND

A cool dude, but has a few problems. His reclass options are bad, with archer being useless and myrmidon, while giving him speed, makes him lose everything that made him good in the first place. Staying in cavalier doesn't do his speed any favors (it can be mitigated somewhat by outside sources, though), but with great availability and high physical stats, he's still definitely a solid choice. 8.7/10

9.2/10 bias because I don't actually mind his character, which is a lot more than I can say for the rest of the cast.

Edited by Constable Reggie

Hrm, I've never had much luck with Stahl. He always turns into a support bot because his Speed never keeps up and his durability is good but not at the super-tanky level. However, I can see him being a lot better with a good +Spd support, and since he'd then have good Str/Spd/Def in a pretty good class, he ought to be a good unit that just doesn't have the easiest time getting off the ground.

8/10

Basically a lesser Sully (which sounds unflattering, but its not). Everything I said about her applies to him.

His speed is notorious for being ass in my game, so more often than nought, i'm SS him into myrm, which is meh.

8.5/10

Stahl is hungry. And he reminds me of an onion. ONION KNIGHT!!!

Pros:

Decent support pool.

Tanks.

Horsie at base.

Bromances with Donnel

Cons:

Speed has issues.

Not the greatest reclass options.

Stahl is pretty good usually. He has good mobility and great defense. His start can be a bit shaky though due to dat speed. Myrm/Swordie fixes that and allows for some ok skills. Tanky swordmaster? coolsauce! His speed can lag hard. Archer as a reclass option? Wut. No, get out.

He makes a good support partner a lot of the time though.

7.5/10. He is totally an onion and thats kinda awesome.

Stahl is one of those characters that most people can relate with (myself included), so that's a bonus to me. However, on the early-game side of things...

Stahl never really gets Speed in his levels unless you reclass him to Myrmidon early on, but that'd be using up one of the few Second Seals you get early game. Besides that, Stahl seems to get mediocre levels on most instances for me. (Although there's a chance of this just being because I'm unlucky)

Honestly, he does have his strong points, but they aren't really worthy of mentioned past the early game. His Defense and Strength almost always increase when he levels up, but his Resistance and Speed backpedal things a bit. Without any speed to attack twice, he'll most likely have to rely on either criticals or dual strikes. With Stahl the best bet is to use him as a parent for Severa or Noire, because it makes both pretty good, or just benching the guy. Although, if grinding is available, he can become useful with dedication, but so can everyone else.

The major helping hand in making him decent is that he has access to both Paladin (for Aegis) and the Myrmidon branch (for Vantage and the great Assassin class). If anything he is redeeming almost completely because of his class options being pretty good for him.

Overall, he gets a 7.5/10. He's pretty good if you can get past his slow start, but that slow start puts him in a bad place during the earlier chapters where he NEEDS those good levels.

Stahl is kind of like a mounted knight. He has pretty good strength and defense, but his speed is a bit borderline if not poor. Thankfully pairing him up with someone speedy can fix that, or you can pair him with someone who gives lots of defense and make him invincible on the physical side. Unfortunately his bad resistance means he's always going to fear magic.

Overall he's a solid unit, but he has issues that are difficult to ignore.

8.5/10

He has all the pros as Sully except he has 1 less Chapter of availability and his support options kinda suck until more Female units join the crew. And his class set is a bit worse than hers.

8/10

Stahl is obviously an average unit, 5/10

ok but seriously, mr. average knight is actually above average, but his speed is too low for my tastes, even if it is fixable (also Sully is better, not to mention the other units available)

i'll give him an 8/10, but because this is Stahl, bias points move him closer to the mean, so 7/10

8/10.

Stahl has a lot going for him. Starts off mounted, alright bases, alright class set and Discipline to raise his offense. He has a bit of a speed problem, which isn't that big in Hard, unlike Lunatic, but he has a lot of durability. Can't really say a lot about him.

He'll get good amounts of Strength and Defense, but boy does his Speed suffer. Being doubled mid-late game isn't good. He can go Myrmidon and get Vantage to offset this a little, but if he can't kill things before they double him, he's still dead. He's got an early game, good movement, and can take a couple of hits, which is more than what the others who come with him can say.

7.5/10 (no bias)

Very high strength and defence growths, and pretty good growths everywhere else make him a powerhouse. With a speed pairup his only issue is almost forgettable, its only 10% less than the so called speedy sully, which isn't a huge difference. Discipline is a rad skill too.

8.5/10

Using this for my vote. No bias points.

8.5/10

Day 8 now begins.

Vaike is pretty.

Pros:

Monster strength

Pretty good growths everywhere else

The best farther for physical units

Pretty awesome class set

Cons:

Needs to reclass for a good speed growth

Forgets his axe

All in all vaike is pretty kickass especially when Lon'gu shows up to help his speed. He starts strong and never really drops off. In my opinion he gets an 8. No bias because though he is kickass personality wise he forgets his weapon.

8/10

Vaike is pretty great.

He won't start doubling for a while, but when he does, he'll 1RKO just about anything. It's even better if his SPD growth cooperates (a few seem to have a 50% SPD growth which kinda hurts them: Vaike, Nowi, Stahl, Cherche, etc.), and his high STR and good SKILL means that he'll become a killing machine if he's fast enough. And man oh man, his Lon'qu support helps the two of them immensely.

He's a good Pair Up partner for his STR and DEF, and SPD Pair Ups and tonics help him out in turn. Definitely a good earlygame fighter, and one of the best foot units in FE13 by far.

GO GO GO TEACH. His start is pretty bad, but he gets better.

7/10

Monstrous str and sol access is great stuff. Shaky speed is meh, but hero promotion gives a shitload of speed so it balances out a bit (he can also take a second seal to barbarian earlier if needed, but then no sol), unlike Stahl. Defense is also a bit shaky, but quick sol access is just really good, and with super high skill and str to take advantage of it, he won't disappoint. Before then, he's only just decent.

7.7/10, 8.2/10 bias because THATS ENOUGH BACKTALK

His character is enjoyable in a way that isn't stupidly exaggerated, like all those other idiots in the game

Edited by Constable Reggie