Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

You must have understood me wrong. I was merely pointing out that when people say Sully is doubling everything and Stahl it's fairly strange... that's a 10+ speed point swing and requires Stahl to pretty speed cursed and not using tonics or a support. The difference isn't that large in my experience...

I phrased that badly the first time I was merely saying that when Sully's doubling everything and Stahl's getting doubled it seems kind of weird to me.

I like Vaike time I was really just wondering because it seemed off to me...

He can be a Hero though...

DROP IT. I gave you other ways to resolve this. Do not derail the topic further.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have understood me wrong. I was merely pointing out that when people say Sully is doubling everything and Stahl it's fairly strange... that's a 10+ speed point swing and requires Stahl to pretty speed cursed and not using tonics or a support. The difference isn't that large in my experience...

I phrased that badly the first time I was merely saying that when Sully's doubling everything and Stahl's getting doubled it seems kind of weird to me.

I like Vaike time I was really just wondering because it seemed off to me...

DROP IT. I gave you other ways to resolve this. Do not derail the topic further.

Adding to that, there was actually a topic made for this.

Vaike is a pretty cool guy, and actually has better offence than most of your team for a while when everyone doesn't double. Then everyone else doubles, and he's a sad panda for a while, but when he returns to doubling, he's back on top again. Sol is a good skill, but come midgame or lategame 6 move just kind of... sucks

This. But I will say it's worth 6/10 with -1 bias point because I dislike his character/personality.

5/10

Well fuck. YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SOMEONE DOESNT USE A UNIT ENOUGH?! :P: I totally spaced. In that case, ill bump him up to a solid 7. Because Hero is wiggy. (too bad no Armsthrift though)

Vaike was godmode in my first run, but that was only Normal mode.

Second time around on Hard mode, he was outshone by many others. Not quite quick enough to double, despite hitting like a truck with NOS.

He does well to promote to Barbarian for the higher speed base and growth.

But the skills and classes available to him are not all that great due to lack of movement, unless he's a Trickster or something. Which won't happen. Skills are not that epic, either.

I give him 70%.

I've... not had the chance to use this unit properly. But as far as class and character design go, I don't like her much at all.

Sitting this one out.

Here's a unit I've come to dislike after trying to use her 4 times. Where do I start?

She joins in Chapter 2, sporting an AMAZING 18hp and 3 def combination. This, alone, makes her enemy phase action really limited because she's almost OHKO'd by stuff. Come chapter 3, she can take Kellam to try and salvage her enemy phase, but she's still 2HKO'd. Her offense is equally as bad at base, doing something like 11 damagex1 to all the enemy types around in Chapter 2. She can double knights in Ch3 I guess, but who doesnt? Her offensive growths seem to be nice though, but she's such a pain to reliably train early on that her offense will be behind what all the others are doing. Some people around here have suggested Dark Mage Miriel, but I find this presents it's own issues: First- She has to make it to level 10 early enough for dark mage to even matter, as I've said, this is a grueling task that I wouldn't desire on even my worst enemies. Second- Once she does get that heavily-contested Second Seal, her spd gets worse, enough to not double without needing help in Chapter 9 for example, which takes away her potential def partners she wants. Third- Nosferatu is limited until you can buy it in Chapter 14, so her durability won't be as much of an issue for all of 20 uses until she can buy it. Then she's merely ok. Is it worth going through training this unit just to get a worse Tharja and Henry? In my experience, no. She's like an FE12 Linde that doesn't have the luxury of having 25 uses of an 18 MT tome.

3.5/10 -1 bias because she never gets def for me and I cringe everytime she says "UGH" 2.5/10

Day 9 begins

I refuse to rate her due to extreme bias.

This. I hate Miriel more than I hate any non-Inigo character. (I hate her even more than Virion)

Edited by bearclaw13

Oh wow, Miriel. Interesting character and her son is one of my favorite characters in the game, but she's kind of...meh.

She joins on turn 2 of C2, and her stats are pretty underwhelming. 18 HP and 3 DEF? Wow. At least she can attack from range and have a DEF Pair Up to give her a boost in case she gets attacked. She can do better in C3, and Kellam can give her even more DEF. Still, she won't double for a while, but her 60% SPD growth is pretty great. It's easy for her to get some good EXP during the earlygame (heck, Chapter 5 is also good for her since she can just take Ricken's elwind tome and help out against the wyvern), due to enemies having poor RES. It's a shame she's just so...squishy.

Dark Mage is an option for her, but Tharja and Henry, as PKL said, are easier to train and the results are a lot more fulfilling. Miriel is okay, she's just not really worth it unless you want Laurent, who'll make a way better anything than she does.

4/10 seems fair.

EDIT: LOL, I love how Stahl is lower than Sully without bias, but he's higher than her with bias. It just goes to show how funny the entire system is.

Edited by Zeem

She's.. Well... There?

Pros

Mage, and in this game magic rocks

Pretty high magic and speed.

Cons

Defences are Safy Tier.

My god her defences, really! And her luck is mediocre too!

Yeah... she's a glass cannon and totally rocks in player phase, but pray enemies never get on her...

6.5. I'd say this game throws much better mages at you, but it's against the rules, so...

... Now that I'm thinking about it, I will CASUALLY give her a -1 Bias Point. Well, her attitude is a hit-or-miss too, sometimes her "SCIENCES!!! EXAMINATE!!!" is funny, sometimes it's repetitive.

Edited by cloudropis

I missed The Vaike. I would have given him a 6/10 if you will take it.

Man Hands Miriel

Miriel has a really big hand in her portrait thing, like REALLY fucking big.

Like Chiki said though, she makes a great rescue user and a she is a good pair-up bot for a magic using Avatar. And at LV 5 Sage she gets rally magic which further helps the avatar kick ass.

Her combat is barely average and she has no pair-up options to help it until you get Ricken and he isnt really a fantastic unit himself.

5/10 - I think Miriel is really hot but I cant give her a bias because her Man Hands just creep me out...

One of the better units in the game. Good pair up bonuses and is about equal to Ricken for Rescue purposes. 6/10

top of top tier = 6/10

Pairup bonus is pretty nice for Avatar, other than that she's got her niche uses earlygame, but isn't especially great. Dark Knight really helps her durability, and is my preferable option for her, rather than dark mage or sage, the problem is getting there when you can't take a hit well. 5.5/10

4.5/10 bias because stereotypical Awakening character

she goes ugh a lot and that bugs me a ton

otherwise her durability sucks hard and thats a really bad thing in this game. needs a speed pairup to double for a long time, but needs a defence pairup to survive.

3-1 = 2/10

Miriel is the glassiest of cannons.

+ Onerounds pretty much everything once she starts doubling.

+ Only non-healer to provide +mag in the first few chapters.

+ Can go dark mage.

- Unbelievably squishy. She just can't be left alone in enemy phase, which is awful in this game.

- Outshone by Tharja and Henry, who can actually take hits.

- Can only chip in early game, making her a nightmare to get out of her worst phase.

4/10. Miriel's early game is awful. Even when she turns into a death machine, her stats are so offensively skewed that she'll be too much work to keep alive anyway. Laurent's chapter is a pretty good one (and easy too), but Laurent is going to be inheriting Miriel's soft and squishy genes.

-1 bias (3/10), because even for Awakening's cardboard character design, Miriel is boring.

Edited by LunaSaint

Miriel is a sweetheart, but it takes a while for her to get anything going. You're going to have to get used to catering to her and worrying every enemy phase that she might get run over. I usually pair her with Lon'qu the moment he is available to get her doubling right away. Thankfully, her weak offense is not as persevering as her pitiful defense; upon promotion, she's wreaking destruction and Rescuing all of the things. Never humored the idea of reclassing her, to be honest, and with that Sage model, I'm not sure if I ever will.

6/10 is fair, I think. Just shy of good.

Hits for good damage, and kind of helps some earlygame dudes with pair up, but can't take a hit to save her life. Since enemy phase is pretty much everything in Awakening, this doesn't help her much. She kind of wants a lot of different stuff from pairup, and no one unit really gives a good amount of def speed and magic at once.

4/10 with a bias point off of her, for ugh. 3/10.

Miriel's bases are average, and her growths are average as well. She does well in killing enemies from afar, but when she is attacked she is quite frail. Unless paired up, she dies quite often. She has a hard time dodging and an even harder time defending. Her resistance is even somewhat lackluster for a magic unit, though it is better than most. High magic and skill, though. All the rest of her stats are average, and her strength and defense seem to always be low, no matter how many classes she's been through.

Good support options, though, and good reclassing options.

Personality wise, She's a trip, but she gives me some good laughs.

Overall: 5/10

Edit: I forgot Vaike.

I've used him every playthrough, despite disliking his personality. Good strength, Counter access. Resistance, Mag, and Lck all stink. But other than that he does fine. Average reclassing options.

Overall: 6/10

Not rating Stahl because I've never really used him.

Edited by Maria's Bro

Doesn't double in the start, but neither does: Vaike, Sully or Stahl.

Grows into an offensive juggernaut with a fantastic reclass set (Mage -> Sage gives her excellent offense, Mage -> Dark Mage -> Sorceror gives her Nosferatu, Mage -> Dark Knight fixes most of her durability problems and Mage -> Sage -> Valkyrie gives her some decent speed). I would say that in terms of rescuing, she beats Libra easily, and she also beats Anna once she gets Tomefaire and reclasses to Valkyrie..

Combat is fantastic once she starts doubling, especially as a Sorceror or Dark Knight. Defensively weak at first, as to be expected. But a Lissa pair up gives her pretty meaty chip, or a Chrom makes her double (She's got more base speed than the cavs or Vaike, and is better at offense than Stahl since she hits Res).

Bias because I find her character interesting.

7 + 1 = 8/10

Edited by Dinfinitysymbolfina