Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

She'd outclass Libra, if she wasn't locked to swords, glassier than him, the upcoming enemies weren't so bulky, or had fail offense outside of Levin Sword/maybe slayer sword. Her staff rank does her no favors, and her support pool is pretty thin. She needs to dodge, or she dies, and I'd rather not have her fate dictated by 40% hits. She'll deal more damage in a magical class, but Second Seals aren't sold for a while.

5/10 (-1 bias included because her support with Tiki made her look like an ass)

EDIT: Yes, Lucky Seven is nice. The FUN part is getting her those levels.

I dont usually quote peeps and say "this" during RTUs, but im making an exception for Anna. It is known i am not a fan of her as gameplay is concerned. I rarely if ever use her. She has locktouch which is nice but her lack of support pool and meh base HP really put me off.

Personality wise, shes cute. But yeah, what clipsey said.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anna is basically IS's way of implementing them in the game without actually doing it.. Breaking the 5th wall?

As a unit, her bases are amazing for a prepromote (rating-wise, at least) but her class and low str and def. bases. make her about as durable as soggy paper. Still, she makes a good healer and Levin sword user, and reclassing her to a mage makes her a great magic user, probably one of the better ones.

Her support options are next to nothing, however, so using her effectively in hard mode will probably require an Avatar or Tiki Support.

6.5/10 with .5 bias for 7/10

EDIT: moved up rating by .5 to each.

Edited by Melonhead

Olivia is pretty good. She can be a PITA to protect but she does extremely well. Dancer utility is basically the only real good utility in HM that I've found and it's exclusive to her.

If you think having to protect her is hard I would like to point out how high Herons are in Tellius tiers, it's not a problem.

8/10 - 1 Bias because her son is Inigo and she has the worst personality ever. Makes 7/10.

Olivia

she..... Dances

And thats it

Rescue Staff helped her existence

Althogh considering how OMGWTFHOWSHORT this game really is(no joke, look at everyone's turncounts, or the Map Size in general) her dancing utility is not as much of a game changer as previous games. The fact that Staff utility are kind of limited in this game is another factor I guess....

And again, the fact that the game is.... short means that protecting Olivia, indirectly become easier

I love how everyone and their mom overrated Olivia just because "le RECLASS TO MYRM - THEN SM - THEN PEGS - AND THEN GALEFORCE!!!! NOW DANCER WHO CAN FIGHT!!!"

7/10

+1 bias to 8/10 because Freyderick x Olivia is my OTP

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

My first post here and it's going for Olivia only.

I will go 10/10 because it's Olivia. Sure her dancing ability is useful, but I've always reclassed her to a battle unit and she does superbly whether it's a flier or a Myrmidon class. And while some say her magic stat sucks, I found my Olivia to be decent as a healer too (talking about Bride/Falcon Knight class). Her combat stats were much better than some of my other units when grinded to level 30 Dancer and then reclassed. As a bonus, her personality is cute and still nice, even if some disagree, though she is shyer than me (in person). Aaaand she's one of the prettier characters in FE13.

I guess -1 or whatever for bias? Or -.5.

Okay, now I'm done with this thread. See ya.

Edited by Teddy Bear

Olivia!

Pros:
Yay Dancer!

Yay reclassing options!

Yay support pool!

Yay speed!

Cons:
Nay base combat.

Nay bases in general.

Ok, lets clear something up: Olivia is a dancer after all, and shes the only one in the game. This alone makes her pretty useful when we first meet her. However, dancing isnt that big of a deal in this game as opposed to the others. Special Dance is kinda cool but nothing to write home about. Olivia does have some sweet ass reclassing options. Pegknight for possible Galeforce get, Swordie is not bad on her at all either. Her support pool is pretty cool and shes actually one of the better options for Chrom because of the cool that comes with Lucina's possible skill set.

But there is that huge issue that she is a Dancer and as such, her bases suck ass. Shes got decent speed though and her growth there is nuts. Her luck is good too so crits happen a lot. But shes so damn squishy when you first get her, that good luck trying to level her with combat. She can hardly scratch anything for a while. Even after a reclass, shes gonna need some handholding. But for minmaxers and grinders, Olivia is cool ass beans. If i want Super Lucina without going Chrom/Avatar, i usually put him with Olivia and grind Olivia up to pass on sweet bases and shit. But thats time consuming and not everyone is gonna do that.

Hey, i like the girl. So shes gonna get a 7/10.

Sorry... blah. 8/10 out of bias because "STOP STARING!"

Edited by Florina Stark

10/10 saves turns hory shiet

Seriously though, dancing utility is awesome, and Awakening is no exception. Be it refreshing a unit to move farther to get that thief, dancing a rescuer further or dancing someone to kill 2 enemies in one turn, it's all pretty useful. She's pretty tough to pair up and usually it's a bad idea to, because you lose out on dancing. Unlike past dancers though, she can pair up with someone to get more move in Turn 1 without losing her turn which is pretty cool. She's pretty bad at combat, but why would you put her in combat?

9/10

+1 bias included because her dance animation is awesome

Edited by Peekayell

she's kind of like feena except worse

Basically this, but in no way does it mean she's bad.

Olivia joins at the beginning of Chapter 11, and she...dances. Whee. Refreshing a unit is always good, no? She has her uses, and you can't disagree that having a dancer on hand is always helpful.

Her problem though is that her combat blows (4 STR and 40% STR growth isn't impressive. Better than the likes of Sylvia and Leen combat-wise, still, but she's no Feena.) and her durability is absolute shit. You could throw the 'lol just reclass her to myrmidon/pegasus knight and then watch the sparks fly', but that in turn takes away her main job and merely turns her into a better Lon'qu/better Sumia. And those two have been doing their jobs well. And besides, the game will probably be beat before Olivia reaches level 10, anyway.

All in all, she's a dancer. What more is there to like? Her combat and durability blow, and while it does hold her back, she's still a unit that in my opinion, should always be used.

8/10, +1 bias because she's attractive and I find her personality endearing, personally. She amuses me. 9/10

She dances and is great when she has vantage and astra. her hotness and personality are good too. 9.5/10

With bias 10/10

何か・・・むかつくんだよ・・・こいつ・・・

...I'm just posting because people expect me to.

Let's get my mindset out of the way... go to gameplay:

Pros:

Dancer

Class Options

Considered by some to be the best option for Lucina as mother strictly gameplay speaking. Screw all of you.

Cons:

Fragile as all hell in higher difficulties

5 move to utilize Dance action (can be alleviated with boots), sometimes requires rescue if the above applies

Lightning Speed/Galeforce tones down her utility as a dancer

8/10

You know damn well with my bias, I'd give her

/10

Count it a 10/10 if you want a measurable bias rating.

Note: This is obviously basing off the Japanese variety. I'd have a negative bias rating for the English one due to this and many others:

englisholiviadoyouthink.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

Olivia

+ Dancer

+ Has combat ability as dancer (even if that sucks terribly)

+ Good reclass

- Will die if looked at (read: terrible bases)

- 5 move will put her behind the army quickly, especially if she's giving extra turns

- Dancing is hardly necessary (yeah, I said it! >_>), not invaluable, though very helpful

- While her reclass is good in the long run, it takes away her most valuable asset and requires quite a bit of babying (not as bad as other units, but still there nevertheless) due to low offensive and defensive stats

So

6/10

Dancers are always useful, but I just don't think the ability is as useful here as in other FEs. She's quite slow to level up, especially if she's dancing mostly instead of finishing enemies (which why would she be doing that if the point of her being brought into battle is to dance). If you intend to reclass her, it takes a lot of patience to reach level 10, and she still remains quite fragile for a good while in her new class.

I would subtract bias to counter the 10s which are too high imo...but instead of being petty I'll be honest and give her a +1 because she's darn cute. 7/10 biased.

Olivia

+ Dancer

+ Has combat ability as dancer (even if that sucks terribly)

+ Good reclass

- Will die if looked at (read: terrible bases)

- 5 move will put her behind the army quickly, especially if she's giving extra turns

- Dancing is hardly necessary (yeah, I said it! >_>), not invaluable, though very helpful

- While her reclass is good in the long run, it takes away her most valuable asset and requires quite a bit of babying (not as bad as other units, but still there nevertheless) due to low offensive and defensive stats

So

6/10

This - bias

5/10

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

Olivia's starting stats are begging for a OHKO, which means that she should be nowhere near the front lines. Assuming you can get her levels, she'll still be in OHKO range. She shows up right before Valm, a land full of mounted bulky things, which means that her positioning will need to be near-perfect, or her fate will be with the RNG. The enemies don't let up after she joins, either. Dancing utility's nice, but not when she's in danger.

Her class set is somewhat limited, but it does take advantage of her amazing Speed. Too bad she'll need a ton of stat boosters/reclasses to deal significant damage.

5/10 (no bias)