Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

Olivia

+ Dancer

+ Has combat ability as dancer (even if that sucks terribly)

+ Good reclass

- Will die if looked at (read: terrible bases)

- 5 move will put her behind the army quickly, especially if she's giving extra turns

- Dancing is hardly necessary (yeah, I said it! >_>), not invaluable, though very helpful

- While her reclass is good in the long run, it takes away her most valuable asset and requires quite a bit of babying (not as bad as other units, but still there nevertheless) due to low offensive and defensive stats

So

6/10

Dancers are always useful, but I just don't think the ability is as useful here as in other FEs. She's quite slow to level up, especially if she's dancing mostly instead of finishing enemies (which why would she be doing that if the point of her being brought into battle is to dance). If you intend to reclass her, it takes a lot of patience to reach level 10, and she still remains quite fragile for a good while in her new class.

I would subtract bias to counter the 10s which are too high imo...but instead of being petty I'll be honest and give her a +1 because she's darn cute. 7/10 biased.

This, no bias.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Cool class set.

-DANCER

-Waifu <3

-Amazing if grinded (so every single playthrough for me)

-Good even if not grinded

-<3

-Great son, arguably the best non-Morgan non-Severa child imo

10/10 (with bias)

Ah, Olivia my sweet! Possibly my favourite waifu, but I have a thing about not marrying her to anyone except Kellam or Frederick when MaMU doesn't marry her. (Kellam is worthy of her heart, and Fred will look after her, but Chrom is a dirty person who can't settle for Sumia. Why? Sumia is nice, a good pegasus knight... AND YOU'VE KNOWN HER FOR YEARS.)

Anyways...

Pros

Dances to give a unit an extra turn!

Has an exclusive sprite, which I'm a sucker for.

Can have solid offence when she goes mymirdon then swordsmaster, then returns to dancer.

Has her own child.

Has Galeforce access.

Favorite waifu, above Say'ri and Tiki.

Cons

Abysmal starting stats. Literally, she dies in one hit on hard mode on her joining chapter.

Takes a while to train.

Her child is a bit mediocre sometimes. But he's the greatest thing ever if he receives galeforce from Olivia, and has MU as a father.

Overall: 7.5/10, +1 with bias to 8.5/10.

Edit: Rey, you also gave Olivia a Brave Sword named 'Dancer Sword'? And yes, GG Gangrel.

Edited by TheWarpedWizard

Dancers, I find, are less useful than their predessecors in previous games, because Awakening is the sort of game that heavily encourages pair-ups and deadbeat careful map positioning, and the amount of units you get to use in chapters can discourage you from picking both a dancer and a healer (both mediocre in this game).

That said, Dancing still isn't completely redundant; treat it as you would treat dancing in other games; helps gain more exp, map clearing, kills, etc. The only difference is that it's a lot harder to do so this time.

And the bad thing is, Olivia can't do anything other than dance in her base class, because her bases are so abysmal that she gets 1hkoed by over half the enemies on her join chapter. Reclassing her can help her stats a lot, but it doesn't help that both her choices don't like her strength growth so much, which is bad, considering her base strength. Thankfully, from these classes she can acquire Astra, Galeforce, Swordfaire, Pass and some more, and then revert to dancing (although the process will be long and aggrivating in an efficient playthrough). She'll also get Special Dance at lv15, which makes her reboosting more desirable.

In conclusion, Olivia isn't terrible, but there's a lot of areas where she has flaws. Thankfully, if you choose to do so, she can function for dancing only.

6/10

Dancers aren't really that great in the game, unless you are doing some LTC or efficient playthrough.

Olivia as a unit obviously gets Dancing, which is, well, a good thing. Combat-wise, however, she's practically unsalvageable, with some of the worst bases in the game. If you do, somehow manage to train her up (Dance grinding is a good way to go, as shadowofchaos did) She still is a bit sub-par, but has good class sets. The only thing that makes her worthwhile is the dancing, so you should really come back to that in the long term.

6/10 with -.5 bias for 5.5/10

Olivia isn't a combat unit. In fact, everything past a certain point in the game will OHKO her unless you fed her a bunch of robes or something and she does little to no damage to most enemies, especially the promoted ones that are starting to appear. Oh well, she dances, and that's all she's really used for. She's sorta useful for letting your ralliers do their thing and go into combat or pulling off rescue shenanigans in the larger maps, among other things.

Olivia's reclass options are pretty good, but why would you get rid of dancer utility for a mediocre combat unit?

7/10, blah blah OHKO blah blah dancing

Edited by The Batter

Olivia...

Pros:

* Dancing means she has something to contribute with in every chapter.

* Reclass options are good.

* Special Dance is neat!

* Can marry Chrom, which results in a neat Lucina, and a neat Inigo.

Cons

* Shitty bases and caps when you first get her means you won't be using her as a combat.unit.

* Dancing, while being the same as it usually is, isn't really that good in this game.

* Needs a Second Seal if you want to make her a combat unit.

* Olivia!Lucina takes some time to get going, and isn't really better than Sumia!Lucina. Inigo also has one of the hardest Paralogue maps.

As a unit, Olivia is alright. She gets Dancing, and that's nice, as it means someone is going to get another turn, and it also always means that she will have something to contribute with in your army, in comparison to weapons that break, etc. etc. However, dancing just isn't that good in Awakening, which means she isn't needed as much as Dancers usually are. And while she can fight, it's unadvisable in the beginning, thanks to her shit bases and need for reclassing to be good in combat, upon which she loses the ability to dance (but then again, dancing isn't that useful in Awakening).

Rating: 5/10 (No bias: Olivia's Japanese personality and voice really irked me, but her western portrayal and voice is far less annoying to me, so it cancels out.)

Olivia will always have something to contribute with to your party, thanks to her dancing. Unfortunately, she is even more replacable than most other utility units. Still, being able to do utility does mean that she will never be useless throughout the game.

Olivia usually falls behind movement-wise due to her low movement, especially because of her dancing, although she can get Pass to somewhat make up for it. Nevertheless, she's a dodgetank and can attack back, even though she's not meant for combat. Olivia has nice reclass options, but the skills she gets from them isn't exactly needed if you're reclassing her back into a Dancer (Galeforce is useless if all you're going to do is attack, then dance for other units; Lancefaire has no use outside of the Pegasus Knight class tree; Astra and Lethality have pretty bad activation rates, and she's not supposed to be seeing combat anyway except maybe on the Enemy Phase). She also starts at a low level at nearly halfway through the game and she's likely to stay behind the rest of your units. Her capped Def and Res is also fairly low. Still, she has high Spd and Lck as a Dancer, so she'll usually be dodging attacks anyway and is the only one of her class in the game.

Without Bias - 6/10, With Bias - 5/10

Day 25: Cherche has begun

Anna got 6.92 unbiased and 7.10 biased.

Olivia got a 7.05 unbiased and 7.18 biased.

Cherche, joins in the first chapter of the Valm Arc, a bit underleveled. Her bases are neat for her level though. She has a hammer with her, which she can use to contribute by killing the armors in the chapter. She gets like 40 exp from killing them. Her spd base is a bit lacking, though a speed pairup can fix it, no problem. If needed, there's tonics too. She has very nice hp str and def, making her a flying tank of destruction. Her spd growth is 50 and she gets +4 of it if she goes Griffon Rider, so her speed issues aren't that worrisome. She also gets Deliverer, which is a pretty neat skill. I don't tend to count bow/wind magic weakness against her because those are completely avoidable and usually pose no problem unless you like throwing units at their weaknesses. I find her best support partner is Gaius since he supplies her with spd and move, the first being something she wants and the other is little something that helps ocasionally.

7.5 +1 bias because Rest in Pieces and Waifu Tier 8.5/10

Cherche, joins in the first chapter of the Valm Arc, a bit underleveled. Her bases are neat for her level though. She has a hammer with her, which she can use to contribute by killing the armors in the chapter. She gets like 40 exp from killing them. Her spd base is a bit lacking, though a speed pairup can fix it, no problem. If needed, there's tonics too. She has very nice hp str and def, making her a flying tank of destruction. Her spd growth is 50 and she gets +4 of it if she goes Griffon Rider, so her speed issues aren't that worrisome. She also gets Deliverer, which is a pretty neat skill. I don't tend to count bow/wind magic weakness against her because those are completely avoidable and usually pose no problem unless you like throwing units at their weaknesses. I find her best support partner is Gaius since he supplies her with spd and move, the first being something she wants and the other is little something that helps ocasionally.

Stealing this vote except no bias.

MY AXE-WIELDING FLYING WAIFU

Cherche joins during the beginning of Chapter 12, and she joins at a pretty swell time, despite being a bit underleveled to the rest of your team (but still, level 12 isn't so bad). When your joining chapter is full of knights, and you have a hammer in your starting inventory...smashy smash smash. And all she needs is three kills to level up, which she accomplishes easily.

Her SPD and RES are the only problems she has, and her SPD can be easily mended with, what PKL mentioned, a Griffon rider promotion, as well as pair-ups (Lon'qu, Gaius, and Stahl being great partners for her, in example.). As for RES, most units in this game have bad RES. She can get around it somehow, as everyone else can. And yeah, Deliverer is a pretty awesome skill. She won't miss out on any action.

So all-in-all, she's a great midgame unit. She flies, hits hard, has great durability, and is overall really solid.

7.5/10, +1 bias because I love her.

8.5/10

7.5/10.

A bulky flier is very sought out for in a campaign. Cherche fulfills many tasks that Sumia and Cordelia could not do without dodging and dealing some mean damage in return. Taking many Enemy Phases, while given the ability to fly is very useful for a handful of maps. Some downsides are that her late joining, complicating her getting a support and average speed. Her class set is pretty garbage, but she doesn't need more than the Wyvern Rider tree to be successful.

one of the few good units past earlygame due to pretty good base str/def and not horrible speed.

also flies and at the very worst can get to deliverer pretty quickly, and at the best can become a lead combat unit

7+1 bias for 8/10

Cherche's physically bulky - like, nothing short of Silver Bows/Wyrmslayers are gonna ruffle her hair. Her magical resistances are highly questionable, and any of the super-effective flying magic can and will make her sad. She's ever-so-slightly faster than Gregor, who I thought was kinda slow when he joined. Her Speed growth makes me rage. She shows up right before Master Seals become a non-contested item, which is a huge point in her favor. Unfortunately, her reclass options outside of her starting class bite (yeah, yeah, story, etc., but I'm still gonna complain). At least she passes down Fighter.

7.5/10 (+1 bias included because Minerva sounds lovely, and if Minerva trusts her, I will too)

Edited by eclipse

Oh crap, Cherche. Prepare for gushing.

Pros:

Snark-bot!

Dat strength!

Dat flier!

Dat defense growth!

Dat support pool!

Cons:

Dat reclass set...

Dat base speed...

Cherche is great. Fuck the police. She gets tanky as hell but has some issues with Res at first. Shes a wyvern rider which means shes got a solid base class. Shes flying around and axing things in the face. Her base level isnt that bad and she has lots of support options not named Chrom. Cherche can get two Breaker skills with her wyvern branch so thats awesome! War Cleric Cherche with Sword and Lancebreaker and badass res! Nothing could touch her!

Cherche's reclass set is kinda balls though. She absolutely sucks as a magic user. She can rock War Cleric because of axes, but other than that, you arent gonna want to reclass her to something other than flying machine of death. Cherche has trouble with speed in her base class for some reason. Griffin Rider can fix this though. (or some Speedwings get)

EDIT: Oh shit mang, forgot about Deliverer. Thats an awesome skill to be honest. Cherche is going around with hella move murdering junk...

Cherche rocks the casbah and shes just a ball of walking adorable and snark. <33333 Love that neck/head band thing of hers! (And she births Gerome who rocks)

7/10

8/10 with bias.

Edited by Florina Stark

Apparently, the apparently apparent apparentness of the apparently apparent woman apparently apparent to apparently be apparently named Cherche is apparently apparent to apparently be apparently one of the apparently apparent apparentness that apparently is apparently apparent to apparently be apparently good apparently.

6/10

Edited by Chiki

Apparently, the apparently apparent apparentness of the apparently apparent woman apparently apparent to apparently be apparently named Cherche is apparently apparent to apparently be apparently one of the apparently apparent apparentness that apparently is apparently apparent to apparently be apparently good apparently.

6/10

This, but no bias = 8.5/10

Going with this for me too.

Cherche joins during the beginning of Chapter 12, and she joins at a pretty swell time, despite being a bit underleveled to the rest of your team (but still, level 12 isn't so bad). When your joining chapter is full of knights, and you have a hammer in your starting inventory...smashy smash smash. And all she needs is three kills to level up, which she accomplishes easily.

Her SPD and RES are the only problems she has, and her SPD can be easily mended with, what PKL mentioned, a Griffon rider promotion, as well as pair-ups (Lon'qu, Gaius, and Stahl being great partners for her, in example.). As for RES, most units in this game have bad RES. She can get around it somehow, as everyone else can. And yeah, Deliverer is a pretty awesome skill. She won't miss out on any action.

So all-in-all, she's a great midgame unit. She flies, hits hard, has great durability, and is overall really solid.

8.5/10

thiefing

8.5/10

No, how dare you try to steal my second (?) Waifu?

6/10

This, but no bias = 8.5/10

No

Edited by Peekayell

The similarity between the notes is pretty astounding....

Zelcher can't go Berseker, 0/10.

More seriously :

Day 25: Zelcher has begun

Anna got 6.92 unbiased and 7.10 biased.

Olivia got a 7.05 unbiased and 7.18 biased.

Zelcher, joins in the first chapter of the Valm Arc, a bit underleveled. Her bases are neat for her level though. She has a hammer with her, which she can use to contribute by killing the armors in the chapter. She gets like 40 exp from killing them. Her spd base is a bit lacking, though a speed pairup can fix it, no problem. If needed, there's tonics too. She has very nice hp str and def, making her a flying tank of destruction. Her spd growth is 50 and she gets +4 of it if she goes Griffon Rider, so her speed issues aren't that worrisome. She also gets Deliverer, which is a pretty neat skill. I don't tend to count bow/wind magic weakness against her because those are completely avoidable and usually pose no problem unless you like throwing units at their weaknesses. I find her best support partner is Gaius since he supplies her with spd and move, the first being something she wants and the other is little something that helps ocasionally.

This, with modified name, including bias, but adding +0.5, so 8/10 without bias, 9/10 with it....

Edited by TendaSlime

8.5/10

My waifu.

I got 2 breaker skills, quick burn, deliverer, limit breaker and passed Dual Support+ to Gerome.

She a very beautiful courier. I'd ride with her any time if i could.

Since I'm MU, I usually rescue or rally in battle and have children do the killing. Cherche are there to accompany me or to bring me closer the children in the frontline.

10/10 (difference of remaining score will be my Bias for her)

Edit: I love Minerva too, she's so cute.

Edited by SirSalute

Can Reclass to NUNWITHAXE HORY SHIET

Cherche is pretty amazing, she joined a bit underlevelled, something that(somehow) easilly solved by pairing her up. She have Goldion Hammer, which is basically your ticket to become amazing during Valm Arc, and her promotion choice for in game are solid, either be a god dodge for casual playing with Wyvern Lord, or Deliverer shenanigans with Griffon Rider if you are attempting to Low Turn the rest of the chapters. At the most, I can see her taking off after 1 - 2 chapters of the Valm Arc. Maybe a Child Paralogue or two.

After this, her only problem are a small amount of Anti Fliers in the later parts of the game, mostly because of her good, but not insane SPD, and low Res(that everyone have).

If she did not turn out well, and uh.... falls off, you can use her as a Deliverer Ferry Bot for the rest of the game which is pretty cool, especially since her son is a free Deliverer bot in and on itself. A good example of this utility, is chapter 21 team line ups that appreciates the usage of 2 Deliverer bot in order to get a 1 Turn Victory, and during Grima, Aversa, and the Deadlords to Deliver your Dancer to help your main combat unit.

All in all, a good last second unit who joined mid game. Comparable to Panne in many ways(Panne is better depending on your resource allocations). A solid candidate to wield Helswath as well.

7/10

+1 bias because Frederick's waifu

8/10

Oh crap, Cherche. Prepare for gushing.

Pros:

Snark-bot!

Dat strength!

Dat flier!

Dat defense growth!

Dat support pool!

Cons:

Dat reclass set...

Dat base speed...

Cherche is great. Fuck the police. She gets tanky as hell but has some issues with Res at first. Shes a wyvern rider which means shes got a solid base class. Shes flying around and axing things in the face. Her base level isnt that bad and she has lots of support options not named Chrom. Cherche can get two Breaker skills with her wyvern branch so thats awesome! War Cleric Cherche with Sword and Lancebreaker and badass res! Nothing could touch her!

Cherche's reclass set is kinda balls though. She absolutely sucks as a magic user. She can rock War Cleric because of axes, but other than that, you arent gonna want to reclass her to something other than flying machine of death. Cherche has trouble with speed in her base class for some reason. Griffin Rider can fix this though. (or some Speedwings get)

EDIT: Oh shit mang, forgot about Deliverer. Thats an awesome skill to be honest. Cherche is going around with hella move murdering junk...

Cherche rocks the casbah and shes just a ball of walking adorable and snark. <33333 Love that neck/head band thing of hers! (And she births Gerome who rocks)

7/10

8/10 with bias.

Imagining Virion saying this is pretty hilarious...