Cons:

Don't expect her to be doubling too often

She's an average front unit

7.5/10 +1 because MU married her so 8.5/10

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Cherche is extremely well liked. Shes pretty good but I dont think shes THAT good. She is my favorite character ever and im going to be giving her the worst score...

Sure, she has good bases and can insta-promote, but she is stuck to only Wyvern rider and its 2 promotion paths. Seriously, Cleric and Troubadour are useless for her unless you are doing massive DLC grinding. Valm is littered with powerful Bows and Tomes so her usefulness isn't what it could be.
4.5/10
Bias - 5.5/10 - I have never had that "favorite FE character"... until I met Cherche. In fact she may be my favorite fictional character of all time. I fucking LOVE everything about her. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her SO much.

Ah, Cherche <3 :wub:

As far as I am concerned, there haven't been units worth a darn for a while.

But what do we have here:

Access to Hammers: Check <3

Hits like a truck: Check <3

Can get anywhere at high speed: Check <3

Takes hits like a pro and quite frankly doesn't know how to die: Double Check <3 <3 <3

Arrows and magic are of course a problem. And she will never survive Rexcalibur.

But hey, one of the nice things about pair-up is that you can switch resistances on the fly.

Definitely one of my most valuable and reliable allies. <3 Not bothering with Cordelia's fragile butt for a second flier was sooo worth it.

She is nit the fastest but personally I would argue that decent awesome durability is a lot harder to come by then good agility.

8/10 with -1 bias to 7/10

The thing is that I really like her personality. But come on: A French maid headdress? Really?

Ignoring the particular outstanding bluntness of this fetish oriented outfit, it is completely at odds with her otherwise dignified appearance.

it's like imagining Batman wearing a funny hat. The contrast between these things is absurd.

Edited by BrightBow

Cherche is what you'd get if you took Sumia, swapped her speed and strength stats and took away galeforce.

A brute-force flyer will probably make you be screaming in joy if you don't find the strength standards of the pegaknights up to scratch. She joins at a decent level, and has a HOLYSHIT hammer, which can take out any of the knights in the map, so needless to say, it's not hard to start using her right from the bat. Her strength stat is great throughout, as is defense, though you may find the lack of speed annoying unless you have a pair up that compensates (e.g Lon'qu).

Speaking, of pair ups, Cherche has a lot of nice support options. Stahl can boost further her greatest assets, and Lon'qu gains her a ton of speed. You could argue this for a lot of characters, but I feel that Cherche just has a pretty good roster to choose from.

Unfortunately, her reclass options are really bad (lol 10/10 cleric with axes), giving her the cleric and troubadour lines... the best skils she can nab are Renewal and Dual Support+... and that's it. Thankfully, her main class line gives her some good options, but she's generally very lacking when it comes to nice skills. This makes Cherche best in the Wyvern Rider path... because it's best to just nab that hammer, mash all the knights in valm (although people overestimate the number of them), and level her up the normal way, because she will perform very nicely in her base class.

6.5/10, though 7/10 if it's with bias because I somewhat like her personality and she reveals Lon'qu's backstory

Am I the only one who doesn't find the appeal in Cherche? She's stuck in the wyvern branch, can't really double anything without a dedicated speed pair up (and even then it becomes iffy), and can't utilize her high defense to max potential, like someone like Nowi could, due to the strength of bows and magic in this game. Hammer use is nice, but any chump with at least d axe can use it. Griffon rider sort of helps her speed, but it won't be doing her def many favors. Flying is all she's really got, but with no versatility whatsoever, low speed, and vulnerable defenses, I can't give her more than a 5/10. No bias because I don't feel anything towards her. fuck it minus -1 bias cause I think she's being seriously overrated, 4/10

Edited by Constable Reggie

Cherche! How do you pronounce her name? Like I care anyway

Starting off in a great chapter to use her, she gets hammers and a good class. She might be a bit underleveled, but that's offset by her great defense and strength. Speed is an issue, but with her great support options and Griffon Rider, it's not that big of a deal.

Outside of her wyvern class set, she has terrible reclass options. Another healer? Forget it. The only class she might want is war cleric, which makes her res not a problem and can pick up renewal. In the end, she isn't gonna survive a forged Rexcalibur to save her life, but she's going to hit really hard and take some hits from most of the units in the game. Not the best unit, but one you definitely want to use.

7/10 with .5 bias for 7.5/10

Serge/Cherche joins slightly underleveled, but as mentioned earlier comes with a Hammer in a chapter with a lot of armored units. She has high Str and Def, so unlike Tiamo/Cordelia and Sumia, she can actually take hits. However, her reclass options are kind of meh, benefitting from only Renewal and Dual Support+ IMO. Her Spd is also a bit lower than I'd like, but with Pair-Up and tonics it's not a big problem. She has access to Lancebreaker and Swordbreaker, which contribute towards her Avoid. Deliverer is a nice skill from Griffon Rider, especially since she and her son will be the only ones realistically getting it in a no-grind run.

Without bias - 7/10; With bias - 8/10

Cherche! How do you pronounce her name? Like I care anyway

Sounds like "share" (or Cher) with "sh" added to the end.

Other than her terrible reclass options, I like her as a unit. She's useful straight away, can fly, and can take a few hits on the chin without too much worry. It is kinda strange to make her a Griffon rider, yet everyone still acts like she's riding Minerva (unless there's something about wyverns changing in to griffons I dn't know about). I also like her personality. She's a tough girl without being a stereotype or caricature of a tough girl.

7/10 unbiased, 10/10 because red hair and I like wyvern units.

Cherche's base str of 15+2 with a 70%ish growth means that she will hit like a semi pretty much the whole way through with axes. Her def base of 15 is pretty darn good, but her 2 res is definitely a bit of a problem. Her 12 spd base is also kinda iffy for this point in the game, and her 50% growth doesn't help too much with that. She can fly around and hammer stuff on her joining chapter then buy a seal right afterwards and promote into Wyvern Lord of Griffon Rider and get a bit of a boost. She has plenty of support options, but at this point in the game, most of those supports may be taken by other people.

Cherche can promote to Griffon Rider to get a boost in speed and Carrier, which is an amazing skill, or she can promote to Wyvern Lord and get lance usage, which is a tad unnecessary, and Quick Burn. Her reclass options are staff/magic users so they arent really worth mentioning

6/10, flying axes are nice and so is that str, but her meh spd and no reclass options kill it for me

I love the Cherche love in this thread~

So Cherche

+ Flies

+ Great strength and defense, pretty good everywhere else

+ Hammer in knight filled chapter/arc

+ Fairly quick access to Deliverer

+ Decent skills via reclass (mainly Renewal and DS+)

- Magic based reclass sucks for her during story

- Terrible resistance (seriously it's Chrom bad) and lowish speed

- Comes halfway through the game a bit underleveled

- Double weakness, wind magic is especially a problem

7.5/10 plus bias for 8.5/10 because I love her if it's wrong I don't want to be right

Am I the only one who doesn't find the appeal in Cherche?

I was wondering the same thing (but about me). I love my wyvern girls, but Cherche just seems - and I typically hate using this word - overrated.

She comes pretty late, has difficulty ever doubling, doesn't have the greatest durability (especially in Lunatic)(although it isn't bad), and basically has only one usable class set. Her one class set is pretty good, but not that good.

5/10

Very solid unit. With a Spd Tonic and Lon'qu Pair Up, base Cherche doubles every unpromoted enemy in her join chapter, and every non-Myrmidon unpromoted enemy in the next, allowing her to grow just as well as any other unit. I prefer her as a staffbot ferry since she can insta-promote to Griffon Knight.

6/10, 7/10 with bias because rest in pieces.

[spoiler=I challenge you to look her in the eye and tell her she's overrated. Can't do it.]serge.png

Edited by Redwall

No, how dare you try to steal my second (?) Waifu?

I got Palla fair in square. :smug:

This is the first time I've seen so much Cherche love, so I don't think she's overrated.

Day 26: Punry begins now.

My rating for Henry and Cherche's score later.

EDIT: 6.98 Cherche unbiased. 7.56 biased.

I think her biased position is better than the unbiased one. At least she's above Vaike.

Edited by Peekayell

6/10.

He joins pretty late into the team, having no support built up and has lackluster speed. However, there are resources that can help him catch up in the form of Sumia support(arguably the best late-game husband Sumia gets) and some tonics. There isn't much to hold against him, since once he's built up, he can be quite the Dark Knight, but others have had more time to raise themselves past Henry.

Also, +1 bias for 7/10.

6/10.

He joins pretty late into the team, having no support built up and has lackluster speed. However, there are resources that can help him catch up in the form of Sumia support(arguably the best late-game husband Sumia gets) and some tonics. There isn't much to hold against him, since once he's built up, he can be quite the Dark Knight, but others have had more time to raise themselves past Henry.

Also, +1 bias for 7/10.

Snagging this, but keep it at a 6/10.

EDIT: Don't use this score.

Edited by Zeem

If Cherche has speed problems, then Henry's are even moreso apparent.

9 speed in ch.13 is pretty much unacceptable.

Though when he gets going, he's pretty good.

Though that can be said of everyone.

3/10

Henry. The better of the game's default dark mages in my opinion, if only because Tharja's reclass options are lol-worthy and the RNG has never, ever favored her in my games. Ever.

At least Henry's speed is fixable if he spends some time in the Trickster class - hand him a sword (his strength is fairly good for a mage) and he's good to go (and Recuse abuse), plus Lucky Seven and Acrobat are wonderful for him to have if you make him a perma-Dark Knight. Also, Henry has a far better Skill growth, his accuracy doesn't fucking suck to the point where I have to reclass into the game's worst class set to make you hit 80% of the game and he can take more hits than her. Yup. Far better.

7/10 unbiased, 8/10 biased because this IS my Avatar's in-game husband we're talking about here.

Awful. Won't be doubling anything any time soon without an outrageous +7 speed pair up and tonic, and while he actually has existing strength that is serviceable for barbarian, he loses his one real advantage by reclassing if chosen to do so. Staying in dark mage doesn't do his speed any favors, and having to rely on a specific pair up just to be mediocre is unacceptable.

3.5/10 - 1 because any actual depth this character had evaporated in the translation, 2.5/10

Edited by Constable Reggie

Henry's Speed base is silly, and his Speed growth isn't the best. He can sort of take hits, but his durability will need to come from Nosferatu, or he's in danger of dying. Unlike Tharja, he has some use of his Magic outside of his default class. If he well and truly wants to, he can go Barbarian for a not-too-bad-Strength-growth-for-a-guy-who-started-life-slinging-spells. Dark Knight with Acrobat is funny. He's hampered by his super-late join time, which means that he'll need to play catch-up, in terms of supports. He's got a lot of options, but they all take time.

7/10 (+1 bias included because he's got some of the sweetest supports in the game)

6/10.

Also, +1 bias for 7/10.

I'd take this too, and I'll keep the bias because his supports and "I'm gonna kill you!" are awesome.

Henry has a godawful speed base of 9 with a decent 55% growth rate to fix it. The faster enemies on his joining chapter easily double him, even when promoted, which makes his decent durability somewhat less notable. His other bases are fineish, even though 5 res kinda sucks and 29 HP is a little low for this point. Whatever, at least he uses dark magic and can autopromote on his chapter. His def and HP growths are quite high, so he will be quite tanky, but his 50% mag growth is kinda low, and what is up with that str growth? He can support with Miriel, Tharja, Ricken (lol), Avatar, or one of the Dark Fliers for a magic bonus, and these supports are generally free sans Avatar and the Dark Fliers.

Promoting to Sorcerer lets him keep dark magic, which is his biggest redeeming trait, while Dark Knight gives him a horse and lets him use that decent str growth, even though he will probably still be using magic because his other options are swords. Reclassing into Barbarian gives him Despoil and axe usage, and his barbarian str base (13) isnt too bad. The Warrior and Berserker skills are meh except for Axefaire, unless you want to make Henry spam Rally Strength or something. His other option, Thief, helps his crap speed, but it is still quite low even as a Thief and being a Thief tacks on new problems such as being a swordlocked footie.

4/10, even broken dark magic cant fix that spd stat

Edited by The Batter

really strong unit with a speed problem that's fixed by pairup if he gets certain support buddies

otherwise he'll have a rough time, but he's still one heck of a dark knight

5.5/10

uses dark magic pretty badly since sorcerers class bases are awful in comparison, and he's not dying as a dark knight. Can use his ruin tome to get quick levels, since he's not using it upon promo.

Edited by General Horace

His speed is rather troublesome, and Dark Magic is pretty overrated in HM because of how easy it is to make a GDLK unit IMO.

Pair with Sumi/Cord and he might does fine, nostanking or casting random Elf/Arc stuff

Although im biased because he has no beastkiller for caster Sumia

5/10

+1 bias to 6/10 because Henry

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

henry has a rough start. he makes a great dark knight and is pretty strong, but that speed is really bad and will be a problem.

supports help but not that much iirc.

5/10 sounds good

Edited by Ice Sage