Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

I think most DLC character can be evaluated in both maingame and postgame. Some may be too hard to obtain during the maingame though I guess. DLC Marth Micaiah and some others are undoubtedly beast during the maingame though and i feel their score should reflect that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the point in considering "all classes access" a pro when every DLC character can do that?

Also what's the point in saying "he can't support" and see that as a con?

We're talking about only DLC characters now, so I think we also have to focus on what's unique for each of them.

Comparing them to the main characters makes no sense.

In Marth's case:

- Falchion / Rapiers

- Unique class

- Good Growths

Cons:

- Low starting level (can be a pro if you're trying to get him in early game. It's definitely a con in lategame)

One of the best DLC characters if trained.

9.5/10, no bias.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

DLC!Marth

Pros

+ Aptitude + actual decent bases to start with.

+ Can go into any normal class that males can go into.

+ Can use Falchion and Rapiers in his unique class at least.

Cons

- No supports.

- Base level and stats is a con if you're trying to get him late.

Donnel, eat your heart out! DLC!Marth manages to be better than you in almost every way (but Supports), and the difficulty of his map means he can be recruited early enough to make it matter.

I don't really have much else to say about him.

Rating: 7/10

He actually grows really well during the main game and does better than most sword locked units in the game (atleast he did for me). I'm pretty sure he can wield Chrom's falchion which makes it fun giving him free wyvern kills in Chapter 5. He grows so quickly, he doesn't really need supports to hold his own. Best thing about him, he's really easy to get even early on as soon the DLC chapters available, which makes him around a lot longer than a lot of characters. 8.5/10

Has Aptitude and good bases.

Comes early.

These two things make him amazing. His low defenses will be rectified because lolAptitude and he needs no supports to be beastly because his stats will be head and shoulders above everyone else.

He also can access any class.

9/10 who needs supports when you can do what he does?

-0.379 bias because I'm in an annoying mood.

Maingame: Marth has actually usable bases unlike a certain other unit with Aptitude and his Xenologue is easy enough to do early on so he won't be far behind your other units. His growths, due to Aptitude, will be stellar and he will end up very strong. He does start as a swordlocked footie but he can reclass into anything he wants except Pegasus Knight so its not like it really matters. Also he has no supports but his fantastic growths that can actually be used more than make up for it 9/10

Postgame: Every class makes for a ton of skills, meh caps and no supports 7/10

Average: 8/10

If this was FE1 Marth he would have a skill that forces everything to attack him bro

And would spawn a castle on the opposite side of the map that he would have to land on at the end of every chapter to continue

I was sort of going more along the line of the stats compared to Chrom's version of Lord, I think Lodestar has more Attack and less Defense.

He can reclass to any (non female-exclusive) class, plus he has aptitude and unlike donny okay bases. He'll grow really fast and can get skillz, but his base class is kind of "meh" and he has NO SUPPORTS. WHATSOEVER. seriously, that's the one thing that stops me from using dlc characters a lot

8/10

"Hey, what would happen if we gave Donnel good bases, access to unique weaponry, and gave him the option to reclass to every single generic male class set?"

"I dunno, let's find out~!"

And thus the Lodestar was born. He can get himself Veteran in two levels, which means he'll grow FAST. Unlike Donnel, he can take a hit. If the storyline characters are being stubborn, he can jump right in and outdo them. Now I have a terrible idea to get as many Veteran mules as possible. Someone stop me. Please.

8.5/10 (no bias, 'cause I'm not a fan of his art)

"Hey, what would happen if we gave Donnel good bases, access to unique weaponry, and gave him the option to reclass to every single generic male class set?"

And thus the Lodestar was born. He can get himself Veteran in two levels, which means he'll grow FAST. Unlike Donnel, he can take a hit. If the storyline characters are being stubborn, he can jump right in and outdo them. Now I have a terrible idea to get as many Veteran mules as possible. Someone stop me. Please.

Stealing.

I decided to change the score I gave him to 9/10, 10/10 with bias because I kinda underrated him a bit to make up for my favorite lord bias.

He got 8.12 unbiased and 8.29 biased

DLC Unit Day 2: Roy

He's easily the worst character you get out of CoY.

I can't say a whole lot about him having never used him so I'll just give him a 5/10. He's useful but really not that good.

Edited by bearclaw13

Roy joins at level 11, allowing him to reclass into something more interesting or grab veteran right away, but that's about it.

Roy's issue is he brings nothing interesting to the table-Micaiah brings Shadowgift, Marth brings Aptitude and Lodestar. As with the other DLC units he does have unlimited reclass options, so that's a thing, but not having support somewhat balances that out.

In my eyes, only Roy fans are going to want to use him in the first place, you have much better options in the basic team anyway. Gregor joins around this time, I think.

3/10 with no bias for a 3/10

Hum... Roy...

Like bearclaw13 said, he IS the worst character from CoY. I checked out his modifiers on the Serenes Forest Max stats page...

He has a small penalty to strength, but decent skill. I suppose he'd do well as a myrmidon or thief. Actually, yes: He IS better as a thief.

However... He does have all classes to reclass to, but I don't care...

4.5/10 with -1 bias because Roy is my least favorite lord.

Roy joins at level 11, allowing him to reclass into something more interesting or grab veteran right away, but that's about it.

Roy's issue is he brings nothing interesting to the table-Micaiah brings Shadowgift, Marth brings Aptitude and Lodestar. As with the other DLC units he does have unlimited reclass options, so that's a thing, but not having support somewhat balances that out.

In my eyes, only Roy fans are going to want to use him in the first place, you have much better options in the basic team anyway. Gregor joins around this time, I think.

This, but -1 bias because fuck this kid. 2/10

Edited by Zeem

Roy is... only decent; possibly even subpar. His starting stats are meh, only saved by his reclassing oppurtunity, and he doesn't have anything special like his 2 mates from CoY have. Even worse so, he doesn't have the Mercenary skills, even though he is one; so you'd have to start from mercenary level to get Armsthrift or Patience.

He does have Aegis, though. That's kinda cool.

3.5/10, though 4.5/10 with bias because holy shit that art

I agree that Roy is a little bit meh. His bases are alright, but nothing special and he has the dlc problem of having no supports at all. Having access to all male classes is nice and Aegis on an unpromoted unit is pretty good as well. Duel strike is alright even though Roy can't make the most use out of it.

He's also the only Coy character without something special. Marth has good growths and Micky comes with shadowgift which are both nice things to have.

3/10 with an added bias point since the poor guy is pretty disliked and I actually like Roy. His dlc art is also pretty well done.

He's... kinda like a worse Gregor for the main story.

...and that's not a good thing. 3/10

Postgame is amazing as usual though due to the class set he has. 10/10

13/2 = 6.5/10

Stealing.

Talk about mediocre. Roy is just bad. I used him in the out realms draft. He was awful.

Edited by Randa

Roy is crap in any game he is in

Maingame: He has Dual Strike + which alleviates having no supports to work with by a tiny bit. Stat wise, he starts as a crappier Gregor, and Gregor is kinda crappy to begin with, but Roy can reclass into whatever he wants so he has a bit of an edge when it comes to usefulness, but he faces competition for the first seal or two. 4/10

Postgame: Every class, no supports, meh caps 7/10

Average: 5.5/10

As has been said, he's pretty bad. The worst of the CoY characters. He lacks the merc skills for some odd reason and has Dual Strike+ instead. That would a neat skill usually, but since he has no supports, its kinda wasted. DLC character stuff applies to him (all classes and no supports) so he can get access to Veteran or other stuff in maingame and be a somewhat better Gregor without supports.

5/10 -1 bias because Roy 4/10

As has been said, he's pretty bad. The worst of the CoY characters. He lacks the merc skills for some odd reason and has Dual Strike+ instead. That would a neat skill usually, but since he has no supports, its kinda wasted. DLC character stuff applies to him (all classes and no supports) so he can get access to Veteran or other stuff in maingame and be a somewhat better Gregor without supports.

imma steal this

His bases are pretty bad. Marth is three levels lower with comparable stats. He's a Mercenary without either of the class skills, which means if you want them, he needs to be reclassed. Dual Strike+ is meh, because he lacks supports. If I use him, it's because his name is Roy, not because he brings anything amazing to the table.

1/10

Edited by eclipse

stealing this

not Roy for SSB4