Touhou NOCfia - Game Over

Prims

triple psot weeee

The Paper only having 1 read thing is actually pretty concerning actually, since he's like, the third highest poster at the moment.

Yeah not a big fan of Proto's last post. It consists of: him hopping onto the biggest wagon with echoed reasoning, being kind of wishy washy on Kevin, saying that he doesn't have any other scumreads, says new players are being new and asking about some more role shenanigans that we really don't need to hear about now. This is the secon post from Proto where he says surprisingly little with so many words. Keeping my vote here because I'm not happy with him, although my suspicion on Kevin remains.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get this. You should be able to assess the legitimacy of my suspicions yourself, and if you're looking for a second opinion Paperblade's probably isn't the one to seek out -- the person being voted is the most likely to be biased against the vote.

Yeah, I mixed something up with another game because I'm tired. Ignore that bit.

I don't think Paperblade is townie by any stretch- I just think your vote misrepresents his posts. It's wrong to say that Paperblade doesn't have any scumreads when it seems pretty clear to me that he does. My problem with Paperblade is more that he has just the one suspicion. He commented on something to do with the Marth Ninja discussion early on (iirc he agreed that Marth should have outed Ninja) but never really attempted to discern anything from that discussion even though the comment kind of shows he was paying attention to that.

ok not triple post, and that's post you idiot

Fair point. I suppose it's better than throwing his vote all over the place without any meaning, but it's still a very weak vote and I don't consider it a huge point for him.

@SB: BBM is talking about his vote on me. How can he judge my current behaviour based on information that isn't available to me yet? If Paperblade's defence convinced BBM that he was town would that make me scummier? I thought being suspicious of someone of finding your townread scummy was frowned upon here...

I think I totally misinterpreted that. My bad. Attacking someone for voting your townread isn't great, no. But I'm pretty sure BBM voted you for other reasons initially, not for attacking one his townreads... which apprently wasn't a townread. Thanks pedit, I should use you more often. Looking back through a BBM iso I don't really see how you assumed that.

ok not triple post, and that's post you idiot

Fair point. I suppose it's better than throwing his vote all over the place without any meaning, but it's still a very weak vote and I don't consider it a huge point for him.

@SB: BBM is talking about his vote on me. How can he judge my current behaviour based on information that isn't available to me yet? If Paperblade's defence convinced BBM that he was town would that make me scummier? I thought being suspicious of someone of finding your townread scummy was frowned upon here...

I think I totally misinterpreted that. My bad. Attacking someone for voting your townread isn't great, no. But I'm pretty sure BBM voted you for other reasons initially, not for attacking one his townreads... which apprently wasn't a townread. Thanks pedit, I should use you more often. Looking back through a BBM iso I don't really see how you assumed that.

I don't think Paperblade is townie by any stretch- I just think your vote misrepresents his posts. It's wrong to say that Paperblade doesn't have any scumreads when it seems pretty clear to me that he does. My problem with Paperblade is more that he has just the one suspicion. He commented on something to do with the Marth Ninja discussion early on (iirc he agreed that Marth should have outed Ninja) but never really attempted to discern anything from that discussion even though the comment kind of shows he was paying attention to that.

Alright, I'll clarify: I'm bothered because Paperblade has one apparent suspicion and he hasn't directly called him scummy or quantified his suspicions in any way. I should have been clearer.

@SB: The only reason I could think of for BBM wanting to see Paperblade's response before taking his vote off me was for the possibility that Paperblade could appear more townie to him after the fact. Of course, this isn't a *good* reason. I didn't check BBM's ISO for his opinion about Paperblade and actually didn't remember it. And before anyone asks no I'm not pushing BBM about this now -- I'll accept that it was a mistake and I'm just clarifying what I said.

Check me out spamming the thread. I'm going to try to keep up with the game via email updates and respond to anything significant and addressed to me or otherwise important, but beyond that I need to divorce myself from the game for the next 12 hours at least while I get some work done. kbai.

She claimed those two things, yes. Normally I'd let the person addressed answer the question about them, but this could be rolefishing so I want to give Xinnidy a pass to not answer you. Were you just asking for confirmation or do you have a comment or suspicions?

I'm being cut by Shinori but I want to put this down before I read his.

Why choose to say this?

To whoever asked (Baron?), no I don't have solid scumreads right now, just general dislikes. The priorities should set themselves over time. I would probably make an effort to have at least one good answer to this Baldrick wagon right now but I really don't have the time. About that wagon: I find it scummy that Baldrick essentially forgot about his Marth lite-suspicion and his logic is funny, but the funnier thing is that this huge wagon doesn't even address those points and instead focuses on the BBM vote which I'm neutral about.

I'll address other things in 8 hours.

Why choose to say this?

If Xinnidy answered that question she might feel obliged to give more information than she has or she could inadvertently provide additional information to scum. If I'm not mistaken that's a bad thing. If she wants to share other information that's up to her. The fact that Proto wasn't asking specifically for Xinnidy to answer his question is the only thing that makes me think it might not have been an attempt to get more information. If there's a reason why Xinnidy should have been the one to answer the question then it's on Proto to say what it was.

Possibly an overreaction on my behalf but Proto was just looking for confirmation than it'd be easy to skim Xinnidy's ISO, and the lack of a stated motivation for asking that question is weird to me. Also I'm terrible at being absent. /grumble

I kinda thought SSG was SEG, but apparently it's a completely different person, who is also playing her first game here?

It's my second, but my first large game, so the pace is strikingly fast.

Baldrick is rubbing me the wrong way a little, but I need to reread because I just got back from something before I make another post.

Reread, thoughts:

- I miss Helios, he was mah boi

- I think I understand Baldrick's logic better. His BBM vote was weird but I think he thinks that since BBM is claiming it's a mod message that makes him more responsible for the information than before, so he's willing to drop that train of thought until something bad comes of it? idk, it's weird but on rereading it's hard for me to call it scummy. I still don't like that you seemed to believe that he had a contact but were willing to vote him anyway, but idk

- Strege doesn't know shit about Socratic dialogue, asking people questions that lead into more questions is the best way to see what they really think

- IF Baldrick is scum it's worth looking into Strege for chainsaw defense

- I think most of the recent votes on Baldrick are because it's an easy wagon, this bothers me. Or town is being dumb while mafia is lurking out but I don't think Prims would go with like a Necktie/Rein/Zeem/Proto/Fera scumteam (jk I think half these people are on the Bal wagon). Later on the wagon the worse you look, not necessarily because hurrtime but because all the later people are like "I DON'T LIKE HIS BBM INTERACTIONS FROM 100 POSTS AGO I WILL NOW VOTE"

- SB, can you do something beyond complain about inactives and complaining about rolespec? Rolespec doesn't help but neither does "PROTO DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THIS GAME I BETTER VOTE HIM TO MAKE HIM CARE." Your posts read like you're trying to look useful without being useful

- Shinori did nothing all game then made a not-vote on Baldrick.

- Where the fuck is Rapier

List of people with no activity:

Rein

NNR

Xinnidy

SSG

Rapier

Kay

Proto

scorri

People with activity but no real content (aka active lurkers)

Necktie

Fera

Shinori

SB

Objection

Zeem

Prims

I need to reread the other players' ISOs again but first I must go buy groceries

Day 1.7 - Votals

Baldrick (7) - Boron, Paperblade, Manix, Bluedoom, scorri, Proto, Zeem

NekoRex (2) - Stahlypin, Shinori

Strege (2) - Kay, BBM

Zeem (2) - Super Serious Gal, Blitz

Blitz (1) - Rapier

Bluedoom (1) - Reinfleche

Objection!! (1) - Xinnidy

Paperblade (1) - Strege

Proto (1) - Serious Bananas

Reinfleche (1) - Objection!!

Serious Bananas (1) - BT

Not Voting (4): Baldrick, Fera, kirsche, NekoRex

With 24 alive, it takes 8 to deadline lynch and 13 to hammer. You have 26 and a half hours left in the day. Rapier may not be targeted or voted.

Edited by Witch

Sangyul, on 13 Jun 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Oh boy, another ninja modifier ;/

So, new content that popped up since I was asleep: Marth's information is ... interesting, but do you have ANY scum reads at all? Even minor ones or nagging suspicions? Writing a summary makes it look like you're contributing when you're really not (plus you are not eclipse). Isn't there ANYTHING at all that strikes you as odd, besides kirsche's earlier vote on you? How about giving us your opinions on the things that you summarized?

Well I mentioned yesterday that I found Baldy and kirsche to be off, Objection too, and that I disliked Blitz's and Objection's votes on the inactives because those don't help. I also think SB's vote shift from kirsche to proto was odd considering that was effectively a vote on an 'inactive' at that point(proto posted only once I believe, maybe he would post more actual content when he got back) . So if people bothered to read my posts they'd know what my slight suspicions were.

I don't exactly think Strege's questions on BBM were scummy since they look more like paranoid-townie! suspicion and its different from the reactions of Objection and Baldrick. I feel though that Strege's "Objection is kinda scummy for echoing" on Page 5 I think? was kinda off because it looks like a poor reason to just sustain his RVS vote. His Paperblade vote is... Idk, I don't think its SCUMMY per say but it doesn't look townie either, same with his opinion on Proto.

Rein's vote on me is bad because, fine, you don't like a summary and think its fake contribution and vote me, but I find it weird that he mentions kirsche's "There could be scum tracker/watcher" as a bad point(and it looks like he thinks its an argument FOR my case) when in fact kirsche was mostly arguing against me and he only explained hypothetical situations, they weren't 'points for my side.' So it kinda looks like he's getting things from here and there and misrepping me. He also says what, two lines about Baldy? Yada yada, everyone has done that, including me, time for you Rein, with only two posts in the thread, to actually say something about other stuff.

@Strege: My vote on Blitz was more of a casual, non-serious vote cuz I still thought we were in RVS and I just felt like voting someone for the heck of it. I do think what blitz did earlier is normal for him cuz he usually likes to make everyone go against him and then scumhunt based on how people scumread him.

I don't have more time so I'll come back later and give my thoughts on the new posts coming up.

I should clarify a little. I can see things being done which could potentially be indicative of a scum mindset, but nothing that I'm more confident of than I was about BBM. That was almost universally regarded as a bad move. (in fact, a quick wagon analysis tells me all three votes I've received since I declared my unhelpfulness are on the basis of the BBM vote, only one mentioning the no scumreads as an afterthought). Still, what have I got to lose?

I know I'm biased, but objectively, Marth's vote isn't really convincing. Looks like he wanted to get a vote down on me before I voted him.

Strege seems to be awkwardly defending me by questioning Paperblade's methods (pedit: cut by the man, what are you going to do)

Fera spent a disproportionate amount of the time he was here talking about Rapier, and other things unrelated to scumhunting.

Shinori has an odd little post speculating about Xinnidy. Looks like filler. And then there's the fact he criticises me for talking about Marth without laying a vote, then talks about me but decides to leave his vote on a person with one post, on the basis of their RVS post being mediocre.

Making other people receive mod messages is hard to fake, so I don't think BBM would claim he did unless it's for real. Boron is actually using this misrep as a point against me (if someone claims an OC contact role exists, and nobody else receives said OC contact, is that really not suspicious? And do you think I know whether or not mod-messages will be received in future phases?) and that's giving me RGBY flashbacks.

##Unvote

##Vote: Boron

(Not really here, by the way.)

I don't understand your vote on me, Baldrick. If I'm misrepping you, then say so, but what exactly AM I misepping you on? I've told you why your actions bothered me, and it feels to me like you're not seeing my point of view. I think I can understand what you're saying, I'm just not entirely satisfied.

Also, stop bringing up RGBY. I don't even know what I did in there that's giving you "flashbacks" and my play sucked in that game anyway.

So. Neko made two posts. One specifically saying that he would be back to post again that night. That was last night. I really don't want to just let him off with doing nothing. I also didn't really like the reasoning he said why he was wary about an OMGUS in RVS considering that starting a game and subbing into a game that has already been started are two entirely different things. Not to mention there hasn't been a single vote from him whatsoever but I mean I guess at this point it's not helping anything at all.

My content post will come later tonight when I'm not playing league, I'll most likely have a new vote target by then unless Neko comes back.

Okay, I've woken up to 3 nw pages with quite a lot of content, which means that I actually have to read them all...

Basically what I found was:

- Rein has posted which means ##Unvote

- Xin'dy also has posted and is claiming ninja.

- Everybody is now claiming Baldrick scum.

Is that it? Did I miss anything else?

You can't really summarize three pages that succintly, nor is it prudent to do so. Those might have been the "main" events that let you know what's happening in the thread, but none of those are what's going to help you catch scum. Xinny and Rein might have posted, but that doesn't automatically clear them either. Simply popping in and posting isn't that hard. What did you think of what they posted? Of what other people, say, Paperblade, posted? If one of the main events is that people think Baldrick is scum, what do you think of Baldrick? What do you think of the people voting him?

Ugh I'm not sure as to how much leeway Objection should be getting. He has like no worthwhile content whatsoever but first game so bleh.

@Boron:

You're saying my posts are trying to find reasons to suspect BBM, when they're not. You're also misinterpreting what I said about the mod-messages to make it look like I'm determined to push BBM later on, no matter what happens. I'll repeat my specific queries on the latter;

if someone claims an OC contact role exists, and nobody else receives said OC contact, is that really not suspicious?

And do you think I know whether or not mod-messages will be received in future phases?

If I'm understanding your concern, it's that you think I'm trying to get BBM lynched rather than trying to determine his alignment. Perhaps I went at him stronger than I should have, but I assure you the latter is my intention.

You misrepped me there as being waffly, which led to my demise. Can't have been too bad, you won that game quite handily.

@BBM, Objection:

At the very least he should elaborate on it. I inferred there was a content post incoming anyway.

hi i am here and i skimmed (probably too much since I didn't take much out of it)

paper is bothering me for some reason but i can't quite put my finger on it right now

Patience BBM, I'm getting to that.

And I would like to see what Bluedoom does after Baldrick puts down a vote.

And Baldrick, your vote on Boron is kind of defensive, the only reasoning you gave us is because Boron is using a misrep point against you, instead of WHY Boron might be scum. It feels like you're only voting Boron to vote and nothing else. I'll get on other things later.

Objection: You missed nothing but the most important part, your opinion. Your posts are short and don't seem to say much. Do you really have no scum reads right now? Because you voted Rein for inactivity but after he posted you pulled your vote. You've never said much about scum reads, only BBM which was dropped later. Three pages in three points looks like you're trying to contribute, but at the same time, not contribute at all.

Patience BBM, I'm getting to that.

And I would like to see what Bluedoom does after Baldrick puts down a vote.

Baldrick did vote. What do you mean by this?