Randoman's Marth Cosplay

Randoman

I'm not sure if this was the proper place for it or if I should've put this in the FE cosplay thread (but at the same time, I didn't want to hog all the spotlight in that thread and have it become all about my Marth cosplay). Anyways, since I cosplayed as Marth at an anime convention a while ago and I finally got the pictures online, I thought I should share them here. Be nice and go easy one me.

IMG_2658_zps23547e4d.jpg

IMG_2597_zps6f140ab8.jpg

IMG_2596_zps122223af.jpg

So what do you think?

Edited by Randoman

not blue hair and has glasses even though Marth doesn't wear them, 0/10 worst cosplayer ever

is it me or does the sword look kind of messed up, decent otherwise

NO PANTS ALLOWED, YOU'RE COSPLAYING MARTH

Not bad, but I do have to agree and third a wig. There are wig sites you can get one from or just buy one at a convention.

Also, were you SSBM Marth? There are tutorials out there on how to make Marth's breastplate.

Here's a good site with lots of cosplay tutorials.http://cosplaytutorial.com/list.php there's a tutorial on how to make Marth's chestplate from SSBM.

Since you wear glasses like me, I'd suggest taking them off when you're taking pictures of yourself in costume to post online.

I hope this helps :)

Edited by Ace Tactician

Thanks for the input guys.

I guess a blue wig was needed that much, huh? I guess you guys got a point there (though I personally think it looks really weird when someone has a lighter hair colour than skin colour. Not many blue wigs/hair dyes out there are as dark as Marth's hair). I was also thinking of dying/streaking my hair blue, since I felt it's a bit of a waste to put on a wig when my hair naturally has bangs similar to Marth's.

Yeah, I can't really do much about the glasses, since I need them all the time. But I guess taking them off just for pictures is a good idea.

My Marth cosplay was based on his Smash Bros incarnations. That shirt I used for my Marth cosplay was actually a long sleeve shirt, and looking at it one day I got the idea that I could roll up the sleeves and dress up as Marth using that shirt. Perhaps I'll try to make the breastplate for next year. I hope it's not that hard to make.

You could make one out of youth football pads and craft foam. The tutorial site I posted a link to earlier has an easy Marth chestplate tutorial, which I mentioned before. It doesn't look too hard to make.

Dying your hair is a bit of a commitment since you would have Marth blue hair until the dye comes out. If you don't want that effect after a con, then I recommend wearing a wig instead.

Not bad, considering it's just regular clothes assembled so they'd look like Marth's. Everyone said what I'm thinking already, so I'll just be on my way.

Also, are those arm warmers? I want gimme

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NO PANTS ALLOWED, YOU'RE COSPLAYING MARTH

As if...

Marth went straight a loooong time ago.

-----

And like the red jewel on your cape. xD

Edited by Dark_Huntress