Musical Chairs Mafia, Town Wins, the Mod Loses

NekoRex

First of all, Terrador, you shouldn't have posted in the thread after the deadline anyway. I will never know why people do that in the first place knowingly even if the mod isn't around.

HOWEVER, it looks to me as if NekoRex didn't modkill you because you "broke a rule" otherwise he would've done it immediately instead of after your PM.

THAT SAID, don't make stupid comments like in #283 in-thread after fucking deadline.

Edited by Sangyul

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I warned him not to post again in the topic, past deadline, and he sent me several less-then-flattering PMs. I feel the decision was justified.

1) Warning me to not post again didn't happen until arbitrary modkill

2) Only the quoted PM was really impolite in any way

3) Why not just sub me out and not kick Town square in the balls?

Perhaps you should all wait till the game is over, or stick to PMing me

Ah ah, don't make me modkill you~ Deadline was 40 minutes ago, not "as soon as I post in the thread after 2 AM"

I'm only giving you one warning.

This was my warning, and it was only followed further by a stunning disregard for said warning, or any careful thought behind the actions in general that followed.

I'm sticking to my guns and I respectfully request that this topic have no further posts in it until D2 starts, unless it's by an actual moderator. Or me.

P.S. If anyone thinks I have been actually insulted or in any way angry about this turn of events, I'd like to note this was done with no such thoughts in mind. If I were angry, this all would look much different.

Edited by NekoRex

Your "sticking to your guns" disrupted the game far more than anything I ever did. Whatever rationalizations you make, you tipped the balance of the game when you had absolutely no need to.

/moonwalks out

It's late, so I don't have the time to read the full deal here, but there's a request for no posts, so I'm locking it until morning at least. Neko, PM me or eclipse to unlock the thread for you when you're ready for D2 if for some reason I forget and haven't done it.

Still only have one sub (Shinori) so not really sure if it's worth starting D2, hence why I waited an extra day to do anything about getting D2 started.

Still need 2 subs.

Edited by NekoRex

The players all land into a room that looks exactly the same as before... but this time, there are only 10 doors to leave through!

Additionally, Lonely Wallcrab's chair seems to be empty, with him having gone missing! He was the Watcher!

The players are ejected from their seats, and the music begins once more as they spin and spin and spin...

The chairs and music come to a halt, and everyone is forced to take a seat again. The game begins anew!

Day 2 has begun!

Day 2 will end on August 13, 1 AM EST.

It will take 6 votes to lynch a player! Failure to lynch results in Universal Loss.

MODNOTE:

Any discussion related to Terrador's Modkill has been barred in-thread until postgame.

You're free to discuss his posts prior to the end of D1, but the event has caused enough disruption to the game as is.

I would greatly appreciate if it you ignored the ordeal and moved on for the time being. Thank you.

Edited by NekoRex

Bleh.

Well, as Bearclaw made a very odd choice of nightkill, the two likeliest possibilities are:

a) He was Day-Rolecopped by the mafia, and they killed him since power role.

b) He was Vigged, and the mafia's NK was blocked by either the Doctor, the Hooker, or the BPV.

Anyways, we should all claim our roles from last night and what we did with them if we could. I was a vanilla.

For now, ##Vote: Kay. Reasons from last day stand, since she didn't post anything after. Unfortunately she's unlikely to do so any time soon since it's the weekend.

Wait I thought Prims was Vig.

I had the BPV yesterday, for clarity, which is why I made that uber Doc crumb.

I didn't recieve notice that I'd been hit, so afaik the BPV still exists.

prims was just fucking around being prims, and i kind of crumbed it by quoting his first vig post in my first post

I really don't remember what half of the game did on D1 and it's worrying.

Various stuff woo.

scorri is pinging me slightly because she's only really said "i'm not sure" for a bit and then voted terrador and said nothing on anyone else, but it kind of falls apart on the fact she's had two posts altogether so I can't fault her too much for it. Shinori's pretty much gonna decide what I think of the slot.

Kay waffles on Terra with no reasoning for why he's town over scum, and her post's reads don't give any reasoning at all, and there wasn't many in there to begin with, just a bunch of setup spec. Plus she was apparently around at deadline and did nothing, which bugs me too. It's the weekend though so the chances of Kay being on are pretty low.

BBM's "Strege is scummy for having a lot of suspects" is bad as people have already said, especially when he twists the numbers to ignore some of the more lurky players, and even said that his scumreads were fine on reasoning. I also don't like how he put his vote down on Kay right now when he acknowledges that she won't be around. Seems like an excuse to just votepark imo.

Darros' Terrador vote felt really lazy ("not a lot of reads") and his reasons for attacking me are even weaker, (my plan which could clear almost half the game is apparently scummy), and him ignoring the doc/hooker and saying we have "only vanillas" makes it seem like the plan is a lot worse when we still have our two strongest roles, and apparently we should never clear anyone because then the mafia will want to kill them?

Oh and BBM way to not point out that SB also didn't move his vote from Wallcrab after he explained it with personal preference you mean jerk.

Uh, I don't really get what you're saying here?

##Vote: BBM

I suggest that Objection claim before anyone else does. Four possibilities:

-Objection is scum and claims last: he gets a free ride.
-Objection is scum and claims next: he could botch it by saying he roleblocked someone whose action went through.
-Objection is town and claims last: he could catch a fake doc claim.
-Objection is town and claims next: potential scum!doc gets a free ride.

The upside is most significant and the downside is least significant if he claims next rather than last (I didn't look at each claim order because /effort but yeah).

@SB: Check post 232 for my explanation of that.

Terra hasn't posted in more than 48 hours either. >_>

Strege- By Objection explaining less, I thought you meant explaining worse. But okay then, if him explaining less is in your words a nulltell, then why are you using it as a reason for why you don't think he's that scummy? And considering both possibilities for why nobody other than you is defending Objection, it's a nulltell. So again, why is it a reason for why he shouldn't be lynched?

I meant that, because Objection wasn't around to explain his reasoning, we were more likely to mistake weirdness for scumminess; it's not really so much a reason to find him more townie but it's been a fear of mine since Touhou (sorry for talking about past games so much it's probably bad to do so) and it made me give him a little more benefit of the doubt. I don't understand where you get a nulltell for me defending / waffling on Objection exactly. It's a situation that you would have to assess associatively and with some difficulty, but that doesn't mean you can't try to determine what is more likely.

I guess it's weak material for a read, but we didn't have a lot of posts to go on from Objection and since I was more unsure of the vote than most were I guess I overestimated other people's desperation for reading material (which I kinda had). Again, it's more convincing FMPOV.

I was a lazy jerk who didn't reread during the night, but I'll try to get some stuff out today.

Strege Objection already claimed that he was the Hooker yesterday.

Pardon me; in all contexts in which I use "claim" I mean claim last day's role and last night's target, the latter of which we don't know from Objection.

I didn't twist the numbers to take out the lurky members. I took out the members who literally did not have a single content post, because you can't call someone scummy when the extent of their contributions in the thread has been to put down an RVS vote. More importantly, Strege himself would never do so because he's expressed in several games now that he doesn't like voting inactives or even lurkers early on.

Objection should out his target, as should the Doc, since the mafia kill was apparently blocked.

As for my Kay vote, I said the bit about her not being there for weekends pre-emptively because I thought somebody else would otherwise, to show that I didn't really care if she wasn't going to be here for the next day or two. It's unfortunate that she won't, but I don't have another scumread to vote for at the moment.

I didn't twist the numbers to take out the lurky members. I took out the members who literally did not have a single content post, because you can't call someone scummy when the extent of their contributions in the thread has been to put down an RVS vote. More importantly, Strege himself would never do so because he's expressed in several games now that he doesn't like voting inactives or even lurkers early on.

Objection should out his target, as should the Doc, since the mafia kill was apparently blocked.

The part about me trying not to vote inactives eez true (though I make exceptions, and I am sure to do so this game given the quantity of inactives) though I guess the more relevant bit would be that those people didn't really have content IIRC. Do you still find my quantity of early D1 scumreads ? (I still dunno if I can defend against it, but I'm just not certain what your read on me looks like atm.)

errbody should out their targets, but people who were vanilla last day should not claim I think.

(I'm not lurking, just rereading.)