Walhart FE10 (0% growths boss run possibly LTC) brainstorm- Pick my playstyle

darkkfan

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Difficulty and Playstyle?

• Normal- High Difficulty, Focus on LTC ASAP
    • Hard- Extreme Difficulty, LTC the occasional chapter
    • Normal Mode but different playstyle (post below)
    • Hard Mode but different playstyle (post below)

So I'm doing the sequel to this soon (don't worry, there will be a formal introduction topic within a few days/a week), but it's basically a Boss 0% growth run of FE10 possibly with LTC elements. This game is (finally) all hacked with 0% growths and such, but I have a dilemma.

I've created this topic mostly for one purpose: to get some feedback on a certain question.

FE10's enemies are harder than FE9's, so if I decide to play on hard mode like I did for my FE9 generic 0% growths run, the first half dozen or so chapters will be much the same as with the original: 50+ turns a piece with a ton of vulnerary spamming and not much else. I haven't tested the mid to late game but I'd assume they would similarly make it less about LTC and more about surviving without getting slaughtered. Sure, there might be a few low turn chapters (as with chapters 20, 23, 24, 26, 28 or something like that) in the FE9 run, but the game would play much like my FE9 run (not saying that's a bad thing just putting it out there).

The other option is to do normal mode. The first few chapters would still be grueling with only a couple units, but by the late DB/early part 2 chapters I should be able to start full on LTC'ing the rest of the game. This would provide a new kind of challenge from the last run, but I could no longer claim the same level of grueling difficulty.

Personally, I'm leaning towards the second option since I won't be getting any healers till part 4 and no thieves, so hard mode would be extremely difficult and somewhat tedious (it may force Deus Ex Walhart Infinite vulnerary shenanigans again), but I don't want to bias anyone either way.

So yeah, I created a poll for this, but I'd also love people to post and tell me what they think about these options.

Edited by Walmart