Not sure what filler skills to put on my supports. Any other recommended changes?

No Hit+20 on Yarne is a shame, but eh. Lucky 7 doesn't work well in Apo, I'd advise something else (even AT or DG+ if you can't find anything useful, they make nice filler). If Kjelle goes Astra over All+2, put her in a slower, stronger or higher Mov class instead, since she'll have 5 Spd to burn.

I'm actually doing Normal/Casual at the moment because as my signature mentioned I am hopeless at the game (even though I've had it for a couple of years *looks down guiltily*) it took me over two years just to beat Lucina/Marth and get past chapter 5. So that said I am a really bad player. I have made a deal that I will try classic mode when I can get through casual unscathed...I usually end up with two or three units dead a chapter :/

However I was curious because I want to improve my strategy to go up to a higher difficulty. I tried hard casual once and suffice to say I ended up killing my MU :/

In that case, you probably won't even be able to tell the difference between pairs performance-wise, so you can go with absolutely anything you want. A few general pointers for improving your game, though:

-Always check enemy ranges with X to make sure you're not leaving any hurt/squishy units in range of attacks. The safest way to engage an enemy is to put the unit who will be fighting them at the very edge of their range, and then have a few more units adjacent to them but out of range.

-If you feel like your units are too weak, try using fewer. Since the exp is spread more thickly, your units will get stronger faster and be harder to kill.

-Make sure everyone is Paired Up at all times. The majority of the units you get early on give +Def boosts, which makes the lead units a lot harder to kill.

-Switch the bottom screen to Detailed (there's a switch in the top right corner). It won't help much now, but once it can, it'll be important.

-Use your Avatar a lot, they're one of the best units in the game due to growing way faster than everyone else.

-Use Fred sparingly to preserve his Silver Lance. If you want to keep him long-term, buy him a sword or give him Stahl's so he can fight without it (I'm assuming it broke before you got to Marth).

-Buy lots of Javelins as soon as you can. They're really good and you get a lot of lance users.

Okay so on second thought, I don't want to bother using Donnel, and this isn't exactly an unpopular sentiment. What should I do with Kjelle if Gaius is with Noire?

Give her Gaius. Noire takes not having GF far better than Kjelle does since she has things to gain that neither Gaius nor Donnel can give her, while Kjelle already has everything but GF and more mods (so Gaius makes her perfect).

The four you may want to consider for Noire are Vaike, Ricken, Lon'qu and Fred. Vaike gives her AT and excellent mods to be a Double Bow Sniper (use LB/AT/Vengeance/All+2/Anathema and pair her with a Berserker- she can take one without a +Hit skill of its own), Ricken gives her TF and the means to make use of Tharja's big Mag mod (Hard support Sage), Lon'qu gives her the Spd to be a procstacking 75 Spd Wyvern (something that neither Severa nor Kjelle can do without sacrificing GF themselves or getting a Robin father- use LB/LF/Luna/Astra/All+2 and a Berserker support), and Fred gives nice Skl/Str while being in very low demand.

What are nice options to pair my MaMu Str+/Def- for 3rd gen morgan?

Sibling Lucina/Cynthia, Lon'qu/Virion!Severa, and Gaius!Kjelle.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, you probably won't even be able to tell the difference between pairs performance-wise, so you can go with absolutely anything you want. A few general pointers for improving your game, though:

-Always check enemy ranges with X to make sure you're not leaving any hurt/squishy units in range of attacks. The safest way to engage an enemy is to put the unit who will be fighting them at the very edge of their range, and then have a few more units adjacent to them but out of range.

-If you feel like your units are too weak, try using fewer. Since the exp is spread more thickly, your units will get stronger faster and be harder to kill.

-Make sure everyone is Paired Up at all times. The majority of the units you get early on give +Def boosts, which makes the lead units a lot harder to kill.

-Switch the bottom screen to Detailed (there's a switch in the top right corner). It won't help much now, but once it can, it'll be important.

-Use your Avatar a lot, they're one of the best units in the game due to growing way faster than everyone else.

-Use Fred sparingly to preserve his Silver Lance. If you want to keep him long-term, buy him a sword or give him Stahl's so he can fight without it (I'm assuming it broke before you got to Marth).

-Buy lots of Javelins as soon as you can. They're really good and you get a lot of lance users.

My worst problem (if I could call it that) is not so much failing to note the enemies range but more so when my units get hurt and I can't get Lissa or Maribelle (or my MU if she's a cleric/he's a priest) to them. I do mostly lose them during the enemies' turns and right after I healed someone else who had lower health than the unit that wasn't in any mortal danger of dying that dies usually when said unit had a full bar of health. Is there a way of determining who then would help to increase the chances of dual guards regardless of supports, or should I use maps like the Golden Gaffe/EXPonential Growth to try to level my units up as fast as I can? I already use the maps to help increase support points with some of my units (Chrom and the avatar come to mind here, or Frederick and Sumia or even Henry and Tharja).

Also you can't get javalins early into the game :) the best you can get is iron weaponry until after you complete side story 2 D: which is a struggle to get through unless I have MU at almost lv 10 or higher with the rest of the team at about 9-10 themselves. Higher leveled units I have found makes a good deal of difference :D

That aside I think I am very indecisive when it comes to who to pair with who. I know however that I like to have happy endings for the characters and tend to pair accordingly (although I have no idea how to pair child characters D: and am lost from the few I always pair up)

Thanks for the tips. I will definately keep them in mind for this current playthrough and when I get to the maMU playthrough!

Oh I forgot to add I didn't use Frederick all that much...I think it was because I didn't use him for that chapter and the team wasn't at a high enough level at the time.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Assassin gives excellent pairup bonuses, but is nothing spectacular from the back or in the front because it has low strength and low mobility. So a lot of the metagame these days has revolved around replicating the advantages of Assassins with other classes. For instance, getting to 75 speed with a +3 speed pairup instead of a +4 pairup is a big deal because it means you get to use Berserkers, which net you a huge 10 strength in the back and an extra 3 strength for the lead.

Also you can't get javalins early into the game :) the best you can get is iron weaponry until after you complete side story 2 D: which is a struggle to get through unless I have MU at almost lv 10 or higher with the rest of the team at about 9-10 themselves. Higher leveled units I have found makes a good deal of difference :D

Do you have Internet access on your 3DS? If so, you can buy Javelins off Spotpass Florina, I think - go to Bonus Teams, and she's under Fire Emblem. As for your other issues, I'd agree with Czar_Yoshi's suggestion of using fewer units. It'd probably help if you bought a few Vulneraries/other healing items - they'll make it so you don't have to use your healers for everything. Also, check the enemy's Attack (not Strength or Magic, but the Attack stat that appears on the detailed menu) against your units' defense and health stats before you move your units in range of them so you know who will and won't die to each of them.

Edited by aeroblast

Do you have Internet access on your 3DS? If so, you can buy Javelins off Spotpass Florina, I think - go to Bonus Teams, and she's under Fire Emblem. As for your other issues, I'd agree with Czar_Yoshi's suggestion of using fewer units. It'd probably help if you bought a few Vulneraries/other healing items - they'll make it so you don't have to use your healers for everything. Also, check the enemy's Attack (not Strength or Magic, but the Attack stat that appears on the detailed menu) against your units' defense and health stats before you move your units in range of them so you know who will and won't die to each of them.

Ohh that is a brillant idea!! I did not think that there was a street pass/spot pass team that did that O.O

I didn't realise that the attack stat was so important (although I thought it had something to do with damage and kept trying to work out how who did what damage to enemies and why some didn't do any damage at all to certain enemies). I never could work out how to get the max damage out of my units...this opens up more strategy than I realised as well as showing just how daft I am :/ it's a wonder I managed to even finish the game in the first time I did a run through it! I thought I was improving my strategy not mediocre at it by losing units needlessly! I suppose this has an effect on the pairings as well? I noticed that in addition to improved stats sometimes other things would improve e.g movement etc and was wondering if that was because of pairings...*really should have paid attention to my avatar's hints about strategy!*

I find that even if I had healing items on those units that out move my healers they don't really help me that much as I want to make sure to lvl up my healers as quickly as possible (also I did mention that the units that died were the ones that were in full health being wittled down while I was powerless to do anything at all because it was the enemies' turn). I don't like the fact that healers are easy targets, even with supports that increase their def/res although avatar usually has the advantage of a high def by the time I make them a healer (I like fem avatar to have high def because Chrom gives a 0 def cap and I like my Lucina to have good res and def which fem avatar covers nicely and I can use levin swords for Lucina as well definate win win for me!)

Thank you! i also notice that whenever people here talk about classes, they never mention assassin. Why?

Assassin is kind of a funny case. Basically, the meta is currently geared toward getting as much offensive presence as possible (procstacks, high Atk, high Mov, avoiding low Skl + Luna) while not sacrificing or wasting any Spd. So the end goal of most strategies is to take slow, strong classes and give them exactly what they need (and no more) to be strong and not slow.

Assassins are so fast that you really don't have to give them anything to hit the highest Spd threshold out there- all it takes is 4 Spd from a combination of mods, All+2 and pairup class bonuses (compare to Wyvern's 12 and Sniper's 10). This would make it seem like you'd just have more leeway to stack offense onto them, but additional offense from sources other than class choice is limited enough that the slow, strong classes are optimized enough to have it all already.

So basically they have too much of something you can only have enough of, and not enough of something you always want more of. That said, if you don't feel like spending hours making a fully optimized team, throwing in a few Assassins is a quick and dirty fix to make sure you'll be able to tackle the bosses- not at max power, but still enough to win (yes, I know that implies that getting the slow, strong classes to max power isn't necessary, but it's still what we aim for because there really isn't a better target. At this point it's optimization for the sake of optimization, and it's been there since the old GDL meta).

My worst problem (if I could call it that) is not so much failing to note the enemies range but more so when my units get hurt and I can't get Lissa or Maribelle (or my MU if she's a cleric/he's a priest) to them. I do mostly lose them during the enemies' turns and right after I healed someone else who had lower health than the unit that wasn't in any mortal danger of dying that dies usually when said unit had a full bar of health. Is there a way of determining who then would help to increase the chances of dual guards regardless of supports, or should I use maps like the Golden Gaffe/EXPonential Growth to try to level my units up as fast as I can? I already use the maps to help increase support points with some of my units (Chrom and the avatar come to mind here, or Frederick and Sumia or even Henry and Tharja).

Two good things you can do to fix this are to keep Vulneraries on everyone (and not be afraid to use them), and not send all your units forward at once so you can withdraw your hurt units and heal them up while another wave fights. Also take time in between enemy waves to heal everyone to full- on lower difficulties most enemies will leave you alone unless you specifically get in their range.

I didn't realise that the attack stat was so important (although I thought it had something to do with damage and kept trying to work out how who did what damage to enemies and why some didn't do any damage at all to certain enemies). I never could work out how to get the max damage out of my units...this opens up more strategy than I realised as well as showing just how daft I am :/ it's a wonder I managed to even finish the game in the first time I did a run through it! I thought I was improving my strategy not mediocre at it by losing units needlessly! I suppose this has an effect on the pairings as well? I noticed that in addition to improved stats sometimes other things would improve e.g movement etc and was wondering if that was because of pairings...*really should have paid attention to my avatar's hints about strategy!*

If you switch the bottom screen to Full view, there are 7 relevant stats (you can't see them when it's Simplified, which is a big source of problems for people new to FE). The base idea behind the calculations is pretty simple once you know what does what.

-Strength and Magic are your attack stats. Your attack will be the might of whatever weapon you're using + the corresponding Str/Mag stat, and you also get small bonuses from some pairups, from having a high weapon rank, or having a weapon triangle advantage (Swords beat Axes, Axes beat Lances, Lances beat Swords).

-Skill mainly affects your hit rate. Later on, you can get skills like Sol and Luna, and it makes those activate more often too.

-Speed affects your Avoid. Your Hit - the enemy's Avoid = your chance to hit. Speed also allows a unit to go twice if it's at least 5 points higher than the enemy's. Some people consider it to be the best stat in the game.

-Luck reduces enemy critical chance, and slightly affects your Hit and Avoid. The base formula for Hit is (Skl * 3 + Lck) / 2, and the base formula for Avoid is the same but with Spd instead of Skl. Hit also has your weapon's Hit added to it, and there are a few other ways to raise Hit/Avo such as pairing up, having certain skills and standing on defensive terrain.

-Defense and Resistance lower the damage you take from Str/Mag based attacks, respectively. Damage taken = total Atk - appropriate defensive stat.

If you want an easy way to level up your healers, try getting an enemy caught out alone, box him in on all four sides with tanky units (like Fred, Avatar and Kellam), unequip their weapons from the items menu (a really great command that prevents them from counterattacking if they get attacked) so they don't kill the foe, and then let him whack you for a while and just sit there healing over and over until his weapon breaks (he'll be harmless then so you can feed him to whoever needs an easy kill).

Ohh that is a brillant idea!! I did not think that there was a street pass/spot pass team that did that O.O

I find that even if I had healing items on those units that out move my healers they don't really help me that much as I want to make sure to lvl up my healers as quickly as possible (also I did mention that the units that died were the ones that were in full health being wittled down while I was powerless to do anything at all because it was the enemies' turn). I don't like the fact that healers are easy targets, even with supports that increase their def/res although avatar usually has the advantage of a high def by the time I make them a healer (I like fem avatar to have high def because Chrom gives a 0 def cap and I like my Lucina to have good res and def which fem avatar covers nicely and I can use levin swords for Lucina as well definate win win for me!)

Yeah, the attack stat's basically just Weapon Might + Str/Mag + any other bonuses. Magic is used for all tomes, Levin Swords, Bolt Axes, and Shocksticks, and Strength is everything else. Defense is used for physical attacks, and Resistance is for magical ones. The damage forecast is useful, too - when you select an enemy to attack, it shows how much damage you'll do without you having to calculate it manually, though it doesn't take most skills into account.

Pair Up bonuses are partially based on the support unit's stats, partially on fixed class bonuses, and partially on support rank between the two units. A few classes give Movement bonuses - Great Knight, Thief, and Trickster are the only ones I know off the top of my head, but there's probably more. When you're pairing two units that you aren't used to pairing, check the displayed bonuses before you confirm. Try to keep pairs consistent, if you're not already - they'll build support faster between just the two of them than with multiple partners, and they'll get better bonuses and more Dual Strikes.

To help out your healing issues, keep your units close together most of the time. There are times and places for rushing across the map, but if you keep your units close you'll a) be able to keep your healers close to everyone (in the center/back) without risking harm to them, b) be at less risk of having one unit get ganged up on, and c) get better in-battle support bonuses (they stack with all adjacent units, not just the active battle partner). Your healers are mostly going to have to be on the sidelines most of the time, but if you can't surround them to keep them safe, try leaving them just outside the edges of the danger zone and bringing your hurt units to them, instead of vice versa. If you'd like your healers to be less vulnerable, consider immediately promoting or reclassing them once they hit level 10; they'll be able to attack, so they'll level up faster. You can make other units into Clerics/Priests or Sages to compensate for losing your current healers if you reclass them.

If you want, you can still see the tutorial messages whenever - press X to go to the menu, then hit L.

You can probably learn anything else you might need to about game mechanics on Serenes's Awakening page, but if you need to know anything else send me a private message - this is going a bit off topic! :)

I do a lot of pairings, though this is a first.

Robin x Nowi

What should I give Nah and Morgan~?

For Apotheosis, both will probably want something along the lines of Limit Breaker/Galeforce/Ignis/some -Faire/AS+2 or Luna, skill-wise. Ignis is the main thing you want from the Tactician tree. For ingame and most DLC, procs (Luna, Ignis, etc.) are always nice, Galeforce is great for hit-and-run, Armsthrift is convenient, and a Brave weapon or Celica's Gale helps a ton. Some skill combinations, like Galeforce + Ignis/Luna and Vantage + Vengeance are also useful, since you can get basically any skill combo you want. Is there anything in particular you're looking for these kids to do?

Edited by aeroblast

For Apotheosis, both will probably want something along the lines of Limit Breaker/Galeforce/Ignis/some -Faire/AS+2 or Luna, skill-wise. Ignis is the main thing you want from the Tactician tree. For ingame and most DLC, procs (Luna, Ignis, etc.) are always nice, Galeforce is great for hit-and-run, Armsthrift is convenient, and a Brave weapon or Celica's Gale helps a ton. Some skill combinations, like Galeforce + Ignis/Luna and Vantage + Vengeance are also useful, since you can get basically any skill combo you want. Is there anything in particular you're looking for these kids to do?

Not really. Thank you though~ I'll pass down Armsthrift.

Two good things you can do to fix this are to keep Vulneraries on everyone (and not be afraid to use them), and not send all your units forward at once so you can withdraw your hurt units and heal them up while another wave fights. Also take time in between enemy waves to heal everyone to full- on lower difficulties most enemies will leave you alone unless you specifically get in their range.

If you switch the bottom screen to Full view, there are 7 relevant stats (you can't see them when it's Simplified, which is a big source of problems for people new to FE). The base idea behind the calculations is pretty simple once you know what does what.

-Strength and Magic are your attack stats. Your attack will be the might of whatever weapon you're using + the corresponding Str/Mag stat, and you also get small bonuses from some pairups, from having a high weapon rank, or having a weapon triangle advantage (Swords beat Axes, Axes beat Lances, Lances beat Swords).

-Skill mainly affects your hit rate. Later on, you can get skills like Sol and Luna, and it makes those activate more often too.

-Speed affects your Avoid. Your Hit - the enemy's Avoid = your chance to hit. Speed also allows a unit to go twice if it's at least 5 points higher than the enemy's. Some people consider it to be the best stat in the game.

-Luck reduces enemy critical chance, and slightly affects your Hit and Avoid. The base formula for Hit is (Skl * 3 + Lck) / 2, and the base formula for Avoid is the same but with Spd instead of Skl. Hit also has your weapon's Hit added to it, and there are a few other ways to raise Hit/Avo such as pairing up, having certain skills and standing on defensive terrain.

-Defense and Resistance lower the damage you take from Str/Mag based attacks, respectively. Damage taken = total Atk - appropriate defensive stat.

If you want an easy way to level up your healers, try getting an enemy caught out alone, box him in on all four sides with tanky units (like Fred, Avatar and Kellam), unequip their weapons from the items menu (a really great command that prevents them from counterattacking if they get attacked) so they don't kill the foe, and then let him whack you for a while and just sit there healing over and over until his weapon breaks (he'll be harmless then so you can feed him to whoever needs an easy kill).

Many thanks XD

A more on topic question. With Nah who is the best father? Obviously I was thinking of going Donnel for my maMU playthrough, but I was wondering if there was someone who perhaps would hand down potentially better skill sets/ class sets and give Nowi a happy ending :)

And with Noire is Henry a good father stat wise? I know I pair Tharja and Henry (XD OTP of course) however I would like to see how Tharja's other matches (excluding maMU because I will never pair him with her under any circumstances...*shudders*) stack up :D

Many thanks XD

A more on topic question. With Nah who is the best father? Obviously I was thinking of going Donnel for my maMU playthrough, but I was wondering if there was someone who perhaps would hand down potentially better skill sets/ class sets and give Nowi a happy ending :)

And with Noire is Henry a good father stat wise? I know I pair Tharja and Henry (XD OTP of course) however I would like to see how Tharja's other matches (excluding maMU because I will never pair him with her under any circumstances...*shudders*) stack up :D

Well... stat wise... Kellam turns Nah into an invincible (physically) truck-beast.

Looking at my Kellam!Nah as a Manakete, these are her stats-

Str: 43 + 11 (DS+) 8 (DS)

Mag: 37 + 6 (DS+) 5 (DS)

Skill: 36 + 5 (DS+) 3 (DS)

Spd: 32 + 4 (DS+) 2 (DS)

Lck: 45

Def: 47 +15 (DS+) 10 (DS)

Res: 43 + 9 (DS+) 7 (DS)

Vaike also works pretty well with Nah, but if you're not using Donnel with Kjelle he'll work just fine. Donnel gives her Galeforce and Vaike gives her a lot of things that aren't Galeforce. Your call.

I think that was the main reason I was going to go with Donnel as Nah's father. I like galeforce users (lol) and I find that they are so damn useful on a map (especially since only the girls can learn it :P). That said this was only a recent development as I was researching what was best for my fem avatar to give to Lucina (aside from making Lucina a god and lovely Grima killer with insane def and mag stats over Chrom XD) and the skill that kept coming up was galeforce not just for Lucina but male Morgan. Being the curious individual that I was I put my fem avatar through the pegasus knight line and got galeforce. I find that I like to pick up male Morgan pretty much right after recruiting Lucina so I have both with galeforce and I don't forget to get it for Lucina XD then I reclass Lucina to Tactician (veteran ftw!) then follow the mage and dark mage lines (lift Lucina's magic stat).

I haven't figured out what to do with the other kids yet (Severa and Yarne usually).

This is what I have for my maMU run/Fem MU present run

maMu x Lucina ~ Aether fem Morgan/Chrom x fem avatar~ Obviously for god Lucina and blue-haired M Morgan as her brother :D

Vaike x Maribelle ~ +Str War Monk Brady (fem MU playthrough as well)

Ricken x Miriel ~ High Mag Laurent (might change this one for my fem playthrough)

Donnel x Nowi~ Galeforce Nah (might use this pairing for my fem MU playthrough)

Henry x Tharja~ Lifetaker/Despoil Noire? (fem MU playthrough)

Stalh x Sully ~ Kjelle (same as fem MU playthrough :P)

Libra x Olivia~ Renewal Indigo (definately fem MU playuthrough)/Chrom x Olivia ~Rightful King Indigo?

Lon'qu x Lissa ~ Lethality/galefore Owain with insane skl and spd

Frederick x Sumia~ higher stat caps Cynthia :P

Virion x Cherche~ Bowbreaker Gerome (fem MU play through as well)

??? x Panne ~ No clue what to do here since Panne gives lethality

???x Cordelia~ Severa...again not so certain...Cordelia is pretty rude to most of her supports

So now to work out the last two :/ I am thinking Libra x Panne (Male MU run) and Gregor x Cordelia or someone else that they can support with.

Chrom x Olivia

MaMU x Nowi

Gaius x Tharja

Henry x Sumia

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Libra x Lissa

Donnel x Sully

Ricken x Maribelle

Miriel x ???

Cherche x ???

Panne x ???

I was wondering who Panne, Cherche, and Miriel should have... The ones that are left are Kellam, Vaike, Virion, Frederick, Stahl, and Gregor.

Chrom x Olivia
MaMU x Nowi
Gaius x Tharja
Henry x Sumia
Lon'qu x Cordelia
Libra x Lissa
Donnel x Sully
Ricken x Maribelle
Miriel x ???
Cherche x ???
Panne x ???
I was wondering who Panne, Cherche, and Miriel should have... The ones that are left are Kellam, Vaike, Virion, Frederick, Stahl, and Gregor.

For Cherche I would suggest Virion because he has bow breaker and given that Gerome is a wyvern rider that can be useful against enemies that attack with bows :D that's the only pairing that I can recommend since I haven't tried the other possible ones XD

Chrom x Olivia
MaMU x Nowi
Gaius x Tharja
Henry x Sumia
Lon'qu x Cordelia
Libra x Lissa
Donnel x Sully
Ricken x Maribelle
Miriel x ???
Cherche x ???
Panne x ???

I would personally go:

Miriel x Gregor

Cherche x Vaike

Panne x Virion/Stahl

Yarne wants Hit + 20 to perfect his Berserker build, and the Sniper class gives him that. He and Gerome both want to be hard hitting support, and Gerome gets the Berserker class from Vaike.

Gregor!Laurent is an awesome sorcerer tank.

Chrom x Olivia
MaMU x Nowi
Gaius x Tharja
Henry x Sumia
Lon'qu x Cordelia
Libra x Lissa
Donnel x Sully
Ricken x Maribelle
Miriel x ???
Cherche x ???
Panne x ???

Vaike/Gregor/Frederick/Stahl x Cherche are all good. But if you want hard stats-

Frederick!Gerome:

+6 Strength.

+5 Defense.

+2 Skill.

+1 Luck.

-1 Magic and Resistance.

-2 Speed.

Thanks gamefaqs! While this slows Gerome down, he gets a really tanky setup. Both PavGis, he gets Luna for damage, Dual Guard+ and Dual Support+, and Paladin. He can be a very helpful backup. A good pairing.

Virion!Gerome:

+4 Strength.

+2 Skill and Speed.

+1 Magic and Defense

0 Luck.

-1 Resistance.

Nothing. Gerome gets nothing out of this that he couldn't get from other fathers. Next.

Vaike!Gerome

+7 Strength.

+3 Defense.

+1 Skill and Speed.

0 Luck.

-1 Magic.

-3 Resistance.

Oh my. That strength. It can be furthered due to him getting Berserker, and therefore Axefaire.

Stahl!Gerome

+6 Strength.

+5 Defense.

+1 Skill.

0 Speed and Magic.

-1 Luck.

-2 Resistance.

A pretty good Gerome all things considered. Can get Swordfaire for Hero, gets Luna... and a bit more speed then usual, with Neutral mods.

Kellam!Gerome

+6 Defense.

+5 Strength.

+1 Magic and Skill.

-1 Luck and Resistance.

-2 Speed.

Pretty tanky. Also allows him to pull some weird shit with that boosted magic growth since he gets no physical faires...

Gregor!Gerome

+6 Strength.

+4 Defense.

+2 Skill.

0 Magic, Speed and Luck.

-3 Resistence.

My personal favorite for Gerome (besides Henry being his dad but that is kind of a "meh" pairing). It gives him Armsthrift (!!!!), Axefaire AND Swordfaire, good mods all around (being only one off from the massive +7 which feels a tad bit overkill) and crap Res... but that's par for the course. Also gets him Astra and Vantage, similar to the Stahl pairing.

Vaike/Gregor/Frederick/Stahl x Cherche are all good. But if you want hard stats-

Frederick!Gerome:

+6 Strength.

+5 Defense.

+2 Skill.

+1 Luck.

-1 Magic and Resistance.

-2 Speed.

Thanks gamefaqs! While this slows Gerome down, he gets a really tanky setup. Both PavGis, he gets Luna for damage, Dual Guard+ and Dual Support+, and Paladin. He can be a very helpful backup. A good pairing.

-snip-

Gregor!Gerome

+6 Strength.

+4 Defense.

+2 Skill.

0 Magic, Speed and Luck.

-3 Resistence.

My personal favorite for Gerome (besides Henry being his dad but that is kind of a "meh" pairing). It gives him Armsthrift (!!!!), Axefaire AND Swordfaire, good mods all around (being only one off from the massive +7 which feels a tad bit overkill) and crap Res... but that's par for the course. Also gets him Astra and Vantage, similar to the Stahl pairing.

Gregor!Gerome seems really good.. But I'm thinking of handing Gregor to Panne. So Freddy!Gerome it is.

Frederick!Gerome:

+6 Strength.

+5 Defense.

+2 Skill.

+1 Luck.

-1 Magic and Resistance.

-2 Speed.

He doesn't get berserker, a faire, or a +hit skill. PavGis is useless, and DG+ and DS+ are very close to useless. He won't ever need luna because he'll be in the back the whole time. This one only rose to popularity because a gamefaqs user thought it would be funny if he tried to make a shit pair seem good (although I actually do like them together if we're going by supports, but unfortunately supports don't make Gerome good).

Virion!Gerome:

+4 Strength.

+2 Skill and Speed.

+1 Magic and Defense

0 Luck.

-1 Resistance.

Nothing. Gerome gets nothing out of this that he couldn't get from other fathers. Next.

Not true. He gets both Bowfaire (Warriors LOVE bowfaire) and a +hit skil in Hit+20, which most other fathers can't provide. This is actually one of the best fathers for Gerome.

Vaike!Gerome

+7 Strength.

+3 Defense.

+1 Skill and Speed.

0 Luck.

-1 Magic.

-3 Resistance.

Oh my. That strength. It can be furthered due to him getting Berserker, and therefore Axefaire.

He lacks a skill to improve his hit rate as a berserker, so while his strength is good, there are much better fathers. Vaike also has better use on others.

Stahl!Gerome

+6 Strength.

+5 Defense.

+1 Skill.

0 Speed and Magic.

-1 Luck.

-2 Resistance.

A pretty good Gerome all things considered. Can get Swordfaire for Hero, gets Luna... and a bit more speed then usual, with Neutral mods.

A better version of Virion!Gerome. Essentially the same things as Virion!Gerome, but with more strength. This one is good (I personally use this one).

Kellam!Gerome

+6 Defense.

+5 Strength.

+1 Magic and Skill.

-1 Luck and Resistance.

-2 Speed.

Pretty tanky. Also allows him to pull some weird shit with that boosted magic growth since he gets no physical faires...

See Frederick but with even worse mods. Not good.

Gregor!Gerome

+6 Strength.

+4 Defense.

+2 Skill.

0 Magic, Speed and Luck.

-3 Resistence.

Same as Vaike but with one less strength. He gets berserker, but doesn't have the +hit skill he'll need to be good with it. There are much better pairings for Gerome, and Gregor is so pro on Laurent, there's not much reason to use him here.

Henry!Gerome is actually the best Gerome out of all of them (Anathema and Berserker). The alternatives are Stahl and Virion, then Vaike and Gregor if all of the above are seriously unavailable.

Gregor!Gerome seems really good.. But I'm thinking of handing Gregor to Panne. So Freddy!Gerome it is.

you might want to know that Frederick!Gerome is shitty and you probably shouldn't do that

Henry, Stahl, and Virion are the best for him.

For you, the best options would be Gregor x Miriel, Stahl x Cherche, and Virion x Panne (or Stahl x Panne and Virion x Cherche)

Edited by Graham Snow

Henry, Stahl, and Virion are the best for him.

For you, the best options would be Gregor x Miriel, Stahl x Cherche, and Virion x Panne (or Stahl x Panne and Virion x Cherche)

I will vehemently disagree. It gives him balanced mods but nothing to make him stand out and doesn't really give him anything he didn't already have/need class wise. Besides Bowfaire, I guess, but I feel like it's wasted on him. Overall Virion is probably the worst father for just about anyone. Though I do agree with the pairings you listed. Gregor x Miriel is really good, Stahl x Cherche is also really good, and Panne... well, doesn't matter I guess....

Edited by Ebony

Virion is actually a really good dad. Off the top of my head, he's top 5 for Severa, Gerome, and Yarne. And that's mostly because skills/classes >>>>> mods the majority of the time. Having access to the best two faires in the game is pretty goddamn sweet.