H5 Blind playthrough log - COMPLETED!

Irysa

Honestly...Roy's kind of screwed against Medeus, because, believe it or not, he will actually be doubled even WITH capped Speed, since he only has 25!

So yeah, Eclipse is correct.

EDIT: Also, as for one-rounding enemies, no, it's just about impossible for Marth to do that to anybody in the endgame except Heroes and Bishops, since everything else either has too much AS (dragons) or is too bulky (Draco's and Generals).

Roy? Yeah medeus has 30 speed on h5 Edited by Randa

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's alive! Sorry, the bases/growths thread in general meant I got a huge itch to play FE6 again, but I didn't forget about 11! Unfortunately despite what I said about grinding reinforcements with Sedgar, he turned out invaluable yet again (lol crutch) in defending against surprise buttfuck reinforcements.

[spoiler=Chapter 12]ve5Koji.png

It turns out for once (or rather, the second time if you count Gale in 6) that a portraited non generic enemy who isn't a boss is actually NOT recruitable in a game D: He has another master seal which will probably go to Lena since she's incredibly close to hitting level 20. Being a Paladin means he'll get smashed up though, but the spot he's in is kinda odd (it's locked). He's carrying a key though so I'm expecting him to burst out of there at some point anyway.

7xxx0mC.png

The boss looks kinda intimidating but since he's slowed down by his Tome, his speed isn't THAT high. My Shiida is retarded strong and can one round him but there shouldn't be any problems with barriering someone like Wendell to chip im first if I didn't have a god of death flying around. He has two healers next to him who are probably going to be more annoying than anything else

L02r6b5.png

Wait, did I say more annoying than anything else? LOOK AT THIS ASSHOLE. The spot he's on combined with stats means that unless you one round him after opening the door, that unit is dead (unless it's Sedgar with a Door Key) There is also a General standing right next to the door uuuuggh. The sniper's hp is abnormally high so one rounding him will be hard unless I rig a crit.

7NqaLV6.png

These guys hit pretty much as hard as the boss, and will oneshot nearly everybody without a large amount of HP and Res. Guess who can ORKO both of them and survive with a barrier boost? :V

DxuE1dO.png

This guy has another Warp staff, holy shit. It's like they're ASKING me to use warp. (the other guy has another armorslayer, and I havent even used my first yet)

ECISxsP.pngysCfljv.png

Number 1 important thing that is total bogus and annoying in how you start this map, you can't see the prisoners until the map starts.

ysCfljv.png

There are only 2 safe spots in the prison because of this mage, and he will obliterate basically everyone inside that cell, and there's no way to make it over there. I'm going to have to warp over there to save them. However once again that Mage hits REALLY hard, so being able to oneshot him would be ideal (you can't afford to Barrier before Warping, unless you have two Staff users). Barst OHKO's with Devil Axe, but if you want something more reliable, Minerva with her Axe also can do it. Observations like these make me really appreciate the design that goes into these games.

z1DZjSJ.png

Almost forgot about this guy. Christ, he has better stats than the boss of the last chapter. He will actually double Ogma lol. However Excalibur and Wyrmslayer will still kill him without any problems.

Xg5dIzL.png

Starting lineup.

u9OiOel.png

Sedgar laughs at your puny damage.

R2HaH4X.png

omg I got 2x def. I think that's 10%.

4rhl3GR.png

Feeding Julian kills is worth it...really.

mIMAt9U.png

He gets better level ups than people like Cain <_<

dhQzbyz.png

I should have probably done this before trying to kill thieves. Anyway, please don't die...

fVszjtm.png

Phew. With that mage dead, There are exactly 5 safe spots in the prison, which means everyone can survive. As for everyone else, Shiida went to pull the Knights, everyone else stayed out of range.

jecHFtS.png

Ah shit, these guys move. Still, if I barrier Shiida she'll be able to engage with her Javelin and be fine so I'm not too worried. Just have to top her up first then barrier her next turn.

ZEsxD1E.png

Since my Hammer user is on the other side of the map, I chip this guy down the old fashioned way (Magic), before Abel kills him. The other knight was killed by Marth's rapier.

y2UmHXf.png

God dammit Lena.

SZ4JGhD.png

Barst oneshots his way out of here (I actually made that Hammer +3 and it's still oneshotting)

zv2Tjuh.png

Ah crap, reinforcements....at least the amounts here look managable.

5qgt7pR.png

As expected, this guy started running up too. I should be able to kill the mages in time before he shows up so I'm not worried, but with the reinforcements coming in from the back and Shiida needed on the front, Sedgar will have to hold the back line.

PMFGned.png

With a barrier boost, she only takes 16 damage from the first mage. The other mage has less mt than the other, so whilst it might look like she'll die after attacking this guy, she's safe and will KO them both come EP.

H5hOb2I.png

Sedgar is going to be sitting on a Pillar with a javelin to tank those reinforcements.

3XgXO1e.png

Popped a battle save. I didn't REALLY need to do this since it's so early but what the hell, it's here.

nrvG5VM.png

She actually dodged the second mage anyway but she'd have been fine, trust me.

cuEvOj3.png

Since I at least did bring the Ridersbane on Abel, between Sedgar's EP, Castor, and two Ridersbane attacks I should be fine.

t9js7ma.png

...unless more show up...

Lu7NKxY.pngdf1W1PF.png

SEDGAR SMASH. Mopped them up fine, and since it takes them 2 turns to get up here I can retreat and let Sedgar tank again. Lena will have to Physic him to heal though since I need her to heal up Shiida so that....

d9YGlfh.png

She can defend against Heimer's platoon from the bottom.

Cb9Yi8G.png

Another master seal! Promo items everywhere. I might regret this but since there was a battle save done anyway I may as well start looting and risk the wrath of the general so I can know for later.

sXO8frc.png

Still gets Shiida smashed, Marth and Merric got the other Cav...also, the general didn't aggro.

q9DIB1U.png

Ogma banks his armorslayer from Marth and takes out the Wyrmslayer. Both he and Merric can barely make it to hit the dragon starting form outside his range.

5P3fjeT.png

Barst coming down here was completely pointless. Maybe he can help out with the reinforcements (who are still flowing out every 2 turns...)

29kJpCK.png

Not much changed but Sedgar is topped up thans to Physic.

M0Goeo5.png

These guys are annoying because I have to actually pick end turn instead of running out of units to move :(

lxpesi6.png

haw haw.

HzItHCp.png

I don't need to waste any more Physics since Lena can make it to heal him manually until these fucking reinforcements stop.

Xyl1SE6.png

Abel's level up this chapter was not much better than Cain's...

AfBtoLY.png

I'm also kind of miffed about using up my Ridersbane. The others might make it over in time to save some uses with extra chip though.

Bwa2s3V.png

Ohhh neat, maybe I can dump that on Lena to help her use Aura...

SLJs8PO.pngztnwtxD.png

Calculations all work out and I can pretty much exactly KO this Dragon without any problems. This is one of the best things about FE imo, the transparency of the damage formula really helps you with planning sutff like this out.

FCgxQgd.png

Ogma isn't a chump like Cain and Abel so he knows how to actually level up properly.

lRX69XH.png

Julian can't open that last chest because the sniper will gib him otherwise so he's off to maybe steal get more exp.

c5PeOER.png

They just keep coming...

NCYxIjs.png

At the least I can easily save some Ridersbane uses now, which is kinda in high demand since people that aren't Marth and Shiida can easily kill cavs with it.

J5sdiAE.png

Sigh...

I4vHsoq.png

At least Cain manages to do better this time.

mKmBhGz.png

Another mag proc makes up for your empty growth last time!

USrmOFH.png

Shiida even made it back in time to kill a horseman and get 2nd level up in DK. I'm sort of hoping she DOESN'T keep getting str because really, she's strong enough as it is.

AnApXmm.png

The worst thing about this sniper is that even though it looks like a pillar, that shit south of him is a wall, and the boss blocks the chokepoint to him. You HAVE to kill him through the door. :\

JsWz9U8.pngXnHZlN6.png

SEDGAR STILL SMASHING. RAWR.

4XgUDXo.png

Julian deserves this exp for opening chests. <_<

I like raising thieves okay. It just tends to make things less frustrating in later chapters, especially since this game has no rescue ferrying. Also the reinforcements appear to have finally stopped.

Ss7xB0w.png

I could start baiting out the archers here but Sedgar is slow enough as it is and needs to get his ass to the door deal with the sniper STAT.

9W3PUk0.png

I can do the same thing with Castor anyway (since these archers won't double). Castor baits and chips on EP, Ogma KO's, the second archer goes after Ogma the next turn, Ogma chips and Castor KO's. Simple.

96F4Vec.png

You have got to be fucking kidding me, the priests heal the sniper too...you're supposed to stay on the boss you jerks. At the least, with another round or two of chip, I can just let Julian open the door and let Shiida KO the bastard so this won't take THAT long.

1RUkLIr.pngu4bkULC.pngVvpCLRG.png

Die you fucker. This is the second silver bow I've gotten that has been wasted trying to kill to Sedgar. I dont bother hitting the other priest since he'll just get healed and nobody can 2 range chip for the kill right now anyway.

gqczfwH.png

Abel was running round the entire map to check out that bottom armory in the meantime. They sell Killers so I bought an extra one. And a steel sword. No need for more silvers, or another armorslayer.

vaHS4Qe.png

Castor really looks a lot better in his SNES portrait, I'm getting sick of seeing his face. Cord was so useful last chapter even with only Irons, if I ever replay this game I'll just bench Castor and let Cord or Draug be hunters instead.

vnxzoBO.png

You motherfuckers. The priests ran back to the boss. Now i need to kill the Priests on the same turn the boss dies...luckily Shiida one rounds him anyway, but the priests are actually kinda fast so...

tbOHUud.pngNYUlgoI.pngzc7TUdf.png

GUESS WHO CAN DOUBLE THE PRIEST? RAISING JULIAN WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT

Sedgar chipped the priest and Julian cleaned up, after saving of course. Shiida wrecks the boss.

mGlSfuw.png

God dammit Barst, I'm not standing for this. I just battle saved and that boss is a chump so a few resets later..

0PQOmJo.png

Much better.

SWJlsYL.png

Meanwhile Julian cleans house on the other priest and gets a perfect level up (2% res does not count)

1sxG03n.png

Marth could seize but I need to get Julian down to that last chest so I have to wait...

pUa8AIk.png

Definitely worth running him over! But who should the boots go to? Marth is already a 7 mov unit!

yxu7ymI.png

With some more healing to go around, Lena finally caps out and hits level 20. She'll get promoted to bishop or sage next map.

XAgZ7b0.png

Marth seizes.

Chapter 12 turncount - 23

Total turns - 191

Edited by Irysa

Nice job keeping all the prisoners alive. I usually just let them die. I would advise making Lena a sage for better tome rank. I usually give the boots to Marth but with you can never go wrong giving them to caeda or ogma.

Other notes:

- If you have everyone book it through the treasure room, there's a certain tile you can stand on to bait both mages early.

- If you're willing to sacrifice a flying unit (preferably a generic), you can lure the Sniper to the corner of that hallway. Then, Julian can open the door in peace, and someone can chip the Sniper until they're bored.

- The Horsemen can shoot you in the treasure room (a couple of tiles).

I play FE11 drafts too much. ;/

I am sorely tempted to warpskip chapter 13 somehow with a combination of Boah, Lena and Wendell warping Shiida (to ORKO the Ridersbane Thief), Merric to crit the boss and Marth to seize. Everything else just feels like a huge dice roll.

I am sorely tempted to warpskip chapter 13 somehow with a combination of Boah, Lena and Wendell warping Shiida (to ORKO the Ridersbane Thief), Merric to crit the boss and Marth to seize. Everything else just feels like a huge dice roll.

Enemies target lowest def, so luring the ballista to attack some random chump that isn't OHKO'd can let your better units plow through to kill them. Needless to say, reclass peepz to Paladin if they were DK so that Arrowspate is less annoying.

A bunch of failures and resets later, I managed to come up with a pretty good strat and still get everything. You'll be surprised at who carries it.

[spoiler=Chapter 13]

hf8LW0k.png

See the top half, all that red outline? That's the range of all the ballistas. They 2HKO everyone except Sedgar, and there are arrowspates littered in there meaning flying = NONO

And the solid red? The boss's range.

qCOF9eA.png

Look at those fucking stats. He OHKO's nearly everybody in my army, and is super bulky AND too fast for my mages to double to exploit his low resistance. Since his range is huge he makes it problematic to start approaching and kill some of the ballistas too.

c0euV8t.png

Mediocre stats, but he comes with a free Wyrmslayer so I can't afford to pass him up. At the village, Marth can recruit a Ballistician but...

AKHU2DV.png

There are two thieves on this map so you can't fuck around with that too long. One has another ridersbane (yesss).

eflcxI8.png

Wait, did I say that the boss was too fast for my mages to double?

g26nn3L.pngGZfKTmv.png

Think again. I promptly reclass her into Sage since she already has capped Staves and would like the extra WEXP and Mag. With this, she actually has just about enough mag to double and KO the boss with Elfire! But how will she make it to the boss?

WWThAqe.png

This guy! Wendell doesn't have C staves to Warp Lena even if he reclassed to Bishop, but I handily got a Bishop with C last map! Keeping the prisoners alive paid off.

eqa3cUY.png

Speaking of prisoners, I need Midia to recruit Astram. Her bases are almost identical to Jeigan's except more luck but with worse weapon ranks. My Jagen grew a bit so he outclasses her. Her growths are significantly better but she'll struggle to level up with such poor bases in H5, so she's probably getting the bench after her recruitment job is done.

The other guys are barely worth mentioning. The knights might make salvagable Hunters in other difficulties but there's no time to raise them here, and Tomas at level 8 is basically not much better than Gordin's bases...just use Jeorge instead, at least he's got weapon rank.

60U5XGM.pnggeLcyfe.png

Shiida has to get out of the sky for once to deal with all those arrowspates, but she's not really significantly hurt by being on a horse luckily. Sedgar returns to his original class, as I have need of large movement and his bow rank to help in this map. Merric was also made a curate since he's not going to be really doing anything on this map.

zKVnka0.pngbHcwr4g.png

Warp to thise tile and...

neejH5U.png

Just within parameters! Technically I can use Bolganone if I had to but Elfire suffices since she's quite a bit above average on mag.

jezVXgW.png

Your Wooden Cavalry...

1LaNkGq.png

Is toast.

(YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!)

dDFaMZ7.png

Anyway you might think this is super unsafe but in fact, out of all the ballistas in range to actually hit her, she tinks the thunderbolt, and only that single arrowspate to the northwest has a good chance of hitting her. It can't OHKO her either.

vqGBQil.png7qtCW8p.png

What about the rest of the Ballistas? Well I have a...relatively effective approach now. These two can actually move and are thus the most immediately dangerous but I can exploit their AI a little to even up my odds.

iBWiijV.pngOfUPLHF.png

If Merric moves here, he's only in range of the moving north arrowspate ballista, who will prioritise him because of his low def. This means at the top, nobody will die on turn 1.

RTPKfFP.png

In the middle, I don't have particularly useful positioning though. MIdia has to run very far forward with Shiida so she can recruit Astram on turn 2. Cord will get prioritised and will also die in 2 but I outline his hitchances later

RPQRZIs.png

And at the bottom, Jeorge and Sedgar run up as far as they can whilst being out of range of the middle ballistas. They're still potentially exposed to 1 semi accurate and 1 relatively accurate shots so Jeorge is in quite a bit of danger here but there's no easy way around it sadly.

29qWnyI.pngaX1owCm.png

On turn 1 EP, Lena faces 1 60% disp hit arrowspate and tinks a thunderbolt, Jeorge has to dodge at least one out of a 38 and 69 set, and Cord has a 34 and a 74. If they get hit twice they're dead. These odds aren't awful due to 2 RN system but I had to reset a bit but at least Lena killing the boss doesnt rely on a crit so its not hard to do.

9QEOFGo.pnguS2m2y7.png

Eventually I get the setup I want. Lena in this position can still tinks the thunderbolt, but can be targeted by stonehoists as well. Thanks to her high luk and decent speed though, her avd is fairly high so she is facing 30 to sub 30 disp hit against stonehoists, making the odds pretty high in her favor (30 is like...actually 18% or something, at least in GBA. IDK if DSFE uses a different system, but sometimes it feels like it). She one rounds the arrowspate cleanly with Fire, and can keep killing more enemies in the back constantly whilst only ever really being targeted by low hit stone hoists, so overall she's saving me a lot of hassle even after killing the boss.

kWgizoE.png

I could get Boah to Physic Cord and Jeorge (who both got hit once) but since I'm a cheapskate I'm just going to have him save once everyone else's turns are over and rig dodges.

KmTY19a.png

Sedgar and Jeorge can get rid of this hoistflame asshole on turn 2. Jeorge is still in a risky position though because there is an arrowspater who is relatively accurate and can hit him here. The the other one is a stonehoist with shitty hit. Jeorge also hit A bows so he can use the divine bow I got at the end of the last chapter.

ZyQRhbZ.pngsphc9nc.png

I move her full range to recruit Astram. He'll be able to contribute more damage than she will anyway...

7BWhBxW.png

I mean seriously, pitiful.

A1jz1ao.pngA7aSBZQ.pngeOKzfkY.png

If it wasn't for his silver sword astram wouldn't be much better but at least he doubles. Cord finishes this hoistflame off, Castor and Shiida get the moving stonehoist. With the Hoistflame gone, there is a single relatively accurate arrowspate left in the middle who can kill Cord, but the other is a lolhit stonehoist.

IO7qaos.png

Marth can't visit on turn 2 due to a stupid ledge but you don't actually want to because the otherwise non aggressive thieves will start attacking you. (I found out the hard way before)

nIWKZnf.png0KSMx6S.png

Ogma's team gets rid of both arrowspaters up here. They're in the clear. I save with Boah and start rolling the dice on having Jeorge and Cord survive this EP.

LEQzZDo.png

o8Q2oAm.png

Ya3rJz3.png

01L3THh.png

:\

Zj1ls7D.png

:(

VJwsFEt.png

Gorillian resets later (more like 10) I eventually get through the onslaught with both alive.

vpaUnDW.png

There's now just one inaccurate stonehoist at the bottom.

n1T5aJO.pngtuLYJyE.png

Lena kills another ballista by herself, Astram and Shiida chip nearby arrowspate/stonehoist, Shiida's growth is standard.

JbD5Hlf.png63Nr9vi.pngKi2o8Ks.png

Cord and Castor finish them off. Not bad Cord.

y72Tj8G.png

If I'd visited on this turn (which I had done before) things get ugly because of the thieves, but they cant reach the village right now anyway so it's NBD.

XeiXhFA.png

People up top just kept running forward, I use the second save. Cord has to dodge the thunderbolt ballista at 63 disp and the rest are just inaccurate stonehoists.

GKR4a5g.pngHFL57Di.png

I had to reset another 10 times for him to dodge this...63 isn't THAT high jeez.

elvfyww.pngwpRDDcJ.png

Eventually I get through. Lena will kill the thunderbolter so now I just gotta worry about the thieves.

4pMNPBL.png

Well there is this guy but I'm conserving Jeorge's silver since we can't kill him this turn without it anyway, so whatever.

bE5sdUn.png

I am getting kind of cocky at this point but I have the security of the save so I don't mind taking risks like this, as Cord is a little behind the rest of my team in exp.

nhTKkfi.png

NP

L5JkiFJ.png

Shiida ORKO's the thief (2gud) but I want to give it to Castor since she gets meh exp from it due to being promoted. Marth chips it for Castor and...

61dWNT5.png

Castor...

piEJyKr.png

aaaaand then Midia gets hit by a 40 disp hit stonehoist and dies.

NGP55hQ.png

Another 10 or so resets to get back to where I was. Let's hope Castor does better than last time.

xcJqMed.png

fgsfds

not taking that, RESET.

6Nrhktx.png

RESET

nEZ4g5k.png

Eleventy zillion resets later I pull through and he gets an acceptable 3 statter. Fucking christ.

nfWg8xI.png

If Midia dies this time I'm going to kill myself.

ty1C8a2.png

THANK GOD.

jiZFMCN.png

And with that all the Ballista are done, fuck, no more dicerolling.

Vq8zxj3.png

There was actually nothing interesting here I wanted so I didn't get anything. I visisted the house instead but didn't cap it.

Zf8ZxfK.pngV9vDHbK.png

Marth visits for Beck, another Ballistician.

xsOEsBm.png

They're already dead you twat.

Iv4ITrF.png

Since I need her weapon rank to start improving so she can use Aura, I'm having her chip this Cleric. In the meantime Merric staves people for free exp and rank, and people begin moving over.

87Y7KID.png

GODDESS.

S31zPxQ.png

CHUMP

Z2USKse.pngpRLwZCP.pngJzZIN6l.png

I had Marth talk to Astram before seizing on turn 9.

Wait I have to paste this though!

xSjyZ93.pnga7u0qUQ.png0Tw3xwh.pngUJmZThP.png2C3wrNE.pngv4XCYr9.pngrWPYmW9.pngAgSpSmB.pngEHhxAiz.pngSQHOuGt.pngqtfmWrR.png

And people say this game has shitty writing. I was actually kind of surprised by this though since it pretty much accurately reflects on the house I visited with Jeorge (that I didn't cap), but I don't "THINK" this scene is tied to visiting the house. Still a cool tie in though, and I went back to cap the other visit (after saving at the next chapter of course!) so you can see that it seems to fit.

K9cDhck.pngpTK4cJo.pngESUgaVl.pngKhLmQME.png

Turns - 9

Total turns - 200

Edited by Irysa

Nah Irysa, it's FE1 the NES version that had bad writing! The FE11 localization, on the other hand, is a thing of beauty to be admired! Heck, the next chapter is going to have what are arguably some of the game's most memorable lines!

Edited by FionordeQuester

"ut I don't "THINK" this scene is tied to visiting the house. Still a cool tie in though"

It does not

Fun Facts: That dialogue IIRC, is included in Shadow Dragon

Also already chapter 13? WTF am I doing with my run

Edited by JSND

I'm maintaining that FE6 run too! That's substantially easier though now I'm past chapter 7 though.

your lena and caeda are getting alot more lucky than mine are

Shiida is turning out amazing but to be honest, Lena has gotten like 3 blank levels and a bunch of crappy ones too. She's not THAT far ahead on her averages aside from mag, and it's only happened beacuse I rigged her a few mag growths when possible with battle saves in earlier chapters, if you minus that she'd probably be average (don't forget that being a Sage instead of Bishop promo gives her extra mag). Having an extra 10 levels on everybody in my team beacuse she was my only healer for over half the game now helps lol.

Edited by Irysa

Stupid things about this chapter: Brought Minerva who I assumed recruited Catria and Palla. She doesn't. They died to archers after recruiting themselves :facepalm:

And I also got overwhelmed by the PK's that start coming in on turn 7 after that since I didn't bring Jeorge. After that we have this...

[spoiler=Chapter 14]

BUzy1qZ.png

what the fuck. just what the fuck.

DEdwi7l.png

Not this shit again. Eventually I figured it's too much fucking effort to do this again so I'm letting the enemy thieves unlock the door so he comes out to ME instead.

ck104Ir.png

Nothing special, but...

VmawkjK.png

Its like 20 fucking miles from the village to the throne, and you have to go across that deathtrap of forged bow/longbow archers to get to the village. This whole thing is annoying...

fglJ8lt.png

Great...

V3kdiBf.png

I am getting really close to throwing boots on Marth but being the indecisive twat I am I'm holding onto it.

FW0YeZA.png

Poor Sedgar will never actually get to be a hero, he's just too useful as a tanky General. Shiida went back to being a Draco. Merric is still a curate.

Uwa0zaI.png

I have the worst names.

4ypvBN5.png

Attempt number 3 (kind of), lets go!

TJK9MkU.png

The start of this map is a bit annoying. Theres a bridge you have to let down, and then a Ballista right in front of that blocking the way, but if you kill him you get exposed to both the knights (and you can't get to the knights on turn 1). So I do a few things to make this a bit cleaner.

KHQQAI2.png

Lena kills the Ballista instead of opening the gate. She'll pick up his stonehoist, then Julian moves behind, trades off the stonehoist for an elfire. Why am I doing that though?

v9PUfLl.png

Because Shiida can't oneshot Knights with her Win Spear anymore. :(

PyRSVqT.png

So I use my two ballisticians to use this newly accquired stonehoist to chip the knights to the southeast, so Shiida can oneshot both of them! The hitrates are poor but since its the start of the map its not hard to rig.

NTU0W3t.png

Eventually I get the two hits I need and I kill this Knight. The other one will suicide himself afterwards.

OYsl4Sb.png

The Javelin Knight to the south will come up and try to kill Castor because of his low def. The AI is kinda weird in this game, Ogma has a sword and cant retaliate for ANY damage and the AI still prioritises Castor...

gF6b5F1.png

Julian lets the bridge down and Marth kills the Knight with his rapier.

GlOKYQz.png2Gofkvx.png70sRYJU.png

I then get Beck and Jake to chip the Knight down here. This is not strictly neccessary but it's just convenient since now Sedgar can kill the Knight himself, which means nobody else has to get in range of those Cavs. It's ultimately unecessary since proper positioning means only one cav can hit your backup unit so they won't die, but hey, whatever.

NsDCXvU.png

Unfortunately the damage Shiida took from that knight on EP means she'll die to two of these cavs on ep, so I need to heal her up before baiting. At least she oneshots both of them though.

VcAmcT8.pngpG76i0e.png

EP time, Sedgar tanks, gets another :Sedgar: level. Marth and Barst clean up the Cavs.

TWNPiP7.pnglm35WVt.png

Technically Barst cleans up after this, but the positioning here means that once again only Sedgar is in range of the next archer.

VEWH6Wk.png

Healed up, Shiida goes to bait the cavs.

sgFegNu.pngC7nwUyK.png

And I miss a bunch on the fortify curate because I'm a cheapskate and keep using stonehoist instead of my other ballistae weapons...

mgFNwL0.pngXIi4hUr.pngK80c70i.png

Sedgar crits back. MVP of all years.

Qi1YHJ9.png8ug8rxb.png

You have to be a bit careful here because obviously if you let the thief open the door then the sniper can come out and hit you from A LONG WAY AWAY. Ogma is fast enough to not get doubled so I use him to bait the sniper out for EP.

T4LqyYy.png

Palla and Catria around here on this EP, and beeline Marth to recruit themselves.

p1UoYzU.png

Sedgar once again is in the place to go bait again.

pfedmWE.pngkF6gLaD.pngevD0WkF.png

I have no clue what stats ballisticians need but I don't think luck is one of them...

zPxyrl1.png

Gave Shiida the sniper kill because promotion etc.

DqxvLYK.pngCyd6upE.png

Once again you have to be a bit careful here since moving next to the archer means both longbows can hit you...I let Sedgar kill again and Marth moves up so he's in range of one of the longbows, which means I can get Barst and Sedgar in range to kill him on the next turn, and Cain Abel and a Ballistician to kill the other one. That should let Catria and Palla be safe.

DwBIURU.png

Blew the first save since we're doing well.

fbQaKeu.pngLVzfhY8.png

Catria and Palla have pretty unimpressive stats for H5...

EOzNK3t.png

Whilst this all has been going on, Julian ran to unlock a door for Lena, who is running as fast as she can to the boss. The boss needs to die fairly quickly because from turns 7 to 14 a lot of really speedy dangerous PKs start spawning.

SzqCTtf.png

And with that all the Archers are done.

ZcNR1n4.png

This thief only opens one chest so I'll wait to kill him after he's done that. Julian has to get his ass over here to get the other chest.

vMwdO27.png

I have to blow Elfire to kill that Knight in one round. I could just use fire then let Minerva kill it and retrospect I probably should have...

3S3kdlf.png

Yeah I killed you last time.

nbr7oPc.pngxDn1IWM.png

Why don't you get recruited by talking to her anyway? It makes so much more sense >:(

SGKPSwN.png

She'll be safe on the bench once I get her. Merric is just healing people whilst I'm running people who matter to the boss and getting ready to kill a round of reinforcements.

xpoMoLw.pngUmtAwSZ.png

Whee C tomes. One Arm scroll and she's got Aura!

DqGXAVv.png

Can cleanly kill this guy with thunder, then the boss is up.

RLFhviw.png

This is clearly not a waste of experience.

DDrXzQD.pnglN063ui.pngo890QiT.pngAaZAWeD.pngk1abBTn.png9vePRIX.png

How MYSTERIOUS

zFfCjID.png

Guess who's at C tomes :V

Q3cpUwQ.png

Shiida kills the Thief and gets her worst level up ever.

wsuQNGh.png

Abel kills the other thief. Speedy gonzales yo.

bo0KUPo.png

Here are those fucking PKs...this time I'm ready for you fuckers.

LKcyyv8.pngmLqx4VM.png

Lena can't quite KO the boss herself but that's why Minerva is here!

4tgkMEj.png

Of course I'm saving first though.

doOLod5.pngChv6UbO.png

Empty level up. Again.

t2lR6PO.png

Reset <_<

crs7MoZ.png

Sigh...

b3QD9nB.png

Eventually I get something I'm happy with. The reinforcements thankfully stop once the boss is dead.

YUbV1nK.png

Failed to cap but after killing these PKs Barst leveled and got...hp and luck. After the amount of resets for Lena's decent growth I just shrug and take it.

uFRml3t.png

Buyable Ridersbane, fuck yes.

SDg5CFA.png2J3eDCq.png8PNe6PT.pngk2AkeMp.pngf4kIZWP.pngR6t16WL.pngBN6zv5j.pngFaRIAwV.png

z00X76M.pngbhKIVFE.pnghi8nVrr.pngeWPbpIW.pngWo5UKoj.pngunetFSG.pngZi3G2e6.pngvjA7zBS.png

Well even if she doesn't recruit them, at least it was worth fielding her for the conversations!

vtFrNJr.pngtizLi9q.png

Merric not so chump this map. C Staves too whoo.

TyislHT.pngWgYoktx.png

After what feels like an eternity of trecking over, Julian gets the last chest, and Marth seizes.

Chapter 14 turncount - 16

Total turns - 216

That praise of the localization being said, one thing I will dock it for is that, occasionally, every so often, the language and dialogue are just a little TOO flowery. That "Trading blows instead of kisses" things seems a little...unnatural, you know what I mean?

Edited by FionordeQuester

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, it's time to man up and actually do this desert map! (I hate deserts)

However...I got a few things to ask first. Are Catria and Palla worth using long term? I mean "duh, they're fliers" but their stats aren't really impressive for this point, and I can make promoted cavaliers into DKs. In terms of immediate value, this is a desert map so I figured fliers would be useful, but looking at stats, even with res Catria is still OHKO'd without barrier/pure water by a lot of the mages on this map, and fails to one round almost all of them. Conversely, Palla can one round most of the mages with a steel and survives one attack, even without a boost, so she'd probably actually be helpful. She also has B Lances which makes capable of doing flying silver lance things.

Alright, it's time to man up and actually do this desert map! (I hate deserts)

However...I got a few things to ask first. Are Catria and Palla worth using long term? I mean "duh, they're fliers" but their stats aren't really impressive for this point, and I can make promoted cavaliers into DKs. In terms of immediate value, this is a desert map so I figured fliers would be useful, but looking at stats, even with res Catria is still OHKO'd without barrier/pure water by a lot of the mages on this map, and fails to one round almost all of them. Conversely, Palla can one round most of the mages with a steel and survives one attack, even without a boost, so she'd probably actually be helpful. She also has B Lances which makes capable of doing flying silver lance things.

Palla is decent and very salvageable yes. Catria is almost unsalvageablel in H5. I think Palla with a Silver Lance forge can actually avoid taking a counter altogether, but its been awhile.

She's a lot easier to feed kills to than Catria and her spd base is sufficient. Everything else is ok and there are speedwings around. She's a good candidate for them. I've managed to use her in my semi-efficient H5 runs. Not saying she's amazing or anything, but she's quite trainable.

Okay PKL was right, this map wasn't so bad at all.

Aside from the chests at the bottom. Which took like 10 extra turns to get from what I could have finished the map in because mages keep spawning out of nowhere. >:(

[spoiler=Chapter 15]

xyNTUud.png

I HATE DESERTS, that's why this took so long. I still had to figure out an opening strategy though but it wasn't too bad.

pZFxSeo.png

>nullifies all attacks

Well. Okay. He also moves. :(

Despite his insane speed his mag isn't too high, and luckily, I have a gigantic res tank in Lena, so I can block him off from doing any real damage.

WAnvguE.pngxBzzhoz.png

Generic mages actually have more mag than Gharnef on this map. Also more than the promoted bishop in fact...? What is with the stat distributions on this map...most units get OHKO'd by these hard hitting mages, but luckily there are a fair amount of units with enough HP to survive, and they're weighed down a lot by their tomes so doubling them is easy.

GnOK3x0.png6F8Fggu.png

The boss has a siege tome. That's pretty uncool but luckily any Draco (cough, Shiida) can just fly into his range and one round him on my team. The DK next to him may be problematic though...speaking of DKs, there are also a couple to the northeast who beeline down towards me at the start, but I have plans on how to deal with them.

zPadCI7.png

Lena when reclassed to Bishop with a Pure Water or Barrier boost actually tinks Gharnef :V

uzE26Bb.pngjVyEDx6.png

Marth gets to use the boots because what the hell, like dondon said, there's no rescuing in this game anyway. Merric hitting C staves on the last map means he can Physic on this map, which should be helpful seeing as healing my royal airforce who are flying over the river is probably only going to be doable with it.

j3tQT10.png

spooky music. attempt number 3 lets go!

hhlReQM.pngJ4gYywj.png

Cain barely survives this and gets a stellar level up!

zWv9N4d.pngoQpfe0m.png

Ogma is unfortunately rather uncooperative...because its the start of the map I reset.

YVOH0Kz.pngMD8jWlW.png

Ogma decided to get another 1 statter another two times before we finally get us past the opening moves with something good.

DdhRUYN.png

Julian is going skinny dipping! Amusingly, the entire sea to the right of the start of the map is actually considered a river, so he's capable of swimming through it :V

lgsn3EG.pnggsZHDhW.png

Marth can also handily walk over the river to start trekking to the throne. Jeorge can as well but its unlikely the poor guy will actually get to do anything on this map.

GH1toji.pngOFyxTYk.pngL4pDsQ4.png

With a Barrier boost, Shiida is 3HKO'd by the mages on this map instead of 2HKO'd. Moving her up this far is actually slightly unsafe because she's in range of 3...but I move Minerva in range of the Bishop, but out of range of the Mages. The Bishop prioritises Minerva because she can't ORKO him, whilst Shiida can. Why wouldn't I want to ORKO the Bishop though? Well...you'll see in a second.

Other people just move up and I end my turn

DzJRXfG.png

These guys have rather cruddy accuracy so misses are unsurprising, but welcome.

EZlHuGW.png

Shiida dodged one and got hit by another mage, KOing both. This stupid healer heals up the bishop but...

YYnxFI1.png

This is why! I'm feeding Catria kills. "Catria is unsalvagable" = CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. Besides, Blue Hair > Green Hair.

QdLjYKs.pngN29SXOj.png

Sedgar unfortunately can't get the positioning to bow chip both of these DKs but one is enough so whatever.

0sFmva2.png1quULHw.png

Julian's swim in the sea will have to wait a while. I use a save with Shiida since I need to wait here to get in range of the boss for next turn anyway.

FXebBcD.png

Thank god for Sedgar.

Phkum04.png

Lena reaches this spot to block Gharnef on turn 3. I had to avoid going too far along on turn 2 or she'd get the DKs on her. I could technically block him off at the south bridge but then the enemy thief can run to the chests which I didn't want to happen. Had to make sure to deequip her so she doesn't waste charges on Fire.

5iysQZE.pngIcTqe90.png

With pure water used she has 26 res which will tink Gharnef and the other mage for 2 turns.

fkbQAtx.pngFJD4YC6.png

Back to the DKs, Sedgar's chip on EP gives Castor and easy kill. I get Beck and Jake to kill the other one.

t9cjN2T.png

Base 1 skill stat is pretty lol, glad it's going up.

BNexhDg.pngZeVjX4Y.png

Merric heals Ogma, levels up, and then Ogma kills the thief, who was weakened by Sedgar.

a7FW5Bq.png

I save with Barst because I'm about to kill the boss, and to rig Catria a level up.

3rAts6E.png

...maybe more for Catria than the boss.

RgDG5Po.pngfz2FmEU.png

No rigging required! She is however in range of the DK but I have a plan to deprioritise her

gjTToCi.png

Marth is just in range. Being in WTD and being the Lord should theoretically make the DK decide to attack him instead of Catria. People move up and stuff and end turns.

dxfnAva.pngoP2Fkqf.pngcXwr630.png

lol

tS1N6JZ.png

Oh shit oh fuck oh god. The 3rd DK from the top started flying down and he's in range of Lena. But I can't let Lena back off the bridge now or she'll let Gharnef loose D:

r8GkEYH.png

However...I think I can manipulate the AI here again by putting Castor in range. He has significantly less AVD than Lena and can't retaliate, but is bulky enough to take one hit. Hopefully this works, if not I've got the save.

yyhfe5e.png01TqAym.png

Meanwhile Catria got another kill. Wendell went to sit on a fort because fuck reinforcements.

WxgVhww.png

Yesssss

y2Lp1dR.pngYLlAbBE.png

With Jake's help Castor easily kills the third DK and levels up.

From here on out...basically all I'm doing is stalling until Gharnef decides to leave, and feeding Catria kills, along with a little shopping. There isn't really much interesting to comment on besides Julian swimming for like 10 turns until mage reinforcements from the south east stop (I plugged the forts though).

u3vyMvA.png

Wait, is that a fish?

L7eV9hM.png

That is most definitely a fish. What the fuck.

WC8Ayst.png

Marth could have seized on turn 6 but since I want those chests it's not to be. Inefficiency general. On paper I could have warped someone into the treasure room instead once Gharnef left I guess?

LGimd1v.pnglJLP4uq.png

Imposing enough my ass. You can't touch Lena. Gharnef leaves but...

IJm7Fb9.png

Then this happens for the next 10 turns. zzzz....

Qbn6XyJ.png

Catria kills more things...

I1Q8w2v.png

Castor not proccing HP proved to be annoying as he was still OHKO'd by mages until the reinforcements started being 25 Atk instead of 26, and then got to B bows. YES, now I don't have to use Jeorge for Silver anymore.

ST8IQs4.png3OpCLBk.png

Merric healed people on the mage chokepoint a lot. Enough till both heals broke.

UeNrPQV.pngfqDTP7Z.png

When everything was finally gone and stopped spawning Julian dogpaddled his way to shore to go grab the chests. In hindsight it actually achieved nothing because he could have gotten there faster without swimming anyway. If the stupid mages didnt keep appearing from the bottom he could have dodged Gharnef for the chests though :(

NMztBBV.pngASosqZI.png

These are probably worth it. Or would be if I wasn't so indecisive about stat boosters...

YZ3oyJa.png

Marth seizes on turn 17 (lol)

Chapter 15 turns - 17

Total turncount - 233

Edited by Irysa