Fire Emblem: Rising War (Prologue chapter released!)

Pixelman

Okay PixelmanFE, you got this...

Hello, Serenes Forest! I'm PixelmanFE, and you've probably have seen me in threads right here in the ROM Hacking forums.

Now here I am, making my own game!

Newest Patch here!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxhx4yhj2324vz6/Rising%20War%20V1.1.ups

That's right, the newest patch! Tell me if this link works! I'm looking for criticism. If anything, I want to make this better!

Newest patch: Version 1.1 (fixes stuff)

Story:

The continent is in chaos. King Terrigan of Gradus has been corrupted and overthrown by a human by the name of Zephiel. He then slowly started waging war against others countries like Ataria and Terras. They were all defeated by Gradus' strong army. All seems dark, but hope is not yet lost. A small rebel team has been forming in the heart of Gradus, and is plotting to overthrow the king's harsh rule. Control Zhen, the rebel's new leader, as he tries to rid the continent of Zephiel's rule, while also learning secrets about him and the continent that should have been left undiscovered...

• 10 chapter hack!
  • New characters, and old foes!
  • Crossovers from FE6 and FE8!
  • Completely new story!
  • New animations, classes, icons, and portraits!

Screenshots:

9KI6C7r.pngoIAlnnR.png

Credits:

Archibald: Event Hacking for Dummies 2nd edition

Camtech/CT075: Event Assembler Questions Thread

Questions:

• Why 10 chapters!?
  • I feel I need to calm down and not whip out a 32 chapter hack... Yet.
  • Why crossovers!?
  • I don't feel like making over 9000 new characters.
  • What's the point?
  • To get me to learn the basics of eventing, text editing, ect.
  • Will Marth and Roy be in this game?
  • Roy will, Marth won't.
  • So, where's your team?
  • I don't have one. I'm going solo, unless you want to contribute, which won't come into action until later.

So yeah, this is my hack so far. I hope you enjoy the game when it is released! The prologue is almost done. I will then head on to chapter 1 and 2, then release what I have.

I hope I didn't waste your time; Thank you for reading!

Edited by PixelmanFE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screenshots:

Under construction: someone needs to tell me how to use url links thingies for Dropbox!

You mean using the public folder? Just paste stuff into your public folder, and right click on it, and click "copy public link" then use img tags like this:

[img=URL.PNG]

You mean using the public folder? Just paste stuff into your public folder, and right click on it, and click "copy public link" then use img tags like this:

[img=URL.PNG]

Okay, thanks! I'll try and see if it works.

@MasterKeeper: You can see the picture, right?

I'm listening to all of the suggestions, but it doesn't seem to work...

Hm...

Edited by PixelmanFE

When it comes out I'm probably playing because I can only use

my laptop on the weekends.

The first version might come out later. It probably will take a while.

Edited by PixelmanFE

How is it a completely new story while also being a crossover?

Regardless, I'm glad to see that you have a plan and am looking forward to see how the game plays. I can always help test chapters and whatnot.

How is it a completely new story while also being a crossover?

Regardless, I'm glad to see that you have a plan and am looking forward to see how the game plays. I can always help test chapters and whatnot.

Well, there's characters from past FE Games (like Roy and Eirika), but I will have them on a completely new continent, with OCs here and there. (Like King Terrigan and Zhen.) I'll notify you if I need any betatesting.

Nope.

Also, ever need a beta tester, I'm here because I have nothing better to do if you want.

Dangit, that sucks. I don't need betatesting right now, but I'll notify you if I ever need one.

Edited by PixelmanFE

I don't feel like making over 9000 new characters.

While the ten chapter thing shows... remarkable and promising restraint, the 'i'm making a crossover because of sheer laziness and lack of imagination' confession is kind of a death sentence. If you don't care enough about your project to so much as create a single character, well...

While the ten chapter thing shows... remarkable and promising restraint, the 'i'm making a crossover because of sheer laziness and lack of imagination' confession is kind of a death sentence. If you don't care enough about your project to so much as create a single character, well...

Okay, I'll see what I can do. If anything, I want more OCs then characters from other FE games.

EDIT: It still doesn't work, Agro :(

Edited by PixelmanFE

[img=http://i.imgur.com/zOkvktN.png] 

Just use that.

Easier than trying to fix the dropbox link.

OIC, it was just a problem with the tags

[img][/img]

= incorrect

[img=INSERT IMAGE URL HERE]

= correct

lol

Edited by MasterKeeper™

[img=http://i.imgur.com/zOkvktN.png] 

Just use that.

Easier than trying to fix the dropbox link.

OIC, it was just a problem with the tags

[img][/img]

= incorrect

[img=INSERT IMAGE URL HERE]

= correct

lol

I hope this works... Lol

Double post. You have nothing on me. Yolo.

Hehehe. I am super close to done with the prologue. I need to end the ending events, and events in between (like Lord Arcard leaving), and then I'm ready for chapter 1.

Also, I might want to discuss the, "parts" of the story. You see, there are two parts:

Part 1 (Prologue -Chapter 5): This part's antagonist is Lord Arcard from Utaise. Zhen, Rigen, and their crew are racing against time to save Lord Riscall, a lord who is well known for solving tough conflicts and having two children, whom he never has seen in the past 25 years. Zephiel has ordered Arcard to slowly kill Riscall and show the public what would happen if they were to rebel against Gradus. After hearing about Arcard's plan when Bazba dies, Zhen races to help Riscall. Chapter 5 will probably reveal a pretty big plot point in the story. This part of the game is easy.

Part 2 (Chapter 6 - Finale): This part's antagonist is King Zephiel. After learning stuff, Zhen heads towards Gradus castle to confront Zephiel head on, while also picking up his sister Ameria in the conflict. Many antagonists will reveal things about the continent, while also trying to sacrifice their lives to save Zephiel. This part of the game will be much harder, with many pre-promotes with stronger weapons, and tougher bosses that will make you think much more.

Also, here are the crossovers:

Roy

Eirika

Zephiel

Arcard

Jahn

Eliwood

Ephraim

Raven

and unimportant bosses...

And finally, a plan that I find interesting:

I was thinking, maybe make the max level 11. This way, you don't have to spend chapters grinding to level 20, when you could be training better characters. I dunno, what do you guys think?

Edited by PixelmanFE

Now I feel stupid triple posting... Very sorry. I'm not gonna quadruple post.

So... My dropbox picture things don't work right now, so I'll just attach files.

Here's the main character Zhen. dU5NLUW.png

Looks pretty cool, huh?

Next is Rigen, a run-away soldier from Gradus' military. Pretty obvious what the splice is. 0qzEGY9.png

Also, quick update: Prologue pictures will be up soon. And, I'm aiming to give Zhen his own weapon :D

Edited by PixelmanFE

OK.

Just.

Use. Imgur.

Short rant (very short): over.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward~

Seriously thought lemme beta or else

REALLY, USE IMGUR

Relax, the Prologue is almost done.

I'll need an account for Imgur, right?

asasddfghjjkfdssdfytrdsxcvbnhjytrfd

Edited by PixelmanFE

Relax, the Prologue is almost done.

I'll need an account for Imgur, right?

asasddfghjjkfdssdfytrdsxcvbnhjytrfd

Nope

no account

but it would be better for easier track of photos

FREE ADVERTISING CLICK THE LINK IN MY SIG (IN THE PICTURE)

HAHA

Edited by MasterKeeper™

Nope

no account

but it would be better for easier track of photos

FREE ADVERTISING CLICK THE LINK IN MY SIG (IN THE PICTURE)

HAHA

I'll see what I can do.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Aw Yiss. I owe you one.

Edited by PixelmanFE

As soon as I switch to my iPad...

Sorry, itll have to wait till tormorrow...

On a side note, i won't lie and say its good if its bad or vice versa, btw, so if its bad, be ready for some criticism.

It looks oretty good though, so ^_^