【東方】 Yet Another Touhou Draft

Scarlet

And...I really need to auto-collect. I don't need to press any buttons for that? ._.

Correct, you only need to go far enough upwards on the screen.

(Or, here in SA only, graze a lot of bullets in a short period of time.)

The only game where you can activate the PoC via pressing the focus button is IN while not at full Power.

Edited by Scarlet

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BoWaP has a safespot, seriously???

PoC collection applies to all games after and including MoF. EoSD and PCB only allow auto-collection at full Power, IN allows full power auto-collection as well as notfull power auto-collection when focused. PCB/SA/UFO/TD all have other unique special cases that allow auto-collection without going above the PoC, but auto-collection isn't relevant for survival in those games (except maybe PCB, where item collection is tied to Extends, though the point value is unrelated to survival). Auto-collection is definitely a necessity in MoF and DDC though.

And yeah, ZM, you seem to be good at unfocused dodging imo. I'm interested in seeing how far you can make it in MoF, because you can feasibly 1cc it if you abuse your bombs properly.

Edited by Railgun

Oh yeah, while I'm at it: have a generic reminder that there are about two days left 'till the deadline.

Kalas, ZM, are you making good progress?

And yeah, ZM, you seem to be good at unfocused dodging imo. I'm interested in seeing how far you can make it in MoF, because you can feasibly 1cc it if you abuse your bombs properly.

I'm still baffled I'm good at something I have no idea is lol

I think I could make it pretty far. To Sanae, definitely.

And I dunno if I'll get in a SA replay, Scarlet. School sucks, and I rarely get computer time. I'll try, though.

I think I remember that, when I first got into it, I tried to make sure that every single bullet was like half the screen away, or that I moved in circles in hopes that I didn't die. I guess you're going through the same, because you haven't developed the dodging skills.

I think I remember that, when I first got into it, I tried to make sure that every single bullet was like half the screen away

Oh yes, that's a popular mistake to make for beginners (and in fact you do still seem to have this mindset as far as streaming is concerned. :newyears: ).

Due to a combination of the fact that bullet waves can get pretty dense and a lot of them (most prominently during the stages themselves) are aimed at you, moving too much can often result in completely impenetrable walls of bullets that only bombs will save you from. The same bullet waves tend to be mostly trivial if you only move just enough to make them pass by your hitbox harmlessly.

(Then, however, there are some people who take it too far and refuse to move even when they should. xD )

One of the most important steps a beginner has to make is to develop the ability to recognize which bullets are static (or random) and which ones are aimed at the player, and to react accordingly.

Edited by Scarlet

Gogogo

Oh yes, that's a popular mistake to make for beginners (and in fact you do still seem to have this mindset as far as streaming is concerned. :newyears: ).

Due to a combination of the fact that bullet waves can get pretty dense and a lot of them (most prominently during the stages themselves) are aimed at you, moving too much can often result in completely impenetrable walls of bullets that only bombs will save you from. The same bullet waves tend to be mostly trivial if you only move just enough to make them pass by your hitbox harmlessly.

(Then, however, there are some people who take it too far and refuse to move even when they should. xD )

One of the most important steps a beginner has to make is to develop the ability to recognize which bullets are static (or random) and which ones are aimed at the player, and to react accordingly.

That's why I said when I got into it. :< I think I'm getting better in regards to that.

- SA Results -

1. Fera
ReimuC
Score: 435,215,360
Clear: Yes (8/4)

NoGrazeRun/10
No, seriously! You clearly knew what you were doing, but why did you avoid grazing the beginning barrage in Stage 1, as well as the big fairies? They're begging to be grazed! D:
Very nice use of ReimuC's options to kill all fairies in the Stage 2 opener before they got even a single shot off. But again, you keep a huge distance from most bullets instead of grazing them... You really shouldn't be entering the Parsee boss fight in Stage 2 with less than 200 Graze.
Again, nice usage of ReimuC's options to deal with Grandpa Hanasaka. Anathema Ritual was likewise trivialized.
Didn't graze the Stage 3 opener. I'm detecting a pattern! Again, though, the stage enemies were dealt with nicely for the most part, and the Yuugi fight was excellent. I don't think I've ever managed to NMNB it so far.
I believe after seeing your Stage 4 performance, I can tell what the problem is: you seem to prefer grazing lasers over grazing normal bullets. The lasers were grazed very nicely, both in Stage 3 and Stage 4, but the regular bullets just didn't seem to tickle your fancy for some reason.
Cat Rin was dealt with nicely. So was Satori, until... ...you actually spent your very first bomb on Great Whirlwind! Awww. I never really understood how that card works, personally, so I very much understand bombing to it, although judging from your comment on the replay, the bomb wasn't even intentional?
Lots of items missed in Stage 5, although you finally started grazing regular bullets as well! You seemed a bit overly shy about shooting the spirits, but better safe than sorry, I guess.
Actually farmed midboss!Rin's non-spells for Graze, wow. Not sure what you tried to pull by intentionally prolonging Cat Walk, though; this caused you to miss the life piece since it ended up being dropped in a bad position. ;/
That's an interesting way of dealing with boss!Rin's first non-spell, although I feel that it's actually more dangerous than trying to deal with it normally.
Flat-out bomb-skipped Rin's first Zombie Fairy spell, but the rest of the fight was excellent. I didn't even know Rin doesn't have a collision box in her last spellcard - knowing that would've saved me more than one headache...
Pretty good Stage 6, and then it happened - a death. To Nuclear Fusion - not surprising in itself, but still shocking coming from Fera here. D:
Captured Fixed Star without the safeline. Not bad.
Died again to Hell and Heaven Meltdown, but then defeated it quickly without bombing. Still somewhat impressive.
Ended the run with a Hell's Artificial Sun capture (although you grazed one bullet VERY closely xD).

All in all, survival-wise: magnificient! It's plainly obvious that a No Miss Clear is well withhin your grasp. Scoring-wise, however, I'm a bit disappointed, as nitpicky as it may seem. Sure, most of the score in SA consists merely of survival (which you're pro at), but you could easily have scored a couple dozen million points higher had you put more effort into grazing bullets in the earlier stages and not been so shy about shooting the spirits in Stage 5. They drop quite a lot of point items.

2. Proto
MarisaB
Score: 216,122,780
Clear: Yes (1/0)

Stage 1 was perfectly decent survival-wise (you even actually managed to max out your Power with Yamame's death, something that I've never actually pulled off for some reason - I always seem to miss some of the Power items pre-Kisume, haha).
However, scoring-wise, it was honestly not a good start. You didn't even try to graze the bullet lines the large fairies shoot at you. Even if you don't/can't supergraze Yamame, you can very plausably finish Stage 1 with about 1000 Graze, which does make a difference in your point value!
Stage 2 was pretty good (very nice usage of MarisaB's shot type to deal with Grandpa Hanasaka and Anathema Ritual!), although I'm not sure why you were quite so shy to go above the PoC after midboss!Parsee. Could've given you those point items at a higher value, but oh well, not that big a difference.
Stage 3 was pretty okay, although I'm not sure why you stayed so far away from all the lasers. Come on, Marisa can get stupidly high amounts of Graze just from all the lasers here! You also bomb-skipped like half of Yuugi's everything, which surprised me, but worked, so sure. Not gonna judge you, Yuugi is pretty tough for a Stage 3 boss. Nice job on catching the life piece on the Shackles card though, I tend to miss it when I'm too low on Power. xD
Nice job on Stage 4 survival-wise, although again, you missed a lot of basically free Graze by staying so far away from most of the lasers. The green orbs after midboss!Rin can also be considered free Graze, although I guess they're not as important. You probably also could've caught more of the items during the charm spam segments if you had moved more, as actively moving through these segments easily builds up the communications gauge, but oh well.
As for Satori: Nice job on her first half! Interesting way to deal with her second non-spell; I usually go right through it (that is, upwards) instead of moving horizontally. Bomb-skipped Princess Undine and Philosopher's Stone, but that's okay if it means you don't die. In fact, I'm impressed that you haven't died even once during the first four stages! That's also good for your score, since that means all those green star items actually have a meaning.
Letting yourself get cornered in pre-midboss Stage 5 is a bad idea. Slip through the gaps in the red bullets (looks dangerous, but isn't very difficult) when you start drifting off to the sides too much. Lost two lives to midboss!Rin, ouch. Nice bomb placement on Cat Walk; had you been a little more persistent on the second cycle, you could probably have avoided the second death by ending the battle early. That death during the post-midboss stage segment was silly, though. D:
Also nice job on keeping your trigger-finger calm and going pacifist against the suicide spirits, even if that means missing out on items. You didn't have much of a reason not to shoot the last three waves though, considering they explode anyway.
Epic cheese on Rin's first non-spell, which also left you in a very good position for her first Zombie Fairy spell. Not gonna comment on the Spleen Eater and Needle Mountain fails, you made it very clear that you're aware of them. ;/
Also nice job on timing out Rekindling of Ashes; you didn't capture it, but at least you didn't die to it despite being at 0 Power!
...still, that makes 5 lives lost in Stage 5 alone. I can see how you were having trouble 1ccing SA. ^^"
Stage 6 starts and again you refuse free Graze by staying miles away from the daggers the ravens threw at you. Why? D:
Not sure why you died to Blazing Wheel, it's honestly pretty easy outside of Hard Mode (Hard Mode requires repeatedly switching between focus and non-focus to keep up the rhythm, screw that).
Hold on, what? The safe line on Fixed Star exists on Normal mode as well? I thought it was Lunatic only lol. To think that outside of Lunatic, I've been doing it legit all this time... xD
That said, outside of Hell's Artificial Sun, the Okuu fight was pretty alright (even though it can be summed up as "bomb-skip every spell except Fixed Star" xD). What you really gotta work on is your Stage 5, because wow.

Still, a 1cc is a 1cc, so good job! This was a pretty interesting replay to watch.

Unranked: Puku
ReimuA
Score: 206,825,760
Clear: Yes (0/1)

(Would have scored 5 points)

You were pretty shy about using any of the Graze opportunities in Stage 1, but decent enough otherwise.
I'm not sure why you bombed after midboss!Parsee (although it looks like you might've been afraid of getting killed for trying to grab the life piece), and you dropped most of the items in the second half of the stage, but otherwise your performance was totally solid. Green-eyed Monster was dealt with very quickly despite not abusing Parsee's lack of a collision box, nicely done!
Grandpa Hanasaka was a bit confusing to watch, but you went through one of the gaps at least, so personally, I'm satisfied. xP
However, you missed the life piece afterwards despite bombing to try and catch it. Were you distracted? D:
Other than that, solid Parsee fight!
I'm not quite sure why you bombed before midboss!Yuugi. There wasn't really any amount of items worth bombing for on-screen and you weren't threatened by anything. Was it to try and rack up Graze by sitting inside the lasers?
The death to Mt. Ooe was unfortunate. You probably don't want to try that one completely unfocused - fast movement can be useful here, but you should remain aware of your hitbox. Other than that, though, decent enough Yuugi fight.
Pretty good Stage 4. While you did use multiple bombs in the second half, you also got most of the items that were dropped, which was good move score-wise, but left you a bit low on Power for the Satori fight. Bombing Cat Rin's second appearance as ReimuA definitely gives a lot of delicious Graze though, mmmh!
Very good Satori fight! The death to Double Black Death Butterfly seemed like you didn't notice that bullet approaching from the side rather than any actual issues with the spellcard itself. xD
You had the balls to shoot everything ever in Stage 5, were able to deal with the retaliation and were rewarded with quite a bunch of items for your trouble. Nicely done!
...and then you died to midboss!Rin's opener. Tapping the focus button like that to keep up the rhythm isn't a good idea - a death like that is bound to happen if you rely on it too much. You then bombed pretty much the entirety of midboss!Rin and stage 5 afterwards, which was a pretty amusing reaction as far as I'm concerned. xD
...and after going berserk on the entirety of Stage 5, you decide not to shoot the final three waves of spirits for some reason? You could've used the extra Power at that point. D:
The Rin fight had a lot of basic screw-ups that resulted in a lot of deaths, you need to practice that. You also didn't seem to know how to deal with her second non-spell, but that one's quickly bombed to oblivion, so that one's not too much of an issue.
Stage 6 made up for it with a very solid performance during the stage part, though. The Utsuho fight wasn't terrible, although the death to her final non-spell in an attempt to get into a better position to damage her was a sloppy misjudgement. ;/
Getting fed up with Hell and Heaven Meltdown and bombing it to oblivion after dying to it was pretty amusing for some reason. xD

All in all not a bad run. You might need to work a bit on your consistency to reduce the number of silly screw-ups you make, but your basic performance is rock-solid. I especially like that you're making pretty good use of bombs when you're not taken completely by surprise!

3. Kalas
ReimuA
Score: 51,217,900
Clear: No (Stage 4 Boss)

Decent Stage 1. Mad props on supergrazing the first two large fairies - you were the only one ballsy enough to do that, and it made up very nicely for not grazing the others!
You're dodging too far to the side on midboss!Parsee's non-spell. The gaps look a bit menacing, but if you stay calm, it's not that bad. Still, the power lost didn't hurt you, so it's alright. Green-eyed Monster was a bit slow, but worked.
The bomb to the orbs after midboss!Parsee shouldn't have been needed, though. That's an instance where very basic streaming would've kept you perfectly safe! ;/
The screw-up on boss!Parsee's opener was unfortunate, but it happens, so meh. ReimuA's teleport ability was used well to deal with Grandpa Hanasaka, although you ran pretty low on time until you hit a rhythm where you actually managed to damage Parsee. Still, it worked, so it's alright.
The bomb on Anathema Ritual was to avoid a time-out, a good choice to secure the life piece. However, if you're gonna do circles around Parsee to avoid dealing with the bullets, do it a bit more quickly to avoid running low on time in the first place! Most of your time spent should be below her so that your shots will actually hit her.
Kinda sorta streamed during the stage portions of Stage 3. Are you getting the hang of it?
Bomb choices on Yuugi were understandable, although I feel like you were under the impression of the large bubble bullets in Wind from Mt. Ooe having a really large hitbox. Their hitbox is a lot smaller than it looks! Focus-grabbing the items after it, however, would've given you enough Power for another bomb and so might've prevented you from dying.
Pretty decent Stage 4. A bit bomb-spammy, but making good use of your resources is an important form of skill as well, so that's completely okay! Also nice job on Cat Rin's second appearance; you dropped her HP to 0 at literally the very last possible moment and got the life piece. That looked tense. xD
The Satori fight, sadly, was a mess. It felt like your screw-up on Terrible Souvenir's lasers completely freaked you out, causing all the following deaths that I don't think would've happened had you remained calm. Also, don't bomb immediately after dying, it's a waste of a bomb - you can't clear bullets from the screen that don't exist!

Honestly, though, up until Satori your performance was pretty good, and definitely on par for a 1cc. Even after this draft, keep going - you can get it!

4. ZM
MarisaC
Score: 10,463,730
Clear: No (Stage 2 Midboss)

Stage 1 was pretty alright. You made good use of the PoC to collect items and the boss fights were alright as well; however, you seem very twitchy even when in focus, which cost you a life at Yamame. Don't move too much when there's no reason to - instead, try to look ahead and judge where the bullets will go. Most of the time, it's much easier and safer to move only a little and then just wait until the bullets pass by you. Obviously, the more difficult the patterns become, the more often you will have to move, but I think you get the idea. ^^
Stage 2 was a pretty quick end to your run, unfortunately. The death to the orbs really shouldn't have happened - focus mode is an important tool for your survival, even during the stage parts themselves. Make use of it! Slower, more precise movement is invaluable in a myriad of situations, and seeing your hitbox is likely helpful, too.
What really ended your run was Parsee, though; I don't think you've figured out how Green-Eyed Monster works. The bullets "chase" you - you have to keep moving, and in a way that you don't get cornered until Parsee starts the next cycle.
SA is a difficult game, but I still think you could've gotten a bit farther than that. ;/

Rankings:

1. Fera: 40 -> 50

2. Proto: 28 -> 35

3. Kalas: 6 -> 8

4. ZM: 0 -> 0

That's it for Round 5. The deadline for UFO is April 9th. (Updated Timer)

Edited by Scarlet

Aaaaand RAYKITTY~ doesn't even acknowledge Puku-chan's ghost-drafting >_>

2. Proto

MarisaB

Score: 216,122,780

Clear: Yes (1/0)

Stage 1 was perfectly decent survival-wise (you even actually managed to max out your Power with Yamame's death, something that I've never actually pulled off for some reason - I always seem to miss some of the Power items pre-Kisume, haha).

However, scoring-wise, it was honestly not a good start. You didn't even try to graze the bullet lines the large fairies shoot at you. Even if you don't/can't supergraze Yamame, you can very plausably finish Stage 1 with about 1000 Graze, which does make a difference in your point value!

Stage 2 was pretty good (very nice usage of MarisaB's shot type to deal with Grandpa Hanasaka and Anathema Ritual!), although I'm not sure why you were quite so shy to go above the PoC after midboss!Parsee. Could've given you those point items at a higher value, but oh well, not that big a difference.

My priority was survival, not scoring. Yes, I'm well aware that I could've grazed/auto-collected a lot more without threatening my survival, but I wanted to keep my first four stages as simple as possible. Note that I haven't 1cc'd SA before this, and it took a lot of iterations to finally achieve that. I'm pretty sure the simplicity of the first four stages helped a lot in motivating me to keep retrying SA over and over again, since each iteration was reduced to Knockout+MercuryPoison+Stage5+Stage6. And even Knockout wasn't as serious since bombing doesn't affect my medium-term survival.

Stage 3 was pretty okay, although I'm not sure why you stayed so far away from all the lasers. Come on, Marisa can get stupidly high amounts of Graze just from all the lasers here! You also bomb-skipped like half of Yuugi's everything, which surprised me, but worked, so sure. Not gonna judge you, Yuugi is pretty tough for a Stage 3 boss. Nice job on catching the life piece on the Shackles card though, I tend to miss it when I'm too low on Power. xD

I bomb-skipped whatever required serious effort (though even when playing seriously, I have trouble with her last non-spell) to keep Stage 3 simple. I actually tried to graze Yuugi's orb lasers, but a previous attempt got me killed for that and I then started to become a lot more careful around them.

Nice job on Stage 4 survival-wise, although again, you missed a lot of basically free Graze by staying so far away from most of the lasers. The green orbs after midboss!Rin can also be considered free Graze, although I guess they're not as important. You probably also could've caught more of the items during the charm spam segments if you had moved more, as actively moving through these segments easily builds up the communications gauge, but oh well.

About the green orbs, I actually thought collecting the green stars were more important than Graze, so my approach involved trying to collect all of those as opposed to grazing more.

As for Satori: Nice job on her first half! Interesting way to deal with her second non-spell; I usually go right through it (that is, upwards) instead of moving horizontally. Bomb-skipped Princess Undine and Philosopher's Stone, but that's okay if it means you don't die. In fact, I'm impressed that you haven't died even once during the first four stages! That's also good for your score, since that means all those green star items actually have a meaning.

You try to move upwards for the second non-spell too >_>? Is that everybody's first reaction to that non-spell? It's easy either way, but I found the side easier. I genuinely have trouble with Princess Undine, because I keep getting walled to it for some reason. Philosopher's Stone is capturable, but it has too much HP and is easy to accidentally die on when there are so many different types of bullets.

Letting yourself get cornered in pre-midboss Stage 5 is a bad idea. Slip through the gaps in the red bullets (looks dangerous, but isn't very difficult) when you start drifting off to the sides too much. Lost two lives to midboss!Rin, ouch. Nice bomb placement on Cat Walk; had you been a little more persistent on the second cycle, you could probably have avoided the second death by ending the battle early. That death during the post-midboss stage segment was silly, though. D:

Also nice job on keeping your trigger-finger calm and going pacifist against the suicide spirits, even if that means missing out on items. You didn't have much of a reason not to shoot the last three waves though, considering they explode anyway.

Yeah, pre-midboss Stage 5 usually isn't that hard, but I have a hard time making a judgment on whether the red bullets are safe to slip through or not while I'm dodging the blue orbs myself. As for Catwalk, I actually have been able to clear it before having to dodge the second wave using only one bomb, but something went wrong here. Post-midboss was supposed to be perfect, but I somehow messed up restreaming, which was completely unexpected.

Epic cheese on Rin's first non-spell, which also left you in a very good position for her first Zombie Fairy spell. Not gonna comment on the Spleen Eater and Needle Mountain fails, you made it very clear that you're aware of them. ;/

Also nice job on timing out Rekindling of Ashes; you didn't capture it, but at least you didn't die to it despite being at 0 Power!

I actually paused the game before Spleen Eater and spent quite some time calculating the optimal way of dealing with the rest of Rin. I needed two bombs to skip her last non-spell and two to skip Needle Mountain, both of which are classified as "impossible" for me. But even if I captured Spleen Eater, that would have left me with 0 Power for Rekindling of Ashes. I never dreamed that I'd be able to time that out without Earth Sign, and actually capturing Spleen Eater would be very difficult because of how weak MarisaB is with everything but Earth Sign. There would've been a high chance of me dying to Spleen Eater. I calculated the optimal solution (in terms of resources+safety) to bomb Spleen Eater, cutting off half her HP and reduce the death probability, spend two bombs on the non-spell, spend two bombs on Needle Mountain while dying in the middle, and capturing Rekindling the Ashes, resulting in a loss of 1.2 lives. But the actual results went horribly wrong, as you can see, and resulted in 2.6 lives lost.

Then there's Needle Mountain aka silliest death ever. Well, I only had one bomb left, so the logical move would be to bomb, and then try to survive as long as possible. I decided to delay the bomb to get more damage in early on. Looks like I delayed it for far too long >_>

...still, that makes 5 lives lost in Stage 5 alone. I can see how you were having trouble 1ccing SA. ^^"

I don't normally lose that much lives. Stage 6, especially Hell's Artificial Sun, always ends up going horribly wrong when I do well on Stage 5.

Stage 6 starts and again you refuse free Graze by staying miles away from the daggers the ravens threw at you. Why? D:

Stage 6 is literally the last place for me to be concerned about Graze, given how close I am to 1ccing.

Not sure why you died to Blazing Wheel, it's honestly pretty easy outside of Hard Mode (Hard Mode requires repeatedly switching between focus and non-focus to keep up the rhythm, screw that).

I'll be honest here. Ever since I first found out that Blazing Wheel dies to two shotgun bombs and Rin drops 2.00 Power (which was ages ago), I've been double-bomb-skipping it at every iteration. This was my first non-Continued actual attempt at the spell.

Hold on, what? The safe line on Fixed Star exists on Normal mode as well? I thought it was Lunatic only lol. To think that outside of Lunatic, I've been doing it legit all this time... xD

If a safe line exists in Lunatic, it would obviously exist in the lower difficulties :P

Also, I think the safe line is the legit approach. Moving in and out of the star orbits seems like far more trouble than it's worth.

That said, outside of Hell's Artificial Sun, the Okuu fight was pretty alright (even though it can be summed up as "bomb-skip every spell except Fixed Star" xD). What you really gotta work on is your Stage 5, because wow.

Hell's Artificial Sun was overloaded with panic bombs simply because of how close I was to 1ccing. I genuinely think I could capture it if the third phase isn't so mean. Nuclear Fusion is capturable but very risky. Mega Flare, I never actually captured it, but I could survive for a pretty long time. Okuu always has too much HP >_>. Heaven & Hell Meltdown is outright impossible for me though.

Still, a 1cc is a 1cc, so good job! This was a pretty interesting replay to watch.

Thanks!

Since this was not a scoring run like my previous games (Proto repeatedly laments his self-deprecations on Fera), I tried to play as safely as possible with regards to grazing regular bullets and shooting suicide spirits. Lasers are pretty easy to dodge, given that they won't accidentally bump into you because you misjudged their sideways movement, and give a lot of nice graze anyway.

Prolonging all of midboss Rin's attacks allows me to completely skip the annoying suicide bullet spirits phase directly after Rin, as well as a damn good part of the streaming yin-yangs. This strategy is mostly because I was training to NMNB (this part is laughably easy when you can bomb), then got bored but did it anyway because those suicide bullets are absolutely infuriating. Cat Walk is a good card when you figure out how to do it, though pretty difficult if you're simply dodging it. I was planning to let the lifepiece go if it came to it, yeah. It's kind of difficult when you extend it to that last bit.

I'm wondering if I could NMNB it with my other favorite shot type: MarisaB. That larger hitbox deal is annoying, especially with Hell's Artificial Sun, but Water Sign's usefulness makes me think twice. Satori's spells in Patche mode are pretty easy too. I just need to clear Stage 5 without casualties, and then pray that Okuu doesn't kill me on a misstep. Meltdown is my favorite Okuu spell because it literally doesn't require anything other than moving around in a imaginary tiny box, which Rin has already prepared me for like thrice. Fixed Star is a second favorite because it's just repeating a pattern over and over and over again. It's not like Nuclear Fusion where you /can/ repeat a pattern, but the randomness of the blue bullets will change your mind about it. Despite Mega Flare debatably being Okuu's signature card, it's not especially fun when you accidentally forget to look out for clumped suns and you run headlong in between two of them and die.

Blah blah blah time to play UFO.

Aaaaand RAYKITTY~ doesn't even acknowledge Puku-chan's ghost-drafting >_>

18knie.jpg

Damn, I honestly completely forgot about it since Puku never sent me the replay via PM. I'm sorry, I'll watch it now and then edit it in. >_<

My priority was survival, not scoring.

I'm aware, but since there usually isn't terribly much I can say about your survival skills, I point out where you could've scored better mainly so I have something to say at all. xD

About the green orbs, I actually thought collecting the green stars were more important than Graze, so my approach involved trying to collect all of those as opposed to grazing more.

They are, but grazing usually gets you both.

Since this was not a scoring run like my previous games (Proto repeatedly laments his self-deprecations on Fera), I tried to play as safely as possible with regards to grazing regular bullets and shooting suicide spirits. Lasers are pretty easy to dodge, given that they won't accidentally bump into you because you misjudged their sideways movement, and give a lot of nice graze anyway.

I see, I guess that makes sense.

Prolonging all of midboss Rin's attacks allows me to completely skip the annoying suicide bullet spirits phase directly after Rin, as well as a damn good part of the streaming yin-yangs. This strategy is mostly because I was training to NMNB (this part is laughably easy when you can bomb), then got bored but did it anyway because those suicide bullets are absolutely infuriating. Cat Walk is a good card when you figure out how to do it, though pretty difficult if you're simply dodging it. I was planning to let the lifepiece go if it came to it, yeah. It's kind of difficult when you extend it to that last bit.

Personally, I would take the stage enemies over Cat Walk any day, but that explanation does make sense I guess. xD

I'm wondering if I could NMNB it with my other favorite shot type: MarisaB.

Why not give MarisaA a try? She's pretty much crap if you actually make use of bombs, but if you're going for a NMNB anyway, losing Power shouldn't ever become an issue, and while not as much as MarisaB's Water Sign, she too has pretty decent spread at high Power.

There you go, Puku's replay and its analysis are now in the results post as well.

And now to finally get some sleep, it's 5:30 AM over here. xD

Edited by Scarlet