(Finished: N7_Average_Azn is the Victor! GG Roc20) Time-based Fire Emblem 7: Rekka no Ken L/HHM Race between N7 Average Azn and Roc20

N7隊長ジョン

As you all may be aware of, I have been streaming FE games for quite a bit now since Dec of last year. Well now I feel like doing something I've never done before, and that's to actually have a time-based race with someone else to see who can beat FE7 first. In this race, turn count doesn't matter, and placing will be determined by times.
You can find all the rules for this race here!
*Update 1*
[spoiler=As quoted from my original link...]
*Update 1*
Everyone who is interested in being a participant of this event should PM me here on FB or SF so I can make a list of challengers and organize when we would be able to do our match.
*Update 1 End*
*Update 2*
All participants must be streaming at the same time while this competition is active.
*Update 2 End*
Rules of the Fire Emblem 7: Rekka no Ken Time-Based Race...
1. Will be on Lyn/Hector Hard Mode.
2. You will start with 5 lives/continues.
3. Ironman Mode with a twist will be in effect, if a game over happens, you will lose one of your five lives.
4. You may restart the chapter, but at the cost of one of your lives.
5. Race will be time-based, as in turns do not have consideration in this race. Players will only play the game while all participants are available. This includes preparations for the next chapter.
6. There are no character restrictions, you may use who you wish.
7. There are no restrictions on using the Arena, as it will eat up your time anyway.
8. This goes without saying, but no RNG abusing/save-states/etc. Yes, that includes the Mine Glitch you dirty cheaters >>.
9. Players will have no animations playing, as well as have all fast movement/text speeds.
10.All side-chapters that can be visited must be visited (19xx is excluded for time-constraints). If you are unable to visit the side chapter, you will lose one of your lives. This is to encourage meeting the requirement of the side chapter and not foregoing the side chapter in order just to gain a time advantage.
11. No emulator speed ups allowed. The game must be playing at normal, possible speeds.
Thanks for reminding me about that Shepard! :P

As of right now, I already have a challenger ready to face me. Our race will begin today (2/22/14) at 5 PM EST to approximately 8 PM EST, and will take place at my Twitch Channel located here. I will also try and have each streaming session cut into 30 min parts and uploaded on my YT for viewer convenience if you are unable to come and attend the stream, but I can't make any promises due to Twitch deciding to eat my newer videos because of a bug in their system >>.

This will be the entire game and will probably take place on the weekends more than likely, due to my current opponent not being able to attend the race unless it is at these times.

I will also be planning to do other FEs in the future, as well as planning future events such as these, so make sure to stay tuned for this! :D

*Update 2*

So far me and Roc20 (Roc18 here) have both lost 1 round each.

Both of them actually being because Lyn failed to survive...

So anyway, come see our tie breaker on March 6th, 2013 (of course...) @ 7 PM EST (UTC -5)!

We will be deciding who wins this race on our next run, and will just be HHM only for time constraints.

*Update 2 End*

*Update 3 (3/10/2014)*

So the first race between me and Roc20 has finally ended!

After two terribly long and horrible HHM Ironman runs... Roc finally bit the dust on Chapter 21 when Lyn failed to dodge a Wyvern Knight's attack, costing him the 3rd match and securing the final win for me!

For now, I think there will be a short break from the races, since I have college to worry about and I've been streaming The Last Promise lately. But feel free to send in any requests you may have for other FE games and whatnot or if you wish to challenge me as well!

See you all next time on the next FE race! :D

- John

*Update 3 End*

Edited by N7 Average Azn (John)

Oh, My mic sounds distorted at times. And you should do this race thing with the Last Promise hack next.

Yeah, it does, but it's not too bad. I might just have to turn down my mic volume possibly though.

and you'd most likely have the advantage on me there, since I haven't beaten TLP yet :P

True I beat it twice so far lol, its the best hack ive played, basically a new FE game on par with FE7. Still trying to find one as good as it.

It sure is great!

I need to actually beat it one day...

I was watching your strats... Lyn is really overleveled, and Kent and Sain are getting wrecked on chapter 4 :P... lol

Yeah cause I wasn't planning on using Kent or Sain, i had a set group of people I was going to level and a group of people I had prebenched basically so i give lyn all the experience. My strategy has pretty much worked out so far except for losing one of the core people in erk because he ran towards the boss. If not for that retarded mistake on the first hector chapter where i didn't scroll up and ran matthew into an archer i'd be at 2 lives right now on chapter 19 which isn't impossible instead of one life.

Edited by Roc18

Yeah cause I wasn't planning on using Kent or Sain, i had a set group of people I was going to level and a group of people I had prebenched basically so i give lyn all the experience. My strategy has pretty much worked out so far except for losing one of the core people in erk because he ran towards the boss. If not for that retarded mistake on the first hector chapter where i didn't scroll up and ran matthew into an archer i'd be at 2 lives right now on chapter 19 which isn't impossible instead of one life.

Haha, but now you don't have Sex Panther anymore at all because you neglected him :(

All the stupid mistakes i'm making are costing me lives too... i'm worried about killing Uhai in the turn count for chapter 19x. I didn't bring Lyn on that chapter... ><

Hello everyone! I have caught up with most of my college hw fortunately, so I will be able to start up mine and Roc20's FE7 Race tonight!

It will be up at 7 PM EST (UTC -5) tonight (3/3/13).

We are on chapter 19 HHM btw, and both of us only have 1 life left, so it should be pretty intense as this is pretty much Ironman mode now.

We'll see you all there! :D

Twitch Link:

http://twitch.tv/n7_average_azn

*Update 2*

So far me and Roc20 (Roc18 here) have both lost 1 round each.

Both of them actually being because Lyn failed to survive...

So anyway, come see our tie breaker on March 6th, 2014 (of course...) @ 7 PM EST (UTC -5)!

We will be deciding who wins this race on our next run, and will just be HHM only for time constraints.