I Can't Believe It's not SFMM4! - Game Over

BBM

End of phase votals:

Phoenix (15): Polydeuces, The One True Supreme, Iris, Refa, Green Poet, Phoenix, Elieson, Junko, FFM, eclipse, Shinori, Eurykins, bearclaw, Kopfjager, Euklyd

You weren't sure what possessed you to all suddenly throw your votes on Phoenix, but it sure seemed like a good idea at the time!

Phoenix has been lynched! He was...

I saved more lives than when I was actually doctor, and somehow posted even less and had even worse reads. Success?

Dear Phoenix01, you are Reinfleche, the Town Miller Governor.

Except youre neither of those things any more. In the last SFMM you were the scumteams godfather, and after you got shot they decided that you werent trustworthy enough to be given governor any more. On the other hand, you seem to have finally mastered the art of posting more than four times in a game! Were shocked too.

Once during the night, you may post in your role PM <##USER, NOW ITS REIN TIME>. Since people wont let you use your abilities during the day any more, now you have to practice with them at night. You will cancel any lethal and nonlethal actions aimed at user during the night phase.

You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

It wouldn't be an SF game without a D1 protective role lynch.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to submit your actions.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wake up from a good night's rest, feeling slightly annoyed about yesterday's lynch. Well, at least it wasn't the doctor, right? That's what you thought anyway, until you discovered bearclaw's body.

bearclaw has been killed! He was...

oh yeah

elie i am not in your votals as voteles

fuck you you floating head

Dear Bearclaw, you are Sho, the Town Outcast.

You don't actually play mafia here any more. You used to, but just kind of stopped. In the last game you were in, you didn't bother trying to get the Day 1 lynch off of you because you were too busy swearing at your scumbuddy over skype to post anything at all. Good times. Well, for everyone else in the game who didn't share your alignment.

Every night, you may post in your role PM <Night X - ##Guard USER>. You will protect USER from dying that night, since all of the killers don't want to be around you. Of course, neither will your target, so you cannot target the same person on consecutive nights.

In addition, because of your reputation you will take one less vote to lynch than other players.

You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Well, I'm sure you still have other roles like the hooker that can stop ki- oh shit Eury died too.

Eurykins has been killed! She was...

wrt to me tunneling: hi i tunneled eury d1 nice to meet you and now i'm tunneling you

Dear Eurykins, you are Manix, the Tunneling Townie.

You always tend to have one of the highest postcounts in the game. This is probably attributed to the fact that you post before fully thinking things through and often end up adding to your points seconds later. You also have a habit of tunneling people (which is really hard to be represented by one quote screw you), with the most common target of this being some chump awesome guy named BBM. You're also SF Mafia's resident Australian (Baldrick doesn't count).

During the night, you may post in your role pm <##Tunneling USER>. You will spend all night tunneling your target, so that they will be forced to respond to all of your posts rather than performing their night action. Once you start though, you can't stop, and must compulsively target the same person until their death.

"Man, these killers sure are jerks. I wanted to lynch these protective roles myself." said a nameless townie, whilst others nodded in agreement.

It is now Day 2. With 12 alive, it takes 4 to deadline lynch and 7 to hammer. You have 72 hours to decide on a lynch. Phase ends at 10pm GMT+0.

THAT D1 "DOCTOR" LYNCH WAS PRETTY MUCH ENTIRELY MY FAULT AND I REGRET NOTHING

(also legit post coming soon)

I find Refa to be unlikely scum, since I doubt scum would've tunneled that hard onto someone that turned out to be a mislynch.

I claim partial responsibility since I fully believed Phoenix was scum (since they didn't defend themselves at all near the end... wtf?), but eh.

ALSO I GAVE A VIG SHOT OUT LAST NIGHT. I'm announcing this, because it's not apparent from the item [it's a medkit] I gave. Not outing the person for obvious reasons. Also if the person I gave the vig shot to turns out to be scum, then Iris for Town!LVP.

I spent the past two hours going through Eury and Refa, realized that Eury's Refa case was absolutely horrible, and was all set to vote for her.

WELL GOOD GAME DOCS AND HOOKERS

anyway, i've got a bone to pick with a few people, one in particular, but I'll be addressing that with said individual on my own time.

short version is, feeling better about Refa since my case on him was sheeping of a shit case on him before. Working down the line, comes back to

@ Iris Why were you so eager to believe that Phnx's role was a Jack role, and calling for flavorclaims?

##Vote Euklyd

Because he can't cruise on a vote that's an actual vote, and not a prodvote (which is apparently a lame thing to do, hypocrisy level = maximum)

And also his end-phase performance looks more like playing dumb than legit confused

haha, fuck, I just saw the roles of the flipped. Welp.

@Elieson: I believe I've said in previous posts that I thought a 1x shot role was pretty week, esp. wrt to my role. You can ISO me, it's in one of my posts.

##Vote: Euklyd

Similar reasons to Elieson, but not, since mostly this post makes me really uneasy and makes me think Eukyld is pretty scummy (like FMPOV, it looks like he unvoted/switched because he knew that Phoenix would flip town!omniguard).

My night action failed and using it in the future has been delayed "until further notice" apparently. I promise I'll make a bigger/actual content post before I go to bed.

My night action failed and using it in the future has been delayed "until further notice" apparently. I promise I'll make a bigger/actual content post before I go to bed.

By any chance were you targeting me? Most actions that target me will fail due to my role.

Of the people still alive, Eury suspected Refa, myself (extrapolated from her late-D1 questions towards me, not her listpost), Poly, Darros, Iris, FFM, and Euklyd. These reads stayed consistent from her listpost till the end of the day.

bearclaw conveniently listed his lynch priority just a bit before the end of the day. So Poly, FFM and Iris, in that order, and not counting the now-dead Phoenix.

Eury was likely killed because her reads were correct, and the effort she showed D1 in her listpost was an indication that she was going to continue pressing these correct cases.

I imagine bearclaw was killed because of the astigmatism associated with lynching hated. Notably, his suspicion of Poly and Iris coincide with Eury's.

Nothing's really changed from the previous day regarding my own reads. At this time, I don't think Iris' claim of vig-giver can't be reliably verified because

-A townie or SK who's received it isn't going to claim, as this will necessarily draw a hook.

-A mafioso who's received it isn't going to claim unless they and Iris are scumbuddies, in which case we can't take their claim for granted.

Regarding eclipse's turbolynch, it doesn't make sense to me why she decided to expend it on Phoenix when Iris was the one she'd been openly deliberating.

The lack of explanation directly before the use of her role seems like a townie mentality to me, as scum would, as I stated yesterday, come up with a long case as to why Phoenix should've been lynched and then commit to it. What doesn't sit well with me is, obviously, how she decided to kill Phoenix after he'd claimed a town PR that no one had CC'd.

So. . . guess we're waiting for her to explain that.

I don't believe Eurykins was killed because her reads were correct. When you suspect 10 player out of 15 to be scum, clearly there's some flaw. I can see a case being made for the people she pushed the hardest (IIRC, you and me), but FMPOV I wouldn't agree with it.

Also I believe that at least a Town!Vigilante would claim the night after they shot (at least if it is a 1-shot deal, which is the impression I took from it). If Iris was Mafia, I don't see why she'd claim being able to give a Vig-shot when it'd just serve to implicate her and her scumbuddy later down the line.

You bring up a good point WRT eclipse. Well, I don't agree about the PR thing, but why she decided to turbolynch Phoenix instead of Iris. Also...I-I came up with a long case as to why Phoenix should've been lynched and committed to it. :<

I was wondering why noone was replying to this post, but then I realized I hadn't posted it. Go me. Triple post power.

ALSO I GAVE A VIG SHOT OUT LAST NIGHT. I'm announcing this, because it's not apparent from the item [it's a medkit] I gave. Not outing the person for obvious reasons. Also if the person I gave the vig shot to turns out to be scum, then Iris for Town!LVP.

(I initially read that as Town!Lynch Proof Vest)

Requesting said person to not shoot me. Not because I don't want to get shot (well...I don't), but because it's going to be a waste of what could potentially be a town motivated kill (and not in the "how could you shoot a townie" sense either, since at least that gives flips). Also, can you confirm that you didn't give it to any of the dead players?

Since the flips, I've decided to reevaluate my three major scumreads accordingly (Darros, Elieson, FFM). Here's what I got (hopefully it's not too long).

Darros- To make a short story even shorter, fuck all. All he's done is tunnel in on the most popular scumread, list off a bunch of inactives as secondary scumreads, and then disappear at the end of the phase. It definitely comes across as playing it too safe, which makes sense from Scum!Darros' PoV considering eclipse mentioned he was mislynched a lot as town. Definitely would still vote.

Elieson- I agree with his reasons for voting Euklyd D2, but I think he ignored some key posts from Euklyd when voting him. Don't really have any other issues with him, I think his late day FFM vote made sense FHPOV. Not really bothered by him overall.

FFM- He's been acting scummy the whole game, but it's so fucking obvious that it really annoys me. Honestly, it'd save me a lot of trouble if he got vigged, but unfortunately I'll have to recommend Kopfjager over him (but if there's another vigilante/SK, they should definitely do it).

##Vote: Darros

Going to read into Poly next, because GP did bring up a good point WRT him. Other people I'm somewhat bothered by are eclipse and Shinori, as pretty much every player considered them obvious town yesterday and...they didn't die. Unless bearclaw/Eurykins crumbed their roles and I missed it, I see no reason for why they'd be killed over eclipse/Shinori (well, from scum's PoV). Also someone else post dammit.

##Vote: Euklyd

Similar reasons to Elieson, but not, since mostly this post makes me really uneasy and makes me think Eukyld is pretty scummy (like FMPOV, it looks like he unvoted/switched because he knew that Phoenix would flip town!omniguard).

How is unvoting a claimed PR scummy? Euklyd's reasoning of lynching unknown over claimed omniguaurd when both are equally suspect was the same reasoning going through everyone's minds when they unvoted Phoenix. By this logic, you should also be finding myself, Junko and eclipse scummy. Are you committing to that?

Comparatively, you voteswitched to Phoenix after his claim. Here and here. If you see that "a bunch of people unvoted Phoenix," that's more than a good reason to do so yourself; it's not sheeping, it's avoiding the possibility of lynching a PR. Townies aren't going to automatically look townie 100% of the time, especially newb!town, but it looks like you were too eagerly focusing on his questionable plays to be able to see the danger in actually lynching his claim.

Actually the weird thing about Eukyld is that he has the same reads as GP, but that means nothing about my read on him. I just feel like if he was town he would be more proactive about scumhunting, since all he really did wrt content is post this giant wall post of reads, but he hasn't really brought upon questioning/hunting. Although he is voting for Phoenix, so I give him that.

How is having the same reads as me "weird"? Is that just a euphemism for the word you'd tried to avoid using, "scummy"?

"Although he is voting for Phoenix, so I give him that." . . .And then your read on him changed because he got off Phoenix's wagon, an objectively townie move.

##Vote: Iris

I'm also not feeling too well about Refa, though this is more from his late-D1 interactions than anything else, so it's not as strong of read as what I'm feeling wrt Iris.

-He implies that lynching Phoenix may still be a good idea here. "Why is Phoenix's claim so townie as to not lynch him?" Sure, maybe omniguard isn't town exclusive. But a one-shot omniguard? Where's the survivability/long-term utility in that for scum?

Furthermore, If Phoenix was scum, he would've been advised by his scumbuddies to fakeclaim a doc role that's more unambiguously townie.

-Votes Phoenix. Notably says that he hasn't "really looked into Iris and [doesn't] want to reread more stuff at this time." Of course you don't want to reread Iris. . .

-. . .nor do you want her to claim.

-"If Phoenix flips Mafia . . . Eury is probably his scumbuddy." And we know now that that's as far from the truth as can be. Refa also explains in this post that he distrusts Phoenix's claim because it feels "like scum has strayed away from obvious claims you'd . . . expect them to make." WIFOM much?

-"States Phoenix has been pretty scummy, but the role could potentially be town so we shouldn't vote him which just reads as scum trying to distance without getting a D1 scum lynch." No, it reads as people not wanting to lynch an un-CC'ed PR.

I'm also seeing quite a few passing statements along the lines of "I don't want to lynch Poly," or "I'd rather lynch FFM over Poly." What makes you convinced of Poly's towniness, Refa?

Iris > Refa >>> Poly

I will admit that I found iris's voteswitch unusual. For one it was basically near deadline which might have been a coincidence but it is interesting. It just feels like she voted phoenix01 when she realized that poly might actually be getting lynched. It just felt like a weird vibe.

Also this is probably a bit ridiculous but I found this comment by refa interesting it went something like this "I do not know why people think I am town because people generally consider my town play scummy as fuck" Again this is probably a ridiculous assumption but thought it might be something interesting to note.

I will try to give more content after dinner,

I don't believe Eurykins was killed because her reads were correct. When you suspect 10 player out of 15 to be scum, clearly there's some flaw. I can see a case being made for the people she pushed the hardest (IIRC, you and me), but FMPOV I wouldn't agree with it.

Nor would I agree with a scum case on myself, but that goes without saying. What separated Eury from the other people with potentially accurate scumreads is that her listpost was comprehensive and constructed with visible effort, so the large number of her scumreads doesn't quite dissuade her value to town in scum's eyes.

Also I believe that at least a Town!Vigilante would claim the night after they shot (at least if it is a 1-shot deal, which is the impression I took from it).

I can see why a vig might have shot bear, yes. Not a good idea for them to claim at this time if that's the case, though.

If Iris was Mafia, I don't see why she'd claim being able to give a Vig-shot when it'd just serve to implicate her and her scumbuddy later down the line.

Naturally scum!Iris claims it for its short-term benefit of being a townie role that isn't CC-able.

Also...I-I came up with a long case as to why Phoenix should've been lynched and committed to it. :<

I'm sorry, Refa, but this makes you clearly obvscum Well, no, but your late-D1 interactions really do strike me as rather scummy. . .

Requesting said person to not shoot me. Not because I don't want to get shot (well...I don't), but because it's going to be a waste of what could potentially be a town motivated kill (and not in the "how could you shoot a townie" sense either, since at least that gives flips). Also, can you confirm that you didn't give it to any of the dead players?

@Italicized: well, of course no one in this game wants to be vigged (with the exception of myself nearing *YLO). Agree with underlined, though it'd be quite to Iris' demerit if she claimed now that she gave it to one of the ones that were killed.

Since the flips, I've decided to reevaluate my three major scumreads accordingly (Darros, Elieson, FFM). Here's what I got (hopefully it's not too long).

Darros- To make a short story even shorter, fuck all. All he's done is tunnel in on the most popular scumread, list off a bunch of inactives as secondary scumreads, and then disappear at the end of the phase. It definitely comes across as playing it too safe, which makes sense from Scum!Darros' PoV considering eclipse mentioned he was mislynched a lot as town. Definitely would still vote.

Yeah, agreed.

Elieson- I agree with his reasons for voting Euklyd D2, but I think he ignored some key posts from Euklyd when voting him. Don't really have any other issues with him, I think his late day FFM vote made sense FHPOV. Not really bothered by him overall.

. . .tentatively agreed.

FFM- He's been acting scummy the whole game, but it's so fucking obvious that it really annoys me. Honestly, it'd save me a lot of trouble if he got vigged, but unfortunately I'll have to recommend Kopfjager over him (but if there's another vigilante/SK, they should definitely do it).

I still think it's likelier that FFM is newb!town, but eh.

##Vote: Darros

Going to read into Poly next, because GP did bring up a good point WRT him. Other people I'm somewhat bothered by are eclipse and Shinori, as pretty much every player considered them obvious town yesterday and...they didn't die. Unless bearclaw/Eurykins crumbed their roles and I missed it, I see no reason for why they'd be killed over eclipse/Shinori (well, from scum's PoV). Also someone else post dammit.

So you do feel uncertain about Poly at this time?

This last post makes me less sure about my just-posted scumread on Refa, I guess? I like his case on Darros and how he's now acknowledging the cases on Poly.

Also this is probably a bit ridiculous but I found this comment by refa interesting it went something like this "I do not know why people think I am town because people generally consider my town play scummy as fuck" Again this is probably a ridiculous assumption but thought it might be something interesting to note.

Well, Refa tends to joke about a lot of things, his own meta included, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. I believe this statement was made in reply to people (myself among them) who did think he was town on D1, so it's not as though this is an unwarranted observation of self-meta.

Doesn't look as though too many people are present right now. . . I guess I could go and respond to some of the questions Eury had for me, if people really want that? Otherwise, will be on and off for the next some hours.

If Euklyd unvoting Phoenix for claiming Twatguard (which I already discussed my issues with before) is an objectionably townie move, I don't see why you're voting Iris for claiming an easily proveable role (especially since it's relatively easier to decipher the scum/town intent in a Vig-Shot than in a Doc Protect)? I dunno, it just seems like FYPOV it'd make more sense to vote me considering your associative reads, but maybe I'm thinking too much into this.

Maybe it's because I'm biased towards myself (the greatest Mafia player of all time), but I don't really get your associative reads regarding me and Iris? Well, the rereading thing makes sense, because I tend not to read my scumbuddies because /effort. But like why would I not want her to claim yesterday if she was going to claim at the beginning of today anyways? It'd be pointless.

I will admit that I found iris's voteswitch unusual. For one it was basically near deadline which might have been a coincidence but it is interesting. It just feels like she voted phoenix01 when she realized that poly might actually be getting lynched. It just felt like a weird vibe.

That makes no sense, though. The other biggest wagon was FFM.

Also sorry for spamming up this day phase so far. Won't be making another post for a while anyways because I have to take a test, but when I do, it'll be amazing. Get hype.