Touhou Project 12: Undefined Fantastic Object Competition

ZemZem

Since everyone submitted their results well on time well before the deadline (and I'm afraid I won't get time later to put up the results), here's the conclusion for round 3:

Undefined Fantastic Object Round 3: MarisaA Results

1st Place: Proto - 437,296,670 points

2nd Place: Balcerzak - 423,798,540 points

3rd Place: Fera - 200,106,720 points

4th Place: Zak - 61,503,380 points

Proto: 14 -> 22

Balcerzak: 12 -> 18

Fera: 10 -> 14

Zak: 0

And now you all must work with the worst shot type in the game: MarisaB. Your replays are due on August 26, 2014. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Edited by ZM©

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting up round 4 results now so I have more time to work on my precalculus homework:

Undefined Fantastic Object Round 4: MarisaB Results

1st Place: Balcerzak - 298,313,460 points

2nd Place: Proto - 271,694,010 points

3rd Place: Fera - 228,651,000 points

4th Place: Zak - 12,711,450 points

Balcerzak: 18 -> 23

Proto: 22 -> 28

Fera: 14 -> 18

Zak: 0

Honestly Fera? Looks like Easy Modo is calling you to dominate it with scoring.

You will all now work with my second favorite shot type in the game: SanaeA. Your replays are due on September 2, 2014. Continuing having fun, gentlemen!

Honestly Fera? Looks like Easy Modo is calling you to dominate it with scoring.

NEVER

I WILL NEVER SULLY MY HANDS WITH EASYMODO

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME

I like how me and zak jumped from 400M to 200M when transitioning from MarisaA to MarisaB. Best shot type (imo) to the worst shot type.

Also, I actually had a higher score for MarisaB, but it was a non-clear so I submitted this one instead. Which was a good decision apparently, because zak submitted a non-clear and therefore gained less points for this round than me.

Yeah, I couldn't bring myself to submit a clear with a lower score, despite it being an objectively better decision. Probably similar to Fera's refusal to play on easy, I guess. Hard to explain. It made me no end of upset, and yeah, I was pretty angry with myself and the entire week of running trying to get a good score.

But consider this a gift to me since I 1cced Normal Modo. :<

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

fine

I'll consider it

I'll take nothing less than a perfect run because this is breaking my principles like crazy

Okay so ZM is having computer web trouble so he's asking yours truly to help. Ask and ye shall receive, I guess.

Undefined Fantastic Object Round 5: SanaeA Results

1st place: Balcerzak - 508439390 points

2nd place: Proto - 448277830

3rd place: Fera - 269017640

4th place: Zak- 105028400

Unranked place (would have been second): ZM- 455699490

Balcerzak: 23 -> 31

Proto: 28 -> 34

Fera: 18 -> 22

Zak: 0 -> 3

So there.

You gais so good <3

But yeah, see you next week. Same bat time, same bat channel.

Edited by Faraam

Happy Cirno Day, and the final round of the competition results are in:

Undefined Fantastic Object Round 6: SanaeB Results

1st Place: Balcerzak - 536,553,590 points

2nd Place: Proto - 497,463,860 points

3rd Place: Fera - 213,212,140 points

4th Place: Zak - 38,111,580 points

Unranked (Would've placed in 1st Place): ZM: 641,875,930 points

Balcerzak: 31 -> 39

Proto: 34 -> 40

Fera: 22 -> 26

Zak: 3

Fantastic showing, gentlemen. Be proud of yourselves for spending weeks of chasing after UFOs, dealing with falling raindrops, Unzan's fists of manliness, curvy lasers of doom, and more of what UFO has to offer. It's been an interesting competition to observe, and everyone did well, but the overall winner of the Touhou Project 12: Undefined Fantastic Object Competition is...

PROTO!

Congratulations!

As for myself, it was a pleasure watching everyone's progress in my favorite Touhou game. Again, you all did fantastic. Good show, good show.

Edited by Z.M.

Well fought. This goes out especially to Proto for edging out a 1 point victory on me. Maybe I should have settled for a shitty 1cc on Marisa B after all, lol.

Also, Fera being a man's man and doing the whole thing on Normal, kudos to you.

Zak, you've been nothing but a trooper throughout. Thanks for sticking to the end, and you've definitely shown great improvement. Just keep playing and practicing, that's the only way to get better.

This was actually a really intense competition! I actually think Bal should've won, because although I was beating Bal in the first few rounds, Bal quickly grew and definitely surpassed me in scoring skills. I'm actually curious about what score he got for his MarisaB clear, because he could have won if he submitted that, or at least tied with me. It was a really close competition nonetheless.

Fera doing everything on Normal was great! While me and Bal were busy refining our scoring skills, Fera was able to improve his dodging and survival skills to the extent of even capturing Vajra on Normal, which is really amazing! Likewise, Zak was also improving on UFO (on Easy instead of Normal) and was actually able to pull off a 1cc with SanaeA! I kinda hoped he would 1cc with SanaeB too, but eh, it's still impressive as it is!