Return of the Emblem Chapter Thirteen: Revelations

Phoenix

"Well... Alright. Do whatever you have to do." If she could still help the group as best as she could, then it wasn't an issue. She wasn't sure what she was going to be enduring, or how she'd get back there in a month's time, but this was her only lead. The pressure against her chest from just two fingers was a bit worrying, though. She's a vasili, so... She could be doing anything. I hope it really is bearable... No, it will be bearable. I can do this. I have already suffered. I just have to again. She closed her eyes and braced herself.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Angel of Death looked at Raquel, then looked at his sister. Then looked back at Raquel, then back at his sister. Then, he sighed.

"You should've spoken up earlier," Thanatos said.

(Sorry, work and new RP has been taking a lot of time and mental strain. I can handle the strain, just makes me forgetful at times.)

"I do not see the problem. In the wild animals eat what they can find. It does not matter, however, what I think you should feed him later. What matters is what he might be doing now. Can you think of anything else at all he might be doing?"

Concern

"It matters," Olga said, leaving that line of thought where it was. "He must be nosing around one of the other buildings ... or maybe in the stables," she mused aloud, trying to narrow down locations.

Unkind

"I thought you could handle it," Nemesis scowled at Thanatos, a hint of regret in her tone. She might have interjected sooner if she knew the counter arguments would focus so exclusively on trust issues, trust issues Raquel clearly didn't have, thanks to Morpheus' apparent honesty.

"I ..." Raquel stood there, both frozen and stumped. "I ... uh ... I don't know what ... to say to that." The thought had never once crossed her mind, but now that she was thinking about it, she realized just how little privacy she would actually have with Hypnos living inside of her mind. Nemesis' previous point had been winning her over already, but that had more or less cemented her new decision. She felt guilty about the new and sudden decision to have him stay with his family, but she knew she would be parroting Nemesis in a moment, explaining how she could visit him whenever she liked. Hopefully that would be enough ...

"Sister, you are ... most unkind," Morpheus said, his voice somber and resigned. He seemed to know he had lost this one.

"This concern seems familiar," Hypnos placed a hand on his chin.

It took a moment, but a small pulse, a wave of dark energy burst outward from Nyx's fingertips, racing over and through Amalia's entire body. When the wave of invisible energy passed, a pair of small aches remained where her wings ought to have been. There was a pressure, subtly pushing outward. There was no change one would notice simply by looking with the naked eye, but there was definitely something happening in that area, something most would consider uncomfortable. "Don't forget what you asked of me," Nyx gently reminded the avian, "and be certain to return to me in one month."

Erion suddenly smirked and started laughing even more. Oh man, she really would have no privacy. Even if... wow, the poor girl. Hope nothing like that happened in the two months he was around.

Amalia felt the pulse hit her, and the energy form into what it was... At the moment, something of an itching on her back, an itch that was pushing at her skin, just barely. It was definitely uncomfortable, but not something that she couldn't handle, at the moment. "I won't forget. I promise. I do have to ask, though... If I am late, by a day, or so... What will happen to me?" She didn't know quite how this whole experience was supposed to happen, as well as if she'd be able to come back here so easily within a month. If Raquel was part of the Emblem now, travel would probably be easy... Given they weren't too busy, at the time. Still, it was smart to ask, she felt.

"Ah... I'll t-take your word on that. Uhm... Is, there anything I can do to dull the pain? I can only assume... It will get worse, from here." It was still incredibly uncomfortable, though she hoped she wouldn't be hurting more than this... But who was she kidding?

"So... Find the right people. Alright." Amalia nodded, taking a step away from Nyx. "Thank you so much, Nyx... I... Hmm..." She smiled, albeit a sad one. "I don't suppose anyone would be able to fix my connection to the Goddess... Not that she would want me back, I believe. Heh, well... I'll head back with Erion and Raquel when they're finished their business. Thank you, again." She smiled through the pain, no melancholy attached, and bowed her head back down.

[spoiler=OoC (Last Post)]

Chapter 14 is going up sometime today so this will be my last post in Chapter 13. We'll pick up conversations and the like in Chapter 14, though they will be slightly TS'd forward. Just a heads up.

Ties

"No avian pursuing their own ends will be capable of restoring a broken connection to the goddess," Nyx said. "All of the avians that lost this connection had severed it themselves, through sheer willpower. There was something you each desired more than strict obedience to your goddess. Take comfort in the fact that she harbors no ill will toward any of you. She will not aid you for the time being, though. You're holding your lives firmly in your own hands. Just keep that in mind, Amalia ... and should you choose to uphold your end of our agreement, I'll see you in one month.

Next Stop

"If that's all he was doing I wouldn't be worried," Olga said as she opened the door from the mess hall and stepped out into the open air. "Hmm ... yeah I think we'll check the stables, next. Follow me."

Her Home

"We need as much information on our enemies as we can get," Anna replied, looking ahead at the house in the distance. "Gabriel, is it that one?" It was on the same street they were on, but plenty of other houses had been.

"That's the one," Gabriel smiled back at her.

"Then let's pick up the pace," she said.

Amalia had assumed that was the case. Which was fine, she was already getting her wings back, so she couldn't start complaining about not getting everything she wanted. "I won't forget. I've promised, so... I have to hold it up. No matter how painful this is. Thank you." She bowed, again, and made her way over to Erion.

Who seemed to be laughing? "Did something funny happen?" she asked, biting her lip a bit as her back pushed at itself.

Erion calmed down somewhat as Amalia approached. "Oh, you know. It's not every day you see a living emblem piece get embarrassed by something. Nemesis merely pointed something out to Raquel and it looks like Morpheus will no longer be an issue."

"I... Asked Nyx to give me back my wings, so... Ah... I-I'm going to be growing them back over the next month. It's... Fairly uncomfortable, right now. I was told to expect it to be... A bit more than uncomfortable." She held that smile, not wanting him to worry. She had to go through this to fix her mistake.

"I see." Erion sighed and shook his head. "You don't need to apologize, you're doing something that you think is right. I just... I don't like seeing anyone, especially lovely ladies such as yourself, in pain. Especially when there's nothing I can do about it, you know? Well unless they're trying to kill me."

"Hah... You're too kind, Erion." She smiled for real this time, nodding. "I will be alright. I think that, between you and Uriel, I will h-have enough positive company to survive... I don't know if you can help, but-- well... Nyx said that painkillers would help? This is a biological thing... I think... If not, I shall make due without, but it isn't going to hurt to ask anyone I can, at this point."

Erion smiled slightly as she smiled and nodded. "Well then, we'll simply have to find you the best painkillers we can. And perhaps your friend can help with some of the pain too. After all, he can heal. Perhaps there's something he can do to help with the pain that way."

"I do hope so. I've nnnever asked Uriel about his magic, so I don't know the specifics. I will do so first thing, once we return." All that mattered now was waiting for Raquel to give them the go ahead, and for them to all head off.