Fantasy Mafia - Cancelled

Sunwoo

There's no guarantee but prims did see he would be away until tomorrow and I will not see of him for an entire day, amazing. I don't want to vote park on someone not here. I guess I'd rather prof someone who might be around given he said nothing about leaving rather than someone who will not be around.

Anyway after thinking about it "semi serious" is a very noncommittal way to write something, Paper may be trying to avoid commitment to his statements.

Anyway I'm at my grandmothers, the coolest place to play mafia, so idk if I'll respond to anything for a bit.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that Weapons is scum because my gut tells me that if scum!weapons wanted to votepark on someone he'd pick someone who did something similar but wasn't at the center of attention (eclipse or SB come to mind)

why are we voting shinori now?

Vote Count 1.1

Shin (1): scorri

Paperblade (4): Cam, Marth, Mitsuki, Darros

Refa (2): Eurykins, Paper

Prims (1): eclipse

Mitsuki (3): Prims, Refa, Weapons

Weapons (3): Shin, j00, Shinori

Shinori (1): SB

Not voting: None

There are approximately 48 hours left in the phase. If the majority of players feel that an extension is required due to site downtime, speak up within the next 24 hours.

SB, I was seeing it as scum!bad, because there were several good reasons why he could have justified a vote on Mitsuki. The idea that Mitsuki's "trying to look town by being progressive so must be scummy" seems like an attempt to paint Mitsuki as scum rather than actually commenting on her content. I'm still not seeing Peanut's case on Paper, but I'm tired so I'll mafia some time tomorrow.

Rather than pointing out flaws, it's a more direct way to say that she's scum outright. I have a feeling town would be more open to analyzing content rather than "this am scum".

Shinori's just seems to be "Weapons is lazy, must be scum" which is pretty bad. His stuff on Refa is also really weird considering he's just posted an RVS vote on page 9 or something in past games and got called out on it so I find it weird that he would do it here? I don't get why Paper is supposed to be scummy for that either? Why should he have to justify his vote more than Prims when Prims had more content to work off of?

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

I said my points on refa are kind of null and void. Guess you partially skimmed over my posts that came after my first real post. And paper is scummy for it cause he said it was 'semi-serious' that means that there is something that he thought was scummy about Refa enough to legitimately warrant a vote on Refa. Yet nothing happened really that could have warranted a serious vote on Refa I feel, thus I want him to explain his thought process.

And my vote isn't just "Weapons is lazy." More like "Weapons is ignoring everything in the game." Not to mention that his actual vote on Mitsuki is really weak. The reasoning being that 'they are trying to score points for leaving RVS'.

I RETURN

Do you actually think Refa/Shin are buddies or are you just suspicious of Refa on his own?

I don't think Refa/Shin are buddies (well, maybe they are, I don't see any evidence one way or the other). The vote was semi-serious because the reason stated in the post was a joke, and also only semi because the reasoning is really bad but I had nothing better to do at the time. It's pretty much "Refa was paying attention to how many votes Shin had on him, which I don't do as town but would do as scum in order to see if I can 'accidentally' get a D1 RVS mislynch by having my team provide more jokevotes, maybe Refa is the same"

I also don't really like Refa's posts in the immediate aftermath of my post

Cam is also scummy

The best part was the person asking me if I actually thought Refa and Shin were scumbuddies

I also don't really understand why Shinori is calling my vote lazy? Like, I guess you could say that but nothing was happening at the time so taking the time to read that much into anyone's post is already more effort than I put into RVS of 99% of other games. Also please draw the connection between lazy and scum (SB already said this but srsly)

Okay it looks like Weapons is being wagon'd for a bad Mits vote, except I don't really think there's anything wrong with his Mits vote? Plenty of people have looked scummy before for TRYHARDING, that is, trying to do townie stuff but in a way that seems fake because you're trying so hard. I don't really think she is but I don't think Weapons' case is that bad?

Is that a chainsaw, Shin?

I don't think it was, I would agree that the case you made was very.. empty. I don't feel how Mit is trying to get towncred for leaving RVS, it doesn't feel like that way at all if you ask me. And it's all you're grasping to. I know you're on a phone but surely something else in the game stands out than just "Mitsuki is the scummiest".

I'm still not seeing Peanut's case on Paper, but I'm tired so I'll mafia some time tomorrow.

At this point Paper never really responded yet. It wasn't a hard case, I wanted to know why his vote was "semi serious" yet completely unexplained.

It's pretty much "Refa was paying attention to how many votes Shin had on him, which I don't do as town but would do as scum in order to see if I can 'accidentally' get a D1 RVS mislynch by having my team provide more jokevotes, maybe Refa is the same"

Well I mean there were a lot of Shin votes early on, I'd probably count them too if I thought someone was about to be lynched in the first two pages of the game. I don't think this is very strong.

Do you still think Refa is scummy?

I also don't really understand why Shinori is calling my vote lazy? Like, I guess you could say that but nothing was happening at the time so taking the time to read that much into anyone's post is already more effort than I put into RVS of 99% of other games. Also please draw the connection between lazy and scum (SB already said this but srsly)

Maybe lazy because you kind of transcended RVS when you declared it semi serious and never gave an explanation as to why.

I kind of don't like how Weapons is acting tbh.

##Unvote
##Vote: Weapons

Now that Paperblade has already posted: From what I recall from reading games and from what people say, Paperblade barely does anything when he is scum, so I thought that the vote change could come from scum!Paperblade being unable to come up with a decent reason to place a vote. I couldn't explain it to this extent because mentioning this would influence Paperblade's actions afterwards.
I knew my reasoning was very weak given the state of the game, but I also wanted to use the opportunity to see his reaction to my vote and judge from that.
That said, he's posted content right now and I see nothing wrong with it. Still, @Paperblade: could you elaborate on Refa?

Anyways, I'm not voting Weapons for a bad case. I'm voting him because I think his focus of attention (which is driven by way he thinks) is scummy. From what other people have said, the only point I agree with is by Shin in this post.

Is that a chainsaw, Shin?

I don't like this. I see how Shin's vote could be interpreted as a chainsaw defense, but Weapons doesn't think Shin is scum (implied here). Why would he make such a comment, then? It reads like scum throwing dirt at someone else for others to see without having actual reasoning behind it, and as an attempt to discredit Shin's case on him.
If Weapons is scum Shin is probably town. I don't think scum would try to paint their scumbuddies as scummy like that, it doesn't seem like bussing.

Eclipse wasn't trying to end RVS though. She read more like commenting on RVS business, while Mitsuki read like she was trying to end it.

I don't really know what to say on this other than I never thought about looking a certain way, what I wanted was to get reads.
Also, since I have to meet family from now to then (they randomly phone and then I have to go in like an hour) I figured I should try to do something earlier on if I could.

The first post that bugged me was his response to your vote on me. It felt like a really bad vote since I didn't see anything wrong with it, and everything since then is pretty empty and he's got like no reads despite posting a fair amount

I'm kind of busy at the moment, so the best I can do is a quick read and some replies. Sorry.

I wrote my reasoning behind my Paperblade vote before Paperblade said his vote was semi-serious, but I realised I was cut before posting. Since it still seems like a RVS vote to me I left my vote as it was.

I don't like Weapons' vote. There were other people who were trying to do stuff before, and he doesn't explain how I'm different from them. I think it's scummy because he chose to place his vote on a growing wagon when the same reasoning could be applied to other people.

Fair enough on your first point. You still didn't explain why Paperblade doing so was scummy.

The defense "other people did it, so why shouldn't I" is pretty bad, actually (especially considering there's more than one scum so how does it even add up really). Also you yourself placed a vote on a growing wagon (Paperblade) when the same reasoning could be applied to other people (Prims), so you calling out Weapons for this is kind of...I don't want to say hypocritical, but maybe double standards or something idk.

Darros strikes me as confused town ATM. Like I don't really agree with any of his cases but he seems to be making an active effort to interact with other people and do things so yeah. Only thing that bothers me is his unvote, especially considering Prims said he was busy before Darros even made his vote (and yeah, Paperblade might fall under the same wagon; I don't actually know if he's busy but w/e); if that really was his reason for unvoting, why even make the vote in the first place?

Yeah, Weapons votes suck. This isn't really because I'm reading him as town (I don't have a read on him because I can't even remember anything he's done besides sheep OBVIOUS TOWN) but moreso because they're just lazy. OK people casing Weapons, where is the scum intent in his posts? Not sure about Shin being scummy for this since I can see him making a similar vote as town (uh...no offense, Shin) but j00's vote does; she's basically looking for issues in his posts but not explaining why they're scummy or why she's voting for him. Shinori/Mitsuki also voted him, but can't talk about them now gotta go will do so later bye.