Fantasy Mafia - Cancelled

Sunwoo

I think Darros is scum going for last second wifom at this point, considering his reads are completely out of nowhere and his tone just feels really off to me?

j00 is probably town as this point just based on deadline posts so yeah.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like the meta makes sense scorris posting style is like the same as when I was scum with her in Doomsday Clock

No, my posting style is the same as all my games lately, scum or not. Aka "busy and apathetic"

Eh, I don't see how Darros is scum WIFOMing? I think scum Darros would have already given up

I could have seen town!j00 for a while (wanted to confirm it when he self voted, that's why I said that people should consider other wagons) but I don't like how he voted Darros when he said all the stuff about voting himself before. I'd have tried to get a lynch on my counterwagon before thinking about lynching myself, and how priorities went in reverse looks like he was faking the whole thing to WIFOM votes on him.

Eh, I don't see how Darros is scum WIFOMing? I think scum Darros would have already given up

I could have seen town!j00 for a while (wanted to confirm it when he self voted, that's why I said that people should consider other wagons) but I don't like how he voted Darros when he said all the stuff about voting himself before. I'd have tried to get a lynch on my counterwagon before thinking about lynching myself, and how priorities went in reverse looks like he was faking the whole thing to WIFOM votes on him.

From what I saw of the j00 stuff, j00 was saying that they'd lynch themself before they let a no lynch happen, which is vastly different than lynching someone else that they don't know the alignment of as opposed to lynching themselves who they do know the alignment of.

Right, like... It's almost always better to have a lynch than not a lynch due to gaining information. However, it's also always better to have a lynch that, fypov, is not a confirmed town (if you're town) lynch. So if I knew that the only person who could possibly get lynched today was me, I would help lynch myself because it would be better for people to know that I was town as opposed to knowing nothing. However, if it was between me and SB lets say, I would be infinitely more willing to lynch SB since I don't know he's town and I do know that I'm town.

there's also the fact that I think having to selfvote to even secure a lynch just because not enough people care is pretty pathetic

anyways I'm off to bed, you'll have to fix a lynch without my selfvote

eh I don't think Scorri understands what I mean, I said that I don't think that j00 ever intended to selfvote, and right now it's so obvious he's scum not caring about the lynch once they've secured that they're not going to be lynched

... And I still think you're making lots of assumptions? Like, you can't know if j00 intended to self vote or not and the whole going to be thing could be because it's almost 1 AM for them? Dunno about you, but I've ditched mafia for sleep before. Honestly, if anything, I'd think scum was more likely to stay around and make sure no last minute change happened. Basically, to me, it seems like you've just decided that j00 is scum and so you're twisting everything they do to fit that view.

@Scorri: No? j00 made it pretty clear that he wanted to self hammer, ok. Why would he vote someone else afterwards when he's said that before? Also ok, I get that you may want to sleep or whatever but going from caring to not caring at all about a lynch happening? No. j00 has been faking wanting to secure the lynch to get the lynch off of him.

Convinced that Robin was with their enemy, you all close in on him. But then, he throws up a blinding shield of light. By the time your vision clears up, he has disappeared.

Dear Darros,

You are Robin. You’re extremely logical and highly composed during a crisis, but you cannot handle other people. A loner by nature, you have few close friends and prefer to keep to yourself instead. You have a strong passion for learning and a desire to further your knowledge in all areas.

Due to your near mastery of magic, you are able to surround yourself with a shield that randomly deflects all non-fatal actions targeting you at all times. However, your shield is not powerful enough to protect you from kills.

You are aligned with the Ensemble. You win when all threats have been eliminated.

It is now N2. N2 ends on August 28, 3:50 PM PST.

IMPORTANT MOD NOTE:

I am getting the impression that no one is enjoying this game or wants to play it anymore. If that is the case, I am going to call the game off. During this night phase, all living players should PM me with their ABSOLUTE HONEST opinion about whether they want to continue to game or not. If you have even the slightest doubts about your motivation or interest, then reply in the negative. If less than 50% of living players do not have the motivation or enjoyment to continue playing, I am canceling this game.

I KEEP TRYING TO POST BUT THEN PLAYING EPICMAFIA INSTEAD

4. Paper (TOWN)

Even though he says he's demotivated, he's still being more proactive than he usually is as scum and nothing here really sticks out to me as scummy.

13. j00 (TOWN)

I don't think she would lie down and die without claiming as scum. Even if she was resigning herself to being lynched she could've claimed doc or something to try and stall it rather than just taking it lying down.

5. Refa (TOWN)

Nothing has really changed here. I think Refa's play has been townie and he probably wouldn't have had the motivation to keep posting when half the game was inactive if he was scum.

15. Baldrick (TOWN)

Didn't really have a read on Weapons' slot but Baldrick's posts have been good so far and I thought his Mitsuki case was really good. I also don't feel like what Weapons claimed is likely to come from scum and it's pretty provable, so yeah.

8. Prims (NULLTOWN)

Decided my reasons for kind of scumreading him from before were kind of shit (it was a weak read anyway, but yeah), and when he actually showed up to play his content was okay. He's super townie but he's better than a lot of others.

10. Eury (NULLTOWN)

After actually reading Eury's wall I thought that her post was fine, but she's just kind of... not here. She's mostly leaning town because of gut and because her content when she's here is better than the others struggling with activity.

1. Shin (NULL)

I thought Shin was town for the reasons I said last night but now he's just kind of dropped off the face of the game completely and I'm kind of paranoid about it. I can see him being scum slipping under the radar but other people are more guilty of this, so.

11. eclipse (NULLSCUM)

I was good with eclipse before but now she's just really unmemorable. She was posting and stuff Day 2 but really I couldn't remember anything she did but press j00? Looking back she didn't really have any other strong reads, so I'd like her to pick it up tomorrow.

14. scorri (SCUM)

I didn't really read into scorri much before but it feels like her posts are trying to look as if they're pro-actively helping the town but she never really commits to anything (see: Prims is probably town BUT THIS IS ODD) which kind of reads like trying to squeeze out of PoE? Also her "Darros is scummy I guess" post is pretty obviously bad but also because she didn't seem to care about looking at j00 who was the other wagon?

6. Cam (SCUM)

I still think Cam is scummy for coasting and I'm pretty sure he's aware of his meta enough to know if he can get away with it as scum. He was apathetic in SMT and he still ended up putting in more effort than he did here.

7. Mitsuki (SCUM)

The point that she spent too long voteparking Weapons is still there and her Day 1 posts feel like, really formulated? Like, it feels like half the time she says something, then clarifies what it means in the next sentence (just saying the read on a person) rather than her posts flowing naturally. It feels like she's trying to have strong stances on people but fails at it. Her Darros read also kind of shifted after the persuade came into play and she started defending him kind of weakly once he became a serious lynch candidate but didn't seem to try very hard besides "can we lynch j00 instead" comments. Also Baldrick's case on her was really good, so.

Towniest read is at the top, scummiest is at the bottom.

All right, at this point I've received an opinion from everyone still alive in the game about the state of their motivation. And from the looks of things, it seems as if more than 50% of people do NOT want to continue the game or have the motivation to do so. 2/5 of the players who wanted to continue the game for sure are also in SFMM4, which I believe would be a higher priority than Fantasy, and the greater majority of people are just unmotivated to play.

I don't want people to feel forced to continue with the game just because it's going on, and I don't have enough subs to replace all of those people. (Plus, it sort of defeats the point of making the game invitational in the first place.) I wish I didn't have to cancel the game, but at this point not enough people care and site being down for a significant portion of D1 also really hurt this game. I don't think it can be salvaged at this point, so I'm calling it off.

My apologies to all the players for this terrible excuse of a game.

Sorry about that. I wish I could quit uni and become a professional mafia player but it wouldn't be a very optimal career path :/

Well, at least now I don't have to worry about how to push SB and Refa. Nobody voting Shin all day made me think the suader was probably scum, so Mitsuki was probably town (a gambit is possible, but willing to give her botd for now).