FE8 Intro Movie Music

Brendor

The byte at 0xC6DD4 determines what song to play during the intro movie before the title screen(the default being 1) so if you want to change the music played open up a hex editor and replace the 1 there with your preferred song ID. I found it while looking for something else and it's 3:30 in the morning. Have fun

I'm trying to find where all the hardcoded music values are loaded from because I vaguely remember seeing that only song values above 0x7F can play all 8 tracks simultaneously (actually might've been just for 7)

Anyways the movie is the only hardcoded value I found so far, I've been using a shitty custom routine to change the values before they get stored but if anybody wants it I can post it. Funny title screen and game over shenanigans and what not

I'm trying to find where all the hardcoded music values are loaded from because I vaguely remember seeing that only song values above 0x7F can play all 8 tracks simultaneously (actually might've been just for 7)

Anyways the movie is the only hardcoded value I found so far, I've been using a shitty custom routine to change the values before they get stored but if anybody wants it I can post it. Funny title screen and game over shenanigans and what not

It was probably me that said that.

Probably
So the title screen *can* play all 8 tracks ? Well then I should still look around for the other hardcoded songs
The game treats these hardcoded songs very strangely; the game loads the ID from the ROM data and stores it into the RAM them loads it from the RAM and places a 0 in it's place. I could understand a little if they were all stored at the same address but no they're stored in very different areas like wtf

Edited by Brendor