TheMoniker plays Elibian Nights

TheMoniker

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which tales should we do sooner rather than later?

• Eliwood: Lost Resolve
    • Lyn: Homecoming
    • Hector: A Leader?s Trials
    • Raven: Undying Vengeance
    • Jerrot(the halberdier): Ilia?s Young Commander
    • Legault: Ivory Flower of Light
    • Karel: From Demon to Saint
    • Pent: The Archsage?s Pupil

ccpSmDh.png

I welcome you all to...

3xotRNb.png

ELIBIAN NIGHTS!

Original topic can be found here. Go play it. Seriously, you really should.

What is Elibian Nights, you ask?

Elibian Nights is a massive collaboration project by TONS of hackers that has been going on for a few years now, and is, at last at last AT LAST, FINISHED! That's right, it's finished! All the levels are there! However, there are still many bugs to be fixed, and there may be a few special things added far in the future, but for now, everything is there!

But seriously, what ACTUALLY IS Elibian Nights, you ask?

Elibian Nights is a fan-made sequel to FE7, and it take places in between the events of FE7 and FE6, showing the adventures and struggles of the characters after the war they took part in. It is extremely ambitious technologically, but unlike most, it SUCCEEDED in all that ambition! The game barely even resembles normal FE7 in some parts anymore! It also uses characters that were once asides in FE7, like commanders mentioned solely in supports suddenly coming around to help in gameplay!

A FEW THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS LP:

I WILL be transcribing dialogue. This hack just doesn't work without the story.

I WILL try to show off as many things as I can, but I CAN NOT show off everything, because that would be insane. There are three different difficulty modes, and while I'm not sure how they work, playing each tale three times would take a while. Not to mention collecting the start/end tale dialogue for all the different pairing combinations... There are achievements and bonus content as well, and I would like to get all of those, but I can't!

I WOULD show off growths, IF I can get a sheet that actually shows the growths for the characters! If any of you know where one exists, could you show it to me?

This IS NOT a completely blind run, as I did play the previous versions, but...please, no spoilers for the new stuff! I want to experience it firsthand!

So then, let's start!

3IXg8yQ.pngFXZiWKY.png

Arch has added PLENTY of new soundtracks, but we can't enjoy them here, because of the eternal black screen. Ah well.

qbxRG23.png

Okay, for real this time...

SDwrLV7.png

The game just uses a default even if you don't create one, so we are going to make one...

wTW3q7X.png

Oh? Hmmm...

qNEcDhD.png

I will be playing as my female alter-ego MONIKA! Note that my alter-ego is kind of a jerk, and totally isn't me, which explains all the things I SHE does.

I also want to see how things change with a female character.

jefNpCO.png1N4GmGN.pngPfGAAWh.png

We're starting by recapping FE7...

Narration: Together, they scoured Lycia for clues.

XOqYmTJ.png

N: princess of Caelin who grew up in Sacae, they finally found a lead. What they uncovered was a conspiracy far greater than any of them could imagine.

pI6A8YQ.png

N: He sought to conquer Lycia and pry its throne from the hands of Marquess Ostia. However, Darin himself was merely a pawn in an even grander scheme.

MUAPLzX.png

N: to call forth a dragon from another realm to absorb its powers for himself.

oXn5i3d.png

iZ5ttkD.pngierX3r5.png6dEoITD.png

Hey...what if this is actually a sequel to FE7 Chaos Mode?

...Just a thought.

N: the power to defeat Nergal.

0Npj9zb.png

N: They put an end to his madness and slew the raging dragon he had summoned, saving Elibe from its impending demise.

ivFvGCL.png2RWrJ1I.png

Oh hey, there actually is a different female protagonist portrait!

My female-alter ego is also really young, and still totally not me.

Storyteller: Err, yes? I just finished reading “The Blazing Sword.” Was it not to your liking?

Ah, so SHE was the one doing the recapping!

Little girl: It was incredibly boring.

Storyteller: Boring!? That’s one of the great Elibian epics!

Little girl: Yes, and I’ve heard it told at least a thousand times! Guards! Get this boring storyteller out of my sight!

Storyteller: Wait, Princess Monika! Please! I have others! What about “Genealogy of the Holy War!?”

HvUqcwM.png

Monika: Yes! I want you to take care of this boring storyteller!

Moniminion: Understood. Would you like us to bring the next two in?

Monika: Yes. Hopefully they aren’t so stupid.

Storyteller: Augh! Unhand me!

5jumLix.png8DrfToZ.pngGn8f1qW.png

So yeah, they just...THROW some storytellers in here. The political situation in this kingdom might be interesting, but we don't learn anything about it, and it isn't what the hack is about anyway.

JEB3Bvj.png

Armor-eyes: Is that what we were captured for?

Monika: My daddy, the King, has his soldiers capture all of the great storytellers to entertain me. You’re my new entertainment!

White guy: Er… “New” entertainment? What happened to the old entertainment?

Monika: Whenever a storyteller tells me a boring story, I just call in the guard. He makes sure that they can never bore me again.

No need to sound so ominous...

Armor-eyes: Ah. Delightful.

White guy: Well, that shouldn’t be a problem for us, Dane.

fE043VQ.png

That's PRINCESS to you!

White guy: The land of Elibe… A world whose history is rich, and whose stories are richer!

Monika: Yet another Elibian thing? Boring!

Dane: But we assure you, it’s far from boring! The book is called the “Elibian Nights”! I promise that it’ll be a fresh experience!

Monika: Hey, Dane, why do you wear armor on your eyes? Tell me that story!

Once again. This girl is not me.

Dane: Umm… What about those tales from Elibe?

Monika: I wanna know about your eye armor!

White guy: Princess Monika, we were brought here to tell you stories. Let’s not waste any time! We’ve many fantastic tales to share with you.

Monika: Alright, I’ll listen to your “Elibian Nights”. But they’d best not bore me, or else I’ll call the guard!

Dane: We’ll keep that in mind…

You know, this scene becomes totally different if you really put yourself in the place of the prince/princess-you've gotten bored with all those other boring hacks, but THIS one won't bore you! Otherwise, you'll stop playing and bring in the next one...

But I'm probably reading too deep into it.

END DIALOGUE

8rnFeCk.png

Credits. Boring! Let's skip them!

Nah, kidding, I'll show 'em.

ixnB0GF.png

6zU9MbO.png

vz5ZRIv.png

eWYV3Zt.png

I8vvpRl.png

qYowrq6.png

Lbeoeqo.png

IyEtSPU.png

Did you think I was lying when I said lots of people worked on this?

KBmHDUg.png

Oh, I will.

aBp49b3.png01EuqdQ.png

Yup, a hub level, where we can select other levels/tales to play!

oy0PSS6.png7x1BtUD.png

Note: The Paladin is not actually Jacob.

sIi2EEi.pngdMJKYRL.png

Extra scenes and shipping! This hack has so many things!

r9bKnje.png

3RBqbtP.png

So yup, here's the tale select!

F94bTbf.png

We're kind of wimpy, but we have boss move.

kYV4l3S.pngDCymr1D.png

"a distant land of no real importance". That should tell you all you need to know about the framing device.

hBtmGG7.png2fpOciJ.png

The paladin is actually Arch! My self-insert is way better than his though. These guys have stats, but they don't really matter. Also, note that the usage of the fourth team isn't "real"-they're just recolored red units.

hTzBtNq.pngXZySzFi.png

This is the storyteller they threw out, but brought back so Monika could make her change the romantic pairings in Arch and Dane's stories. I see this princess is getting into romance stories at a rather young age...

yTzeSr4.png1YfQVNl.png

Dane is just here. We STILL don't know how he got that eye-armor...

rj5L4lY.png

Here's how this works. You walk to a person, and talk to them...

gg5yfLf.png

And then you select whether or not to play their tale! Simple!

fBgljLH.png

If you end turn here, it just goes straight to player phase, which is actually really convenient.

The tales are:

Eliwood: Lost Resolve

Lyn: Homecoming

Hector: A Leader’s Trials

Raven: Undying Vengeance

Jerrot(the halberdier): Ilia’s Young Commander

Legault: Ivory Flower of Light

Karel: From Demon to Saint

Pent: The Archsage’s Pupil

So select the one you want in the poll!

MMyd2FT.png

Okay, that's all for now! See you guys in a few days, when I do the first tale! Or maybe before then, as I pore over achievement menus and matchmaking options.

HERE'S HOW THE POLL WORKS! You select the tales you want, and I play whatever tale is in the lead at the time! I'll remove options from the poll as I play the tales, and add new options as I unlock more tales! I'll wait a few days before starting to give you guys adequate voting time, and it may also give time for some of the many bugs in the current release to be identified. I don't want to be the first to stumble upon a game-breaking bug... although maybe I have too little faith in Arch here. He did have lots of beta testers, after all.

Also, a quick question: I don't know how to turn on the various modes. Do I need to beat tales before I unlock Hard Mode/Regalia Mode?

Edited by Tangerine

personally i'd wait until all the bugs are done and features are added, sure it is playable but not without some stuff.

Legault's tale is a prime example of this, thus i voted for it

EDIT: after reading arch's latest post about updating until 2015, i really do recommend waiting until then

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

So everyone, I have an announcement: The start of this LP is on hold until 2015. After reading Arch's post, I think I will wait. There are so MANY bugs right now, plus matchmaker is down, and one of the tales is missing...I'm gonna wait it out.

I went ahead and got the achievements list, though. And some other stuff:

3ejcTFf.png

If you try to do some shipping...

NJk6Wf0.png

Then that happens. And nothing else. Arch implores of you to understand, and that's all he does. I'm not sure how to interpret it, honestly...

MuZYOfo.pnga4jvRtv.png

Achievements work fine, though.

IYv8tlp.png

Here's the achievement list. It's a collection of units, and they turn from grey to green as you collect their respective achievements. At least, that's how it's supposed to work. It might not do that in this version.

HERE ARE THE ACHIEVEMENTS, WITH DESCRIPTION:

The Three Amigos: Find the trio scattered from the “Tree of Life”.

Looking for Love: When you’re looking for love, talking to ‘em all couldn’t hurt.

Basiliskglance: A dangerous foe lurks, hidden in a tower…

Emblemologist: In a place men dread hide three artifacts from other worlds.

Angel of Life: Death’s harbinger shall protect the noble heads.

Never Say Die: Even when faced with legions you must never give in!

Demonic Streak: Nothing can stop the demon’s streak. Not even the plot.

Masterful Ministrel: Like a bard, share every tale of Elibian Nights.

The Last Reed: Rescue the fang using only a member of the Reed family.

Dastards: They may be tougher than normal. Emerge victorious regardless!

Baby, Talk to Me: A long-standing conflict is unresolved. Talk it through.

Jumping the Shark: If we kill the chief before his men arrive… What happens?

Trororo: Loot all of the cave’s trolling treasure.

Traitorous Swine: We don’t accept help from a man who has been colored red thrice.

King of Secrets: Return the loving King to his castle.

You know what, maybe I WILL try to collect them all. Most of the easter eggs in this hack have an achievement, so it'll be a great way to show stuff off!

pByZH5Z.png

Some of the units around have their own portraits and stats, albeit weird ones. It would take too long to show them off, unfortunately...

mpD3ovH.png

Yup, definitely can't access matchmaker.

Y5j3Bdm.png

Here is the bonus content menu, and, uh...

CvxDBtR.png

Trust me guys, it is NOT all supposed to be unlocked from the start. Looks like its another bug that needs fixing!

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah, I probably should have said this earlier, but this LP has to go on hiatus. The full, bug-fixed release of EN isn't coming out for a while, and I don't want to do the LP while the game is still in the messy state it's in. Until the patch comes out, the LP won't continue. It isn't abandoned, just delayed. Thought I'd clear this up, as I haven't made a statement on this thread yet.

• 3 weeks later...