New 3DS Fire Emblem game

Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, that painting. I'm not sure what to think. Maybe a historical battle between East and West in the past which is used as an excuse for further conflict?

I'm gonna be the guy who is going to say that if it would be historically accurate equipment, west would win.

On topic, yeah it would be interesting as long as it's well made, and as long as one side, even the leaders, aren't just evil because one as to be evil. Again, hoping for at least decent writing.

Indeed, I caught a shot of them in mid zoom when going through it earlier.

image2.png?w=801&h=446

I assume its a dance for an audience. Perhaps a dance signifying something that has to do with that history.

Maybe a anniversary of the war? 100 years of peace, or maybe the king's country was the winner, and they want to celebrate winning. The foot blade unit faction could be a resistance movement or something like that.

So excited for this game!

It seems to both build off of Awakening and depart from it entirely. It really feels different from any other FE to me.

Dancer girl reminds me of Ninian and Micaiah, so I'm expecting her to be central to the plot and have some sort of magic/divine powers.

The Japanese name is interesting, and I'm convinced everyone is right in assuming there will be branching paths and/or multiple storylines.

I hope we don't have to wait too long for more info and a release date!

Nintendo will rightly use this game to build hype for the E3 presence, so we're sure to get updates via Nintendo Directs between now and then. It won't disappear from radar as SMTxFE has. Between this, the Amiibos, and the FE characters in Smash Bros. and Codename STEAM, Nintendo obviously believes in the series once again.

And let me be amongst the first to say THANK GOD I didn't shell out the money for the inflated Marth Amiibo prices when he disappeared so quickly.

Maybe a anniversary of the war? 100 years of peace, or maybe the king's country was the winner, and they want to celebrate winning. The foot blade unit faction could be a resistance movement or something like that.

Indeed, I was thinking it would be along these lines.

So excited for this game!

It seems to both build off of Awakening and depart from it entirely. It really feels different from any other FE to me.

Dancer girl reminds me of Ninian and Micaiah, so I'm expecting her to be central to the plot and have some sort of magic/divine powers.

The Japanese name is interesting, and I'm convinced everyone is right in assuming there will be branching paths and/or multiple storylines.

I hope we don't have to wait too long for more info and a release date!

Ninian was my first thought as well.

I wonder if the zooming into the eye implies she may be able to "see" other paths, either taken or not taken. That would cross gameplay mechanics with the story, too.

Alright, quick theory: we play from Kamui's POV (who might as well be the new Avatar). Start on the west side (see maids and being called Lord), stuff happens, and then choose sides between staying with the 'West' side or join the 'East' who are likely rebels.

Alright, quick theory: we play from Kamui's POV (who might as well be the new Avatar). Start on the west side (see maids and being called Lord), stuff happens, and then choose sides between staying with the 'West' side or join the 'East' who are likely rebels.

sounds plausible...

Ninian was my first thought as well.

I wonder if the zooming into the eye implies she may be able to "see" other paths, either taken or not taken. That would cross gameplay mechanics with the story, too.

Interesting! That makes me think of Radiant Historia. That game basically allowed you to travel about the timeline so you could go back to previous events and redo them differently to open new paths along the story and change how the story developed. FFXIII-2 did that as well. If this game did something like this they could have different map objectives that vary in difficulty and open different chapters, as well as making player choices actually matter.

Although this may be reaching a bit far just based on the one trailer haha

Actually, thinking about it more, adding on to this, I think there'll be a "true" ending where the two sides put aside their differences and fight against the monsters and that manakete (unless that's a good guy, it DID have good guy colors)

Edited by Alastor15243

Interesting! That makes me think of Radiant Historia. That game basically allowed you to travel about the timeline so you could go back to previous events and redo them differently to open new paths along the story and change how the story developed. FFXIII-2 did that as well. If this game did something like this they could have different map objectives that vary in difficulty and open different chapters, as well as making player choices actually matter.

Although this may be reaching a bit far just based on the one trailer haha

I loved Radiant Historia. : ) I have fond memories of it. That would be quite the way to go. Imagine if it got as specific as who you support makes a difference on where you go.

That would be a very intricate mechanic...

Yes, one simple trailer will make imagination run wild. XD We'll try not to build up too much or else may get disappointed!

Regardless with the game as Summer 2015 for Japan, won't be too long to know what is what. : )

Edited by Kirokan

I did saw in the trailer that there was a rock monster that have a Zeus-like face that really surprised me, but I just wondered what kind of creature possibly be one of the new monsters or possibly be from a new species. Even, in the begging of the trailer that I did heard it had those Japanese-like drums beating before the fight began and I also wondered what happened to the area that was shown in the trailer that it looks like its the world got shattered and looks like its floating out of no where.

And also, I did have seen the new light blue haired girl that her face really looks more like Lucina when I saw it and I wondered that who is the Samurai looking guy that Max is facing? And even that, I wondered what was that mysterious person that was looking like he/she is torturing to the light blue haired girl that was mysteriously disappeared.

I did saw in the trailer that there was a rock monster that have a Zeus-like face that really surprised me, but I just wondered what kind of creature possibly be one of the new monsters or possibly be from a new species. Even, in the begging of the trailer that I did heard it had those Japanese-like drums beating before the fight began and I also wondered what happened to the area that was shown in the trailer that it looks like its the world got shattered and looks like its floating out of no where.

And also, I did have seen the new light blue haired girl that her face really looks more like Lucina when I saw it and I wondered that who is the Samurai looking guy that Max is facing? And even that, I wondered what was that mysterious person that was looking like he/she is torturing to the light blue haired girl that was mysteriously disappeared.

Yeah I noticed that monster too, reminded me of Shin Megami Tensei art to be quite honest.

Ah, I see! Thanks for this.

Indeed, Rinka. Using a 青銅の金棒 (Seidou no Kanabou... Bronze Metal Rod?) Seems to fit the sprite too. A new weapon, perhaps?

It's basically a Bronze Mace, but I guess it's okay to keep calling it Kanabou because I have the feeling is gonna be the Eastern-like Faction's equivalent to Axes just like they carry Katanas instead of Swords and have Naginatas replacing Lances...

It's basically a Bronze Mace, but I guess it's okay to keep calling it Kanabou because I have the feeling is gonna be the Eastern-like Faction's equivalent to Axes just like they carry Katanas instead of Swords and have Naginatas replacing Lances...

So, what, do they have scrolls replacing tomes? Did we see enough of magic to be able to tell?

But this also has implications for the MU. If they have second seals in this game, I wonder if (s)he has access to the classes of both groups, or can at least use WEAPONS from both groups. Otherwise if (s)he joined the rebels, it'd be tricky keeping him/her armed.

Edited by Alastor15243

There were magic fans, maybe they are the tome replacement. I also want reclassing back. I know it's unpopular, but it meant I could keep playing for longer without my characters becoming maxed.

So, what, do they have scrolls replacing tomes? Did we see enough of magic to be able to tell?

But this also has implications for the MU. If they have second seals in this game, I wonder if (s)he has access to the classes of both groups, or can at least use WEAPONS from both groups. Otherwise if (s)he joined the rebels, it'd be tricky keeping him/her armed.

They kinda looked like a bunch of Ofuda (Paper Talismans) held like a Fan...

Anyways, there's nothing that points out yet that the weapons are exclusive to the factions so it could be like a revival of what IS tried to do back in Radiant Dawn with Blades, Greatlances and Poleaxes: two progressive lines of ranked weapon for each type.

since it was in the North American direct I think a localization is pretty much confirmed

it would be really stupid/people would actually riot if they didn't localize it

that's what I think anyway

Edited by Trails in the Blaze

since it was in the North American direct I think a localization is pretty much confirmed

it would be really stupid/people would actually riot if they didn't localize it

that's what I think anyway

European Nintendo Direct too. Basically it was in the international section of the Direct, before Iwata passed the torch to the regional representatives.

Only question is "when?" really. Pls 2015