Playing Card Motif

Respite&Nepenthe

That could be it. I never thought of that, though I don't see how they could assign certain suits to certain factions. If that's the meaning or if it holds some deeper meaning even, I'd be very interested.

Perhaps it's purely aesthetic, but these symbols appeared a great deal throughout the trailer, and it seems unlikely that it would hold NO meaning...

In the trailer, the shields and armor, mostly at the beginning, are adorned with what appears to be clubs.

I'm not sure if I miss anything, but the club is the only thing missing from the trailer. All other symbols were present.

One theory put out by the Gamexplain video was that the card motif soldiers would represent the "good" western army and the Dark Night soliders would be a third faction of "evil" soldiers, possibly both western and eastern or just western.

Due to the vague image in the trailer, I can be completely wrong on this (so don't spread this around as a confirmed fact please!), but I think one of the crests shown on the dragon's outfit actually has a spade or club symbol on it.

fEMuiaR.png

If you tilt your head for 45 degree to the right, you can see that the zoomed symbol kinds of resemble either a spade or a club. This is the clearest frame I could get.

I darkened it a bit in Photoshop for convenience:

kXsNaEe.png

Due to the vague image in the trailer, I can be completely wrong on this (so don't spread this around as a confirmed fact please!), but I think one of the crests shown on the dragon's outfit actually has a spade or club symbol on it.

fEMuiaR.png

If you tilt your head for 45 degree to the right, you can see that the zoomed symbol kinds of resemble either a spade or a club. This is the clearest frame I could get.

The circle around the pattern makes it look closer to the insignia used by the eastern forces. It might even be the flower patern the dancer is wearing. Considering the scene of the dancer falling into the water while getting choked by the dragon thing is most like purely metaphorical, she could very well be getting choked by an alter-ego version of herself.

Does that sound too farfetched? A few things make me think this. The bands on the "dragon's" clothing resemble the dancer's and the dancer is wearing an alternate coloring of her standard outfit. Alternate color outfits are sometimes used to denote split personas such as Ichigo and his inner hollow form. Furthermore, the fact she doesn't resist getting choked could imply that whatever is choking her is something she wouldn't bring herself to fight, be it an ally or herself.

Sorry if this sounds like a thread derail but your analysis got me thinking :P