Lunatic+ Speedrun guide/log

Vesly

Hello, this is just some information on how to do a speed run on Lunatic+. I've done it a couple different ways on classic each time, but you could do it on casual if you don't want to kill off your characters.

You can get through every chapter in the game with just Chrom and the Avatar using a nosferatu tome. This is much faster and much easier than an army of rangers which is boring. Occasionally you'll get a game over, but no biggie. Real time it's about 3 hours typically. Ingame time is (so far for me) as low as 1:48:46 to Grima. Grima takes about 3 minutes ingame time to kill.

30ckO5U.jpg

The plan:

Robin: Tactician -> (Mercenary) -> Dark mage -> Sorcerer -> Sorcerer

Chrom: Lord -> Great Lord

Limits:

Renown up to Second Seal (100)

No Barracks

No Anna sellers

Event tile items can only be sold, not used.

No DLC

Bonus box team summons to buy the following items: Silver sword, Levin sword x3-4, Wyrmslayer, Nosferatu x6-16, Mire

Forging is fine

No bonus box items nonsense

No logbook / recruiting characters

The first chapters up to 4 don't matter too much in your approach, as long as you level up the avatar decently. After chapter 4/8 (dependent on approach) the rest of the game is super easy.

FEMALE

For the faster but more difficult route you must get C rank in swords by chapter 4. That isn't that difficult, but keep it in mind. Also note that money is tight early on, so your suicidal army should pass their weapons on before they die.

Ch -1 (2 Turns)

Combat Off - LEFT
Other Off - LEFT
Game Fast - LEFT
-- (Down 3)
--
Skip All - LEFT
-- (Down 8)
Cursor On - LEFT

Pair up and silver sword the baddie.

Ch. 0 (50 turns)

Reset if mage beside boss has Luna unless it's 16 mage.

Fred goes 3N Chrom and kills myrm.

Chrom goes 1E Robin and equips rapier.

Lissa pairs up with Robin.

Turn 2:

Fred pairs up with Chrom

Chrom goes 2E to kill Myrm.

Robin kills a fighter.

Turn 3:

Only the mage should be alive, hopefully.

If not, Robin @ High HP kills off any remaining nearby enemy.

OR Fred @ Med-High hp kills off the mage/any nearby enemy.

If none of those work, you'll probably die during enemy phase.

Next you just draw the mage around in circles.

Robin heads over to the edge of the mage's range while Fred is just outside it. Then you swap Lissa to Fred and heal up Robin each turn as the mage chases Robin. Use vulnaries as necessary to not die if needed.

Note that Lissa provides +2 res, so don't forget that swapping for Chrom means you'll be hit higher. Vantage+ also may require you to heal yourself extra.

Turn 7+

Pass Chrom's vulnary to Robin. Chrom and Frederick go swimming in the southeast.

Robin and Lissa go swimming 3 squares east of the northwest. Be sure to heal first obviously... there are sharks.

After you kill that mage, lure the fighters / myrmidons near your river and bolt them to death.

Boss should be killed with Robin + Chrom pairing. You should be level 7 by the end of this chapter.

If you did not get at least 6 magic, 8 speed, and 10 def by level 7, you should reset.

Ch. 1 (11 turns)

Turn 1

Pair Robin with Frederick.

Stand on fort.

Have Chrom and Lissa run to NE corner.

(Or have Chrom stay there 1 turn to fight that fighter. Chrom's xp-gains don't really matter.)

Turn 2

Have the stupid archer give away his stuff to fred. He's gonna die now. Have Sully run NE, or SE if you wanted Chrom to fight that fighter.

Robin can sword or bow for some time.

Turn 3

Switch forts. Use a vulnerary or elixer.

Turn 5+

Try and grab a bit of sword xp for Robin while picking off the final enemies.

Ch. 2 (13 turns)

Hopefully Robin has some decent stats by now. If you aren't satisfied with them, you can just restart from the beginning. It takes about 20 minutes (including resets) to get back to Ch 2.

Don't try and do this map with Frederick. Use Robin with Frederick pairing, or split them and KO things fast if Robin managed to snag really good speed.

Turn 1

Lissa pairs up with Sully and then go to the SW corner. Chrom pairs up with Stalh and he moves as close as he can to there and switches to Chrom.

Robin and Fred pair up and Robin mages the fighter on the SW mountain.

Vaike goes SE and dies

Turn 2

Finish off the fighter that's attacking Chrom. Use Robin if necessary.

Have your units in cavalier form to sprint away. Go W of the mountain.

Miriel joins and rushes over to frederick to give away her tome and axe. She then dies.

Turn 3

Have Robin go onto the mountain and heal.

Cavalier run away now

Turn 4

Run away with Robin so you don't die and heal. Stay in range of some enemies selectively to retaliate.

Cavalier hide in NW corner below the river.

Keep luring enemies away / hiding on forests / whatever with Robin until all the enemies die while making use of your vulnary / elixer. If you're really lazy, just stay on the mountain and heal and try over and over until you survive the encounter. If you were lucky with stat-ups it should happen frequently.

Turn 6+

Heal

Turn 8+

Have Robin and Frederick go 2 squares into the enemy range past the river. Equip a sword and go on the east side.

Turn 9

Fall back to the Fort and heal

Turn 10+

Heal items / probably win

If you think you're gonna die from the encounter, fall back while using healing items. If you have no healing items, you can fall back and heal a couple times with Lissa like in Ch 0. This is really the last you need of healing items anyway.

Ch 3 (42 turns)

Congratulations, you're on the final chapter! After this, the rest of the game is easy nosferatu spam on route 1.

Turn 1

Recruit Kellam with Chrom and pair up with Kellam. Have Kellam pass Chrom to Robin.

Pass Robin a vulnerary if you want, such as the one from Kellam or Sumia.

Have Robin pick off either the Knight or the Lancer to the west, dependent on which (if any) have counter. If both have it, reset.

Turn 2

Heal up with Robin or if Frederick + Robin can pick off the remaining enemies, do that.

Turn 3

Retreat towards the door. Sumia + Lissa at the back. Robin + Chrom in the middle. Frederick + Other guy (whoever he is) at the front. Trade him the Vulnaries and the Javelin and unequip his weapons. Note that trading people equips your weapon.

Turn 4-10

Kill things off with Robin while making sure to heal with Frederick.

Turn 11

Lissa heal. Put Frederick at the door and open it. Have Robin right behind him. Lissa should be a few squares S in case of Pass.

Turn 12

Finish off the Knight

Turn 13

Aggro all the enemies by going inside one of their ranges with Frederick.

Turn 14-18

Run towards the other door. Lissa at the back, Frederick + Chrom in the middle, and Robin + Other guy at the front. Unequip Robin's weapons and pass her any healing items you have.

(We have to have Robin as tank for this part because of the enemy fighter with a Hammer, which could kill Frederick potentially.)

Turn 19+

Kill things with Fred's javelin.

Turn 42

Kill the boss with Robin. Make sure you got C rank in swords if you wanted to go the difficult route. You can train your sword rank to C against the Boss if you need to.

Ch 4 (6 Turns)

Use the Renown award to get a second seal.
Route 1 (Easy but slower):
Reclass to dark mage. Sell all items to buy Nosferatu tomes from Raigh and Sophia (FE6). This route is easy but you have to keep buying the damn tomes.
View the guide for ch 9 onward, the rest doesn't pertain to you.
Route 2 (Harder):
Sell all items except Vulnaries.
Summon Catria, Malice, and Katrina from Mystery and buy x2 levin swords and x1 wyrmslayer. Forge the Wyrmslayer to 10 MT.Buy 4 def tonics, 2 str, and 2 vulnaries.
We are not using random merchants in this run, but if you are and happen to find a second seal you can reclass to Dark Mage by chapter 6 instead of 8, which makes this run a little easier.
This chapter is very easy. Avoid being in the range of >1 enemy with counter. Use Robin (with Frederick) and pick off counter-enemies with the Levin sword.
Heal as necessary. If Lucina has counter you may need to reset if you can't double her with the right pairing.

Ch 5-8 is an outline. Ch 9+ needs no more explanation than given.
Ch 5

Equip forged wyrmslayer. Stand in fort. Have Chrom equip Falchion and pair up with Robin.

Ch 6

Buy a Str tonic. Grab some Def ones too if you'd like. Buy a silver sword and forge it to about 15 MT to be able to KO fighters and cavaliers (7 def, 34 hp OR 5 def, 37 hp). Have Fred pair up with Robin. You are aiming for 42 str.
Beware of +5 hp skill with counter on fighters and enemies that have counter with pavise+. Everything else you can OHKO.

Ch 7

Buy another Levin sword. Equip forged wyrmslayer again. From now on you are only deploying Robin (with Chrom). Kill off your other characters to save time in the preparations menu if you want.

Ch 8

Buy 6 nosferatu tomes and run around the desert aiming for the SE village first to reclass to dark mage. Equip nosferatu and go wild.

Ch 9+

Ch 9+ should be incredibly easy now. In general, have Chrom equip weapons such as rapiers, armorslayers, falchion, etc. when there are lots of enemy weak to those weapons. If not, equip items such as silver swords, steel, etc.
Money isn't tight anymore, so you can afford to use all the sword drops on Chrom. Chrom needs to get about 26 speed by chapter 26 in order to beat the game. His promotion gets +2 and there are 2 easy-to-obtain speedwings, so you shouldn't have any problem with that. Chrom leveling up can help deal a bit of extra damage to Grima, but it is a waste of time to let him kill anything himself or to grind.
Ch 9 - Falchion
Ch 10 - Falchion (kill the boss asap.)
Ch 11 - Promote to Sorcerer
Ch 12 - Armorslayer
Ch 13 - Run straight north and kill the boss.
Ch 14 - Buy a Mire and Waste from Gharnef. Forge a nosferatu to be max crit and +3 dmg. Kill the boss with mire.
Ch 15 - Armorslayer / Rapier
Ch 16 - Kill the thief holding the speedwing. Kill the boss with Mire / Waste. Buy 5 HP tonics and a pure water after this chapter. Forge the waste to be max dmg and rest into accuracy.
Ch 17 - Nosferatu until you get to the boss room. Kill with Waste.
Ch 18 - Falchion / Wyrmslayer. HP tonic. Mire the boss once in range.
Ch 19 - Rapier. Kill boss with Waste
Ch 20 - Promote Chrom if you haven't yet. Rapier / Armourslayer. Kill boss with Nosferatu / Ruin.
Ch 21 - Silver sword. Swap Veteran for Tomebreaker. Kill boss with Mire (probably),
Ch 22 - Use an HP tonic and DEF tonic. During the follow chapters try not to be in range of every enemy at once.
Ch 23 - Use HP tonic and DEF tonic and MAG tonic. Noble Rapier / Silver sword. Kill boss with Waste. Lower health will kill him faster from Vengeance.
Ch 24 - Rapiers ETC / Silver sword. Use HP, DEF, and MAG tonic.
Ch 25 - Falchion. HP, DEF, MAG tonic.

Ch 26

Chrom: Skill, Str tonic. Robin: HP, DEF, SKL, SPD, RES, MAG, LUK tonic. Use Nosferatu until you're beside Grima, then use Waste against grima to 2RKO it. If you're lucky you'll survive turn 2 and will be at lowered health so you can attack Grima with vengeance waste. Never attempt to kill all these enemies, just attack Grima with waste if you survive. Might take a couple tries.

Unfortunately running this game is partially luck based. It's also a little faster if you happen to find a second seal before chapter 8. I hope this helps people who want to say they cleared Lunatic+. It's pretty easy with this method. I'm bored of writing this post now but I can add more to it later.
Also hi people. Never used these forums before.
Turn Count:

2, 50, 11, 13, 42, 6, 19, 8, 7, 10, 9, 5, 12, 6, 2, 4, 13, 5, 7, 11, 5, 4, 8, 3, 12, 9, 7, 3
Edited by Rew

Wow, there's a lot of Lunatic+ activity going on at the moment. How many times have you done this?

You can get through every chapter in the game with just Chrom and the Avatar using a nosferatu tome. This is much faster and much easier than an army of rangers which is boring.

...Though you're probably going to be alone in that opinion- faster and easier yes (and thus better for the purposes of the run), but many people here find Nostanking to be pretty much at the bottom of the entertainment spectrum. I'd advise not mentioning that in your pitch.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I think fire emblem awakening lunatic+ mode is boring honestly. Using a bunch of archers is easy and consistent but takes forever (which I've done on classic while recruiting all characters without deaths). Using nosferatu + vengeance is easy and is very quick. I don't think there's any real strategy with either method. I just thought it was interesting to attempt a speed run of lunatic+ and since I haven't heard of anyone doing that I wanted to share my route. The primary purpose of a speed run is to be fast. Nosferatu isn't used until Ch 8 which is somewhat interesting I guess. Perhaps a route using no bonus box team buys (and maybe no renown) would be worthwhile. Although Ch 5 then becomes pretty horrible without a forged Wyrmslayer.

The previous games did have more strategy, but in every fire emblem game I've played the easiest/fastest way to win is always make 1 unit overpowered and solo everything. I was honestly hoping to be proven wrong when I attempted this first on lunatic+, but alas.

I do understand why people dislike nosferatu. It'd be more interesting strategically if the item didn't exist to attempt a speed run. I think the easiest way would be Tactician -> Myrmidon -> Assassin -> bow classes, possibly picking up Lucina and Morgan for killing Grima. Perhaps a male avatar for Warrior. This would probably take at least 4 hours to do, I think.

I've done 3 runs. 1st time I did route 1, next 2 times I did route 2, which I prefer.

Edited by Rew

I didn't realize nosferatu was available after chapter 13 from a real shop, so I summoned those guys like 80x to buy nosferatus and decided to do route b. Woops. I didn't really plan the run ahead of time, so it's an improvement each attempt. It's probably faster to just go to dark mage for chapter 4 sadly because of the ch 13 shop. But yes, the purpose was to avoid spending time buying/selling things. Ch 4-8 is a few minutes faster using nosferatu, so route b is probably only viable if you're using merchants and happen across a second seal. Doing ch 4-5 as a mercenary to get to lvl 10 isn't that slow compared to nosferatu, I think. Probably about +1 minute on Ch 4, and +2 on Ch 5, which could be worth it, as the summoning prior to ch 13 takes a lot longer than the shop.

That said, route b is slightly more interesting. Nosferatu is pretty boring!

Edited by Rew

I'd keep the "summon people for Nosferatu" in there. If there's a Risen spawn there, you'll have to clear it out before shopping. Never really thought about Mire-blicking bosses! Lastly, how does Waste do in this kind of run?

@ eclipse:

I hate it when they block me from buying tonics. I try to buy them ahead of time. I need to get exact numbers on all the tonics I need as I kinda just spam buy atm, lol. Attempting to buy 40 nosferatus too would be loads of fun.

Waste is probably better than Ruin to use in general. I didn't remember that brave weapons allow for 4x instead of 2x. It's been a while since I've played these games. I'll try it out next time, lol. Although Ruin isn't that bad against grima.

I'm now attempting a run using only Hector, from FE7, with the limits:

- No DLC

- No other characters, except Chrom paired up

- Axes only

- Lunatic+, of course

Just because it's cool. Hector's RES really sucks, but the run has been going alright so far.

General -> Barbarian -> Fighter -> Hero (-> Great Knight -> Berserker)

I need to be Berserker as final class for Wrath. Plan is to crit everything in order to live, or use things like forged hammers. I suspect Wyverns are going to give me trouble. This would certainly be easier as the avatar, but whatever. It's very nice that Hector starts with Axefaire.

Another option was War cleric before great knight, but I suspect renewal isn't worth it. I'm not even sure if Luna is worth it, as Wrath is very important to get soon. I'm on Ch 14 right now. Sol is probably more useful than Luna in general. I'll probably have to circle around some maps a bit, so I'll have to pick up boots I think.

Edited by Rew

With Celica's gale you can have about 15% crit chance and perfect accuracy, but you do lose out on some MT. Waste has questionable accuracy that shouldn't be too big of a deal, but it does discourage you from putting forge points into crit, and having 10% crit max isn't amazing. I think no matter what you won't really be dealing much damage unless you're weakened, so KO potential is important. I'll try them both out when I'm back at ch 26 though. I just delete my save files after I play it so I don't have one past ch 4 atm, lol. After the next run I'll update the 1st post a bit for some better advice. Thanks for the feedback and questions.

Back to my Hector Hard Mode playthrough now.

Hey have some questions for you.

I really dislike the 2 units and their kids strategy of beating the game so I'm looking for drawbacks to this. Not that you're the only person to do it but you seem to have some experience so.....

Do you think you could do a similar strategy without the Spotpass shops?

Do you think you could (Or do) keep everyone including the recruitable characters alive? Sorry if you answer this in the spoilers I couldn't tell exactly.

Do you think you could (Or have you) beaten the last 6 paralogues with this strategy? No extra grinding! Or DLC Shops xD

Also I'm not to concerned with turn count so if you would have to slow down to keep everyone alive and not access silly shops that's okay!

Thanks!

Edited by T-Bone

1. Looking for drawbacks just because you dislike a strategy isn't exactly a motive I can get behind. Looking for ways to make an alternate strategy good? Sure. Looking for ways to make a good strategy bad? No way. The main drawback of doing single pair runs to me is that they're less interesting than medium deployment.

2. No, because you wouldn't be able to get Nos until Cht.13 is done. After that it would be similar.

3. Yes, but it would lose a lot of speed and you'd likely need more than just one pair to properly save people.

4. The Spotpass Paralogues can be easily and reliably cleared by recruiting Aversa (hers doesn't have Lunatic+ skills so you can handle it without too much trouble) and then using her to hide in an unreachable location and Mire-bomb everything to death. It wouldn't serve any purpose for speed, though.

5. This isn't an LTC, it's a speedrun (single-segment with resets).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I don't think you could mirebomb without DLC since otherwise mire has 10 uses, but I guess there isn't really a reason you couldn't hide in the corner and galeforce back anyways, didn't see there was a 4 range spot to hide on the map. Maybe there is, idk if you can get enough damage to 100% kill any unit with Aegis+ and Pavise+? I'm not sure how strong Chrom gets with this strat, and while Morg/Lucy will be pretty buff they only have A support so the dual's aren't as guaranteed. Then again with forged braves it probably doesn't matter.

If that sentence about drawbacks bothers you that much pretend you didn't see it xD

I'd like to know if you can beat the first 13 chapters with the no deaths/no dlc rule and end in a similar position where you can 4 unit the game, if you happen to have experience in that area!

Edited by T-Bone

I think a speed run without spotpass is conceivable. Here are some thoughts for it before I attempt it, which I'll get to at some point. University life is pretty busy.

For no spotpass, I assume renown up to levin sword is fine. A no renown run and no spotpass would be really annoying.

Ch. 5 -> Forged Killing edge as Merc, Iron sword when you don't need crit. Levin sword is also useful sometimes.

Ch. 6 -> Same weps

Ch. 7 -> Grab the Wyrmslayer drop asap. Doubt it's an OHKO without extra MT forged, though. Possibly with Frederick pairing it is.

Ch. 8 -> Kill off mages while heading to a corner. Hide and kill things with Frederick? Or Nowi?

Ch. 9 -> Forged Wyrmslayer. Fred/Chrom pairing recruit Tharja for nosferatu tome.

Ch. 10 -> Forged Wyrmslayer. If it runs out, reclass to dark mage and nosferatu/flux.

Ch. 11 -> Hopefully nosferatu survives

Ch. 12 -> Good luck?

Ch. 13 -> Quick boss kill

I doubt nosferatu can last through ch 11 and 12. Maybe there's an armourslayer to use somewhere, but you'd have to remain Merc throughout ch 11 which probably wouldn't work. So, maybe.

I've ran it while keeping all characters alive but only using Chrom and Robin. Chapter 9 was terrible with just the duo. I had to have Robin pair with a Pegasus knight and hide Chrom with Frederick. They didn't actually fight anything though. I haven't done the Paralogues with the duo alone personally. Mire is infinite use at 50 luck.

Yeah up to 270 renown when you first get access to it (Or 280? Not sure it doesn't really matter its enough for levin regardless) and then the extra 10 per level cleared.

Can't get Armsthrift on Aversa! You could on MU but there's no place to hide on that map other than over the water and you can't fly with her and use dark magic (On Priam's chapter, the other one's I'm sure are doable, I only bothered mentioning them in case you wanted to use them for levels/reclasses).

Edit: If you haven't done it off-hand I'll go ask other people, don't want to waste your time if someone has. But I appreciate the willingness to try!

Edited by T-Bone

Yeah up to 270 renown when you first get access to it (Or 280? Not sure it doesn't really matter its enough for levin regardless) and then the extra 10 per level cleared.

Can't get Armsthrift on Aversa! You could on MU but there's no place to hide on that map other than over the water and you can't fly with her and use dark magic (On Priam's chapter, the other one's I'm sure are doable, I only bothered mentioning them in case you wanted to use them for levels/reclasses).

Edit: If you haven't done it off-hand I'll go ask other people, don't want to waste your time if someone has. But I appreciate the willingness to try!

Can you use a second seal whilst flying over water in this game to reclass into something that can't go over water? That would work lol

Edited by Irysa

This is much faster and much easier than an army of rangers which is boring.

:rolleyes:

Can you use a second seal whilst flying over water in this game to reclass into something that can't go over water? That would work lol

No, you get re-directed to the nearest valid tile. Same thing happens if a Paired unit gets dumped on the ground when their front partner dies.

Edited by Interceptor

No, you get re-directed to the nearest valid tile. Same thing happens if a Paired unit gets dumped on the ground when their front partner dies.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever tried doing this deliberately on Gerome's Paralogue (or FP2) to cross the chasms a turn faster?

Speaking of which, has anyone ever tried doing this deliberately on Gerome's Paralogue (or FP2) to cross the chasms a turn faster?

Is FP2 Future Past 2? I can give this a try, since I haven't deleted my Lunatic file yet (though it'll take some time, since I didn't pair Cherche with anyone).

After doing another run now I can more properly respond to these questions. Sorry it took me so long for a proper response.

Do you think that Tactician > Dark Mage > Sorc isn't as fast as Tactician > Merc > Dark Mage > Sorc?

Is the primary purpose less menu'ing/buying Nos?

I now think Tact -> Merc -> Dark Mage -> Sorc is definitely slightly faster in terms of ingame time, although they're quite close and straight to dark mage is easier for the purposes of speed running. It just means more dealing with inventory and shops, which to me is boring. It seems the convoy'ing actually stacks up decently + time from pre-ch 13 spent summoning units. It would be good if I could make ch 6 and ch 8 require less checking of enemy units and just retaliate kill everything. Maybe adjusting the forged items slightly will allow that. And of course, if you get lucky with a merchant shop, this route becomes even faster.

What's your opinion on Waste vs Celica's Gale vs Grima?

Waste is much better. You deal much more consistent damage and accuracy is really not a problem if you stand adjacent, even at 45 accuracy tome you have something like 96% accuracy if adjacent. With Chrom dealing around 10-13 dmg after most attacks and you dealing ~5 dmg + veng you can easily 2RKO Grima consistently. Fishing for veng crits with Celica's gale isn't worth it. Before I thought the accuracy might be a problem, but it's totally fine.

I updated my first post to replace Ruin with Waste, as Waste is clearly much better all of the time. Thanks for the suggestions/questions. Let me know if you have any suggestions for a non-spotpass run (eg. no buying items from summoned units). I was thinking of using a forged Wind tome for Ch 5 (to 6 MT) to KO Wyverns and try and steal Ricken's Elwind with a Sumia sacrifice. Idk how to approach the rest up to Ch 13 yet, though. Gotta try it probably.

Edited by Rew

Idk how to approach the rest up to Ch 13 yet, though. Gotta try it probably.

Yeah, with speedrun routing there's no substitute for trial and error. Be sure to track your times well (real time with splits for each chapter, if possible) and repeat for consistency so you can see what's actually better.

Hey have some questions for you.

I really dislike the 2 units and their kids strategy of beating the game so I'm looking for drawbacks to this. Not that you're the only person to do it but you seem to have some experience so.....

Do you think you could do a similar strategy without the Spotpass shops?

Do you think you could (Or do) keep everyone including the recruitable characters alive? Sorry if you answer this in the spoilers I couldn't tell exactly.

Do you think you could (Or have you) beaten the last 6 paralogues with this strategy? No extra grinding! Or DLC Shops xD

Also I'm not to concerned with turn count so if you would have to slow down to keep everyone alive and not access silly shops that's okay!

Thanks!

Ok, just completed a run using Robin + Chrom without spotpass etc on lunatic+. Did not use any children.

Ch -1 to 5: Tact

Ch 6-8: Merc

Ch 8-9: Pegasus knight

Ch 9-14: Dark flier

Ch 15-End: Sorcerer

Everything was certainly managable, if not annoying. So spotpass shops and merchants are not required. I was playing it pretty slowly though, it took about 3 hrs ingame time to complete. I was not keeping all units alive - I killed off: Virion, Vaike, Miriel, Ricken, Maribelle, Gaius, Gregor, Nowi, Libra, and Cherche. The other units happened to survive. I've done a run using only Robin and Chrom and kept everyone alive before, though, as archers. I don't want to do a speed run keeping all characters alive without spotpass shops. That is too tedious for me.

I'll go try out the paralogues. Is the last one the hard one? Do I have to bother with the other ones? I think galeforce + boots + waste + nos will let me slowly pick off all enemies while avoiding being in range of too many.

Edited by Rew