The ROLLING REQUEST THREAD(Currently doing: A Hiatus)

TheMoniker

What hack/s would you like me to play soon?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the choices:

• Decay of the Fangs(mediocre)
    • League of ASDF(pretty good)
    • Yuri's Sidestory(okay I guess)
    • Shattered Realms(good)
    • Exalted Legacy(no idea)
    • Shatterlight(excellent)

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prologs ususally tend to be "sword-friendly" (if the lord is a sword user), but this one definitely does not belong to them...

Yup.

inb4 luck sword has devil reversal

Let's rage in...

Rage Emblem: Prologue: Part 2: Murder and time limits

1vu2TCs.png

Last time...

PkVJLD6.png

You can do it, Rye! DODGE LIKE A MADMAN!

rjqKwy2.png

You too, Zel!

aRf81Au.png

Better level, hurrah!

4I5xL2N.png

Honestly, this chapter might as well be entirely swordreaver generics. Everyone else is pointless.

M6NAx72.png

MAN, this is cluster****y.

VQhTwD5.png

Hey! Stop hogging the fort! The other bandits have an AI bug! MAKE WAY FOR DISABLED PEOPLE!

qnYwCW5.png

Ow!

I then try switching to the Rush Blade...

7UA8aaQ.png

LOGIC

nDVm7DQ.png

Defenses, awesome!

EMaHLiD.png

Miguel isn't that great at dodging. He's running out of HP.

uDfVhUC.pngiKxlyMR.png

Great! Good levels!

mIVr5hO.png

WHICH WERE CANCELED

s9uKnQK.png

This time, THINGS GO DIFFERENTLY.

RuaUb3m.png

Yes! We did it! All the bandits are gone!

gxpSa7l.png

Now, let's see what happens when the time limit runs out.

*many turns later*

AalL2L1.png5XY3hSK.png

Come on man, don't be a jerk!

TuqT8a1.png

Mage enter!

4mwWt6q.png

OH NO

QLOJM62.pngZffLMNE.png

WHAT SORT OF TIME IS THAT, IT HAS DRAGON EFFECTS

DjhM5zk.png

Game over, because not only was the village destroyed, the entire countryside was made into a GIANT CRATER.

3BZdOlt.png

Okay, back to the turn we were actually on. Let's lure them out!

TMigNgn.png

And nope, none of them move.

2X4j6Ow.png

This guy isn't hard to beat, even with his archers backing him up. HOPE WE'RE LUCKY!

QTtCcDb.pngLrCBDAa.png

We are, more or less. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll be fine against the archers!

BaybQwj.pngFEj2IOB.png

Rye helps weaken, getting a good level!

isFwcw2.png

FINISHER!

MIzPK7a.pngGyDKEQq.png

Yeah, we've heard this before.

NvZowLC.png

Bluh.

JipI85I.png

"You" is capitalized! Why are you giving all of our credit to You? He didn't do Anything!

BX9g4B8.pngEoR55iT.png

Rye: vile villians.

Village girl: We must show our gratitude someway, … I know! A feast in honor of you strong men.

Zel: It was our job. You don’t have to-

Village girl: No, I insist. You simply must enjoy our best dish we have to offer. I go begin the preparations.

Rye: Oh relaxe brave hero of the town. We can not deny the pretty lady’s innvotation can we Zel?

Oh no! NOT AN INNVOTATION!

GnfsIqe.pngcYpnQLn.png

Wait to be indecisive, buddy.

aLgxUdw.pngFHKMtwi.png

Mayor: Thank the heavens yes. Now we don’t have enough to keep shaking our coffers just to hire greedy mercenaries… I mean not all mercenaries are bad-

Zel: It’s OK mayor, I am well aware of how others view us. Mercenaries have been

5gS65tq.png

No need to be all parentheses-whispering, guy!

Mayor: Ah sorry, it’s been hard with the recent bandit attacks and trying to find help only to be told our gold is too little. Do not worry about our troubles and enjoy the feast. You and your friend did an amazing job.Now excuse me. *text skip*

There are some text skips in this hack, usually at semi-crucial times. I have to wonder, WHAT DID SHE SAY?

Zel: … *sigh*

h43BTUk.png

Dang, this WAS a low-paying job! That's like 4 swords!

wpLWhju.png

NEXT TIME: Rage 1: The ragefest submission that never happened, and it shows!

Also, now that we're done, here are my suggestions for improving the chapter: Add some healing items. At the moment, there are so many bandits attacking you that if anyone fails to dodge(especially with the swordreavers), you'll start running out of HP, and then you won't be able to survive. It's more of long-term luck-based, as in, if you fail a lot of dodge rolls over time, you just won't have enough HP left. There is Rye's elixir, but most players will be hesitant to use it and with all the enemies it's hard to just pass around. Just give the others some vulneraries and things should be much improved.

Past me (about 6 months ago) comments in green.

Me of today comments in purple.

Well, I did skip most of the REALLY boring parts... And of course, you have plenty of experience with crappy stuff...

Yeah, a random plot isn't funny. Almost always, a mark of good-bad is that the plot has some semblance of coherence, so you can mock all the inconsistencies and senselessness.

Also, looking back at my CT LP, my commentary was WAY better. What happened? I'm not making enough jokes... MUST MAKE MORE JOKES... Although, it's hard to make good jokes when a hack is just romping through boringness. Hopefully this one will be better.

HpLFJZ5.png

Well everyone, today we're starting RAGE EMBLEM! It was a project made by Mr. Night, but it has no working download link or public release at the moment (the thread is here, if you're curious). So, I got this extra-special bonus beta to help test things out, and reveal to the world either his shame or his success! Or, from what I've played so far... both! Let's get to it!

Rage Emblem: Episode 1: Prologue: Part 1: It gets better

SZ5KRQe.png

This isn't a fitting title at all. It doesn't make sense. Maybe it's meant to be ironic, but...

(If you're wondering, this hack has NO Jaigen)

In hindsight, I should have realized new players wouldn't have understood what I meant by that.

2e7ourU.png

Only time will tell if this gets used...

Cn4Z4R0.png

Ortp7NK.png

We start in this unremarkable village on a map that is more-or-less nice, but also unremarkable.

dWgZIAp.png

And here, we have our main villain, plotting to use the Bandit Nuke to destroy all of the world's bandits, even if it means taking out all the villages in the process...

Dammit, that would have made a damn good story.

No. This is our main character, and he actually has a pretty sweet portrait. Most of the stuff in this hack is both a splice and a recolor, but Mr. Night did a pretty good job with this one.

Wow thanks, All of them are placeholder's to give people the general idea and something new to look at.

Cool bro: We will defend this village while the town fortifications against the roaming bandits are being completed.

Oh, we're defending a village so they can defend themselves? That's kind of an interesting, but if no one in the village can actually fight, how would it work out?

AjGbovd.png

Cool bro: Do not concern yourself about the price. Just let us do the hard work.

Great. We're the generous mercenaries, aka, impoverished forever!

Villady: Ah, Thank You! I will go check our progress, excuse me.

8sPFAqK.png

Oh, hey there, other splice! This one isn't as good, but still better than Corrupt Theocracy!

(Look at those eyes...I think he's a vampire...)

What really? How interesting cause to me, Zel always looked a bit off compared to the others. Plus I liked miguel cause of what I spliced him with. (Limstella hair, Geitz clothes, and I took the mug from that FE6 dragon guy, liked the red eyes so just kept it in)

Interesting. To me, all I can see now is the mistakes in them and how they can be touched up to look more decent. Didn't edit them because honestly, What I think is good may actually be bad, which you will see cases of this throughout the hack.

Cool bro: Yeah, seems to be a pretty simple job this time. Just a guard mission.

Splice: Unless random bandits DO show up.

J9lxPHl.png

Zel. DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU JUST DID.

YOU TEMPTED FATE.

THE 1% CHANCE THAT SOMETHING ELSE WOULD HAPPEN IS NOW GONE.

Splice: I for one wouldn’t mind a bit of a workout. To make this low paid job you talked us into seem worth it.

R2kzruk.png

Really, a lot of this hack's dialogue could use a serious proofread. I have reached my "constructive criticism quota" on the matter and will now begin mocking it if it happens again.

sorry ;-; pretty much the only play tester and had very little feedback. (the ones who did give feedback, I still enjoy rereading what they said about it to this day).

I have realized I need to proofread in general in just about everything these days >_>.

CKjTvft.pngCXg1eJ8.png

Wait what? No! YOU CAN'T DO THAT! That's NOT what FE characters DO!

Major hint here.

0lo8iW7.pngCisM6Ol.png

Whoa, who are YOU? You have Heath's awesome hair(and it apparently extends to your mustache and beard), and...some other parts.

as stupid as he looks, I am also quite proud of this one too

...Oh, right! He predicted bandits! Why am I not surprised?

heh like I said man, hard to come up with early game weak generic FE villains.

Heath hair: I have spotted bandits coming from the south of here by my comrades.

Splice: Finally! TO THE FRAY!

No need to get so excited!

7CjcY6n.png

Nope.

Heath hair: We wouldn’t be in our professions if the world didn’t have it’s problems. Now let us catch up before he leaves us nothing to do once again.

Actually, he's right? Why is Mr. Merc wishing for peace? He would be quite simply out of a job!

EFLfYoe.png

There's just a boss? Did Rye just ASSUME that he had a full army with him?

BB3OSat.png

He used Zagan? There are MANY better bandits for a job like this...

Oddly Zagan was one of the few bosses I got IFCD code to work for. Still can't figure out how this damned code works.

In hindsight, it was DefeatBoss code that triggered the events I needed when zagan dies now that I know IFCD only works for players.

ShouldhavebeenGheb: Give us all your gold and ale’ then maybe, just maybe, you won’t all die!

Well, at least he gets straight to the point!

3z7Kcb3.pngybA5ZRU.pnglpRIVyI.png

Uh... BURN!

SHBG: … Grr… Fine! Have your deathwish!

KuQ2E7L.png

OH MAN, HE'S GOING AGAINST HIS ESTABLISHED CHARACTERIZATION

>_>, yeah story wasn't my strong point back then and even now. I also am not consistent in character writing so a lot of times, the plot will be winging it and is somewhat aware of that fact.

rLKz3bB.pngyEcgND7.png

And then all the bandits appear everywhere. At least they do it AT ONCE, instead of one-at-a-time.

ha ha...don't get use to that....

yeah cut scenes allow one to summon many units without it being noticed too much. A good smoke and mirrors trick that runs out because I pumped out more chapters than updated plot.

2O2qVIK.png

Yeah, there's a TON of them.

Cool bro: It will be a good idea not to draw this fight out in case one gets past our defenses and destroys the town.

So yeah, we have to protect the town. Bandits destroying it = game over.

Heath hair: Obviously kill the boss and they shall scatter no?

Cool bro: Agreed.

Splice: Then let’s go already!

END DIALOGUE

ncecRwP.png

This is it. The map is one screen. And we have TONS of bandits attacking, FROM ALL DIRECTIONS. This chapter isn't terrible, but it has a few problems, which I'll get into soon.

But first, our heroes!

drUg7GX.pngf4GYC4h.pngyt42EQy.png

Zel has really standard mercenary stats, a good weapon selection, and a misspelled description. I can't comment on him when I don't have his growths, so we'll see how he turns out!

(That is some crazy good speed though)

For the most part, unedited from raven, He was my play tested unit and he seemed to work.

This was a got damn terrible idea because his exp gains are fucking insane and his growths are pretty damn decent. Just note this entire hack needs to be re-balanced, especially for the weapon/stat changes I want to add because con needs to be reworked for the super powerful but heavy weapons in end game.

ID9PyaA.png

It's been buffed, wow.

silm weapons have always pissed me off because they have no niche to me. The only unit I have seen who needed to use them was florina. other than her, iron was the my fe7 meta weapon of choice for everything till the last 3 chapters. so now they are weak accurate killing edges.

Ok that was a bit stupid, maybe not that much crit or hit.

SgLt5uP.png

It's a brave weapon with a ton of uses, but it is HEAVY.

Nerfed version of brave sword, wanted something that allows you to double but could get doubled in return.

Also I think I made blades unique only to Zel cause technically, he is a special unit equal to lord in this game.

Was also going to have his own custom animations and custom animation with infinite use hero sword.(basically a legend light brand, heavy Ragnell influences here)

qqDQ56a.png

Oh, awesome! We get this totally cool sword to counter with when the game throws BS at us! I'm going to try to refrain from using it unless I ABSOLUTELY have to.

:)

:}

ISjPJQX.pngFR2f9es.pngBJGnxOS.png

You'd think Miguel would be the crutch character, but no, he's really lame. He has serious accuracy problems, and he doesn't have quite enough of anything else to make up for it at the moment.

Makes a note.

by5ksW6.png1pABM3L.pngZfRLhku.png

I kind of thought Rye would be a bard when I first saw him, but I guess not. Rye should be fine as long as he stays in forests and sticks to knifing enemies. In fact, if you compare his stats to Zel's, you'll see he's better in every way except for defenses.

Also, the description reveals an entirely new facet of his personality. He has yet to have his establishing character moment.

I have special plans for rye, he is meant to be a future assassin who can steal. Also his quirk is a slight OCD personality where he has to open every damn chest. So if you missed some and didn't complete the chapter fast enough, he would turn npc, and start hunting them down.

In hindsight, that probably would have been very fucking hard to event, in any case, rye may end up doing hard gaidens first as it was somewhat intended back then before he rejoins you. yes their deaths except zels in this chapter is forgiven because they are very important to the story later.

(Also, the weapon ranks at the start are crazy high. C's and B's where we'd normally have D's and E's.)

yeah, I said fuck that shit because i have weapons I will be throwing at you, that i want you to wield right away.

That was me being lazy and not simply lowering the weapon ranks of mentioned weapons.

dQwTDCg.png63ivB0l.png

Apparently, Caelin still exists! And this guy sucks! I'm sure we can beat him.

2QAq6N3.pngMGa5Wjq.png

The brigands on their own are no threat...

z6zI71C.png

BUT SOME OF THEM HAVE THESE. Remember, we have two sword-users and one axe user, so we have no real way to counter them. There are like 6-7 around the map, all around so Miguel can't just go and beat them up, so we WILL be forced to use our sword users against them. And they kill our sword users in two hits. Yeah.

Oh, AND we have no healing items but Rye's elixir. Fun!

yeah, I went a bit overboard, wasn't sure where the line between hard and fun but a nice dip your feet in chapter was so I figured playtested units chucked at the player wouldn't be too bad of a start. (should have seen them with 3 luck, Super rng heavy and nothing is intended to be rng abused because I didn't know how. so the rule of thumb was, if I couldn't reasonably beat it multiple times, I tweaked it.).

KlGh66u.png

As I said, MAJOR accuracy problems. He'll be trying to handle the bandits over there.

ttVYg3s.png

Rye's gonna hang out down here, and knife anyone who attacks him.

MzrGX6W.png

Hey, I know the goal was to defend the village, but we can work around that!

NL0JQlv.pngeUzYO10.pngp1EfN6t.pngCWxEz0L.png

*GASP* WHAT HAVE I DONE? WHAT HAVE I DOOOONNNEEEE!!!????!?

SYrxzsk.png

And so we have this ENTIRELY DESERVED game over.

still very proud of that workaround due to the game automatically does the map change when you visit villages.

icnVzCA.png

After sending Zel somewhere else, we see what combat engagements against these guys look like. I'll save my comments for the very end, but I'll say a little bit now: Luck-based.

Single Tile Forests dude :O

It wasn't until I started playing other hacks and read others LPs that I realized my fe playstyle is counter strats. So yeah, need to re-balance for other strats as well for players who like to be aggressive or LTC'ers.

PECsOhC.png

Rye, you're not helping. I think he missed twice, even.

fML6CzU.png

Zel fares MUCH better, but that's only because he fought iron axe guys.

bMuOvDr.png

Great, now we're EVEN MORE surrounded!

(Note the 11-turn time limit. You'd think time would be on our side, but nope. It's way more than you could ever need, honestly.)

tmAg1dE.png

I just equipped it to see what the combat stats were, and something doesn't look right...

thd9Sbx.png

WOAH.

PZCp1hh.png

Miguel and the screenshot screws up. This is the WEIRDEST POSE.

kxNgqF1.png

Rye sits on the village, so nobody destroys it!

2RhFZaC.png

Some of the bandits have glitched AI, they'll try to sit on the fort even when they're at full health and ignore me. It's actually rather helpful.

Played around with different AI codes, I think the swordreavers are gunning for the village while the others are trying to kill you. Due note this wastes more of your time trying to kill them because you can't quite leave them back there to heal while leaving the village defenseless and running to the boss to kill him.

GTp71aq.png1EzTTPA.pngnxubyZR.png

Ow! He got a level! OW!

X3StrNo.pngP5oLPcL.png

Apparently, yes!

iRcxApg.png

NEXT TIME; We actually win! And I give more criticisms and explanations!

eagerly awaits this much appreciated data.

Edited by MrNight48

inb4 luck sword has devil reversal

Dammit Swordmaster

How the Luck Blade actually works and what it was intended for

In its original design, its was meant for mark to keep trying to use it just so he could steam roll chapter 1 only to keep dying.

It had like 99% chance of reversal but when I decided to add more chapters, I realized it could be a pretty cool mechanic and nerfed it down to 50% chance that goes up by 1% per luck stat you gain. So by the time you capped luck, you had a full 80% chance to kill yourself. Its a controlled luck-based item pretty much and if you did get lucky, the player would get a more rewarding feeling for pulling off the wonder kill when they used it. Also will be the key item to an event later that turns it into a way better secret weapon sword. (like the true ultimate sword that's can fight the true boss type thing)

Also a passive aggressive way to tell the player to kill themself if they felt the need to use it. I was kind of bitter back then hehe ^^||

past logic in green, current logic in purple.

Yup.

Let's rage in...

Rage Emblem: Prologue: Part 2: Murder and time limits

1vu2TCs.png

Last time...

PkVJLD6.png

You can do it, Rye! DODGE LIKE A MADMAN!

rjqKwy2.png

You too, Zel!

aRf81Au.png

Better level, hurrah!

4I5xL2N.png

Honestly, this chapter might as well be entirely swordreaver generics. Everyone else is pointless.

makes a note to change this a bit.

M6NAx72.png

MAN, this is cluster****y.

VQhTwD5.png

Hey! Stop hogging the fort! The other bandits have an AI bug! MAKE WAY FOR DISABLED PEOPLE!

qnYwCW5.png

Ow!

I then try switching to the Rush Blade...

7UA8aaQ.png

LOGIC

nDVm7DQ.png

Defenses, awesome!

EMaHLiD.png

Miguel isn't that great at dodging. He's running out of HP.

uDfVhUC.pngiKxlyMR.png

Great! Good levels!

mIVr5hO.png

WHICH WERE CANCELED

s9uKnQK.png

This time, THINGS GO DIFFERENTLY.

RuaUb3m.png

Yes! We did it! All the bandits are gone!

gxpSa7l.png

Now, let's see what happens when the time limit runs out.

*many turns later*

AalL2L1.png5XY3hSK.png

Come on man, don't be a jerk!

TuqT8a1.png

Mage enter!

4mwWt6q.png

OH NO

QLOJM62.pngZffLMNE.png

WHAT SORT OF TIME IS THAT, IT HAS DRAGON EFFECTS

DjhM5zk.png

Game over, because not only was the village destroyed, the entire countryside was made into a GIANT CRATER.

3BZdOlt.png

Okay, back to the turn we were actually on. Let's lure them out!

TMigNgn.png

And nope, none of them move.

2X4j6Ow.png

This guy isn't hard to beat, even with his archers backing him up. HOPE WE'RE LUCKY!

QTtCcDb.pngLrCBDAa.png

We are, more or less. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll be fine against the archers!

BaybQwj.pngFEj2IOB.png

Rye helps weaken, getting a good level!

isFwcw2.png

FINISHER!

MIzPK7a.pngGyDKEQq.png

Yeah, we've heard this before.

NvZowLC.png

Bluh.

JipI85I.png

"You" is capitalized! Why are you giving all of our credit to You? He didn't do Anything!

>_>

BX9g4B8.pngEoR55iT.png

Rye: vile villians.

Village girl: We must show our gratitude someway, … I know! A feast in honor of you strong men.

Zel: It was our job. You don’t have to-

Village girl: No, I insist. You simply must enjoy our best dish we have to offer. I go begin the preparations.

Rye: Oh relaxe brave hero of the town. We can not deny the pretty lady’s innvotation can we Zel?

Oh no! NOT AN INNVOTATION!

...I blame spell check and google spell check >_>||

* :facepalm: *

GnfsIqe.pngcYpnQLn.png

Wait to be indecisive, buddy.

aLgxUdw.pngFHKMtwi.png

Mayor: Thank the heavens yes. Now we don’t have enough to keep shaking our coffers just to hire greedy mercenaries… I mean not all mercenaries are bad-

Zel: It’s OK mayor, I am well aware of how others view us. Mercenaries have been

5gS65tq.png

No need to be all parentheses-whispering, guy!

Couldn't think of a better way to drop another hint there. green

I knew it felt weird when I read it through play tests. purple

Mayor: Ah sorry, it’s been hard with the recent bandit attacks and trying to find help only to be told our gold is too little. Do not worry about our troubles and enjoy the feast. You and your friend did an amazing job.Now excuse me. *text skip*

There are some text skips in this hack, usually at semi-crucial times. I have to wonder, WHAT DID SHE SAY?

Oh yeah I should have mentioned this, all text skips have nothing in them. its a weird bug I couldn't figure how to fix at the time. so when you see a text skip, it means the person's lines finished and it just didn't finish right.

Sigh, more bugs i got to fix eventually.

Zel: … *sigh*

h43BTUk.png

Dang, this WAS a low-paying job! That's like 4 swords!

lol

wpLWhju.png

NEXT TIME: Rage 1: The ragefest submission that never happened, and it shows!

Also, now that we're done, here are my suggestions for improving the chapter: Add some healing items. At the moment, there are so many bandits attacking you that if anyone fails to dodge(especially with the swordreavers), you'll start running out of HP, and then you won't be able to survive. It's more of long-term luck-based, as in, if you fail a lot of dodge rolls over time, you just won't have enough HP left. There is Rye's elixir, but most players will be hesitant to use it and with all the enemies it's hard to just pass around. Just give the others some vulneraries and things should be much improved.

noted, the fail to dodge becomes bad over time thing was intended a bit but i didn't consider player would view elixir would be too valuable to spam.

Now to wait for rage 1 LP, because I know it can be a hit and a miss sort of thing or super cool.

Edited by MrNight48

Sorry about the delay, but an update is FINALLY HERE!

Past me (about 6 months ago) comments in green.

Me of today comments in purple.

Thanks for the comments! I like the past-now contrast you have going. Although, I'd suggest that you just delete the parts of the update you don't want to comment on, so there isn't wasted space.

Dammit Swordmaster

How the Luck Blade actually works and what it was intended for

In its original design, its was meant for mark to keep trying to use it just so he could steam roll chapter 1 only to keep dying.

It had like 99% chance of reversal but when I decided to add more chapters, I realized it could be a pretty cool mechanic and nerfed it down to 50% chance that goes up by 1% per luck stat you gain. So by the time you capped luck, you had a full 80% chance to kill yourself. Its a controlled luck-based item pretty much and if you did get lucky, the player would get a more rewarding feeling for pulling off the wonder kill when they used it. Also will be the key item to an event later that turns it into a way better secret weapon sword. (like the true ultimate sword that's can fight the true boss type thing)

Also a passive aggressive way to tell the player to kill themself if they felt the need to use it. I was kind of bitter back then hehe ^^||

past logic in green, current logic in purple.

Thanks for the comments! I was kind of hoping to reveal the Luck Blade thing myself, but yeah, I think it's actually a cool gimmick.

Let's rage in...

Rage Emblem: Episode 2: Rage 1: Part 1: Rise to the challenge

XmIyIQ1.png

Of course Zel wants to be a Hero! It's the destiny of all mercenaries!

7B5QDik.png

Zel, all alone(because his loser companions abandoned him), is on this big map...

0nWn19L.pngQghinNf.png

Zel: Too bad that doesn’t happen often…

m4VJCSt.png

Oh man, MYSTERIOUS NEWCOMER

Zel: What?!

p0hQuWi.png

Is it NERGAL?

l4uEspD.png

Oh no, it's this guy, our African American villain/benefactor(there's no dialogue at the end of this chapter because it's incomplete, so we can't know for sure).

C3rMeAK.png

Zel: how did you get here?

Greenie druid: Nevermind that boy, a rich noble’s daughter is in the hands of bandits. Rescue her and you will be rewarded with fame, fortune, and a job in the ranks.

Ooh! LOVE INTEREST TIME!

Zel: Why do you want my help? You seem more than capable to handle simple bandits.

Greenie druid: I’m afraid the bandits are not the head, but the tail of this serpent. I need to find the real culprits of this plot and bring them to justice. Now that you are informed, will you help?

4RMPsxI.pngv0RKMmF.png

Greenie druid: my investigation. Protect the woman till then. *text skip*

hJKU8BG.png2aB9VS3.png

And then he leaves, but not before giving us an actual healing item! I'm sure we'll see him again...

zqEFXvF.png

MEANWHILE, OVER IN THIS REALLY WEIRD FORT

MDPJz8H.pngSSIonPS.png

It's Athos and Bauker for... some... reason...

Bauker(?): Hush Grandpa do not speak of the plan…

PqtUVxu.png

GASP! Is it me? AM I THE TRUE VILLAIN?

No wait, maybe I'm the noble's daughter... I GUESS WE'LL HOPEFULLY FIND OUT.

ohdJoDI.png

Back to Zel, and now there are some enemies on the map...

qMxl45d.png

Indeed! TIME TO BE OFF!

END DIALOGUE

Hta65hK.png

So, this map. It's HUGE, we have ONE unit, and there's TONS of enemies, and the objective is listed as "Rout". So, we have to do all this with ONE UNIT! This seems fun!

(It actually is. This is actually a really well-designed map, as you will see.)

Z8eC2Y4.pngX0z07wE.png

We seem to have a slight soldier power discrepancy.

ty1PSkH.png

Naturally, the stronger one happens to be carrying an important backup weapon. What with all the enemies, running out of swords is a serious problem. In fact, in the original patches, people were forced down to the Luck Blade because the Rush Blade would glitch out.

Q1vZLKB.png8Oipggt.png

Oh, uh, what? I found this guy while scrolling through the enemies.

rKBNtlm.png

Going out from the selection leads me to this tile. Weird.

zYe3lAt.pngOgtt9OJ.png

Guarding the bridge is Athos. You're eating a high crit chance, but he has a SERIOUS crippling overspecialization problem. Min-max fail.

uiV0ZMM.pngrAZd37s.pngmWkZ7j5.png

Bauker has the same problem as Snag, but on the fort this time. Maybe he'll appear by events?

7o5fs6G.png

Anyways, let's get started!

uWeqmre.pngDpq0ae9.pngbrT0DZc.pngHttthnv.png

Okay, so it's going to rain, but the house implies a flood too. And SURELY a hack of this scale would never have a gimmick that amazing! Don't get my hopes up, here!

c4NOViI.png

The cavs near the start really aren't a threat.

XHzCMY6.png52RRF3d.png

Lots of them charge towards me, and it's raining now. Just what I needed on a map this big!

cQpiRsx.png

Looks like the only option is to press forward!

dZOwEUC.png

Is this really the best you could do, Zel?

7zRTkqv.png

At least he has good defenses.

bUtXHL3.png

Oh sweet, the rain stopped.

Im1KPgg.png

Murder! Good level!

RwImZre.png

Annnnnd it started again.

I move to heal, and...

0fxkGKT.png

Holy CRAP! 15-use vulnerary!

So, this is very very very VERY welcome, considering how many enemies we're fighting with just this one dude.

LJ6bUUn.png

Zel, with the NEWFOUND MOTIVATION of the uber vulnerary(which heals 15 HP, by the way), decides that he CAN WIN this battle!

0C8JJzJ.png

Huh? The game's hanging...

TKYySmu.png

So yeah, this was a bug. I tried restarting the chapter, but nope. Turns out there was a broken event. I had to have Mr. Night send me the fix patch, because there was an event here that just never played. Of course, the fix patch breaks ANOTHER event due to complicated romhacking things, so I'll have to toggle between the two patches again later.

8axHzdb.png

Anyways. It gets fixed, and Zel uses his RUSH BLADE!

9TvJD8d.png6lkixwz.png

...How did this happen? I don't even remember... did I restart the chapter? Just ignore these...

awDfnvn.png

Anyways, a troubadour and a bandit spawn! THEY'RE GONNA DESTROY THE VILLAGES! Mr. Night said that was a game over!

B9ewCWu.png

But, THERE MAY STILL BE HOPE!

QHn41xa.png

Whoa, what?

Zel: Hey, Didn’t I see you at the other Hous-

Rescue Service Employee: Nope and as always the fee comes at a later time.

So, this will make a bit more sense later, but I'm expecting us to have to fight the Rescue Service Employees eventually because of some insane debt.

x576Y5k.png

Anyways, she spawns up here! What can she do?

s358rIV.pngAJuAcbq.pngGnk4AgH.png

Why, Rescue us places, of course! The description is amazing, the staff is droppable for some reason, and she could pretty much explode the world if she actually picked up a fire tome.

QQuyg4g.pngssNRKze.png

Anyways, let's get him up there!

i10LLTy.png

Poison lances. They suck.

YEbE8QU.png

Slim lances. Their suckiness is... slim.

ZdeIzyi.png

No Employee! DON'T LEAVE US!

So yeah, they only stay for the turn you summon them before turning green and flying into a house. Use 'em or lose 'em!

aPAU81o.png

And now we're forced down to just the rush blade. The HEAVY rush blade.

lKaDnYe.png

That's it Zel! Get speed to make up for it!

pVJZS2o.png

Village down!

Mr. Night said their destruction was meant to cause a game over, but they didn't for some reason. I guess we might as well continue!

hH0ILxJ.png

That's odd...was this here before?

Wait, I'd best look around a bit more...

X9FWfFr.png

I KNOW this wasn't here before. Which can only mean...

Crap.

NEXT TIME: The train wreck run

Let's rage in...

Rage Emblem: Episode 2: Rage 1: Part 2: Water Water EveryWHY

FaZCRsk.png

This really isn't a good way to start the update.

oMRVMvl.png

Really. Just not a good way.

5qsFEtP.png

Get to it fast! Time for an epic reward!

zduJb9V.pngr3O2XC3.pngiV965td.png

Uh...

QzDAwQ3.png

Did they... did they literally rip him a new-

FSWAuTr.png

They did, didn't they.

WELL I GUESS WE SHOULDN'T VISIT THAT VILLAGE

MnpIlaP.png

We'll visit this house instead!

JmhARuj.png

Pretty much the same as the last one, though Zel's line is slightly different! Let's see where she'll take us this time!

OqqVdDu.png

Oh?

zau686d.pngKqB9fz1.png

So yeah. This employee apparently has spontaneous morphing/teleporting powers. I'd hate to have them as enemies, hopefully the debt isn't crippling.

nbm79QW.png

Hold on, I have to see-

RyO4JmZ.png7pxjrCz.png

Not badass enough, apparently.

NuQmKCz.pngK14Tz5l.png

I'll use the employee, AFTER I visit this house.

zRGAxQz.png

Also, this village is gone too! Man, I'm doing this totally wrong, aren't I?

Also, I just realized how incrtedibly amazing intentional troubadour bandits are. Just think about it:

"Hello, I'm here to heal you!"

"That's great, we really need medics-"

"MURDER EVERYONE STAFF, GO"

YdLajcI.pngtX43WFT.pnglo4PObs.pngjnlZxlM.png

Okay, good. This guy will take care of the village for us.

tgZu6JX.pngI5ITpWX.png

One destroyed, one saved!

H1CQU34.png

This other troubadour spawns, a bit late to the party.

NryRq0y.png

Okay Employee! BRING US HERE!

vGlY4wM.png

And then she leaves us again.

UcTlulc.png

Oh man, it's raining again! You probably noticed that it's been a while since we dealt with rain. That was the calm before the storm, it's permanently raining after this.

Anyways, he visits that house...

7v9l7hz.pngjnNCf1v.png

Huh?

fgxP0hF.png

Oh cool!

85to0RK.pngBxrGQOE.png

The timing of this message is just a coincidence, right? Please tell me yes...

hQaBIv9.png

Nope, no less than FOUR adversaries spawn! This is it everyone! THE END OF Z-

9MVKjj5.pngAPPaCuC.png

Oh. Oh no. We're good.

(Check out that myrm's hairdo!)

aNA0Dfe.pngMyKxvZv.png

Levels!

39DmJhh.png

Oh great, it's about to cut off that village!

7bH5v8Q.pngQFhcuyH.png1hvu6i5.png

Outta the way, soldiers! Zel's on a mission here!

LqOfAuP.png

TOO LATE! But it seems a river is forming! We'd best get out of the way!

j1HEMUe.png

AFTER visiting this house!

Y6BROqU.png

Lady: Allow noble’s to be with their true love? Now they allow the public to use it for faster and safer message delivery. Ah it is so romantic!...

Romantic, right up until their debtors crash the wedding.

fLbp8Al.pngpHDt7na.png

That's it, Zel. Just walk away.

Yeqz1BM.png

Let's visit this one instead...

SjpqgRq.png

NOW WE'RE TALKING! Yeah!

mIXVJgz.png

And so one of the things I actually don't like about this chapter is revealed: Inventory management! I choose to throw out the Rush Blade, but honestly, there are a lot of items thrown at your one guy this chapter, and you pretty much CAN'T hold them all.

Xy10oXM.png

AND THEN COMES THE RIVER

There's nothing we can do at this point, it's pretty much game over. This is entirely intentional on Mr. Night's part.

vgJpQAI.png

Using a savestate, we SIDESTEP!

nOlVWTs.png

Okay, NEXT HOUSE!

n7F1bCb.png

Old man: Beware a certain group of bandits. They do not seem like your average bandit, I hear they burn down towns just to see it burn. Oh, it’s too terrible for words!

Let me guess, it's the EVIL troubadour bandits!

eFOIykv.png

Okay, the last house we're gonna be able to explore!

Bp9gJJA.pngI1R90tP.png

Okay, there is ONLY ONE available course of action here!

ks8GOKw.pngUMTGQhv.png

The dialogue changed! WE'RE GONNA DO IT!

O4kBQ60.pngNVRNdzC.pngop72eSW.png

What...?

NO, I MUST KEEP GOING

3zCECjF.png

A-HA!

rFzQeT0.png

Wait...

gmlA0zD.png

Oh, I get it. Okay. That was useless.

(No, it can't be used as an actual item)

TjFmllu.png

While that was happening, more people spawned over here.

kfrLxlV.png

The berserker isn't a threat, but he has a killer axe.

wbl9IoD.png

Oh man, the flood's split the map into four by now!

JQG9Rs8.png

Maybe I'll just wait a little bit...

MuK3xZf.png

WHOA. Now Athos's bridge has a point!

mADgmJE.png

I go back a few turns so I can move this guy down.

wpzwFQX.png

The flood's pretty much taken everything down here, too.

XWbMN8Q.png

Oh, what? Those pegs were reinforcements!

0DQRroE.png57JtvN2.png

Honestly, these pegs are really weak, come for several turns straight, and are easy to kill. It feels like they're only there to slow you down.

tWGwbCk.png

The bottom eventually turns into THIS.

mE4m339.png

However, the water isn't going any higher! ...Hooray?

715sdgz.png

Turns out Athos isn't that hard! ...As long as I use vulneraries.

8LqzxdM.pngU8CAEsI.png

And then more pegs come! Dangit, I thought we were done!

NEXT TIME: End, Beginning, and another end

. . . (quitely takes note for future refrence)

actually i played this hack before, and the flood thing is kinda neat. im not too fond of the rest of the chapter but eh, the intent is interesting at the very least.

i like the gimmick, thou I'm not entirely fond of the one unit this stage thing.

As Mr. Night said, this entire stage is kind of a puzzle(albeit one where you have to do one "bad" run to get the info needed for a proper one), and having another unit would totally break the design.

Let's rage in...

Rage Emblem: Episode 2: Rage 1: Part 3: And do it RIGHT this time

c5wbcUq.png6NSa5jo.png

Last time, we were getting owned by Athos, but I eventually manage to beat him.

ujSFA65.pngH6qUE77.png

He's dead!

ZkOAV6G.png

Now to break down the walls!

InY7Mdm.png

And then these guys all appear, just from attacking the wall.

Screw it, I've missed so much stuff, I'm just gonna redo the chapter so I can get it all.

ZxUTgpl.png

BACK TO THE BEGINNING!

Remember how I said this chapter was a puzzle? Now I will show you the solution:

g74cqmW.png

STEP I: Make a beeline for this village, being sure to slaughter everyone in your path! Remember, it's a Rout mission!

It's actually not a rout, I just thought it was at the time.

SHRQFPe.pngSUERrn6.png

Hooray! One that actually doesn't kill us! As our reward, we get...

MmjfxKP.png

...Another vulnerary? I guess it's not like we don't want it, but...seems like a bit overkill.

uVzQCl8.png

While I'm engaging the enemies below me, these losers appear. Which is fine, because I have to kill them at some point!

B1l7wf8.png

Okay, let's see what's in here...

upUuVaQ.png

Tree lady: has a bad omen it is haunted by a human like tree. Although, no one knows if its true or not because very few claim to see it.

I think this is either A: A "don't visit the village with the snag" warning, or B: Some sort of clue as to killing snag. Either way, it could stand to be a bit more clear.

7aqvXqs.png

Next, this house! This is very important, as it is STEP II of the true solution!

5oqvNBG.png

This is actually the first one you're supposed to visit, so we get different dialogue:

Zel: What is that?

KX0XH1J.png

Telling us not to worry, and mentioning no hard numbers? Yup, we're definitely dealing with a loan shark.

ubPKEvO.png

It's another Warp Valkyrie!

yaxoGlY.png

TAKE US HERE! This is STEP III of the True Solution!

swdPbo2.png

This plays every time I use one of her staves, but she's already at S rank, and the turn ends too soon for me to check it! I'm curious now!

9XWcIe3.png

So yeah, this is one of my few beefs with the chapter. We're given 5 slots to hold all that's right here, plus a boots, an iron rune, whatever this next village gives us, and possibly the Insanity(though the True Solution doesn't involve getting that, so...). If I could change one thing, I'd give Zel 6 inventory slots(though that isn't really... possible...), or a merchant in some inaccessible area so we wouldn't have to trash good stuff.

Next up, visiting that village, PART IV of the True Solution!

tzM8XJk.png

Dude: Rumor has it, they’ve started taking women now, even noblewomen. You seem like a strong lad. If you are going that way, meet our merchant for a special weapon for their boss and rid us of them once and for all.

2qCGVjS.png

We get nothing NOW, but see this spot right here?

j2G0slF.png

Something's hiding there...

hKXaSdS.pngNH52GHg.png

It's a shaman, who apparently has an item for us! The gimmick of this village is that we have to get to this shaman to pick up our reward. Honestly, what with my inventory gripes, I'm totally okay with this.

xqgchiR.png

Next house!

KdqkuL4.png

Zel: Near the fort with walls…

And that's it. Very helpful.

o4XwAYN.png

I then move back a few turns with a savestate so I don't have to visit that unnecessary house, because the True Solution involves minimizing all detours!

bmtJtO9.png

Routing isn't looking so far away any more, huh? Killing all those enemies actually wasn't as difficult as it looked...

PTAjkae.png

Have I visited these already?

EgATwT1.png

Yup. Never mind, moving down.

KNeoNBp.png

PART V of the True Solution! You can imagine why these are important.

5mNmSuY.png

Bluh. Goodbye.

vEJpmnz.png

Again, late to the party! Luckily, these guys can be trusted to come to me.

ffzOcMT.png

There, village saved! Since villages are technically supposed to be game overs if they aren't saved, this is PART VI of the True Solution!

ZNW6PBq.png

The flood is starting!

dX0GNZg.png

The bandit actually isn't trapped, he has mountain powers!

FNbDZcX.png

Kill! We have to rout everyone!

AgEZXwW.png

I try to get rid of the snag by waiting near it or something, but nope.

GHqnG7l.png

Everyone is gone... BUT ATHOS. And I guess Snag.

bjT3ThE.png

I wait a few turns for these guys, just so I can kill them. That's right, I had EXTRA turns! I could have taken my time and got that Iron Rune from earlier, but I totally forgot. The True Solution does have some wiggle room, but I didn't use it properly. Hopefully, I won't have needed that Iron Rune for anything later...

lYoZJQC.png

Okay, get this Warp Valkyrie set up...

FNJnHEA.png

Now, you MIGHT be tempted to warp here. But that wouldn't do anything! The flood has progressed to the point where an entire section of the map is cut off!

CYX0an0.png

So instead, warp HERE! THIS is PART VII of the True Solution!

wZyYkqN.png

Since I have to manually end turns due to that invisible Shaman, I check her and find out that whatever staff she's using is giving NEGATIVE WEXP.

HG7XPTX.png

Bye!

jhQD9Py.png

And then she teleported into this house.

mKayVPQ.png

And then we use the wyvern to rescue Zel here, past the flood! PART VIII of the True Solution!

cdWrvM8.png

The flood is still progressing...

kIWt5PF.png

PART IX: Kill Athos! The reason the flood is so much further is because I waited out the peg reinforcements.

3khNrvX.png

BAM. DEAD.

ZjYtuph.png

DAM. BEAD.

2V15oKD.png

Flooding is now in full swing! Don't worry about the berserker, HE can actually cross the lake tiles!

ZtLJYQr.png

Okay, time to finish this!

gTwwLo0.png

I'm ready for the enemies this time!

RW28p3h.png

DIE!

cWd3eKZ.png

Well, I have extra inventory slots now. Dang.

dsz6MYC.png

Oh, looks like the bridge gets washed away eventually!

Honestly, you kind of have to wonder how this makes sense. This entire location acts like a desert that floods because the ground can't receive water. Flooding DOES NOT work like this in standard grassy areas! There wasn't even a river that would overflow to start things off!

S8U5ibA.png

Maybe if we wait here...?

uwSU52i.png

Nope.

9DZz50S.png

Okay, forget it for now! Let's see if we can take him out with normal weapons!

lXlIjjV.pngqNop492.png

Dead and dead.

c1hcwOB.png

He doesn't move, and we actually CAN beat him, but NOT without copious amounts of RNG abuse. Let's try again to get that armorslayer...

qsW1lhc.pngZdMCfzo.png

Oh, THERE it is! One tile off! This is PART X of the True Solution!

8c7W8hd.png

Give!

eeVxWMa.png

A turn later, and he dies automatically. I guess parting with his prized weapon was just too much.

YtT1prO.png

MY DEAR LORD does this thing do insane damage! Was effectiveness buffed back to triple?

tnDsCHW.png

The True Solution is now COMPLETE!

Mf3hcPY.png

mHpfdHo.png

You shall be missed!

0lWhxJt.png

I was actually relieved that the chapter ended. While I did Rout every visible enemy, the Snag was alive right up to the end, and if I had been required to kill him somehow I don't know what I would have done. Still, you have to fix that objective text, Mr. Night!

Nklzvi7.png

Yeah, no dialogue. I hope you weren't interested in the plot, because everything after what we saw wasn't complete. Just gameplay, from now on! And now, we're getting into the chapters that no one but me and the author have seen so far!

NEXT TIME: Underground fort of flame, dodging, and a useful unit with newfound utility...

Past - Green

Now - Purple

Thanks for the comments! I like the past-now contrast you have going. Although, I'd suggest that you just delete the parts of the update you don't want to comment on, so there isn't wasted space.

Actually, I was thinking of doing that.

Thanks for the comments! I was kind of hoping to reveal the Luck Blade thing myself, but yeah, I think it's actually a cool gimmick.

Oops.

Let's rage in...

Rage Emblem: Episode 2: Rage 1: Part 1: Rise to the challenge

l4uEspD.png

Oh no, it's this guy, our African American villain/benefactor(there's no dialogue at the end of this chapter because it's incomplete, so we can't know for sure).

Ok at this point, I will talk about the story because its all still a work in progress.

About this guy

yes he is the main villain but also the final boss. He is the spirit of war (was going to give him his own game of HOW he became that) that was has been free of the rage emblem for quite some time. I wondered if there is more than one fire emblem and how an mystical emblem is made. Now he starts off helpful but probably a huge cliche, you are only furthering his plans to create elibe's regular dose of war. He is the reason for your ikes, your hectors, your ephraims, even your Durbans of the FE world. He does this to find powerful soldiers like them to add them to his armies in a soldiers paradise kind of thing.

zqEFXvF.png

MEANWHILE, OVER IN THIS REALLY WEIRD FORT

MDPJz8H.pngSSIonPS.png

It's Athos and Bauker for... some... reason...

placeholders :X

Bauker(?): Hush Grandpa do not speak of the plan…

PqtUVxu.png

GASP! Is it me? AM I THE TRUE VILLAIN?

No wait, maybe I'm the noble's daughter... I GUESS WE'LL HOPEFULLY FIND OUT.

All in due time hahahahahaa

Hta65hK.png

So, this map. It's HUGE, we have ONE unit, and there's TONS of enemies, and the objective is listed as "Rout". So, we have to do all this with ONE UNIT! This seems fun!

(It actually is. This is actually a really well-designed map, as you will see.)

After my failure with the first rage submission, I decided to experiment with map sizes that are in my design limits. I was going to do the cedar nix's Matthew's nightmare thing with multiple layered maps but keeping track of the events and map changes was insanely complicated. This is where I felt like it would have been so much easier to do chapters and where I realized ragefest had fundamental problems in the concept.

Problems I felt about with RageFest

1. You have a fun idea for many beginner hackers to design for however there is a lot of shit to learn to make a decent chapter.

2. A lot of rage elements were somewhat banned by mark/ already done before. I get why but its really hard to design something hard with what was allowed. (not to mention mark's own ragefest hack broke some of his own rules)

3. Cedar nix set the bar really damn high that kind of made everything else after that seem not creative enough.

4. Hard to ask for help without getting mocked/called lazy/ or called stupid.

5. Also hard to find others and work with to finish said hack with conflicting schedules, timing, and good chance people/even me would quit or take a hiatus.

6. The person you are designing ragefest for (mark), would pretty much not like it anyway due to playing other bad hacks and will most likely ignore the effort that went in to it due to it still being a shit hack gameplay wise. this leads to...

7. Based from his LP's, he always raged harder on actual hacks than 1 chapter ragefests and despite what he says, its far more entertaining than him saying, "oh this ragefest submission sucks" (I still remember the Dream of Five outburst about the characters, in hindsight, its kind of fucked up so I get it) and I figured this is because the little shit that's annoying builds up over chapters and if you know its just 1 chapter, you are willing to do shit that would normally screw you, i.e letting minor characters die/ throwing away valuable shit.

8. So all of this makes it not beginner friendly so that means its meant for experienced hackers who, honestly would rather work on their own hacks than 1 chapter ragefest submissions. Also laziness/ bad timing/ other better shit to do kills a lot of projects.

So I decided fuck that and just make it a full hack. Not bashing mark but I just felt like it was a wasted idea because a lot of people want to get into FE hacking but there is really is no incentive to keep navigating through the bullshit of the gba fe engine just to be told it sucks. Most of it was not documented either too.

Some of the stuff I still feel is valid even today but the community has gotten better and so has the documentation. I was absolutely right about the working with others thing because I ended up taking a hiatus hence is why I didn't really ask for others help for designing it because I wanted to at least have a full completed demo hack done so when others contributed, it at least went somewhere. I am also still working on my ragefest as well just to prove to past self I was wrong and it can done. Just not be so ambitious.

Z8eC2Y4.pngX0z07wE.png

We seem to have a slight soldier power discrepancy.

So the poison dude could actually hits you, also units who drop stuff have to be a separate unit from the others.

ty1PSkH.png

Naturally, the stronger one happens to be carrying an important backup weapon. What with all the enemies, running out of swords is a serious problem. In fact, in the original patches, people were forced down to the Luck Blade because the Rush Blade would glitch out.

yeah I wasn't trying to force the player to the luck blade so I added another blade you could get if you wasn't trying to LTC the chapter.

Q1vZLKB.png8Oipggt.png

Oh, uh, what? I found this guy while scrolling through the enemies.

meant to be the warning that the village was haunted by a bad omen and will cause a gameover if not dealt with. needs a better description telling the player that.

zYe3lAt.pngOgtt9OJ.png

Guarding the bridge is Athos. You're eating a high crit chance, but he has a SERIOUS crippling overspecialization problem. Min-max fail.

I also went for the "thou shall not pass joke" but with subtly, so it's not in your face with it.

Ah past me, you are not fucking clever at all, at least its not in your face to scream I tell bad jokes from time to time.

uWeqmre.pngDpq0ae9.pngbrT0DZc.pngHttthnv.png

Okay, so it's going to rain, but the house implies a flood too. And SURELY a hack of this scale would never have a gimmick that amazing! Don't get my hopes up, here!

:D, Can't wait to to do the snow chapter, I have ideas for that concept too.

Sorry past me, that will take awhile with all these great games coming out. Oh and getting your future in order and shit.

c4NOViI.png

The cavs near the start really aren't a threat.

hehe seems that way doesn't it :}

dZOwEUC.png

Is this really the best you could do, Zel?

hey man, that resistance stat will be very useful later.

7zRTkqv.png

At least he has good defenses.

with good reason, you will see soon

RwImZre.png

Annnnnd it started again.

I move to heal, and...

I really wish I could get the thunderbolts to work again, its a sign when the weather was gonna change.

0fxkGKT.png

Holy CRAP! 15-use vulnerary!

So, this is very very very VERY welcome, considering how many enemies we're fighting with just this one dude.

yeah I wanted good heals till I gave the player a healer. Sorry that it's only 10 heals, couldn't figure out how to change that without asm hacking ;-;, hopefully future me can figure that shit out.

Good news past me, I updated it to 15 hp heals and without asm hacking! Turns out nightmare had a module for just that. So yay us!

0C8JJzJ.png

Huh? The game's hanging...

TKYySmu.png

So yeah, this was a bug. I tried restarting the chapter, but nope. Turns out there was a broken event. I had to have Mr. Night send me the fix patch, because there was an event here that just never played. Of course, the fix patch breaks ANOTHER event due to complicated romhacking things, so I'll have to toggle between the two patches again later.

How? Damn thunderbolts

Turns out it may have never been the thunderbolts. Probably fucked up memory of the map changes because whenever I event assemble either ch1 or 2 the other breaks. So will figure this out later.

QHn41xa.png

Whoa, what?

Zel: Hey, Didn’t I see you at the other Hous-

Rescue Service Employee: Nope and as always the fee comes at a later time.

So, this will make a bit more sense later, but I'm expecting us to have to fight the Rescue Service Employees eventually because of some insane debt.

In hindsight, that could be good for the story. better than

The truth about employee (more story)

She is the second MC of this hack. She also lied about the payment because its actually free, Run by the elibe's government, basically their post office system. She said this because she is planning to get zel to help her save her sister later cause he is a mercenary but she assumed he would charge an insane amount like the other mercenaries who are charging a fortune for their services. They all decided they could charge so much if they all did so.

s358rIV.pngAJuAcbq.pngGnk4AgH.png

Why, Rescue us places, of course! The description is amazing, the staff is droppable for some reason, and she could pretty much explode the world if she actually picked up a fire tome.

Limstella slot :D

YEbE8QU.png

Slim lances. Their suckiness is... slim.

All slim may get the same buff as the sword so....yeah

ZdeIzyi.png

No Employee! DON'T LEAVE US!

So yeah, they only stay for the turn you summon them before turning green and flying into a house. Use 'em or lose 'em!

exactly, 1 turn to use them.

aPAU81o.png

And now we're forced down to just the rush blade. The HEAVY rush blade.

It's actually intended to use the rush blade entirely for this chapter, the silm sword was just added in prologue so you don't use a lot of rush blades.

pVJZS2o.png

Village down!

Mr. Night said their destruction was meant to cause a game over, but they didn't for some reason. I guess we might as well continue!

O_O where the fuck is my gameover past me?!

what? wait didn't I get rid of that for 2 villages due to it not being a ragefest submission anymore? Oh yeah i did do that, only one is a instant gameover while the other ones are meant for how you want to beat the chapter. the extra vulnenary is so you could just heal through the general while chipping down the general or just slam him with the armorslayer. Giving the player options.

Oh yeah, Wanted the chapter to be balanced for all types of players, even the LTC'ers so I offered another way for the chapter to be beaten but its not balanced or figured out properly yet. Also wanted the player to see what would happen when the troubadours showed up and to see what else the chapter does after the village is destroyed.

hH0ILxJ.png

That's odd...was this here before?

Wait, I'd best look around a bit more...

X9FWfFr.png

I KNOW this wasn't here before. Which can only mean...

Crap.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

NEXT TIME: The train wreck run

Edited by MrNight48

Let's rage in...

Rage Emblem: Episode 2: Rage 1: Part 2: Water Water EveryWHY

nbm79QW.png

Hold on, I have to see-

RyO4JmZ.png7pxjrCz.png

Not badass enough, apparently.

didn't realize you could do that but still works out

zRGAxQz.png

Also, this village is gone too! Man, I'm doing this totally wrong, aren't I?

that's pretty much a game over at this point lol

Also, I just realized how incrtedibly amazing intentional troubadour bandits are. Just think about it:

"Hello, I'm here to heal you!"

"That's great, we really need medics-"

"MURDER EVERYONE STAFF, GO"

Exactly, Also they heal people you are trying to kill along the way. So useful for the enemy. Best part is, if you just leave them alone, they will use their high movespeed to attack any village they can get to.

YdLajcI.pngtX43WFT.pnglo4PObs.pngjnlZxlM.png

Okay, good. This guy will take care of the village for us.

In later patches, he joins you in chapter 2 because of this, for now he automatically joins you in chapter 2.

hQaBIv9.png

Nope, no less than FOUR adversaries spawn! This is it everyone! THE END OF Z-

9MVKjj5.pngAPPaCuC.png

Oh. Oh no. We're good.

(Check out that myrm's hairdo!)

My way of introducing ambush spawning. Also to freak the player out a bit but will kill them if their health was too low.

39DmJhh.png

Oh great, it's about to cut off that village!

So this is one of the main things I like about the flood concept, It allows me to force the player to hurry up if they try to turtle. Another way instead of using more units that the player could probably workaround or just get killed without figuring out the chapter. My idea was let the player learn from the failures and plan better for their next run.

7bH5v8Q.pngQFhcuyH.png1hvu6i5.png

Outta the way, soldiers! Zel's on a mission here!

Also once the players sees the beginning of the flood, they start to hurry the fuck up. :D

Y6BROqU.png

Lady: Allow noble’s to be with their true love? Now they allow the public to use it for faster and safer message delivery. Ah it is so romantic!...

Romantic, right up until their debtors crash the wedding.

Actually this was to explain why Eturia came up with the wrap and rescue staffs. Like all great inventions, its either to kill people faster or for boning. I went with the power of love between cheating spouses. Also I always wonder why the fuck these people allow our units to just visit there houses for nothing return so cougar joke.

fLbp8Al.pngpHDt7na.png

That's it, Zel. Just walk away.

at least its subtlety

SjpqgRq.png

NOW WE'RE TALKING! Yeah!

I have learned when you force a player through a big ass map, give them some boots to make their effort worth it.

It really does reward the player.

mIXVJgz.png

And so one of the things I actually don't like about this chapter is revealed: Inventory management! I choose to throw out the Rush Blade, but honestly, there are a lot of items thrown at your one guy this chapter, and you pretty much CAN'T hold them all.

This was intended to piss off the player, guess it worked?

Even the item management has a order, you are suppose to use the boots and throw out the second used up vulnenrary or rush blade to have everything. May change it up a bit so its possible to have it all. Also insanity is just an achievement, if I ever do asm hacking, it will be counted but for now, its just an Easter egg joke.

Xy10oXM.png

AND THEN COMES THE RIVER

There's nothing we can do at this point, it's pretty much game over. This is entirely intentional on Mr. Night's part.

vgJpQAI.png

Using a savestate, we SIDESTEP!

oh your gameover will come in another way :D

nOlVWTs.png

Okay, NEXT HOUSE!

n7F1bCb.png

Old man: Beware a certain group of bandits. They do not seem like your average bandit, I hear they burn down towns just to see it burn. Oh, it’s too terrible for words!

Let me guess, it's the EVIL troubadour bandits!

They will be special units called pyromanics who this advice relates to. The troubadour bandits are that type of bandit.

eFOIykv.png

Okay, the last house we're gonna be able to explore!

Bp9gJJA.pngI1R90tP.png

Okay, there is ONLY ONE available course of action here!

ks8GOKw.pngUMTGQhv.png

The dialogue changed! WE'RE GONNA DO IT!

O4kBQ60.pngNVRNdzC.pngop72eSW.png

What...?

NO, I MUST KEEP GOING

3zCECjF.png

A-HA!

rFzQeT0.png

Wait...

gmlA0zD.png

Oh, I get it. Okay. That was useless.

(No, it can't be used as an actual item)

I am absolutely surprised you found and did the achievement. Laughed hard at this.

That house was first a instant gameover but when it became a hack, I decided to make it a gameover due to time loss with a easter egg achievement to make it somewhat worth it.

MuK3xZf.png

WHOA. Now Athos's bridge has a point!

mADgmJE.png

I go back a few turns so I can move this guy down.

I also like how its kind of counters savestate abuse too.

XWbMN8Q.png

Oh, what? Those pegs were reinforcements!

actually that one you just forgot to kill based off the earlier pics.

0DQRroE.png57JtvN2.png

Honestly, these pegs are really weak, come for several turns straight, and are easy to kill. It feels like they're only there to slow you down.

They are, there is a game breaking bug with the wall. Break it before the map change where athos is and the wall will respawn and you can't break it again. Happens only one turn so added them at the right turns to prevent the player from killing that way and if you try to take on athos during this time, very good chance you will die from the chip damage the pegs do.

mE4m339.png

However, the water isn't going any higher! ...Hooray?

if you saw the light parts of the map before the flood, it shows exactly where it will flood.

715sdgz.png

Turns out Athos isn't that hard! ...As long as I use vulneraries.

and i gave you 30 of those bad boys

8LqzxdM.pngU8CAEsI.png

And then more pegs come! Dangit, I thought we were done!

a1yKSLj.jpg

All according to plan

NEXT TIME: End, Beginning, and another end

i like the gimmick, thou I'm not entirely fond of the one unit this stage thing.

Like moniker said, a lot of the chapter design falls apart with more units because it was originally designed just for Zel. Not really sure how I could right now.

Edited by MrNight48

As Mr. Night said, this entire stage is kind of a puzzle(albeit one where you have to do one "bad" run to get the info needed for a proper one), and having another unit would totally break the design.

^this

Let's rage in...

Rage Emblem: Episode 2: Rage 1: Part 3: And do it RIGHT this time

ZkOAV6G.png

Now to break down the walls!

so eager

InY7Mdm.png

And then these guys all appear, just from attacking the wall.

Screw it, I've missed so much stuff, I'm just gonna redo the chapter so I can get it all.

And boom goes the dynamite, the beauty is you somewhat know what to expect.

ZxUTgpl.png

BACK TO THE BEGINNING!

Remember how I said this chapter was a puzzle? Now I will show you the solution:

oooooo

g74cqmW.png

STEP I: Make a beeline for this village, being sure to slaughter everyone in your path! Remember, it's a Rout mission!

It's actually not a rout, I just thought it was at the time.

Yeah I should have done a better job of telling the player to reach the fort. Sadly couldn't get the conditional events to work because I didn't understand them back then so it ended being "kill the boss". Forgot about that sorry.

SHRQFPe.pngSUERrn6.png

Hooray! One that actually doesn't kill us! As our reward, we get...

MmjfxKP.png

...Another vulnerary? I guess it's not like we don't want it, but...seems like a bit overkill.

bu-but you need it ;-;

no regrets, extra heals if you somehow fuck up your healing management.

uVzQCl8.png

While I'm engaging the enemies below me, these losers appear. Which is fine, because I have to kill them at some point!

Indeed or find someway to trap the troubadour.

B1l7wf8.png

Okay, let's see what's in here...

upUuVaQ.png

Tree lady: has a bad omen it is haunted by a human like tree. Although, no one knows if its true or not because very few claim to see it.

I think this is either A: A "don't visit the village with the snag" warning, or B: Some sort of clue as to killing snag. Either way, it could stand to be a bit more clear.

It's A, will keep this in mind.

yaxoGlY.png

TAKE US HERE! This is STEP III of the True Solution!

could have also go to the boots house to pick them up earlier and get even MORE turns.

9XWcIe3.png

So yeah, this is one of my few beefs with the chapter. We're given 5 slots to hold all that's right here, plus a boots, an iron rune, whatever this next village gives us, and possibly the Insanity(though the True Solution doesn't involve getting that, so...). If I could change one thing, I'd give Zel 6 inventory slots(though that isn't really... possible...), or a merchant in some inaccessible area so we wouldn't have to trash good stuff.

I feel the rage back in time and it gives me POWER FOR CHAPTER 3!

Again, meant to piss you off, although insanity is absolutely not needed.

2qCGVjS.png

We get nothing NOW, but see this spot right here?

j2G0slF.png

Something's hiding there...

hKXaSdS.pngNH52GHg.png

It's a shaman, who apparently has an item for us! The gimmick of this village is that we have to get to this shaman to pick up our reward. Honestly, what with my inventory gripes, I'm totally okay with this.

that was the idea.

He may have a vulneneray too to trade off there instead of the village while the village gives money instead. will test it when I re-amp rage emblem.

xqgchiR.png

Next house!

KdqkuL4.png

Zel: Near the fort with walls…

And that's it. Very helpful.

Will also point out the spot you are suppose to stand to make him appear in the future.

o4XwAYN.png

I then move back a few turns with a savestate so I don't have to visit that unnecessary house, because the True Solution involves minimizing all detours!

For most of them yes, Give you some turns in case rng fucks with you or you need to do some more healing/ fuck up.

bmtJtO9.png

Routing isn't looking so far away any more, huh? Killing all those enemies actually wasn't as difficult as it looked...

You being able to rout them is the most cool design accident ever for me.

KNeoNBp.png

PART V of the True Solution! You can imagine why these are important.

You will soon see this will be important in the next chapter too.

dX0GNZg.png

The bandit actually isn't trapped, he has mountain powers!

again, amazing that it actually seems like you can rout despite all the shit that should have made this impossible.

bjT3ThE.png

I wait a few turns for these guys, just so I can kill them. That's right, I had EXTRA turns! I could have taken my time and got that Iron Rune from earlier, but I totally forgot. The True Solution does have some wiggle room, but I didn't use it properly. Hopefully, I won't have needed that Iron Rune for anything later...

Oh boy, this is my fault cause the extra turns was so you could get all the important items like the iron rune. However you don't need it because it will be balanced so that you could do it without the iron rune but super hard to get goodies in the future chapters.

wZyYkqN.png

Since I have to manually end turns due to that invisible Shaman, I check her and find out that whatever staff she's using is giving NEGATIVE WEXP.

yeah I got nothing for this.

jhQD9Py.png

And then she teleported into this house.

all the warp and rescue service places allow their employees to use the staff themselves to warp to where the costumer is. how they know where to go? magic n shit Idk fuck coming up with a game lore is hard ok.

Because I can, that's why. why keep the cool shit from the player I say.

kIWt5PF.png

PART IX: Kill Athos! The reason the flood is so much further is because I waited out the peg reinforcements.

all according to plan.

dsz6MYC.png

Oh, looks like the bridge gets washed away eventually!

Honestly, you kind of have to wonder how this makes sense. This entire location acts like a desert that floods because the ground can't receive water. Flooding DOES NOT work like this in standard grassy areas! There wasn't even a river that would overflow to start things off!

Sadly this is where we come to MY biggest pet peeve about FE hacking in general. Constricting Map tile sets where I can't change them or use different ones to fit them to my needs. I hope one day I edit map tiles to fit my needs but till then I will make do with what I have. From the map design, this place means its a super mountainous region with steep mountains that water just slopes off of like a basin. (Was in a geology II class and I kind of liked it.) So just imagine the light green grass tiles are like that from constant floods.

Another example of me working around constricting map tiles.

FNvnX5j.png

that was for the ragefest after this one that also failed with the money man. Needed a beach/boat but had no castle tiles so I made one with the merchant building tiles. This may just be a gaiden chapter with Rye.

eeVxWMa.png

A turn later, and he dies automatically. I guess parting with his prized weapon was just too much.

Yep, use him or lose your chance for an easy win. Also so you couldn't use him as a decoy.

YtT1prO.png

MY DEAR LORD does this thing do insane damage! Was effectiveness buffed back to triple?

You wish, like I can hack something like that. Naw the armorslayer was buffed just so you could kill him.

May buff that to 5 or 10 uses in the future.

tnDsCHW.png

The True Solution is now COMPLETE!

Well done.

0lWhxJt.png

I was actually relieved that the chapter ended. While I did Rout every visible enemy, the Snag was alive right up to the end, and if I had been required to kill him somehow I don't know what I would have done. Still, you have to fix that objective text, Mr. Night!

Noted

Nklzvi7.png

Yeah, no dialogue. I hope you weren't interested in the plot, because everything after what we saw wasn't complete. Just gameplay, from now on! And now, we're getting into the chapters that no one but me and the author have seen so far!

Not suppose to, you are just going into the bandit fortress.

Actually there should be some texts talking about that.

NEXT TIME: Underground fort of flame, dodging, and a useful unit with newfound utility...

I believe the employee's staff rank went down because only archsage/dark druid is allowed to have multiple S ranks.

The flood idea is pretty cool, however.

hmm I see, will check into that later.

Edited by MrNight48

*awesome comments*

Thanks again! The debtor thing is interesting, and it would have been cool to see her as our deuteragonist. Especially as Zel's love interest No no, what if she was the person the villains THOUGHT they had kidnapped?

Let's rage in...

Rage Emblem: Episode 3: Rage 2: The amazing HEALER CONVOY

935h2xw.png

Okay guys, now to begin this AMAZING-

oEavqlA.png

Oh, what?

So, remember how I told you all that I had to flip between two patches due to broken events? This is where I need to switch back to the first patch I was using.

ncLHxaF.png

All the enemies spam-deploy kind of slow...

03b4t9F.pngxFWoXdK.png

Klj8dXH.png

But it eventually turns into this! As you can see, we have to work through this fort, which has plenty of enemies, and one REALLY CONSPICUOUS empty spot. I wonder what could happen there?

O3HL0yi.png

Here are the stats Zel got last chapter, if you're wondering.

NZJLnHl.pngzrAxYyA.pngLMm97Wr.png

Our new teammate is MOOK! He's the guy who barricaded the village last chapter, and his stats are... really bad, actually. Especially compared to Zel's. Maybe he'll be better once we get him a few levels, but I doubt he'll ever be anything but the lame sidekick when compared to Zel.

BhboxMj.pngms8NuRg.png

These generals actually protect you, and not the enemies. You'll see why in a moment.

cuP9Wbj.pngbMnEmNN.png

The sniper, however, is ####ING DENNING, with consequentially AMAZING stats!

PnZ2LEf.png

Basically, you do NOT enter this death radius or you're SCREWED.

sPRATFT.pngT37jTn7.png

The boss is AION HIMSELF, with speed being his only real specialization, just so Mr. Night can show off his "bard animation fix"!

v3I8n3X.png

WHY IS THERE A FIRE TILE THERE

oqu8eci.png

The first part of the chapter is just moving from corner to corner...but maybe we can take a shortcut?

g34pPS0.png

I GUESS NOT

IoBREAo.png

Ah, here they are!

7ozGcSN.pngavXXcsH.pngv0PbJzc.png

First off, we have "wagon", our wagon! She has a staff rank, a cool portrait(is that hair... Leila's?), and not-that-great stats!

K6KVJBR.pngURzulFT.png2rdR0oV.png

And then we have the same lady, again, but with a staff and healing item!

Okay, let me explain the history of this thing: It was originally meant to be both the convoy AND a healer, but Mr. Night couldn't get it to work, so then he made it "deployable"... but I don't think this really counts as deployable. Maybe it'll be different in the final version, but right now they're simply two separate units.

OJumGAL.png

Also, the hack pulled a DDOP and now we have to make this tent wait... every... single... turn...

pNmNIqJ.png

The tent stays where it is now while Zel moves forward and kills stuff!

2OETx6Q.png

Oh crap, they're moving! And Zel isn't there yet! PLEASE LIVE!

Lu4KREn.png

And a thief shows up too!

buw6057.pngdPwdQjJ.png

She dodges the first, but not the second. Honestly, the tent is kind of IMPOSSIBLE to save here, without RNG abuse.

JvqVdMm.png

AND NOW THE EPIC BATTLE SHALL BEGIN

8rr60JY.png

Mook vs HIS LOST LOVE, THE RANDOM GENERIC FEMALE ARCHER

EVuSxdB.png

Zel killed them. Tent avenged. Now we have to get to that thief...

aL0ahXy.png

He has a droppable lockpick... which means we'll get a thief eventually... right?

Myj51dt.png

Now then, Mook isn't doing so hot... I WONDER HOW TO MAKE HIM RECOVER...

2KtTytk.png

Healing animation! Vetta can heal, and see makes a glowing diamond appear to do it!

PUMdkrE.png

At first I'm like "Yay"! Then I'm like "crap", as I realize that I wasn't supposed to kill the guy.

w9Bwuva.png

So, in order to get both chests, you have to let the thief live to open the chest, kill him to get what's inside, then kill the armor knight for his chest key, which can be used to open the other chest. Strategy!

OHsypDZ.png

Can Mook do it? CAN HE SLAY THE ONE HE MIGHT HAVE ONCE LOVED?

Tos1aWd.pnghMhC9QG.png

The stats MAY have been slightly changed. The Steel blade is INCREDIBLY powerful, but Zel is weighed down to like 3 speed if he tries to use it. And the Rush Blade is almost dead, so he's going to be going through the game with like 3 speed once it's all gone.

RwPp5nt.png

And now all the enemies are moving!

3NiEQP6.png

But we got the chest key!

0jpLt1I.png

Now then, Mook, barricade the chokepoint!

7EKLesz.png

Zel is too busy... being... occupied...

pFstHw0.png

Oh. Cool.

QKzaUvh.png

And cavaliers came from the back. Yay...

1YWdTOw.png

Can Mook handle all the enemies?

hPxxvxp.png

Apparently, yes!

SG8VkPU.png

Stats! Also, I think my Zel is very RES-blessed.

jPjpPMl.png

Yeah!

HwLwFZQ.png

Woah, another Rush Blade?

0aspvcJ.png

Keep going, Mook! YOU CAN TANK THEM ALL!

SSmmtdL.png

And now mages. Not sure if Mook can handle this kind of pressure.

4sAAPuu.pngGPBGh3r.png

And it is GONE. Now Zel will spend the rest of the hack being outright HORRIFICALLY weighed down.

ilzzYNa.png

Not really helping, Mook.

SS9UW3N.png

And another thief came. This guy's very existence pretty much mitigates my whole "leave the thief alive" thing, since you can get both chests even if you kill him.

GtapN2c.png

Pain!

itVmqri.png

Vetta resolves to feel less pain...

DZMlhuL.png

!

LhQ1ekA.png

No way! INFINITE USE MINE!

Maybe I should refrain from using it as such, and just use it as a normal torch staff instead... hmmm...

mEvtIKD.png

He could escape, but Mr. Night didn't give them that capability (which is odd, apparently Dream of Five discovered a way to let the thieves escape), so he'll just sit there until we kill him.

4TXcGJS.png

While could take an annoyingly long time.

XzpvR2h.png

Anyways, now to take out this guy!

KnrWKsq.png

Aion dances...

6ZXeUcw.png

And apparently Thor's Ire is Nosferatu. No idea if it actually heals him.

qqNOXkh.png

And now he's dead.

I1z99tC.png

And I have a feeling I might need this...

58uE09A.png

Huh? NO sieze?

Luckily, Mr. Night told me in his PM that he has no idea how to make Zel able to seize things. So, you have to just wait on the throne.

xLseb4z.png

NEXT TIME: Hard level of terribleness

Edited by TheMoniker

Past-Green

Now-Purple

Thanks again! The debtor thing is interesting, and it would have been cool to see her as our deuteragonist. Especially as Zel's love interest No no, what if she was the person the villains THOUGHT they had kidnapped?

No thank you the feedback is excellent and sadly she would not be the love interest. Her character was the insanely strong older sister type (awakening stole my idea with Lucinda ;-;)

however how it was suppose to go was...

Warning, more story spoils that probably will get scraped

Employee's sister is the princess that got kidnapped. Oh she is a noble? No, the princess is a fake who is following orders of the spirit of war for stuff she was also promised, Employee will call in the dept so you are forced to take her a long so she can figure out why her sister is doing all this bullshit and to such lengths, hence the hood like disguise. She is also suppose to be the op sniper with special bows like the luna/eclipse bow. Now the princess is the love interest for Zel who of course betrays him but depending on the supports of both Zel and employee, you can get her back as a promoted unit with stronger stats and better growths.

Let's rage in...

Rage Emblem: Episode 3: Rage 2: The amazing HEALER CONVOY

935h2xw.png

Okay guys, now to begin this AMAZING-

oEavqlA.png

Oh, what?

So, remember how I told you all that I had to flip between two patches due to broken events? This is where I need to switch back to the first patch I was using.

sorry >_>

ncLHxaF.png

All the enemies spam-deploy kind of slow...

Due to no plot added, no cool instant spawn tricks until I do.

03b4t9F.pngxFWoXdK.png

Klj8dXH.png

But it eventually turns into this! As you can see, we have to work through this fort, which has plenty of enemies, and one REALLY CONSPICUOUS empty spot. I wonder what could happen there?

Ok this map is actually part 2 of chapter 1 intended to be a multi-layered ragefest hack. Where you run past the dragon (which got turned into denning) made easier if you got the boots from the previous chapter or you still burn and wasting 3 vulnenaries. (More if you try to get past the wall only to realize its a trick wall) Then this lead to the second room full of "spikes" (soldiers with uber spears that's 1 range) that appear when you step on tiles. So it was a empty room until you stepped on tiles for ambush spawning that would have let you know if you are saved or dead. (which was actually a bullshit mechanic so I am glad it got scraped.) Next is the swordmaster's ballroom mix where M and F swordmasters move in a 1 tile each opposite of each other in a square formation to make it look like they was dancing and give a moving maze type thing that kills you if you don't navigate through them correctly. This was a major pain in the ass and when I realized designing all this within the ragefest limits was stupid and not fun for me while being waaaay too much work to do. Once I broke it down, this chapter became a lot more easy to event for despite getting escaping thieves the work. Also the water on the stairs lets the player know they are now in the fort from the last chapter and shit has flooded out there. (I think I was going to flood this place too before I made it a hack)

At least I figured how to give commands to multiple enemies who are technically the same unit from that dancing swordmasters experiment. So that will be fun for the future. Also this is technically the breather before the fucked up chapter that is next.

NZJLnHl.pngzrAxYyA.pngLMm97Wr.png

Our new teammate is MOOK! He's the guy who barricaded the village last chapter, and his stats are... really bad, actually. Especially compared to Zel's. Maybe he'll be better once we get him a few levels, but I doubt he'll ever be anything but the lame sidekick when compared to Zel.

He's a mook, he is not suppose to be that good. Also he joins because rye told him about zel and he should help him if he found him. Mook is willing to do this because in the failed 3rd ragefest/future gaiden, Rye saved him from going back to jail by the money man.

Blame kent's shit stats, puts things in perspective next to raven, anyway he will be buffed to be nearly as good when you get levels in him due to how short the hack is intended to be and how few characters I am giving the player. (like 8-10 in total) I need to make the units I do give to be liked by the player because that will pretty much be the only type of unit they will get. The first time, Zel was by himself again and you got mook in chapter 3 but his stats suck so much, I wanted to give the player a chance to give him more levels cause I thought that was the problem at the time.

BhboxMj.pngms8NuRg.png

These generals actually protect you, and not the enemies. You'll see why in a moment.

cuP9Wbj.pngbMnEmNN.png

The sniper, however, is ####ING DENNING, with consequentially AMAZING stats!

PnZ2LEf.png

Basically, you do NOT enter this death radius or you're SCREWED.

Meet the fake dragon because the real dragon was an asshole -_-, also here is where getting the boots pays off.

sPRATFT.pngT37jTn7.png

The boss is AION HIMSELF, with speed being his only real specialization, just so Mr. Night can show off his "bard animation fix"!

he is also a dps check kind of boss.

Honestly I can probably fix the bard animation itself to allow for doubling, they probably did that because they didn't want the bards to double dance or make the whole dance animation look smoother with the dancer ending in their final energy giving frame.

v3I8n3X.png

WHY IS THERE A FIRE TILE THERE

oqu8eci.png

The first part of the chapter is just moving from corner to corner...but maybe we can take a shortcut?

pretty much :D

I honestly am not sure why I thought it was cool back then, guess to give the player some troubles instead of an annoying archers that players would have just ignored.

g34pPS0.png

I GUESS NOT

IoBREAo.png

Ah, here they are!

Story about vetta on how she got there

She literally got lost and the low level bandits + Zel mistake her for being the princess. She joins because it's just safer to go with the guys slaughtering bandits who needs somebody to carry all the loot they are getting while needing heals. Her character is an over achieving business woman with an unmatched flair for business. (fun fact, each unit's personality is based off a trait most gamer's have in one way or another) She is one of my favorite portraits due to well she turned out to me.

7ozGcSN.pngavXXcsH.pngv0PbJzc.png

First off, we have "wagon", our wagon! She has a staff rank, a cool portrait(is that hair... Leila's?), and not-that-great stats!

K6KVJBR.pngURzulFT.png2rdR0oV.png

And then we have the same lady, again, but with a staff and healing item!

Okay, let me explain the history of this thing: It was originally meant to be both the convoy AND a healer, but Mr. Night couldn't get it to work, so then he made it "deployable"... but I don't think this really counts as deployable. Maybe it'll be different in the final version, but right now they're simply two separate units.

Not to mention merlinus animation was fucking hard coded, that threw me so hard because it basically made the first animation I ever completed and got working (you should have seen the others, the only one that worked is a custom altered version of the swordmaster animation. may include it in something someday) useless. wait what do you mean not deployable...

OJumGAL.png

Also, the hack pulled a DDOP and now we have to make this tent wait... every... single... turn...

O_o?!

o_O?! why is he...

pNmNIqJ.png

The tent stays where it is now while Zel moves forward and kills stuff!

2OETx6Q.png

Oh crap, they're moving! And Zel isn't there yet! PLEASE LIVE!

Lu4KREn.png

And a thief shows up too!

buw6057.pngdPwdQjJ.png

She dodges the first, but not the second. Honestly, the tent is kind of IMPOSSIBLE to save here, without RNG abuse.

oh my, I thought for sure he would have seen the cons of the units...

Well to be fair, that IS one of it's uses, just in case they player didn't realize vetta has enough con to not only rescue the wagon but gets canto and can move again too. Once I figure it out, she won't get skill/speed penalty for rescuing either so she can carry her wagon with no problems. I might also buff the wagon too while adding dialogue about it. Telling you this now because it will help for chapter 3

8rr60JY.png

Mook vs HIS LOST LOVE, THE RANDOM GENERIC FEMALE ARCHER

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA-

-AHAHAHAHAHA

aL0ahXy.png

He has a droppable lockpick... which means we'll get a thief eventually... right?

2KtTytk.png

Healing animation! Vetta can heal, and see makes a glowing diamond appear to do it!

w9Bwuva.png

So, in order to get both chests, you have to let the thief live to open the chest, kill him to get what's inside, then kill the armor knight for his chest key, which can be used to open the other chest. Strategy!

Actually it was suppose to give the player who didn't get boots wiggle room to get to the thief. Having the boots just means the thief will be in your hands to do as you please

Tos1aWd.pnghMhC9QG.png

The stats MAY have been slightly changed. The Steel blade is INCREDIBLY powerful, but Zel is weighed down to like 3 speed if he tries to use it. And the Rush Blade is almost dead, so he's going to be going through the game with like 3 speed once it's all gone.

This is where the player realizes that Zel was the Jaigen all along. With his defenses, he can do high chip damage for the other units. Plus you get another sword that is literally delivered to you in chapter 3 so no worries.

SG8VkPU.png

Stats! Also, I think my Zel is very RES-blessed.

He really is

HwLwFZQ.png

Woah, another Rush Blade?

BEHOLD! WEAKER BRAVES I CAN THROW AT THE PLAYER WITHOUT IT BEING BULLSHIT!

SS9UW3N.png

And another thief came. This guy's very existence pretty much mitigates my whole "leave the thief alive" thing, since you can get both chests even if you kill him.

That is not true, both thieves go for one chest only and then get an AI change to "escape" due to the event trigger of opening the chest. I came up with work arounds cause the whole thief AI had not been completely figured out yet.

DZMlhuL.png

!

LhQ1ekA.png

No way! INFINITE USE MINE!

Maybe I should refrain from using it as such, and just use it as a normal torch staff instead... hmmm...

Rye was not going to be back yet so have infinite torches, I don't know why Fe didn't just do that...

*facepalm* backs its a damn mine staff. Oh well, I don't mind the player having it. It's not going to be all that useful anyway with how I design chapters of both tough enemies and map changes that fuck with the player.

mEvtIKD.png

He could escape, but Mr. Night didn't give them that capability (which is odd, apparently Dream of Five discovered a way to let the thieves escape), so he'll just sit there until we kill him.

More wiggle room to get there when being bogged down by the bandit's rush and the AI command breaks for some reason if done on the same turn as the event trigger, so I made the thief wait a few turns then he will start bolting for the nearest exit.

That was my work around back then, Now I can be a jerk thanks to the AI advancements.

XzpvR2h.png

Anyways, now to take out this guy!

KnrWKsq.png

Aion dances...

6ZXeUcw.png

And apparently Thor's Ire is Nosferatu. No idea if it actually heals him.

It does, because your Zel got super Res blessed, you are not taking 13 damage nos greatly reducing his heals ಠ_ಠ

Now I understand what dondon is getting at about the whole balancing for defense thing more now....

qqNOXkh.png

And now he's dead.

I1z99tC.png

And I have a feeling I might need this...

58uE09A.png

Huh? NO sieze?

Luckily, Mr. Night told me in his PM that he has no idea how to make Zel able to seize things. So, you have to just wait on the throne.

Yeah due to him being in raven's slot, and only lords could seize.

Not sure on how I can fix that unless people figured out how now.

xLseb4z.png

NEXT TIME: Hard level of terribleness

hehehehe this is when I went mad from power of eventing

Its not too bad. I play tested numerous times so it can be done, just...well you will see lol.

Edit: oh and the portrait is made with Louise hair (i think), Natalie as a frame, Nino's eyes and Leila's body with Serra pink hair.

Edited by MrNight48

Due to SUDDEN INTERRUPTIONS, I'm going to have to put the thread on hiatus for a few days, possibly the rest of the week. Sorry guys, but I just have to focus on other things for a little while. I'll be back... EVENTUALLY.

Well everyone, I was gone even longer than I said I'd be, but I have officially NOW RETURNED! ...Though, updates may still end up being inconsistent over the next few days. But, at least we'll be progressing again!

Past-Green

Now-Purple

Edit: oh and the portrait is made with Louise hair (i think), Natalie as a frame, Nino's eyes and Leila's body with Serra pink hair.

The story stuff is pretty interesting, especially the Employee's backstory. I wonder what this hack will look like if/when it's finished...

Let's rage in...

Rage Emblem: Episode 4: Rage 3: Part 1: Maze of enemies and fog and droppables and levels and BS and stuff everywhere

Bm1TKhN.png

So, this is the final level! Will it be the most-rage filled yet?

A little, but it loses out when compared to chapter 1.

wKsbb6v.pngiJLIBDQ.png

We start with dudes randomly spawning in the darkness everywhere.

A5M0ACn.png

Confused yet? No? Good, I'm going to need you to explain this to me when we're done.

CntSV0m.png

Ah, there we are! Has someone NEW joined the party?

FrnX6tl.pngG4X5PIb.pnghUmjV9v.png

It's SARKA! Who is a level 1 mage with low stats! I guess she can contribute, but she's never going to reach a point where she can own, and she'll spend most of her time just tagging along.

cQPF2L0.png

QUICK, MEMORIZE IT

L6LlRr2.pngfCVUcGn.png

Mmm hmm... seems there are some enemies around...

And no, I'm not going to do torch glitch.

0q9EAGE.png

Dear LORD, some of these enemies! EIGHTEEN speed?

9FiOdxK.png

Of course, it's one of those droppable-equipped ones Mr. Night mentioned. We actually do want that steel sword, since it doesn't slam Zel's speed down to nothing.

58LiGPh.png

The rest of them are far more beatable.

lakwmQB.png

Moving!

k9abKsi.png

Weapon triangle? This is the JEIGAN we're talking about here!

9UqpvVX.png

The rest don't do as well.

a8syhaR.png

Now, we move THIS way!

(Can you spot where I screwed up yet?)

herffy8.png

Yup, there it is! There... doesn't really seem to be a way to save the tent! We have a problem!

7ibZrcL.png

Oh, Sarka can actually damage the mage. We'll live, but now Zel's separated from his minions...

qFz3t5p.png17lmgCw.png

More light!

Also, note the 60 turn limit. Mr. Night implied that it wasn't supposed to be shown to troll the player, but once that counter ticks down, it's a game over.

9C09jIs.png

He had a droppable! No wonder that mage was so tough!

0NUKpEj.png4Wp65uk.pngr18MXO7.png

And there are MORE item carriers around...

olYjMVw.png

I dread what's in the unrevealed portions of the maze...

47JLT19.png

Thank you! The mage is DEAD AT LAST!

Rahd2Qa.png

So you won't give me the sword, eh? Well... Mook will KEEP TRYING.

abYAaJh.png

Backed into a corner... eh heeh... eh heee... hee hee... HAHAHAHAHA!

eGLeNY6.png

Owch! Why does everyone who isn't Zel have to suck?

5I1RQgw.png

Agh, one of them got through!

TEzsyc3.png

Meanwhile, Zel's murdering spree is taking him far. In hindsight, I should have just gunned it for that wall crack...

vaIjexa.png

Luckyness!

L4LNuGF.pnghlBXmzb.png

Mook is now SLIGHTLY MORE VIABLE!

(You have no idea how much strategy it took to kill that guy)

YX3znK9.png

AND THEN A BERSERKER SHOWS UP ON ENEMY PHASE AND DESTROYS MY HARD WORK

So yeah, this is total BS. Just when I might maybe have had the situation under some semblance of control... enemy-phase tent one-shot reinforcements? What the heck?

3tT6V9U.png

At least I get the satisfaction of seeing this loser burned.

HlSJ8qr.pngumk7UpC.png

So...

o4pKapG.png

Uh... maybe we can ru-

OXdxubX.png

This is where I realize how monumentally I screwed this run up(mostly for things I couldn't have predicted, mind), and that I need to start over.

But wait...

ovdfHhp.png

*one horribly failed attempt to salvage an earlier savestate later*

YbsUpu5.png

NEXT TIME: Again!

Let's rage in...

Rage Emblem: Episode 4: Rage 3: Part 2: 1!

mpbimOf.png

Last time, we decides to restart and accomplished little. BUT THIS TIME, THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT!

JJ3swYt.pngBd6IYZM.png

Take care of this guy QUICKLY(no thanks to Mook), so we can stay together!

18J8gNs.png

Mook's performance... well, he lives up to his name.

X5mz8Z9.png

Granted, Zel could try a bit harder himself!

5regIHa.png

Okay, we're moving DOWN this time! NOT left, considering how well it worked out for us...

ZVP637M.png

*GASP* FIND/REPLACE FAIL

But seriously, it is good to have a convoy.

iV8037h.png

Good!

ixdAqlC.png

Please do better!

FOEoc2x.png

Not magic!

Io6mhhH.png

The archer pulled back too hard on her bow, the opposite reaction split her in two.

Wait, that's not the only remarkable thing... WHY IS THE SHORT BOW DOING SO MUCH DAMAGE?

YEEGjSm.pngwSg5ElI.png8ezfZpA.png

????????

nJfzXNW.pngzgJfq9x.png

Oh, I get it! It's an ECLIPSE BOW! Except there was no indication of this! You could have at least changed its description...

IOeBoxM.png

Uh oh, the berserker!

Not to worry guys, I'm sure Zel can beat him...

5bNxIrN.pngrqlIm9d.png

Well then.

ni5Waut.png

*Many RN burns later, because seriously this guy is insane, how the heck are we supposed to fight him*

y2x0iOB.png

Screw it, Zel, use ULTIMATE POWER ATTACK!

rceKpI4.png

Zel cackles evilly as the berserker's useless attacks fail to have any effect...

VKp4H7z.png

The berserker decides that, if this is to be his last breath, he shall stare ahead stoically, determined not to give this cruel monster even an ounce of satisfaction...

jkOWMC3.png

But then, Zel trips and accidentally impales himself! The berserker sighs in relief, but he knows that Zel is persistent...

B0w4Uog.png

The berserker's luck holds...

Finally, due to the fact that the only way to RN abuse in this stupid maze is to rearrange the orders of your units actions, Moniker reaches the last possible combination...

HA1fXj9.png

He's going for a crit! This is it!

GbwBsX1.png

This decides the game! If it fails, it's likely that I might actually have to change my strategy!

YOU CAN DO IT ZEL! YOU CAN NOT FAIL!

amqQV27.png

F8KbV7D.png

Maybe I'll just retreat a short ways and fight him next turn.

TJkdFPT.png

The leftover torch illumination looks kind of odd!

HVCxxy4.pngugdniDl.png

ALL ALONG, THIS IS ALL I HAD TO DO

7GTvTCb.png

This is really useful, and totally worth all the suffering! NOT!

q2jX2Mi.png

Moving down, I have wonder if there's anything special here...

yjkrOHe.pngQCb2TWb.png

YYEEESSSS!

Finally, finally, FINALLY Zel will no longer be forced to wander the world at 3 speed!

jMHo8lE.png

This... honestly isn't that bad!

qmrLhBf.png

Did something change here?

j4xvQZf.png

Whoops, missed me!

DpIqzv7.png

HEY!

See that cavalier?

IT WASN'T THERE BEFORE.

So, occasionally, this maze will spawn new mooks everywhere. Except, it does them on enemy phase, JUST TO MAKE MY LIFE HARDER. Thanks a lot, game!

1yzE63t.png

Lucky me...

ToxdSy4.png

Hey! Don't be pulling this crap!

gXIlYqO.png

Only I am allowed to pull that crap.

tFlwI1w.pngvznvD14.png

With his new powers of not-3-speed-ness, Zel kills everyone!

SAFhiFT.png

Sarka, with her dying breath, declares her love for Zel...

(This is a longbow archer, not an Eclipse one)

AKRjGN5.png

Okay, I am TIRED of this maze. The way to the end appears open, and I'm taking it!

Wqirhsy.png

The other four can languish in this place forever for all I care.

MrYRbvk.png

Zel is separated from the healer, but he has his vulneraries. He'll be fine.

9TeHR1s.png

What? TACTICIAN?

AM I THE TRUE VILLAIN AFTER ALL?

No, but I suspect I would have been had this not been an incomplete demo.

4mrZRv6.png

Oh. WELL THEN.

So, the maze's layout changed, and now the others can't follow Zel. He is left to face the final battle ALL ALONE!

0otCIF2.png

Well, I guess they could go around.

0oBp62e.png

At last, Zel has made it out of the maze!

Now, see this guy? Mr. Night told me he was unbeatable, meant to be a teaser for the actual patch, since this is the unreleased demo version.

YTf0ftZ.png29gLQw0.pngTiBwVGF.png

But... he doesn't LOOK indestructible...

XkhAQSo.pngoqEXVOM.pngBMicddn.png

Because he's NOT indestructible. Yeah. I don't think seizing, or routing the enemy, or any other conditions do anything, and there's no point in sticking around this chapter in hope of collecting some droppables. So, that's all for now. Final thoughts time!

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Rage Emblem, on the whole, wasn't bad. The prologue could use some work, Chapter 1 was great, and Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 were CLEARLY not even close to finished as Mr. Night intended, so I can't really judge them. All in all, if this hack was completed, it would probably be pretty cool. It had a lot of excellent gameplay concepts(the flooding thing, for one), and I actually enjoyed my time playing it, even if there were a few BS moments. Will be keeping track of the project, if Mr. Night ever starts it up again!

Next time: TACTHACK!

Yay you are back, the wait was agonizing

Past

Now

Rage Emblem: Episode 4: Rage 3: Part 1: Maze of enemies and fog and droppables and levels and BS and stuff everywhere

oh boy, I wonder what it is? *so excited to show off the other map mechanic I had in mind*

Bm1TKhN.png

So, this is the final level! Will it be the most-rage filled yet?

A little, but it loses out when compared to chapter 1.

wait what? its suppose to blow 1 out the water, (haha i made a pun)

wKsbb6v.pngiJLIBDQ.png

We start with dudes randomly spawning in the darkness everywhere.

A5M0ACn.png

Confused yet? No? Good, I'm going to need you to explain this to me when we're done.

yeah no cool transitions due to no story yet. Anyway the throne room of the last chapter is the starting point of this one because the boss with his final act pulled a ganondorf and changed the layout of the fort. Last ditch effort to fuck with people invading his shit.

FrnX6tl.pngG4X5PIb.pnghUmjV9v.png

It's SARKA! Who is a level 1 mage with low stats! I guess she can contribute, but she's never going to reach a point where she can own, and she'll spend most of her time just tagging along.

That is the princess. Her portrait would have been included except it looked like this

TqRUiQ4.png

Didn't include it because honestly that was not worth putting in and needs more work to even be called a placeholder.

more story concerning sarka

she is not a princess and she is employee's sister. won't say why for now. gotta leave some surprises.

Believe it or not, I gave her a slight buff before I sent the hack to you because I thought she was way too weak. She will most definitely get sarka's true stats and growths she is suppose to have at that point in the story.

cQPF2L0.png

QUICK, MEMORIZE IT

:D

L6LlRr2.pngfCVUcGn.png

Mmm hmm... seems there are some enemies around...

And no, I'm not going to do torch glitch.

cool (wouldn't matter if you did due to my map designs fufufufu)

0q9EAGE.png

Dear LORD, some of these enemies! EIGHTEEN speed?

yeah you need to earn those drops

9FiOdxK.png

Of course, it's one of those droppable-equipped ones Mr. Night mentioned. We actually do want that steel sword, since it doesn't slam Zel's speed down to nothing.

best part is, his AI makes him come to you, all droppables AI have something special going on like the heal staff will choose a random direction and run from you to some weird corner. the reason for this hopefully shows soon.

58LiGPh.png

The rest of them are far more beatable.

again with the map design i had in mind for this, I wanted to make the enemies forgiving

herffy8.png

Yup, there it is! There... doesn't really seem to be a way to save the tent! We have a problem!

again vetta is designed to lug it around for now >.>

qFz3t5p.png17lmgCw.png

More light!

Also, note the 60 turn limit. Mr. Night implied that it wasn't supposed to be shown to troll the player, but once that counter ticks down, it's a game over.

*huh, could have sworn I didn't edit that in yet....*

47JLT19.png

Thank you! The mage is DEAD AT LAST!

man you really need to get a move on *snicker*

abYAaJh.png

Backed into a corner... eh heeh... eh heee... hee hee... HAHAHAHAHA!

glad some of the madness is seeping in...

eGLeNY6.png

Owch! Why does everyone who isn't Zel have to suck?

sorry ;-;, they won't suck next time

5I1RQgw.png

Agh, one of them got through!

wait shouldn't the...

TEzsyc3.png

Meanwhile, Zel's murdering spree is taking him far. In hindsight, I should have just gunned it for that wall crack...

how are you so far...

YX3znK9.png

AND THEN A BERSERKER SHOWS UP ON ENEMY PHASE AND DESTROYS MY HARD WORK

So yeah, this is total BS. Just when I might maybe have had the situation under some semblance of control... enemy-phase tent one-shot reinforcements? What the heck?

WHAT?! PAST ME I SHALL BUILD A TIME MACHINE AND STRANGLE YOU! WHAT HAPPEN TO THE MAP EVENTS??!?

what? how the fuck?.... don't tell me chapter 3 events broke too...

Got dammit this buggy piece of...*sigh* ok what was SUPPOSE to happen throughout this chapter is wall changes to make it seem like a real maze while the player may not realize its happening till several turns later. That zerker is to rekt people who just turtled and got trapped in the starting area. However if they somehow beat him or make him stay on that instant death stairs design to counter people who spawn block, the zerker dies and the player can wait till the path reopens so they can rush through it now realizing the chapter is not fucking around with people who simple turtle. Blue gem to those who kill it legit just for their efforts.

3tT6V9U.png

At least I get the satisfaction of seeing this loser burned.

HlSJ8qr.pngumk7UpC.png

So...

o4pKapG.png

Uh... maybe we can ru-

OXdxubX.png

This is where I realize how monumentally I screwed this run up(mostly for things I couldn't have predicted, mind), and that I need to start over.

But wait...

yeah this was more of the map events breaking than enemy placement, if it worked properly you would be facing a steady stream of enemies fighting you in groups of 1-3 every few turns.

ovdfHhp.png

*one horribly failed attempt to salvage an earlier savestate later*

YbsUpu5.png

NEXT TIME: Again!

will comment on the rest when I get home.

Edited by MrNight48

Let's rage in...

Rage Emblem: Episode 4: Rage 3: Part 2: 1!

Io6mhhH.png

The archer pulled back too hard on her bow, the opposite reaction split her in two.

Wait, that's not the only remarkable thing... WHY IS THE SHORT BOW DOING SO MUCH DAMAGE?

YEEGjSm.pngwSg5ElI.png8ezfZpA.png

????????

nJfzXNW.pngzgJfq9x.png

Oh, I get it! It's an ECLIPSE BOW! Except there was no indication of this! You could have at least changed its description...

meant to in the future, good news is I will be throwing eclipse/luna bows to the player as well in the future.

IOeBoxM.png

Uh oh, the berserker!

Not to worry guys, I'm sure Zel can beat him...

*sobs* he was never suppose to be free that early

ni5Waut.png

*Many RN burns later, because seriously this guy is insane, how the heck are we supposed to fight him*

he is suppose to be the "oh shit we need to hurry" when he finally broke free and started moving like 30-40 turns later.

y2x0iOB.png

Screw it, Zel, use ULTIMATE POWER ATTACK!

rceKpI4.png

Zel cackles evilly as the berserker's useless attacks fail to have any effect...

VKp4H7z.png

The berserker decides that, if this is to be his last breath, he shall stare ahead stoically, determined not to give this cruel monster even an ounce of satisfaction...

jkOWMC3.png

But then, Zel trips and accidentally impales himself! The berserker sighs in relief, but he knows that Zel is persistent...

B0w4Uog.png

The berserker's luck holds...

Finally, due to the fact that the only way to RN abuse in this stupid maze is to rearrange the orders of your units actions, Moniker reaches the last possible combination...

HA1fXj9.png

He's going for a crit! This is it!

GbwBsX1.png

This decides the game! If it fails, it's likely that I might actually have to change my strategy!

YOU CAN DO IT ZEL! YOU CAN NOT FAIL!

amqQV27.png

I fucking died xD

7GTvTCb.png

This is really useful, and totally worth all the suffering! NOT!

cough* shopping chapter soon...well not in this version lol

q2jX2Mi.png

Moving down, I have wonder if there's anything special here...

nope, just know outside really got flooded badly and cannot be your means of escape.

qmrLhBf.png

Did something change here?

even the map changes have rebelled against me and helped you. That was suppose to be a wall you had to break if you ever got there in the first place.

DpIqzv7.png

HEY!

See that cavalier?

IT WASN'T THERE BEFORE.

So, occasionally, this maze will spawn new mooks everywhere. Except, it does them on enemy phase, JUST TO MAKE MY LIFE HARDER. Thanks a lot, game!

if the map changes worked, you wouldn't have even noticed this happened lol. just ninja waves coming at you from where ever the map changes forced you to.

SAFhiFT.png

Sarka, with her dying breath, declares her love for Zel...

(This is a longbow archer, not an Eclipse one)

again, with the map changes, archers actually become quite deadly

AKRjGN5.png

Okay, I am TIRED of this maze. The way to the end appears open, and I'm taking it!

dammit, that door wasn't suppose to open without a door key.

9TeHR1s.png

What? TACTICIAN?

AM I THE TRUE VILLAIN AFTER ALL?

No, but I suspect I would have been had this not been an incomplete demo.

oh there is a huge story about this I will go over soon

4mrZRv6.png

Oh. WELL THEN.

So, the maze's layout changed, and now the others can't follow Zel. He is left to face the final battle ALL ALONE!

OH! I guess some of them DO work yay! by turn 60 you are walled off from the only 2 possible exits and left to wonder the maze of madness forever.

0otCIF2.png

Well, I guess they could go around.

most likely not, the maze is designed where if you make such choices and chase exits, you get walled off right as you get there :D...well if all of them was working

0oBp62e.png

At last, Zel has made it out of the maze!

Now, see this guy? Mr. Night told me he was unbeatable, meant to be a teaser for the actual patch, since this is the unreleased demo version.

YTf0ftZ.png29gLQw0.pngTiBwVGF.png

But... he doesn't LOOK indestructible...

oh? I must have edit him to be beatable back then. anyway story dump and why the theme of this chapter was about madness and being lost.

ok so this chapter was made during a time in my college career where I felt like it was a complete waste of time and the adults/movies in my high school years have completely fucking lied to me on what to expect from college. I know its about what you put in but at the same time (also as someone who actually works for the college now as a part of staff) there are pitfalls for students to get them to waste money and my college experience I was expecting since I rarely, if not at all, got to do in my 12 years of free learning. Let's just say I had some huge regrets concerning lack of social skills in important areas that college pretty much acted like I should have learned in high school. Don't get me wrong, I am pretty good at basic social skills but as far as forming study groups and other stuff, I was pretty damn terrible at it which as one could expect, meant my time at college was me just going to class rarely talking to people due to the serious atmosphere of students came there to learn and the professor talking for hours which was a complete contrast to high school where they give time for students to interact with each other and work on the homework together before next class. Add this in with my transfer credits not matching up with the credits financial aid wanted me to take, I was feeling pretty damn loss on where my life was heading and whether or not the degree I was in was worth all this trouble, like a maze. The madness part comes in from too much studying only for my grades to keep sinking while I was an unsocial, unhappy, zombie. So this gave me a great idea for the story of what happened to the FE7 tactician and why he/she wasn't in fe6 to help roy like the tact promised in fe7.

Backstory of the FE7 tactician

so I was thinking why he/she wasn't there in fe6 and I thought, what if they didn't want tact there. I mean the tact wasn't mentioned at all despite eturia and bern going to war over the tact. So imagine if one of them won like eturia and the tact is teaching or being a tact for the army and everyone notices he/she starts losing battles or at least, not preforming like the tact did when the player was controlling him/her. The tact only explanation for this is the "force" that the tact is aware of but nobody else does. Of course they call the tact crazy, they lose fame and the tact gains a drinking problem. Bramimond however, instantly knows what the tact is talking about because that "force" is the same thing as the "pure darkness" (pretty good chance he was the tact for the legendary heroes the player controlled) that requires having no personality (because it is filled by the player) that nergal and teador failed to understand and offers to teach and train the tact about it because Bramimond wants to leave behind a successor like athos did with pent. Hence is why tact is that class and why he/she didn't help in fe6. Everybody thought he/she was too mad/lost their edge and was too busy training with bramimond.

So basically the tact you see and made is the same one in fe7 but like 200 years after fe6 or so. Now to explain why the tact is there

Why the Tact is there and how the tact ties in with the theme of this chapter.

The tact is searching for the "force" so he can regain their former glory or at least study the "force" better. The tact just ends up being a tactician for a ambitious group of bandits that leads the tact to meet Zel who is being controlled by the "force" now. The tact will come across as mad and every character for the player will think he is a bit crazy but the Tact knows the player is the real reason behind their success and will join because of that. The tact is also important for the final part of the story but saving that too.

XkhAQSo.pngoqEXVOM.pngBMicddn.png

Because he's NOT indestructible. Yeah. I don't think seizing, or routing the enemy, or any other conditions do anything, and there's no point in sticking around this chapter in hope of collecting some droppables. So, that's all for now. Final thoughts time!

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Rage Emblem, on the whole, wasn't bad. The prologue could use some work, Chapter 1 was great, and Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 were CLEARLY not even close to finished as Mr. Night intended, so I can't really judge them. All in all, if this hack was completed, it would probably be pretty cool. It had a lot of excellent gameplay concepts(the flooding thing, for one), and I actually enjoyed my time playing it, even if there were a few BS moments. Will be keeping track of the project, if Mr. Night ever starts it up again!

Thanks man, really appreciate you playing it/ LP'ing it/ and giving excellent feedback for it. Just wanted to hack a FE7 game where its fun and challenging with fresh ideas that intelligent systems might have done if they wasn't worried about making popular and fair for the west. Too bad its a bugged out mess that I may just redo from scratch.

Next time: TACTHACK!

Edited by MrNight48