The ROLLING REQUEST THREAD(Currently doing: A Hiatus)

TheMoniker

What hack/s would you like me to play soon?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the choices:

• Decay of the Fangs(mediocre)
    • League of ASDF(pretty good)
    • Yuri's Sidestory(okay I guess)
    • Shattered Realms(good)
    • Exalted Legacy(no idea)
    • Shatterlight(excellent)

You should play my abandoned WarpskipFE project sometime. Unfortunately, it was before your time so you don't get a cameo.

it kind of reminds me of that one "your rolls always succeed" submission where the RNG really was removed, though I'm fairly certain anything like that would be impossible with the FE7 engine.

Not so!

Edited by Baldrick

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder who didn't see that secret shop. Making you sell your member card was a very troll move.

I guess I'm the resident evil guy now. Tormenting Monkier to always play trash that maybe 4chan might like. Maybe.

gg no re

have final dev commentary

I always appreciate dev commentary!

You should play my abandoned WarpskipFE project sometime. Unfortunately, it was before your time so you don't get a cameo.

Not so!

Cool, if you give me a link I'll add it to the poll.

Wow, really? Man, the cool things hackers do these days... back in my day, we had a gameboy and we didn't know how to use it!

d7xvKUa.png

Today, everyone, we are going to be playing...

CDyVN6D.png

ATHOS MODE!

Athos Mode is(or, WAS), a story about the adventures of Athos and Nergal 500 years before FE7. As things stand now, it had some potential but died before it could even fail to reach it. It has EXACTLY ONE chapter, which means that this is going to be a short LP... like, "this is it, this update is all there is" LP. The original thread can be found here, if you want to play this for whatever reason. There's honestly not much else to say about it. Let's get started, shall we?

7MYbPU8.png

Just ignore that there's two files. One is my old one from YEARS ago(not really).

FlvAmTO.png

The SANDS of CLICHED TITLE!

WBcEKVm.png

Athos is here... he's in a desert...

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?

KuGu3Jj.pngRoaADCu.png

Apparently, even when Athos was half his FE7 age, he still had that beard, at the exact same length and everything!

Athos: Magnificent! After 500 years, the world still has some surprises stored for me.

205YBaO.pngmcid9Rw.png

And so, we have the ancient ancestors of our two favorite desert bandits, who we fought recently in The Reckoning. Like master, like apprentice, I suppose.

2EPdBug.png

(This hack has a few grammar errors but it's not too bad.)

Bandit: Aww, too bad. We kinda liked you, so we were going to let you live.

JnjtSqY.png

Oh no, bandits trying to succeed in their pitiful lives! WHAT SHALL WE DO?

bQpEVl1.png

And we begin!

67yJoio.pngDovK0cd.png

7Ek81Iz.pngWxORCqd.png

This map seems pretty generic. It's just a bunch of bandits and sand along with 2 bosses.

fFrFUwY.pngtaDZJjM.png4Jhg8Df.png

This is Athos, who apparently wasn't ALWAYS as buff.

bNR1Dyk.png

These are the generics we're facing.

Yeah.

VgO4RTu.png0oiZnpz.png

i0uRXUK.pngDhsOGdf.png

Our bosses pose a significantly higher threat, but shouldn't be impossible. Oh, and yes, they DO have an A support with each other.

KmFCWUw.png

The bandits are slowed down by the terrain. Athos is not.

Even for a prologue, this is HILARIOUSLY easy!

Anyways, the first turn is me moving and zapping some dudes...

6E7lsMq.pngrN5tHTt.png

Wh-... uh... Nergal?!

That portrait, it's so... so... uncanny valley... *shudder*

Xb8sjue.png

Uh... let's look at his stats! He'll take a while to get to the fight...

iLD39Ub.pngrDZx4N7.pngUlmhTrs.png

Not Athos/10

(Also, that's kinda a critical typo there...)

lUCmGct.png

ZAP THE BOSSES

Iw4Rnct.png

Whoa, holy crap!

f00Voxx.pngCnl7ucG.pngXyIEPj2.png

So, this seems to be a bit unfair... when you only have one unit, how are you supposed to strategize around the possibility of him critting?

FGAh0vI.pngt8LtPvS.png

Ah, I get it. TEAMWORK is necessary!

(BUT WHAT IF NERGAL MISSED)

T9SeUmu.png

I've seen a lot of "boss death rattles", but this is one of the strangest ones yet.

IhF8Ph1.png

Level!

HjpML3C.png

MELT IN THE FLAMES OF HELL

JLX7AZb.png

FEEL PAIN IN THE ZAP OF THUNDER

0OflORX.png

Darn it, stop denying the suffering I inflict upon you!

1gUUwvl.png

No joke!

kN2GK5a.png

Another level!

jwifIIA.png

Hi, generics!

ZstJouw.png

Bye, generics!

EonIN7J.png

And we're done!

FJCM8M2.png

Uh... most scholars don't venture into the desert... they hire archaeologists to do it for them!

(How the heck would bandits make a living in the desert? Are there really that many people to pillage?)

DHy99NO.png

CG recycling!

Athos: Well met indeed.

s7m4RgY.png

Nergal: You could have handled those bandits alone. No need to thank me.

Athos: And yet you chose to help. My name is Athos, the Archsage.

Nergal: Nergal, a druid. Are you searching for magical artifacts as well?

Athos: Yes I am. And I’ve already found this.

Nergal: Impressive.

d6mwkek.png

Athos, aren't you supposed to be Mr. Master Scholar?

FF7d2NU.png

Oh, how convenient.

Nergal: It says that the item is called

c28QeuD.png

I'd say "!" but I think this is more of a"?" situation.

Athos: Magnificent! We should scour this desert together. Who knows what wonders we’ll uncover.

Nergal: Good idea.

Nfbk1z1.png

Fade to black...

PMojDqb.pnghSYgW9X.pngzM4Srnq.png

All these questions to be answered... NEVER!

tRaUxXu.pngTEKC0LL.png

Well, there's that too.

f7pfBFi.png4eiz1f6.png

Get your hype ready, everyone! Just because the hack will never come doesn't mean we can't be excited!

o8BvTnL.png

The game puts this up here. At first I thought it was a CG, but then I realized it was wavering a lot and the game reset after... I think this is actually a modified Game Over screen!

GROWTHS:

Athos's growths(probably):

HP: 55%

Magic: 50%

Skill: 35%

Speed: 25%

Defense: 15%

Resistance: 45%

Luck: 100%

Total: 325%

Assuming I looked them up right, these are prepromote growths! 25% speed!? Athos isn't awesome enough!

Nergal's growths(maybe):

HP: 85%

Magic: 50%

Skill: 25%

Speed: 15%

Defense: 20%

Resistance: 35%

Luck: 30%

Total: 260%

Even worse than Athos! I'm not sure if I looked up the growths right, as I don't know if Nergal uses his own character slot or somebody else's... I'M TRYING

I may or may not have recently learned how to use Nightmare, and may or may not be doing this for literally every LP from here on out

FINAL THOUGHTS:

This was certainly a hack. Athos Mode, on the whole, didn't have enough time to be terrible or good. It takes 15 minutes to play tops. I don't know what to say about it, as if development was continued it could have gone either way. There's no way to find out what would happen in alternate realities, so I'll just say that at the moment it's "mediocre". Using the archsage to stomp bandits is kinda fun and cathartic though, really.

That was horribly fast.

Hopefully GhebFE will be more rage-inducing and less faster.

EDIT : Was it mentioned you're obliged to play it in Hard Mode? Because I don't think it was, but you HAVE TO.

Edited by Nintales

W-welp, that... was... athos mode... ha... ha...

Why so nervous?

That was horribly fast.

Hopefully GhebFE will be more rage-inducing and less faster.

EDIT : Was it mentioned you're obliged to play it in Hard Mode? Because I don't think it was, but you HAVE TO.

As I said, GhebFE needs its own thread, so we're doing it after Requiem, which itself comes after Reckoning... Though, I could switch Requiem and GhebFE if I get enough requests.

And I guess I could try Hard Mode... I mean, I do have Nightmare now, right? Ha... ha...

I'm kind of surprise the concept of making a hack going through Athos and Nergal's backstories hasn't been tried again. I think it's a good concept that expanding upon could work if done properly.

Yeah, it's actually kind of an interesting concept, like FE7x, and if someone made a serious effort it could be done well.

IvcKQDj.png

It's time for the best hack title ever...

p9zh36K.png

AWFUL EMBLEM!

Essentially, Awful Emblem is an FE Romhack made by Something Awful. It can be found here. It is completed up to the end of "Lyn Mode", and is the culmination of a large variety of goon ideas, inspired by great and terrible romhacks they played! This run will be standard and ordinary; get all the characters, visit all the houses, DO ALL THE STUFF.

The actual story follows this awesome Hector lady named Judith, who wants to protect her village from bandits, when things suddenly start to spiral into more complicated stuff.

So, let's get started!

Awful Emblem: Episode 1: Prologue: Hectora SHOWS HER POWER

4vosNCy.png

*makes thunder noises in background*

z8JbQ4V.png

These don't matter. but whatever.

iyXZC2d.pngL1lBPQK.png

There's a very nice fade-in used here, onto a very nice-looking map.

EaJQ9AW.png

Falnor outskirts! ...I have no idea where that is or what that means.

Z5wJpxH.png

And here we have our main character, JUDITH, also known as Hectora, because she's essentially female hector! We're lucky enough to have her as our main lord, so she will be with us permanently! Wait until you see her in gameplay...

The other guy is Niccolo. Compared to Hectora, he doesn't matter.

Judith: The exercises in the book are fine for me, but the others in the militia aren’t heavily armored enough for them to be of much use. Do you have anything else that might work better for them?

Niccolo: Hmm… I believe I saw something that might serve them, yes. A book about the methods used

N11okFr.png

Okay, I see they're talking about random ordinary stuff. Who are these "Darbosi"? We'll find out!

Niccolo: It may have more suitable techniques for them. Shall I try and find it so you can look, Judith?

Judith: Please. Though maybe I’ll come back to read it tomorrow, actually. I should be getting back soon.

Niccolo: Very well. It was good to see you again, Judith. Give Paula my regards.

Judith: I will. It was good to see you too, Father.

rbn0r43.png5Kd0qYW.png

?

Niccolo: I’ve barely enough firewood to last the night. If you wouldn’t mind…?

Okay, just a wood-gathering mission.

CDs6bkU.png

Yeah... definitely...

Judith: I’ll fetch your firewood, you let me borrow from your library.

Niccolo: Fair enough.

L1XE7Sz.png

Is she running straight towards the "LUMBERJACK AMBUSH!?"

wa6VSzI.png

Never mind, she was running away from the "BANDIT AMBUSH".

g36xfXG.pngPmLQSxc.png

Is this generic earlygame bandit SOMEWHAT MORAL?

7UtyIkn.png

Bandiboss: We go in, grab a coupla books an’ anythin’ shiny, ‘an dash. Even if the village ain’t got much, we can live a fair while offa sellin’ ‘em.

ZWglDbo.png

And so they approach the village/house...

UjKeBwI.pnguocHaCQ.png

Bandiboss: ‘an no one’s gotta get hurt here!

Niccolo: I will do no such thing!

Yeah, preist guy! Use your crazy critting staves!

Tsouejl.png

Drogel: Come here, Father.

EdXHqgR.png

Niccolo: Unhand me, rogue! I’ll not let you profane the house of the gods!

Xf685GN.png

And then he runs outside, letting them profane the house of the gods.

yxuv1Ja.png

Bandiboss: We got a coupla stuffed sacks here!

Niccolo: Thieving blackguards!

Drogel: Whaddawe do with the Father, boss?

2ltrGcw.png

Well, at least they're not all "murder murder murder"... they did burn the village to the ground, though, so NO MERCY!

Bandiboss: He’ll be fine.

n7pvx9J.pnglM5t12F.png

Suddenly, HECTORA/JUDITH TO THE RESCUE! These enemies are gonna get WRECKED.

jrxeglv.png

Time for her to show off her skills!

JJdVLMF.png

She charges up...

Yicfc71.png\

Goes for an UPPERCUT...

3vS1Q5D.png

And then slams down for a crit! Doesn't kill the guy, unfortunately...

NGwqWTH.png

Tolver: Urgh…

sauUHNu.png

Tolver: We’re goin’ on ahead!

Drogel: B-Boss?

TKz8Otc.png

Hah! What a wuss! Any number of generic soldiers would fail against her!

9IZskwS.png1D7lEPA.png

Niccolo: I do.

Judith: Then stay behind me. These ones don’t look like much, but I may need it.

Looks like it's fight time!

END DIALOGUE

DtPSvhA.png

This is literally the whole map. What you see is what you get! This hack doesn't really go super-difficult, particularly in the earlier chapters... they tried to make this in normal FE7 style, where things are a cakewalk at the beginning.

QhZEC8Z.pngUaVnhds.pngHNdBNQr.png

And here we have our honorable lady, HECTORA HERSELF! She might not look like much, but by the end of the LP, that will change!

(Note that she even starts with a pinch of XP for pounding that boss.)

0RMyJB0.png

Her Prf is really strong. I don't want to spend all my time being too afraid to use it, either...

FT4mIWL.pngHzT3DKq.pngc5RRsqB.png

Niccolo is our crutch character, and while Hectora doesn't need him, he can still heal her if we somehow end up actually needing it.

RlWS8xL.png

The generic soldiers are tougher than normal, but it doesn't change their end fate.

rbrBbwd.pngYfaIrmm.png

Drogel himself is BARELY better. Note that every boss's description has an added pinch of humor, free of charge! Just like everything else in the romhacking community for people who don't actually make hacks!

oxs7ZRn.png

This is what combat looks like against the soldiers, with a forest. As long as you have a forest, you're invincible.

ZUMkwlw.png

No scratches allowed!

PKLnVzI.png

Nothing in the ruined village. All enemies except the boss are already gone.

WkT3Uq0.pngYvQHf8s.png

He's gone, bro. It's just you and me, in the DUEL OF THE CENTURY!

3wxpHoY.pngL2AOmom.png

DANGIT, HECTORA!

...Ah, I mean, you're good! So what if one silly uppercut missed?

isKOr9t.png

She gets a level. It might not look great, but that speed has to be helpful for later!

jHKeYZt.pngRsq798D.png

We win.

HvXA0nH.png

Niccolo: Nothing I can’t walk off. The abbey, on the other hand…

Judith: We can rebuild it when this is over. Right now, I need to give chase. They were running toward the village.

Niccolo: I shall accompany you. You and the villagers may need my services. And those rogues took much of my library.

Judith: Much appreciated. We’ll get it back, don’t worry.

Next, we're heading to save a village from EVEN MORE BANDITS!

9SsOVR1.png

Go Hectora! Go, and slay ALL the generic soldiers in the world!

ZErlrxQ.png

And now, we cut to somewhere TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

fx6o75C.pngV1RaZT2.png

And here we have our standard insult-slinging politicians. We apparently have the old lady and young dude in one camp, and the young lady and old dude in the other.

Lordly dude: I would that were the case. Yet the empire has a bandit problem because the peasants don’t have enough food.

n23fzO4.png

So... what's going on here? This lady refuses to lower the taxes because her portion of the empire isn't getting horribly murdered?

vZLcyg8.png

Lordly lady: Well, yes. That’s how criminals are dealt with.

Couldn't you just cut off a hand or something? Then, with all the bandits in the FE games, it's not like imprisonment is really possible, you'd need to build like 100 prisons.

Lordly dude: They would not turn to crime if they had enough to eat.

Lordly lady: Of course they would. If they had respect for the law, they would not be criminals.

Lordly dude: What respect could they have for a law that does not protect them?

Lordly lady: Protecting criminals, now I’ve heard everything. May as well not have any law at all.

I honestly can't follow either side's argument here...

9f7XvCH.png

And then we cut to save screen! What was all that about? I'm certain it will be relevant later...

NEXT TIME: More bandits die at the hands of HECTORA!

GROWTHS:

Judith/HECTORA:

HP: 85%

Strength: 55%

Skill: 40%

Speed: 45%

Luck: 35%

Defense: 45%

Resistance: 25%

Total: 330%

As I said before, she's amazing. Compared to some of the hacks we've played, it doesn't look like much, but keep in mind she has the highest growths total of ANYONE in this hack. If we give her the levels she needs, she will turn out amazing... which is great, since she's our main lord!

Niccolo:

HP: 65%

Magic: 45%

Skill: 35%

Speed: 40%

Resistance: 40%

Total: 290%

Worse than Judith in every way save Resistance, he's an obvious crutch character, here to act as our earlygame healer and little else. Even if he had low growths, starting as level 1 promoted with low bases means he'll never make the cut long-term. Still, we'll use him until he's no longer necessary.

It's time for the best hack title ever...

p9zh36K.png

AWFUL EMBLEM!

Essentially, Awful Emblem is an FE Romhack made by Something Awful. It can be found here. It is completed up to the end of "Lyn Mode", and is the culmination of a large variety of goon ideas, inspired by great and terrible romhacks they played! This run will be standard and ordinary; get all the characters, visit all the houses, DO ALL THE STUFF.

The actual story follows this awesome Hector lady named Judith, who wants to protect her village from bandits, when things suddenly start to spiral into more complicated stuff.

Oh boy! Awful Emblem is one of those things that always is surprising to see; a bunch of unconnected people looking at hacks and going "... yeah, we can do better". shameless plug for The Queen's Lament once we get more done goes here

It's official. Batta has become the Waspinator of the FE hacking community. He's the chew toy; he exists solely to get brutally slaughtered.

Batta clones arguably got the best treatment in Decay of the Fangs... But even then, they were pretty sucky.

Oh boy! Awful Emblem is one of those things that always is surprising to see; a bunch of unconnected people looking at hacks and going "... yeah, we can do better". shameless plug for The Queen's Lament once we get more done goes here

I can play it once you get a lot done!

Time to be awful in...

The CHAPTER 1 PRELUDE!

0OFDlzB.png

And now, we get...

DSRYM6Y.png

...Exposition!? Okay then.

ZuvptvI.png

Isn't that where we are?

ei4xijq.png

This is important.

S0ZZrxx.png

This seems important.

N: In the southeast desert theocracy of Orexia, magicians ply their craft under the watchful eye of the Pontifex. And in the east, proud and strong, lies the Kingdom of Nicaea, led by Torvald, the Berserker King.

These kingdoms look important and awesome, but we probably won't be seeing them.

N: In Southern Athania, Judith,

aRx9s8r.png

N: beset by the brigand Tolver and his men. She hopes her militia can endure the bandits’ savagery…

Oh come on. We all know the protagonists are gonna do a bit more than "endure".

AK5vlOY.png

There are a few more this time!

EsHXmtv.pngQ0koRXT.png

Brigdude: that looks like a better target!

Tolver: The hell you wastin’ time tellin’ me for, then? Get in and get ta grabbin’!

Brigdude: On it, boss!

You're not gonna destroy any more buildings if we can help it! Especially not the ones that give items! The yellow ones are fine, you can have those.

4Q3BupL.png

You know, why do bandits burn everything? Logically, wouldn't it be best to leave the village a way to recover?

vDA9Ff9.png

I wonder how many there are...

Judith: Probably. We need to get to them fast. Stay behind me, Father.

kRoZbzb.png

There they are! There's only two of them... that means the militia is just 3 people, since Niccolo hadn't joined before this!

7kXf3Xk.png

Myrm lady: Didn’t look like that last guy got a hit on you.

Rowan: I…I’m fine. Don’t worry.

Myrm lady: …Liar. Your spear’s shaking. Look, just stay behind me and go for the stragglers, all right?

Rowan: Eh? But shouldn’t I be in the front? Your armor-

Myrm lady: Doesn’t matter. You think any of these lugs can hit me? Now come on!

Well, there is a soldier over there...

bSkDYW1.png

Clover: Still standin’, ain’t it? After you showed up, we was gonna give ‘em what for! Ain’t that right, Rowan?

Rowan: Well-

fSLGj6k.png

Niccolo: Lest we forget the bandits ravaging our beloved village.

Yeah, they're probably moving towards those other red houses as we speak!

Clover: Oh, hey, parson! Wha’ brings you to town?

Niccolo: …I will explain later. Now could we please get to defending this community? Or shall I have to beat them back with this mighty stick?

Judith: Oh, right. Sorry, Father.

He HAS a Light tome...

EJaWPP5.pngUOabhb2.png

Tactics! Not that we'll be listening to this.

Judith: I don’t want to see anyone dying out there.

Rowan: Yeah, me ne-

Clover: Yes, ma’am! Dyin’ is prohibited! I’ll keep that in mind.

dKalO8y.png

What I'm getting on their personalities is, Rowan gets interrupted a lot.

Clover: Don’t let rude polecats walk all over ya!

...Rude polecats?

Rowan: You’re the one who-

Clover: Oh, dagnabbit! I forgot about the bandits again! First time fightin’ real bandits, and I’m blowin’ it! Come on, bro! Let’s go get ‘em!

USI1Qg2.png

And so we start!

END DIALOGUE

Ryo8Gcv.pngnQlnr58.png?1pJ6qvgE.png

MhooQUZ.png?1

(I cut out the lower-right corner because it was literally just path tiles)

So, this map is definitely gonna be more intense than last time, but it still shouldn't be too hard, since we ourselves have a bigger army now! Note that this map again uses the rain effect without actually slowing enemies and me down, which is something I SERIOUSLY appreciate. Like, really, I have learned to HATE weather, thanks to ROMhacks.

wx1Z7ts.pngQDJ0lBE.pngiJOhMPF.png

Rowan here is a soldier for us, early on too! He seems pretty average right now, but I'll have to see his growths...

UcBFQF5.pngUH3P6SO.pngBVkqkyn.png

Clover seems like a nice myrm, with her own strong weapon and a respectable 6 strength. Still, if she doesn't get any more strength, then she's useless.

Zg4pESl.png

The generics we're facing are more varied, but not much stronger than last time.

axH9KCz.pngVoZeEKe.png

Yeah, with those stats, I don't see how anyone could pass bandit university. We shouldn't have too many problems.

NEXT TIME: Saving the village!

GROWTHS:

Clover:

HP: 70%

Strength: 30%

Skill: 50%

Speed: 55%

Luck: 50%

Total: 300%

Hmm... she doesn't seem overspecialized, and her good total is balanced out by the fact that 50% of it is in luck. Really, that 30% strength growth is what's gonna decide things. If she refuses to get it, then we can't use her...

Rowan:

HP: 80%

Strength: 40%

Speed: 50%

Defense: 25%

Resistance: 15%

That speed is excellent and the strength is serviceable, but those defensive growths kinda worry me. Even if he gets defense, I can't see him ever being anything BUT wrecked by magic attacks. Still, we'll use him, and see if he can't do okay for himself!

Come on guys, this hack is great! Don't go all silent on me!

Awful reigns in...

Awful Emblem: Episode 2: Chapter 1: Battle in the Rain

K3hQLum.pngxHdO4OK.png

To begin, Rowan heads up here to show the soldier just how much better he is.

xaeCTj7.png

Clover can one-round the bandits with the Saber, but not with her iron sword. The Saber isn't that great a weapon, so I don't feel like I need to conserve uses.

lh3VT6h.png

Stuff time!

Pt1RiRG.png

Whoa, what? You're not a thing! You're... Wil?

Lady Wil(?): You know I’m good with a bow. Just set me loose and watch them drop like geese!

GA2SBBa.pngFK0N3XI.pngL3trFg0.png

So, this is some crazy gender-bent version of Wil... now I know where I recognized the name from in Reckoning! Anyways, far as I can tell archers don't have some obligatory "This makes you useful" buff, but she does come with a longbow... we'll see her growths soon, I guess.

YOi3UdN.png

Bandit! Of course, he will reach the red house long after we do. He's pretty much not a threat.

ULPKRsv.png

First kill!

VwLuFE3.png

Dangit, Judith! Don't be doing this to me! You're supposed to be HECTORA!

twwvKsv.png

Will THIS house give us stuff?

QPo4ofN.png

Whoa, what? Judith has a LIVING mother? That's rare!

Judith’s mom: Of course I am, Judith. I may be just a merchant, but I’ve got my own skills.

H9XK7Ja.png

This is the beginning of the game, we won't be needing extras for a while yet.

Judith: Mmm, well… They could be better, I guess. I’ve been giving this one a few swings and it’s not in the best of shape.

Judith’s mom: I thought as much. Here, take this and get yourself some spares. Never know when you need a new weapon, after all.

XCBwALX.pngUGwEotZ.png

Don't turn it down, Judith! Money is very important!

cRabxOC.png

Ha, ha.

Judith’s mom: Now, be careful out there, Judith. They may be common thieves, but they aren’t holding back.

Sk9c9VS.png

Better than Eleanor or whatever from FE7, all she did was give us Isadora.

(But really, this interaction is kinda cute.)

Judith’s mom: Of course I am. Now get!

1mYlCRE.png

Money!

OaUibRO.png

We keep fighting, and another fighter shows up.

Wdi7UJC.png

While we lure out those last few generics, I decide to get to spending that money!

Moezp4d.png

Standard earlygame armory, I grab an axe and lance.

Wl65GNJ.png

Dangit, Rowan!

O1y0lij.pngofkFhU7.png

At least it's more than just a vulnerary... normally, I like to stock up a ton of heals, but with our limited inventory space, I don't think it's feasible.

cbmRFBb.png

More dialogue!

HuZOF8a.png

Conspiracy theorist: I told you, and you wouldn’t listen. The emperor’s ill, the lord’s doing who knows what, and we common folk get to sit here and suffer. Mark my words, this is just the start of bad times.

Not to worry, guy! With FE protagonists around, little suffering will be had!

oOwxekj.png

WHOA. Now THAT is a good first level! You keep that up, Rowan, and you'll be AMAZING!

NeJM2SG.png

Clover doesn't get such a good first level. Rowan stole all her luck!

8072wwf.png

The victory music now starts at three enemies instead of one, meaning it's playing here.

EGQiDaG.png

Strength! Not as good as Rowan's level, but still something we can use!

i3uvZzs.png

Good to have this, too.

Gpj0c4O.png

Last house!

NzUXgs4.png

Child: But you know what? My dad’s in the army, fighting for the lord! I mean, you guys are good and all, but do you get to go around the land, fighting bad guys? I really don’t think so.

You know, kid, we are literally saving your life right now. And your house. And your food. Instead of saying "army is better than militia", you might want to consider which of the two is actually HELPING you.

f0SeAlF.png

Archer fight!

(Willow wins.)

6gjp4uK.png

The boss doesn't move. And he has 1 1-range weapon.

uBRUINU.png

Tolver: I’ll crush the lot of ya myself!

vzWp1sl.png

He isn't even on a healing tile! If we wanted, we could just do this until he died!

wS0bi0l.pngxGFFvtL.png

I chip him down to almost nothing so Rowan can finish. I wanted to see if he would get a good follow-up level.

qtc5jmF.png

Yeah, well, there's a reason bandits are stupid. It's because they're STUPID BANDITS.

EbEqk0v.png

Good, I guess, but kinda disappointing after the last one.

EpUIzbN.png

Apparently, Judith's mom is the representative of the town!

Niccolo: I’ve finished my rounds. The only injuries are minor.

Judith’s mom: Did the bandits seem more aggressive than usual?

Niccolo: No seeming about it. The blackguards even burned down my church.

Judith’s mom: What!

Judith: On that note, I won’t be able to accompany you on your trip, Mother.

IkAOUlJ.png

Ah, so this is why the political stuff is relevant! We're going to be visiting a lord!

Judith’s mom: Yes, that is more important. I’ll be fine without you. Just come back with help.

Judith: I will. Stay safe, Mother.

Judith’s mom: You, too.

Judith: I’ll send word ahead. Everyone who’s coming with me, go get some rest; we leave at dawn.

Are we done?

vTaHH1B.png

Nope, we have another politics meeting! See if you can guess which map sprite corresponds to which portrait...

MKGHysj.png

Lordly lady: None.

FWcLHch.png

King: I am not convinced.

kdE5h77.png

Oh man, high taxes! As everyone knows, rulers who support high taxes are AUTOMATICALLY EVIL!

Richter: My lord, please recon-

King: I have made my decision, Richter. And you just said you were finished.

XdvUySP.png

Oh, wow. I'm not sure what to think about Mr. Generic King here.

Richter: …As you will. Then I shall head home, and govern my lands. By your leave.

j4vezvM.png

IBUMRyt.pnghWpkc9p.png

Uh, King dude? You okay?

Vera: Yes, my lord.

R52KAux.pngkvV7Wry.png

Oh man, this can't NOT be relevant.

Vera: I suggest caution with this case. Otherwise, we may appear to be… My lord, you do not look well.

ukCWoAq.png

And then he RANDOMLY DIES. I guess we'll have to wait to find out the truth...

xsI8NEb.png

NEXT TIME: Generic bandit chapter #3!

GROWTHS:

Willow:

HP: 75%

Strength: 40%

Speed: 45%

Luck: 35%

Defense: 25%

Total: 295%

This archer seems like... well, she seems like an archer. Only real specialization is skill, and she has okay strength and speed, and bad but not nonexistent defenses... Really, if she doesn't get lucky with her growths, she's going to end up just as useless as archers always are.

Since this is an actually good and long hack, we're going to be doing this in the style of some of my older let's plays, like Death or Glory and Road to Ruin.

Iron sword, Iron lance, Iron axe, Iron Bow. Uh, devs? Inconsistency spotted!

"We need an archer."

"Make Wil a girl."

"Perfect!" - My guess on the meeting on who the first archer would be.

Iron sword, Iron lance, Iron axe, Iron Bow. Uh, devs? Inconsistency spotted!

"We need an archer."

"Make Wil a girl."

"Perfect!" - My guess on the meeting on who the first archer would be.

Inconsistency? I don't see it...

I'm really liking the spritework for most of these characters. Even Willow has some charm to her. But Judith's mom is... those eyes are kinda creeping me out the more I look at them.

The sprites are great, but I personally didn't see anything wrong with the mom... huh.

Well, I've just finished reading this entire thread... It was an extremely interesting read, thank you! It made me laugh quite a few times.

Your welcome! The thread's still going, and I have other LPs too if you want to read them.

The CHAPTER 2 PRELUDE!

OCVQT92.png

5kHzchU.png

The chapter opens with this while the happy traveling music is playing. It's kinda dissonant.

N: A messenger is sent immediately to retrieve Lord Richter, who had returned to his estate, Castle Thessalon.

B5LCrlz.png

Looks like lots of people are converging on Thessalon here.

D0axyhU.pngGHWXOSM.png

But of course! What ELSE would happen?

jNCLZjS.pngm5k0LPa.png

We open to some random cavalier riding through, when he's stopped by someone clearly evil.

Jerkdit: Where are you off to in such a hurry?

Messenger: I bear a message from the crown for Duke Richter. Please. Stand aside.

Jerkdit: Do you now? Would be a right shame if that message didn’t arrive, wouldn’t it?

LNvdhjR.png

Messenger! Just RUN!

Pffvi4l.png

Too late. Did this guy SERIOUSLY not consider the possibility of highwaymen?

vmynH9Q.png

CUT TO OUR HEROES! They aren't even on the same map, we'll be playing that other one later.

Niccolo: I am certain of it. Long ago, when Lord Cedric still ruled this land, I made regular lumber deliveries along this path.

Judith: Lumber? When were you doing woodwork?

WfYxlTZ.png

HMMMM

I WONDER IF NICCOLO IS SUPPOSED TO BE SIMILAR TO ANY OTHER RELIGIOUS FIGURE

Niccolo: I built the church myself, you know.

wu4Nz4m.png

Because he's old?

Niccolo: I’m not a young man anymore, Judith. Can you see me swinging an axe around at my age?

Judith: …Right.

Hey! It's a perfectly valid excuse!

MnW4cL8.png

Judith: I did? When did I agree to that, Willow?

Willow: Oh come now. You remember telling me to join, don’t you?

Judith: I said “Protect the village”! What about that said “Come along?”

Willow: You’re going to see Richter for aid, right? Well, the sooner Richter sees us then, the sooner we can get help.

Judith: So by following us…

Willow: I’m helping the village, yes. Get it?

But... more people makes travel SLOWER!

Judith: …Whatever. It’s too dangerous to send you back anyway. I hope you’re happy.

tVejzaa.pngQgZlJu5.png

We've been spotted by an archer. Just in case you thought we'd get through this without confrontation.

Generic scout: We got company on the way!

Bandit Glass: How many?

Generic scout: Looks like five, boss. Armed.

Bandit Glass: Right, gather the men, looks like it’s time to earn some coin. First rounds on me tonight!

Yes, "earn"...

2v0wOXg.png

Judith: I thought you said that almost nobody used this pass.

Niccolo: I do not know. Traveling merchants, perhaps?

Why is everyone so naive!?

QXxLvuX.pngAl4ZtUU.png

Do we get a PREP SCREEN?

c7nKQUa.png

No, but we do have a random greenie...

vzpPIXR.png

Whoa, what? That's a crazy portrait!

2MQZgrj.png?1

gCCf3gS.png7i3K3H0.png?1r1dbrhp.png

(I again cut off a portion that was just pointless intraversible tiles)

mJDkzPv.pngP7XiEhI.pngW51xgOZ.png

Here's our new person. She apparently wants to reverse something's desertification... hmm. I'll use her, since we need magic and all, but I'll wait to talk more about her until I see her growths...

0MXIuf4.png

Oh, and we have a new weapon! Guess what it's special effect is...

f4Wihct.png

The generics are weak once again...

H2PaAEt.png

However, we do have an excellent droppable for Judith!

gyqy4Di.pngZb15hEO.png

This is our boss, Payne. He doesn't have the usual "this guy is evil" description... Maybe we can talk to him?

GROWTHS:

Rose:

HP: 75%

Magic: 45%

Skill: 40%

Speed: 35%

Resistance: 45%

She seems to be very well-rounded, but doesn't really specialize in anything...if her growths don't go well, she could become a "Master of None". We'll have to wait and see her levels...

@Monkier: The inconsistency is the fact Iron Bows were capitalised, and the other iron weapons were not. (SF hates quoting and C/Ping for some reason. I blame IE.)

I think you mean an incorruptible bundle of wonder and beauty? Cats are the greatest. :3

I like cats, but you have to admit, in fiction THEY ARE A SIGN OF THE PUREST EVIL*!!!

*Only valid in spy movies and cartoons starring mice or other cat prey

I think you mean an incorruptible bundle of wonder and beauty? Cats are the greatest. :3

Cats are so much better than dogs.

@Monkier: The inconsistency is the fact Iron Bows were capitalised, and the other iron weapons were not. (SF hates quoting and C/Ping for some reason. I blame IE.)

Ah. Weird...

Time to be awful in...

Awful Emblem: Episode 3: Chapter 2: A New Person Arrives

Iq1uWH7.png

First order of business: Get this lady on the team!

4LRmgbd.png

Rose: Very well, thank you. My research into cave lichens has yielded amazing results.

...Lichens?

Judith: Lichens…what? What? We’re fighting bandits here!

zd1rXXX.png

Rose: Excuse me, bandits?

This lady seems a bit... wrapped up in her research...

Judith: Yes, bandits… blocking the exit out of this pass.

Rose: Well, this is unfortunate. Now how am I going to reach the capital with my findings?

Judith: Your findings? Are you a scholar, then?

Rose: Mmhmm, and a respectable magician too. If you are going the same way, perhaps we could join forces?

Judith: Yeah, sure. We could use the help. I’m Judith, by the way.

Rose: Rose. A pleasure to meet you.

Despite her seemingly having her own goals, she's never going to try to leave the party.

SPJjSiq.png

Anyways, she's on our side now! Magic-users typically do quite well in the earlygame, before enemies have good resistance.

ASuMpIJ.png

Nope.

HAbufk2.png

House!

wxl6bLX.png

Old dude: Used to be mercenaries, you know… from that place up north. Darbos, I think. Work must have dried up, or they must have thought it was easier to steal gold than earn it. Doesn’t matter. Life’s going to be much easier without them around.

Hmmm... I wonder if we'll get more info about this?

yHOcmAo.pngw8NPm9Y.png

Hitting Rose makes Rose MAD.

bEajgsU.png

Oh, what? What's this blue cavalier doing here?

Xf0rkvG.png

Oh, yes! This here is June. I'll talk more about her in a minute.

nU8lUWJ.png

June: Have the bandits sunk so low?

kc5BSZJ.pngzK3XI9b.pngbEE3Qp7.png

This is June. She has a quite high starting level, so we don't want to train her a ton this early... however, judging by the thread for this hack, she has an odd tendency to turn out AMAZING for some people. We'll be training her, and seeing if there's any truth to those rumors! Because as we all know personal experience perfectly says how good a character is

gbgv9u0.png

0% hit chances already, huh?

Vs6sq0T.png

Thingy obtained!

9ujhxrZ.png

Oh hey! These two have a talk.

MU8h5jf.png

June: If you’ll have me. Though I fear I’m the only one as I wasn’t expecting to come across highwaymen.

Judith: Nobody does. We welcome the help.

Why is she here? We'll probably be told more later...

d9HYmKx.png

More bandits. Whatever, it's not like I can't take them.

lcoFeEu.png

Meanwhile, this guy has stealthily snuck up behind me!

5BlS9PP.png

NOT the best first level...

83CnCB7.png

Dangit, Clover! Myrms are supposed to be ACCURATE!

O9fy7CL.png

June can gets straight to wrecking enemies, no training required.

gmjo2zb.png

Excellent!

R7UXnDQ.png

Amazing!

hAgwpwp.png

We're almost done. That was quite fast!

3O7zEJM.png

Defenses are good.

n3jv3pI.png

You know guys, Willow isn't a bad unit at all.

3jAJIne.png

Let's play the age-old FE game; DOES THE BOSS MOVE?

v5q2hKs.pngnihMKGn.pngP79MMLx.png

Yes! Yes he does!

ub3y7KL.png

Judith can't talk to him...

ROlcJ1p.png

So she uppercuts him instead!

VgajjYl.png

And DEAD.

pJ0WJTq.pngmNAytqT.png

Wait wait wait, he ACTUALLY SURRENDERED? Generic bandit boss(as a Glass recolor no less) is actually going to SURVIVE!?

NxkeiDd.png

I expect better out of you, Rose! This isn't good!

I9spd7B.png

It's kinda sad, but I can't really feel sorry for him. He didn't have any regrets until he was about to die.

Payne: Robbin’ folks isn’t going t’ bring the mines back…

Judith: The mines? What brings a man from Luzern this far south?

Payne: The gold’s running out. Has been for a while, but they keep digging deeper. It’s not safe to work, and food isn’t exactly in high supply in the mountains. What else could I do? I’ve a family to feed!

ts8P133.png

Killing people to save people typically doesn't work out well for anyone. Even if you save the people in question, damage is going to be done to everyone involved in some way.

Judith: What would your family say if they saw you now?

Payne: I’m not proud of what I’ve done! But I… I’ve got nothing else… You don’t understand what it’s like there!

Judith: …

BMj7WUv.pngNoRllus.png

I believe you, actually. My history classes say that this is entirely possible.

Payne: Our esteemed duchess, Cassandra, spends more time playing politics in the capital than caring for us. We mean nothing to her!

Judith: I’m sorry… I didn’t know that it was so bad up there.

Don't apologize, Judith. He did just try to kill you.

Payne: It doesn’t excuse what I’ve done,

VdE2DHB.png

Payne: My family can’t live without me!

Hmmm... generic bandit boss expressing remorse...

Z56dZRQ.png

Yup. Bye.

FLNU0dR.png

Niccolo: that is a very bold move, Judith.

LET'S SEE IF IT WORKS OUT FOR HER

Judith: I’m not sure. It wouldn’t have felt right to kill him. Not after that… Was I wrong?

Niccolo: This is not a correction, Judith.

OksKs72.png

Niccolo: Be aware, however, not all foes will be so honest.

Now, let's greet our newcomer!

OY3WvWf.png

Judith: Ah, so my message arrived, then? Thank you for all your help!

Wait, hold on! Why not just send a message to Richter for aid, instead of petitioning personally! The message clearly traveled faster than you did!

June: Think nothing of it.

dx7SGwZ.png

Well, at least she's a ranking soldier, which explains why she's level 4 and not level 1. She's also our red cavalier, which means we'll be getting a green cavalier shortly.

g7cbnaF.png

And our green cavalier might just be named Ferris!

Judith: Who?

June: Oh, a friend of mine. You’ll see him when we arrive at Thessalon.

Judith: Yes, of course. Please, lead the way, Lady June.

IgJ7CGN.png

Politics update #3!

GetAkgn.png

His remorse is probably fake. The guy HAS to be evil with a face like that...

Probably evil dude: ‘Tis a sad day for Athania.

Lordly lady: No mere sickness could have felled him. The emperor was always a hale and hearty man…

LhgHsrX.pngnbqRVyW.png

Old lady: According to the coroner, it certainly wasn’t old age that caught up with him.

So, somebody assassinated him! I mean, this was pretty obvious...

Probably evil dude: You don’t mean to say…

eYZKYtU.png

Old lady: But whose, I wonder.

zbSGTKa.png

Ahah! It seems this guy's stumbled upon the obvious answer: HIMSELF!

YKGIfCn.pngW5QbhSV.png

Wait, Richter? Literally EVERYONE was watching him, and in the room with him! What would he even have DONE?

BWS7iz6.png

His messenger was intercepted!

...Wait, Richter is the prince? Shouldn't he be in the castle? Why is he already governing stuff? This makes no sense!

Old lady: Surely you don’t suspect Lord Richter.

Lordly lady: …I want him brought back for questioning.

Probably evil dude: I have already seen to it, my lady.

Old lady: Have you now…?

Probably evil dude: Now, if you will excuse me, I must pay my respects to the diseased.

s8NPSdo.png

Are you SURE?

TCcQDZN.png

Old lady: I’d just call him a sycophant.

Lordly lady: You would know. He is the only one doing his job. His loss of stature was a grave injustice.

Old lady: As you say, my lady. But there are other jobs to be done at this time.

Lordly lady: At last some wisdom from your lips. Chancellor!

h8SKw17.png

Lordly lady: We have wasted enough time. Convene the Senate and choose the new Emperor.

Chancellor: At once, my lady.

gMBDhok.png

Wait, is this pink-haired lady gonna be the new ruler?

Lordly lady: The Senate chooses the Emperor. That is the law.

Old lady: I’ll leave the law in your hands, then. Someone needs to tell the high priest to begin the Rites of Mourning anyway.

sI8DwI3.png

1f8BcOp.png

Alright, I guess we're done!

NEXT TIME: The worst assassins ever!

EDIT: Judith's growths have been missing for weeks. Finally, I have returned, to edit them in! FOR AUTHENTICITY!

GROWTHS:

June:

HP: 80%

Strength: 35%

Skill: 45%

Speed: 50%

Defense: 30%

Resistance: 30%

Total: 300%

Yup, pretty good cavalier.

Edited by TheMoniker