The ROLLING REQUEST THREAD(Currently doing: A Hiatus)

TheMoniker

What hack/s would you like me to play soon?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the choices:

• Decay of the Fangs(mediocre)
    • League of ASDF(pretty good)
    • Yuri's Sidestory(okay I guess)
    • Shattered Realms(good)
    • Exalted Legacy(no idea)
    • Shatterlight(excellent)

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted the Decay of the Fangs. The name is too impressive and poetic for not vote.

Anyway, this hack was bad. It's idea of difficulty was of spam randomly hard enemies, then balance all giving you at irregular intervals a new OP unit with no sense or logic. And as you said, you had too few units for made a serious strategy.

>decay of the fangs is winning

oh jesus, that one isn't really a bad game, but its painful for me because it had pretty good potential, but the flaws are too obvious, not to mention its ded now. (that and i actually played it)

i'll look at it for your views, but its not gonna be the game ya'll think its gonna be.

oh jesus, that one isn't really a bad game, but its painful for me because it had pretty good potential, but the flaws are too obvious, not to mention its ded now. (that and i actually played it)

yeah, chapters 6-8 and 9 were a severe decrease in quality. But at least it picks back up at chapter 10.

uuuh

1.4 is coming out soon

so could you not play bloodlines yet lol

If Bloodlines won the poll before 1.4, could it just be the first hack played after 1.4 comes out? :P: Of course, that's just how I'd handle it, I'm not the LPer ^_^

yeah, chapters 6-8 and 9 were a severe decrease in quality. But at least it picks back up at chapter 10.

yeah, what i'm saying is its not a awful fucking game that you wanna laugh your ass off, but its also not a masterpiece that we must check out. its a very middle of the road game, which might be worse then being bad.

its a really tragic and annoying to play it, look at all the issues it has, then realise "this will never get better because the author gave up". which might've been for the best.

glad maiden quest is winning now, i hope it stays like that.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

You should really have polls only have one option, giving multiple options makes it hard to decide! :P: Can't wait for the next LP!

Ha! This is why I make the polls multiple choice, so if there's 3 hacks you particularly want, you don't have to just choose one.

This was...kind of boring actually.

Except for the Natalie art, yeah.

i'll look at it for your views, but its not gonna be the game ya'll think its gonna be.

To be honest guys, Malakov is kind of right here. I think if I did it it would be an interesting LP, but it's so long I'd need to give it it's own thread. I put it in the poll because I'm kind of running out of stuff to put there that I actually want to play.

uuuh

1.4 is coming out soon

so could you not play bloodlines yet lol

Yeah, that's why I was glad I didn't play it earlier, I REALLY don't like to play hacks when they're in the "NEW PATCH COMING ANY MINUTE NOW" weeks.

yeah from what I seen in another LP, maiden quest was damn good, I wonder if it ever gotten updated.

Maiden Quest is actually good. I think it would make a good LP. I want to have an excuse to play your submission though...

qzdhZnA.png

Today, Moniker presents an LP of...

IH5AbVl.png

LE CHIEN EST ADORABLE!

Okay, as some of you probably noticed/guessed, this is ALSO a banned ragefest submission. Now, Ragefest 3 was full of good hacks, and so there was some worthwhile stuff to compare the other two banned hacks we've played to. But this hack is different. It wasn't banned from Ragefest 3. It was banned from Ragefest 1. That's right, it was banned from the contest that contained "beauties" such as "Boss Rush" and other random hacks that weren't hard or rage-y at all! If you don't get what I mean, you should go and check out the contest. Honestly, it's totally cool. The competition itself, I mean. I should probably have recommended it earlier, thinking about it.

Like all the other Ragefest hacks, it can be found on Markyjoe's website.

Anyways, I have absolutely NO idea what to expect from this. So, let's get into it!

WARNING: Super long, 100-image update ahead! Do NOT open if you are expecting something quick!

Le Chien Est Adorable:

IbxgtRr.png

Let's get started.

vo8Ec5O.png

Standard settings...

0N8KFuh.png

I'm so nervous... WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN?

4x4NBu2.png

Okay, so... we have a castle... and a river...

nNDQU7O.png

Tons of enemies spawning in the fog...

kX1GqHK.png

And... that's it?

We start?

Pu8XrBX.pngprtHPbW.png?1

fM1iZVb.pnghivwhaK.png?1

Already, we can see several reasons why this hack would be banned. After playing all the other hacks, Markyjoe probably took one long at this and said "Nope!". For the first time in a while we DON'T actually have Bloated Map Syndrome, but that's pretty much the only good thing I can see. The one tile fog... will it be handled in a BS-y manner? Almost definitely. There are no thieves or torches in sight.

mWAU7TT.png

Our objective is "SURVIVING!!!". Is this actually a defense mission? Probably not!

Let's look at our units:

HvKGdLx.pngdpQQy6A.pngqOAZcK3.png

The paladin is Isadora, who apparently became AWESOME at some point! I can't say whether she's good or bad until I look at the enemies...

uIeKVQg.pngpoJoLDX.png4nTZsmQ.png

The general is Wallace, who is very buff, but that speed is SLOW. What is this, FE7if with 0% speed growth?

7ueBTHn.pngdJi0oo4.pngCknobi6.png

Dart has the worst inventory, but he is indisputably strong.

QurDnrK.png

And no, we can't visit the village.

HEsPNS6.png

HMMM, I WONDER IF THERE'S ANYTHING IN THIS FOG

QEmN3rG.png

...No?

dbKJy6p.png

Apparently there IS something on the forts though!

Cwt6Aba.png

Stupid forts!

They'll be saving my life later.

l04SWVZ.png

Ow.

fE0eBLT.png

Ow.

KV8p4NJ.png

Ow.

Okay.

Let me tell you something.

Three 2-range bow-users just attacked Dart.

In 1-range fog.

Where we have no thieves.

Or torches.

And only 3 units.

jfuswcv.png

Oh, make that 5, I guess!

OotPHNx.pngfkyaG3R.pngh3vB7RC.png

Well-rounded warrior to complement Dart? Okay.

XVlvrVs.pngaTuN3dX.pngNfNsjCM.png

An absolutely EXCELLENT dodgetank! And a normal tank too, with that Runesword! She has the lowest defenses of anyone so far, though...

Was I about to say something? I got sidetracked... I think I was about to go on a tirade?

pkeISqO.png

Whatever, let's try(and fail) to find those bow-users...

DK9GEGY.pngOkMy0iW.png

Productivity! At least this guy is 1-range...

lFe90ha.png

Ow ow ow ow

XW1hDVL.png

Phew, we're-

850qj3Y.png

WHYWHYWHY

I REMEMBER MY TIRADE NOW

MASSIVE BOW-USING ARMY

IN 1-RANGE FOG

WHEN YOU HAVE NO THIEVES OR TORCHES

THIS ISN'T FAIR

THIS ISN'T TRYING TO BE FAIR

THIS IS JUST BS

sPpZ6nG.png

Suddenly, all regret I might have had for using savestates magically disappears into the fog!

h3y0Tor.png

Can't get him.

WNbPVOR.png

CAN'T GET HIM I SAID

Wait...

First, 2-range bow users...

AND NOW PURGE USERS?

Was the creator even TRYING?

PLNmbI5.png

Screw you guys!

7FcMRuB.png

There's tons of enemies around, and we can see exactly ZERO of them! HOW is this FAIR?

e8uCU7P.png

Oh, and trollreinforcements are spawning on the enemy phases!

ccT84bF.pngFR6Vd89.png

Hatefoghatefoghatefoghatefog...

cqCrg8l.png

Yes, hit her instead!

jg4wCAW.png

Oh crap!

NONONONONONO

2MHtkxf.png

NONONONONONONONO

IlqmPMc.png

First, it was bow users.

Then, it was siege tomes.

Now, STATUS STAVES OF ALL TYPES, IN THE FOG, WITH NO RESTORES OF ANY KIND.

What's next? Ballista? FIRE DRAGONS WHO CAN HIT FROM ACROSS THE MAP? INSTANT KILL TILES RANDOMLY SCATTERED THROUGHOUT THE COURSE?

F9637kp.png

I resort to my last option that doesn't involve savestate abuse: Fog-movement testing!

lssaI4a.png

Gotcha!

KXtCHnd.png

Oh, right! I forgot about something! You know how we can't see through the fog, but the AI can? Well, since berserked units are controlled by the AI, Dart is now immune to fog!

GO DART! HELP US AND DON'T HURT US!

tWY5TCD.png

I should've said this before, but they're not just normal bows, these enemies have SPECIAL bows. One-shot tier bows!

vTRm2nH.png

Screw this hack!

F5Nq3gu.png

I regret playing it, I regret putting it in the poll...

q84ahVx.png

Ah... catharsis...

5lpvurv.png

CATHARSIS WEARING OFF

Karla, you are supposed to DODGE

aR0wsrg.png

1: Bow users

2: Siege tomes

3: Status staves

4: SPECIAL bow users and effective weapons

5: 8-tile movement fliers with top tier throwing spears

WHY!?!

l8Q86bL.png

At least Wallace is pro...

pzkd5Xc.pngC5CP2f1.png

My bows are better than your bows!

hF2c8hf.png

Oh come ON! Is there even any hope for us to actually WIN this?

Wq5tglU.pngdr92irM.pngYPt44IP.png

I mean, there's so much stuff and so few ways for us to handle it that we've barely moved from the starting position!

jzvnJWc.png

WHY? WHY does this sniper keep HITTING?

SmEpLo1.png

Can I cry now?

CQAMPYu.png

At least Dart is missing...

cq6K2Z6.png

But the enemies don't miss him...

BqdEdWp.png

*cries*

gN1haGh.png

Oh, and the trollreinforcements? They haven't stopped at any point. No idea what's going on over the bridge.

HklDQJV.pngIetoIqr.png

Okay... okay... I'm feeling a bit better now.

3FTm687.png

Maybe... just maybe... we could inch forward a bit?

NjhugMS.pngxVPEKeR.pngA8z3KNR.png

NOPE.

NtcYoMg.pngCi25n6o.png

Maybe we should just stay on the forts.

lw20whS.pnghK159Bo.png

Isadora has grabbed a mountain, and is using it. GOOD FOR HER.

hvDdtzf.pngKGJLPUU.png

*BONK* *BONK* *BONK*

rNKIcGE.png

I just don't even know what to say anymore...

DkNLCIZ.png

Oh look. We found out where the trollreinforcements were coming from.

NZWOWlO.pngBtc0XHF.png

We sure DID find out, Didn't we?

M58NXKw.png

WE SURE DID!

lAA3Ka4.png

The first and only level of the hack. This summarizes how I feel towards the hack and Karla. "One-stat level".

srXAuEe.pngiRGtDG9.png

EVERYTHING IS FALLING APART

fMx0DVX.png

And... that's it?

It's... over?

What?

Huh?

It just faded to black and ended...

Wait, I get it! It actually WAS a survival mission! But... that makes EVEN LESS SENSE!

bLC4qCm.pngkodus8B.png

The next chapter seems to be normal...

I guess we're done here.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

So, essentially, this hack was pure, unfiltered BS. I can absolutely and totally understand why it was banned, even from the pathetic crowd that was Ragefest 1(except for Matthew's Nightmare). This hack's difficulty relied entirely, I repeat, ENTIRELY, on the BS mechanic that is 1-range fog. We couldn't see the enemies, and NEEDED savestates to find and dodge them. There was NO way to adequately predict the oncoming enemies without savestates. Not just that, but the lack of any sort of dialogue or clear objective didn't help either!

All in all, out of all the banned ragefest hacks I've played, this was the worst of the worst.

NEXT TIME: One-Day hack! Is it ACTUALLY GOOD? I guess we'll find out...

That hack... made no sense. Five characters with only two actually having something to do with another? A title that means "The dog is adorable?" How... strange.

And that's not even commenting on the gameplay, which likely would result in keyboard throwing/smashing.

Worse than DDOP?

To be entirely honest... YES! As Mr. Night said, this one doesn't even have potential!

with rage fests like that you can see why marky joe placed his rules revolving around fog of war.

Yeah, really, a lot of stuff is making a lot more sense now.

Can I just say that I DIDN'T vote for that hack? Because I didn't force that crap on you, everyone else did. :MerlinusYoung:

I kind of force it on myself when putting it in the polls, but thanks, I guess.

We always force crap on Moniker because we want to see his reaction to it.

y u so cruel

tC11SsO.png

Today, we are going to play... well, you can kind of already see the title.

lGTk9en.png

ONE-DAY HACK!

Basically, this hack was made by Blazer(found here), and was just a massive waste of his time! His goal was to make a hack as fun and crazy as possible in one day, using leftover sprite resources and whatnot! He didn't do it alone, and he had help, which is a good thing! For the first time in an uncomfortably long while, we'll actually get to play something that has a CHANCE to be good! Will it ACTUALLY BE even SOMEWHAT redeemable? Let's find out!

One-Day Hack: Level 1: U Mad Bro?

1fEgdNa.png

Ignore the top file, that's my old one. I'm not going into this blind.

iXlgceD.png

Don't worry, I won't be mad... unless you have 1-tile fog...

tBS1yk0.png

This already looks weird. But, it's better than looking terrible!

v7c55gn.png

This is BLAZER, the creator's self-insert! He's the main character, and he sucks!

8m9hHu0.pngTGxW9Ji.png

To be honest, after everything I've seen, these words are a welcome sight. Nothing rage-tastic, or seriously terrible, just... fun!

Blazer: We’ve tried to change up as many things as possible in this time, so we hope you like it.

55USP9S.pngTquAzew.png

The music for the prologue is some awesome beats. Seriously, I wish I could give you guys a tincdeck track or whatever they're called.

7wV43gV.png

Yeah, that was like the worst theme ever and played EVERY. SINGLE. LEVEL.

Blaze: Buuuuuuuuuuut at the same time, it’s too bad you have to relive the rest of the prologue, bro. Teehee~

What was that last laugh about...?

END DIALOGUE

iZnQ6dJ.png

Let's get right into it!

GizVtJB.pngpbKgecE.pngbe9O6Mg.png

Blazer, our hero with an incorrect description! His stats are pretty great for a level 1 Berserker. I honestly don't know what else to say about him.

LSnasp9.pngcW6OoFQ.png

Oh no, a Creep! I never liked creep in Starcraft... it's so annoying to have to carry detectors everywhere and shoot all the tumors...

4T4brVg.pngTt8xKsT.png

Our boss is U MAD BRO? He's the main villain of the hack, and with those stats, I doubt he'll be able to stand up to Blazer!

wtE5wkM.png

He ded

wNdzIdA.png0IqTGaW.pngRTTFuvL.png

Oh snap!

f0EFCEs.png

Blazer: Cut the bulzark!

bic35vH.png

He then spears Blazer.

C9bqGVW.pngh3IUN3T.png

After a short-but-epic battle...

aq8xkFF.png

Blazer wins!

S7HKdSR.png

Hah!

E8xRH1t.png

Oh, what?

qCRSMw9.png

Oh, right!

PnvOF8s.png

Are you SURE?

WNp94Zl.pnga9J7dJv.png

Blazer: I better get my noob hacker buddies to help me out here.

fEDVRBL.png

...What?

pFQnV97.pngc5nbPSG.png

Listen, Blazer. After the things I've seen, I think my eyes are quite simply out of blood.

t8otSZZ.png

NEXT TIME: Me actually being not mad.

Okay guys, the recording for this hack is almost done, so I'm gonna say it right now: The next hack will be MAIDEN QUEST! Oh, and I've reset the poll and updated the remaining options, saying what I know about their quality and whether or not they'll require a separate thread.