Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

I didn't see this before, but one thing to note here is that I am certain that the cost 1 Tiki card cannot become the other Tiki card. Tiki as a unit is non-promotable and the cost 5 card does not have a promotion cost. It's still a distinct possibility that the cost 1 Tiki card could be your main character.

Kirokan's translation of the latest Famitsu does indicate that you can do that, actually. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53219&page=16#entry3784482

It even uses that specific Tiki card as an example . They call it "leveling up" your character (as opposed to promoting, which has the card draw/css advantage). It's not the official rulebook of course, but it sounds correct to me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Miriel card! This is actually the first Miriel card I remember seeing.

uS8sU1Y.jpg

"【カード紹介】スターターデッキ限定カードの1枚、「覚醒篇」のミリエルです。商品にはミリエルのホログラム加工のカードも入っています。手札を操作するスキルを持っています。(Illust:とよた瑣織) #FEcipher "

source: https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/605712302977875968

It's been a little while, but I'm back on track with another translation booster pack to catch up on the most recent cards revealed on Twitter. I'm glad they are putting up so many new/previously unreadable ones!

As other's have noted, Minerva's skills are very powerful for a deck centered around flying units. Being able to protect all of your units from archers is already great, but also gaining more attack power for each flying unit on the field should prove to be an intense double whammy.

The Miriel card has the same support as Linde earlier, and Miriel's only other skill just lets you draw one card at the expense of discarding one and not being able to attack, which doesn't really seem worth it. I'd be interested to see how that card can be put to good use.

Princess of Macedon, Minerva (Pegasus Knight)

Minerva%20Pegasus%20Knight%20B01-031N.jp

Rarity: Common / Series 1 Booster Card #031

Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Shadow Dragon / Female / Lance / Flying / Mounted

Quote: “Palla, Catria, Est…altogether now!”

Skill 1: “Winds of Macedon” / ∞ / If there are two or more flying affinity units on your battlefield, this unit’s attack is increased by 10.

Skill 2: N/A

Support Skill: “Flyer’s Emblem” / ♥ / You may choose one ally that is not an attacking unit and move it.

Attack Power: 30

Support Attack Power: 30

Range: 1

Unpromoted

Class: Pegasus Knight

Title: Princess of Macedon

Card ID: B01-031N

Illustrator: Mari Shimazaki

Princess Minerva (Dracoknight)

Minerva%20Wyvern%20Rider%20B01-030R.jpg

Rarity: Rare / Series 1 Booster Card #030

Cost: 4 / Promotion Cost: 3

Affinities: Shadow Dragon / Female / Axe / Flying / Dragon

Quote: “I will spare my brother a death on some stranger’s sword. Let him be punished by my hands.”

Skill 1: “Elysian Whip” / ∞ / For each allied flying unit this unit’s attack is increased by 10.

Skill 2: “Iote’s Shield” / ∞ / All enemy unit’s lose the ability to use the “Clearing the Skies” ability while this card is on the battlefield.

Support Skill: N/A

Attack Power: 50

Support Attack Power: 30

Promoted

Class: Dracoknight

Title: Princess

Card ID: B01-030R

Illustrator: Mari Shimazaki

Intellectual Inquirer Miriel

Miriel%20Mage%20S02-004ST.jpg

Rarity: Starter Deck / Series 1 Starter Deck 2 Card #004

Cost: 1

Affinities: Awakening / Female / Tome

Quote: “…Most intriguing.”

Skill 1: “Mage’s Research” / α / [Tap this card, Discard 1 card from your hand] Draw 1 card.

Support Skill: “Mage’s Emblem” / ♥ / Draw one card. Then, choose one card from your hand and place it in the discard pile.

Support Attack Power: 20

Range: 1-2

Unpromoted

Class: Mage

Title: Intellectual Inquirer

Card ID: S02-004ST

Illustrator: Saori Toyota

Hey! Sorry, the post got buried by the other ones. I don't mind that at all, once I get to regularly translating the cards. Thanks to aubergine's hard work, the process has become a lot faster since now instead of the translation and typesetting, I only have to do the second. : )

EDIT: Chrom card! On my blog, I link to your twitter page and compendium, aubergine. I have just your username on the card, but if you want me to get your specific twitter address on there, let me know : )

I also changed the quote as he's saying 守ってみせる, where as you had written something about changing fate. I also emphasized the "Halidom" part of Ylisse.

chrom-lord-b01-053hn-translatej.jpg

Hope to tackle whatever other higher resolution cards we have next! Will take a look at the list tomorrow. The above is also in JPEG format to save space, but of course I kept the higher quality PNG for anyone who wants them by request.

Thanks again for a great typesetting! I appreciate any feedback on my translation work. I agree that the quote should be changed, as this was one of the earlier translations I did, and this was before I realized that the quotes were supposed to be direct quotes from in game text found in the Japanese versions of the game. As such, I definitely think that the quote should be change much like you have there, but maybe something more akin to a direct line from his dual supports in Awakening like "I got your back.", I feel like "I'll protect you" is too dry and not as indicative of Chrom's character, plus I'm not sure that's a direct quote from in game text like the official Japanese quote is. If Chrom did say that in game, then it is definitely just as applicable.

With his title, I was wondering which translation to go with since sometimes the Awakening localization team would shorten it to just Ylisse and other times it would be Halidom of Ylisse. Both are correct, I just wonder if an official English localization of the Cipher TCG would shorten it to save space.

Since you mentioned it, putting my twitter username on there would be great! I don't want to trouble you to change it on this or the Marth one, but I guess for all future ones that would be very cool. Thank you!

Thanks for the translation as always! Minerva looks to be an AWESOME lord for a flying deck. A dual-"color" flying deck looks as if it'd have a lot of potential, but I may be biased considering that flying units tend to be my favorites in most FE games.

It would be nice if it were so easy to use multiple colors, but I do wonder if it is as easy to add Cordelia to them (and let's be honest, until Sumia and Cynthia show up as promoted units, it's just gonna be adding her to a Shadow Dragon deck right now).

The official Twitter just released this new Tiki card image. The skills don't really have anything new to offer to the game as they are pretty much the same as the previous Tiki cards. This Tiki has the benefit of being a Awakening card, thus easier to play in a blue themed deck, but honestly I'm not sure why they didn't at least give her one different skill to differentiate between the Shadow Dragon Tiki cards. well upon looking back over the other Tiki cards, this card's 1st skill does act differently than the other Tiki cards, but the way this card plays is still largely the same as the other two.

Sentimental Divine Dragon, Tiki

CGicQOQUIAECIG2.jpg

Rarity: Uncommon / Series 1 Booster Card #099

Cost: 2 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Awakening / Female / Stone / Dragon

Quote: "He is gone now. Lost during my endless sleep..."

Skill 1: "Voice of the Divine Dragon" / α / Once per Turn [Flip 2 Bonds] / Select one card from your hand and place it in the Bonds Area.

Skill 2: "Ancient Dragon Tribe" / ∞ / If you have 5 or more cards in your Bond Area, then this card's attack is increased by 30.

Range: 1-2

Non-Promoted

Class: Manakete

Title: Sentimental Divine Dragon

Card ID: B01-099HN

Illustrator: cuboon

Edited by aubergine

This is what Miriel reminds me of.

It looks like the Shepherds want to ramp quickly and call a bunch of rear-guards to the field. I'm trying to get a feel for the Archanea side, but it seems fragmented - Minerva is excellent support for flying units, and Abel/Cain are a terror while together.

The Cipher website was updated and they revealed that Wave 2 will be launching September 17.They also uploaded a page with some special edition cards like Summer Scramble Cordelia. http://fecipher.jp/event/official/1

Sadly those promos are only available if you participate in tournaments... Sad times :(

I'm hoping to get on to translating the new info from the site update later on today, but for now here is the translation of the new Promo Chrom card:

Prince of Piercing Principles, Chrom

Chrom%20Great%20Lord%20P01-005PR.jpg

Rarity: Promo / Series 1 Promo Card #005

Cost: 3 / Promotion Cost: 2

Affinities: Awakening / Male / Sword

Quote: “Will you follow me…nay, will you place your trust in me?”

Skill 1: “Silver Monarch” / & / When this unit has been class changed, you may choose one enemy unit and move it.

Attack Power: 60

Promoted

Class: Great Lord

Title: Prince of Piercing Principles (Prince of Just Convictions)

Card ID: P01-005PR

Illustrator: Azusa

Translation work for the two new cards from the famitsu scans is done. I'm still working on compiling an update post of sorts for all of the new website information.

The Gordin card is literally a carbon copy of the earlier Virion archer card...he's just there to be a Shadow Dragon counterpart I guess.

Lena is also very much the same as Lissa and Maribelle from the Awakening deck, but Lena does get an extra skill to help give her some different flavor. What's neat is that her second skill confirms the existence of a Julian card, which is something I hadn't seen anywhere before now. Hopefully we'll get some details on that card in the future!

Altean Archer, Gordin

Gordin%20Archer%20B01-014N.png

Rarity: Common / Series 1 Booster Card #014

Affinities: Shadow Dragon / Male / Bow

Quote: “If this is the last…then I cannot miss!”

Skill 1: “Steel Bow” / α / [Once per turn] / [Flip 1 Bond] Until the end of this turn, this unit’s attack is increased by 10.

Skill 2: “Clearing the Skies” / ∞ / When this unit attacks a Flying affinity unit, this unit’s attack is increased by 30.

Support Skill: “Fighter’s Emblem” / ♥ / Until the end of the attack phase, your attacking unit’s attack is increased by 20.

Range: 2

Unpromoted

Class: Archer

Title: Altean Archer

Card ID: B01-014N

Illustrator: Kokon Konfuzi

Ascetic Saint, Lena

Lena%20Cleric%20B01-026N.png

Rarity: Common / Series 1 Booster Card #026

Affinities: Shadow Dragon / Female / Staff

Quote: “Julian, you go on ahead…Save yourself!”

Skill 1: “Heal” / α / [Tap this Card, Flip 2 Bonds] Choose a card from your discard pile except "Lena" and add it to your hand.

Skill 2: “Stolen Heart” / ∞ / Any allied “Julian” unit’s attack is increased by 10.

Support Skill: "Healer's Emblem" / / Until the end of the attack phase the attacking unit can't perform Critical Hits.

Attack Power: 20

Range: --

Unpromoted

Class: Cleric

Title: Ascetic Saint

Card ID: B01-026N

Illustrator: Fumi

Edited by aubergine

Some stuff I gleaned quickly from that new page:

• A Lord has to be 1-cost

• A deck is exactly 50 cards (probably including the Lord, but not definite)

• A deck can have up to 4 cards with the same card name (e.g. you can have 4 Lodestar Marth and 4 Great Lord Marth, not 4 total of every card featuring Marth).

You can download the playsheet from the fe cipher website: PDF ZIP

There's a ton more information on that page but unfortunately I don't have the time to translate it. I see now, aubergine, that you said you would do it, so I'll leave it to you.

Some stuff I gleaned quickly from that new page:

• A Lord has to be 1-cost

• A deck is exactly 50 cards (probably including the Lord, but not definite)

• A deck can have up to 4 cards with the same card name (e.g. you can have 4 Lodestar Marth and 4 Great Lord Marth, not 4 total of every card featuring Marth).

You can download the playsheet from the fe cipher website: PDF ZIP

There's a ton more information on that page but unfortunately I don't have the time to translate it. I see now, aubergine, that you said you would do it, so I'll leave it to you.

Finally we know about the card limit! Had a feeling it'd be 4-of, so that's good.

Just a minor update.

The wiki backup should be good to go soon, but Jyosua is currently settling in with a new job (which will require him to relocate), so there's been a slight delay.

Some better news: I'll be creating a subforum for the TCG soon, since this topic is getting big and I figure it might be useful : )

Some better news: I'll be creating a subforum for the TCG soon, since this topic is getting big and I figure it might be useful : )

That's awesome, thanks!

I can't believe the amount of buzz this game is generating, I'm pretty excited!

Just a minor update.

The wiki backup should be good to go soon, but Jyosua is currently settling in with a new job (which will require him to relocate), so there's been a slight delay.

A subforum would be super rad, I was hoping that would happen!

And definitely no worries, yall take your time with the wiki. I can imagine things are pretty busy what with those real life updates coupled with all the constant FE If updates, hahah. Thanks for all the hard work yall do on that, by the by. I hope Jyosua all the best with the new job!

Hi, new here and I've preordered two starters, and two boxes of the game already. Also I think it would be a good idea to get a Skype community going on this or something similar. This is what me and other players did in weiss schwarz when it was still just japanese to help provide players with means to play eachother. We even went so far and had skype tournaments for the game. Let me know what you guys think on this.

Hi, new here and I've preordered two starters, and two boxes of the game already. Also I think it would be a good idea to get a Skype community going on this or something similar. This is what me and other players did in weiss schwarz when it was still just japanese to help provide players with means to play eachother. We even went so far and had skype tournaments for the game. Let me know what you guys think on this.

If this gets popular (the matches over Skype, that is), it would be enough for me to order a starter + a box.

I'm down! Think it'll be one of the better ways to play against each other, to be honest.

I'm working with a programmer buddy of mine to get a simulator up and running. Of course, it'll probably take a month after the first set drops before it's ready, at best lol. Just want to point that out, since that Skype group can help with that (right? *eyes sparkle*).

Of course, if Nintendo gives a cease and desist order, then it will get shut down, but I hope that goes without saying.