Famitsu 14th May: Phoenix Mode and No More Weapon Uses

IGdood

If this Phoenix mode thing is legit, Irysa and feplus will have a field day.

It keeps them from losing. It makes it so that, even if they run themselves into a corner, they don't have to restart the level. They can keep going. That's a lot more fun to some people.

Then where do you draw the line? Now I'm starting to see where Irysa was coming from. Might as well have an infinite HP mode. That's a lot more fun to some people. Might as well have a mode that beats the chapter when you press the start button. That's a lot more fun to some people.

but Phoenix Mode seems to be operating under the assumption that the player regularly gets outamarted by a cactus.

Lmao I'm sigging this.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had a Famitsu link for this, but still. Considering how generally reliable Famitsu is with this stuff, I'm taking this at face value.

One other thing I noticed is that most of the JP VAs cast so far are all major names in anime voicework (hell, Marx's VA did the voice of fucking Kamina), which wasn't true for most of Awakening's cast (only the mains/Lissa/Fred/Tiki/Emm/Validar and fsr Lon'qu/Henry had anyone recognizable) and, while it's still early, the cast has me optimistic for a similarly big name cast not only in JP for everyone else, but also in that they'll go back to L.A. for the English dub of If to get big names.

Thing is, all those articles cited back to Hachima Kikou, who claims that it's information from Famitsu. But since Vincent has some scans already, let's see.

Okay I apologize, but there's no point in a detailed answer right now, this just isn't the time. Maybe when things calm down.

Okay, I have to go soon too. If you want to write something up and message me, I'll be happy to read it (if I remember to go back on here once and a while).

You know, whenever I need to replenish my weapons supply in other FE games I don't think "wow this is so fun and strategic having to constantly buy weapons and avoid using the super good ones", I think "goddammit I have to go out of my way to go to a shop/armory and buy stuff in bulk just to make sure I can fight".

This new system is far more convenient which I sort of appreciate.

I only had that feeling in Awakening due to having infinite resources and everything being technically available at all time, just spread all over the place instead of conveniently collected on one place like in RD.

Of course, it's just an annoying obligation that way if I don't have to worry about the consequences of a possible bad investment. But resourcemanagment can definitely be fun when done right.

Edited by BrightBow

Looking forward to those scans.

Kinda tiny for now, but the magazine isn't officially out yet.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fami1205-1.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fami1205-2.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fami1205-3.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fami1205-4.jpg

Super quick analysis. Elise is a Rod Knight, Leon is a Dark Knight, Marx is a Paladin and Camilla is a ?!?!? Knight. Will need to Google that katakana.

Thing is, all those articles cited back to Hachima Kikou, who claims that it's information from Famitsu. But since Vincent has some scans already, let's see.

This is obviously an elaborate plan and those scans link back to Vincent.

Remember the "FE12" scans for the new FE for the 3DS he had a while back?

This is something I see constantly and it bugs the shit out of me when I see it. If you have good weapons, fucking use them to make things easier. I'm not advocating using them in an overly reckless and wasteful manner but if using a an awesome rare weapon is going to make your life easier, use it. It's useless if you don't.

Also what's wrong with buying weapons in bulk? That's like bitching about needing to upgrade your gear to get stronger in an RPG or complaining about needing to buy pokeballs to catch pokemon.

the thing is if you have no weapons in FE you can't progress at all, whereas in RPGs you can use gear you find in chests etc and in Pokemon you can beat the game with only your starter

Kinda tiny for now, but the magazine isn't officially out yet.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fami1205-1.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fami1205-2.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fami1205-3.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fami1205-4.jpg

Super quick analysis. Elise is a Rod Knight, Leon is a Dark Knight, Marx is a Paladin and Camilla is a ?!?!? Knight. Will need to Google that katakana.

Rebunant...?

Also also, we have a name for twintails imouto. I feel like that kinda fell through the cracks?

Elise. That was earlier in the thread, I think? Or was it in the Known information thread.

Anyways, it's legit.

Camilla is a ?!?!? Knight.

Revenant Knight.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Also also, we have a name for twintails imouto. I feel like that kinda fell through the cracks?

Nah, several people mentioned it, just got swallowed up in the volume of posts.

the thing is if you have no weapons in FE you can't progress at all, whereas in RPGs you can use gear you find in chests etc and in Pokemon you can beat the game with only your starter

Considering that difficulty these days means above all else: "Raise stats like crazy", getting stuck is more likely then ever before.

Edited by BrightBow

Ok, let's chill the hate train.

Just like casual mode, phoenix mode is still OPTIONAL. If you don't like it, DON'T USE IT.

Just like if you want a challenge, choose the Nohr campaign. There's nothing wrong with giving my 8-year old cousin a game he can handle, so we can both bond over it. I'm fine with it, as long as the main game is still good.

You also get gear through drops, treasure, stealing, capturing, starting inventories, or simply given out in the plot.

Like I understand people don't like to budget resources. I strongly disagree with them but I get it. This is the first time I've someone complain about needing to shop to get shit though.

Plus a lot of RPGS (especially the old school ones) operate under the assumption that the player buys and regularly updates his feat. It's not unique to FE.

Edited by Dark Sage

I was thinking Revenant, but just wanted to double check. Funny how the localised games use Revenant to describe Zombies : P

Also, there are more pages, but obviously people haven't gotten a chance to sneak them out yet. There are pages for the 4 Hoshidan royals and an interview too.

EDIT

Looks like it. I can see them grouped together on the top screen.

Edited by VincentASM

So wyverns are undead now? Is that a fair assumption?

What does the word "Revenant" mean in general? I don't really know.

All I know is that there's another "name clash" with the localised games : P

What does the word "Revenant" mean in general? I don't really know.

All I know is that there's another "name clash" with the localised games : P

Well precisely, undead as far as I know.