Dengeki Nintendo (21st, May) scans

Cysx

That's rather disappointing, was hoping for some Elibe/Magvel cards.

Those are just the sets that have been announced. If sales remain positive I'm sure we'll see more games become available.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the playable characters from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, if, and Path of Radiance are getting cards.

I wonder if they'll have some reclassed cards? Not just from Awakening, maybe Mage Lena and Myrmie Caeda?

Also should Cipher get it's own Subforum or is it too little of thing at the moment

They have shown some variant cards like Pegasus Knight Miverva (who will be a DLC character in FEif) and Hero Wrys. How many will they make? That's the big question right now.

Also has it been shown what happens when they promote? Is it just a stat buff? I'm also wondering if their's going to be any spell-type cards (I'd presume they'd be called Skill Cards)

Anyways this better come to the west because Card Games are my personal cocaine

Also has it been shown what happens when they promote? Is it just a stat buff? I'm also wondering if their's going to be any spell-type cards (I'd presume they'd be called Skill Cards)

It keeps saying how to class change, but does not describe what it does yet... maybe next week they will shed some light on this. They have not introduced any other type of card either. It seems skills/spells are all built onto the character cards. But we'll see as more info comes available! I'm a TCG fan myself, so really looking forward to more!

It keeps saying how to class change, but does not describe what it does yet... maybe next week they will shed some light on this. They have not introduced any other type of card either. It seems skills/spells are all built onto the character cards. But we'll see as more info comes available! I'm a TCG fan myself, so really looking forward to more!

Isn't it just better/different stats/skills? http://fecipher.jp/img/cipher_img07.jpg

^^Thank you for the translations, and yeah i look forward to more information and the card game itself, hopefully someone can scan the cards in japan, i enjoy looking at Pokemon and other types of cards and this one looks interesting already.

Edited by goodperson707

I'd imagine promotion is probably equivalent to evolution in the Pokemon TCG where you replace the card with a separate card that has more power and abilities.

^ Just new skills and attack power? I see some kickass class changed art there as well. :)

I was just talking about the stuff people couldn't read! xD Yes, the picture change is indeed a factor too, and quite awesome!

I'd imagine promotion is probably equivalent to evolution in the Pokemon TCG where you replace the card with a separate card that has more power and abilities.

Indeed, you stack it and follow the new abilities/powers they gain.

I was just talking about the stuff people couldn't read! xD Yes, the picture change is indeed a factor too, and quite awesome!

yeah i can enjoy the awesome art, without knowing Japanese thats true, but i also like reading about the skills and attack powers as well.

Thank you for the kind words everyone. I appreciate it. Here is the second page! See in spoiler tags below, or on blog here.

(Put Page 1 here too for convenience)

tcg1j2.jpg

tcg2j.jpg

It sounds fun! I hope to import starter decks and find someone to play with. I hope to get high res cards by scanning and translating them eventually, too, so more people who don't speak Japanese can play too! : )

Thanks a bunch Kirokan for translating these scans, this is a big help! It helps confirm a lot of details that we have been discussing in the Rules/Translation discussion thread. I had no idea there was a whole other thread on Cipher stuff, hahah.

Regarding your translation, I found "Safe Area" to be an interesting translation for the term that the Japanese info is using for what we would call a "Discard Pile". I agree that there is supposed to be a connotation of "safeness" because the term references what happens in the game when a unit is defeated in combat but is not "perma-deathed". It's definitely a difficult term to rework for a wide English audience since it also holds the connotation of "retreat" as well. I know with the Maribelle card that we've seen you can "revive" units from that area and put them back into your deck too. Anyway, just my rambling thoughts on that, I definitely think Safe Area is a pretty neat and concise way to translate that!

Thanks a bunch Kirokan for translating these scans, this is a big help! It helps confirm a lot of details that we have been discussing in the Rules/Translation discussion thread. I had no idea there was a whole other thread on Cipher stuff, hahah.

Regarding your translation, I found "Safe Area" to be an interesting translation for the term that the Japanese info is using for what we would call a "Discard Pile". I agree that there is supposed to be a connotation of "safeness" because the term references what happens in the game when a unit is defeated in combat but is not "perma-deathed". It's definitely a difficult term to rework for a wide English audience since it also holds the connotation of "retreat" as well. I know with the Maribelle card that we've seen you can "revive" units from that area and put them back into your deck too. Anyway, just my rambling thoughts on that, I definitely think Safe Area is a pretty neat and concise way to translate that!

Ah, you're welcome! I just saw your wonderful post in the TCG thread (that I had no idea existed...) and love the work you've done in that companion guide. Funny that I see this reply from you now!

Thank you for that insight! I chose to name it "Safe Area" with "Retreat Area" and "Relief Area" in close second with that idea in mind that it is not a "perma-death" pile per se. "Safe" fit better on the board to show the concept of that while still being a "discard pile" of sorts.