Final Fantasy VII: REMAKE, Upcoming Famitsu/First Scenerio complete

Jedi

As a huge fan of not only the Final Fantasy franchise, but of 7 (4 was my first FF, 7 was my 2nd and I've played the rest of the mainline other then 12. Need to get to that).

I'm hyped, This may be what finally pushes me to get a PS4 when it comes around, I remember watching two Uncles play through FF7 various times, and I eventually took it up myself. The game was really fun and I loved its characters (especially a certain Flower girl who is still one of my all time favorite characters in gaming).

I figured we could have a general discussion thread, of not only the remake, but also our past experiences with this title. Share any stories you want of playing the original or the PC/steam port among other things. I'll jump in too, but I wanted to make the topic first :P

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't this revealed last year or something and it was just a re-release of the PC Version? And everyone was incredibly disappointed?

Or was that a troll they're actually giving it a REMAKE with upgraded graphics and all that good jizz?

Oh god it's finally happening! From tech demo to teaser to silence to Squeenix severely disappointing us, all leading up to this. I wasn't a big fan of Final Fantasy 7 in the beginning, as I preferred Final Fantasy 8 and 9 way more to 7. However, the HD remake will probably be better than its predecessor, so I may give this another chance. Either way, I'm definitely picking this up.

Wasn't this revealed last year or something and it was just a re-release of the PC Version? And everyone was incredibly disappointed?

Or was that a troll they're actually giving it a REMAKE with upgraded graphics and all that good jizz?

No, they actually did release the PC port to PS4. This is an actual HD version that they're legit giving us. And about damn time, too.

Wondering if this is a straight remake or if they're gonna change things. Heard a rumor awhile back that Enix was considering bringing back FF7 but using the FF13 battle system.

Oh man, that could make quite a few people potentially salty. (I myself wouldn't mind).

I think it really needs some updates to make the random encounters less annoying or find a new way to encounter enemies, since that's my biggest problem I have with continuing the game from where I am. FFVII has some really bad pacing, and it prevents me from getting really into it, even though I want to. Speeding up/streamlining the battle system would also help.

Is that a remake, just graphic and OST, or remake, graphics, musics and they change things ? Either way: Big. Fat. Meh.

I don't want or need a FFXIII/Advent Children look alike.

Is that a remake, just graphic and OST, or remake, graphics, musics and they change things ? Either way: Big. Fat. Meh.

I don't want or need a FFXIII/Advent Children look alike.

lol

It says remake. It will involve graphics and music, but the possibility for changing gameplay mechanics and such is one that they might undertake. Far too early.

If you don't care anyway then it was pointless asking.

I'd ask you what's wrong with FF13 or Advent Children, but I'm not sure I even want to bother.

Edited by Tryhard

If they show Cloud in drag. . .I'll throw all my money at Square.

If not, I hope they at least clean up the text!

You would want that :P

I just wanna see HD Aeris/Aerith xD

HD TIfa NOW.

Calm your tits :P

Also interesting news http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-have-more-work-done-to-its-story/ This may be more of an adaptation of the older FF7 story. I'm guessing we'll see elements of Crisis Core, and such play some roles as well as possible original content.

Honestly, I played the FF7 pc version and found it to be mediocre. I still dont understand why people are so hyped about this remake.

I think it's one of those "you had to be there" kind of things. Maybe it's mediocre now but back then it was apparently a pretty big deal.

I think it's one of those "you had to be there" kind of things. Maybe it's mediocre now but back then it was apparently a pretty big deal.

I'd still say its one of the more solid JRPG's i've played. It's overhyped sure, but I still love it.

Well, may be. I played it in 2013...I have played a lot of jrpg up to that point. It's not only about graphics but the gameplay, story and characters leave a lot to be desired. May be that is why I couldnt find any excitement playing it or any hype in the remake.

Edited by Magical CC

Wondering if this is a straight remake or if they're gonna change things. Heard a rumor awhile back that Enix was considering bringing back FF7 but using the FF13 battle system.

That would be wicked. The 13-3 version that is...

Legit question: If this will feature elements from Crisis core, will people like Genesis and Angel be in the story? Genesis's entire story hasn't been finished yet.

Angeal* Who is kinda dead

And Genesis's story gets finished in Dirge of Cerberus.

Edited by Jedi

A few years ago, I would have lost my shit. Now? All I can say is "cool." Mostly looking forward to cloud in drag, chasing omega weapon around, and the underwater world.