Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

In-game, max mods don't really matter since you should not be completely focused on min-maxing, so while she would not be as good as other child units, she would still be usable. But it is most certainly not a good unit for post game PvP.

I can live with that for my first run. I'll try Oboro!Mitama or Kagerou!Mitama on a serious run. Thanks.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pairings like Hinata/Kagerou are recommended because of everything they offer outside of mods. Hisame will be extremely strong and quick thanks to her growths, but once he caps he'll be just as slow and skilled as Hinata. Not great in PVP or capping.

In my opinion, as a generalization, unless the mods are extremely apparent (Rinka has -2 skill despite having one of the highest skill growths of the females), mods shouldn't be considered as much this time around. Growths, classes and pair up bonuses matter much more.

Pairings like Hinata/Kagerou are recommended because of everything they offer outside of mods. Hisame will be extremely strong and quick thanks to her growths, but once he caps he'll be just as slow and skilled as Hinata. Not great in PVP or capping.

In my opinion, as a generalization, unless the mods are extremely apparent (Rinka has -2 skill despite having one of the highest skill growths of the females), mods shouldn't be considered as much this time around. Growths, classes and pair up bonuses matter much more.

This so much. Mods don't matter like at all for main game.

As Shephen said, Mods for pvp, in general aftergame
Growths for main game, you want to grow stronger fast, you won't probably max anything anyway.
However in pvp you can win without Velour with 7 str or any other child with huge modifier, this will be hard, but to do.
Well worst you can fight is full team copycat, rescue and warp, one of the teams i don't find any way to win, i may be missing something tho :S

Edited by Eriotto

From an in-game practicality perspective, I know that Shephen has argued for Oboro/Tsubaki, and the reasoning seems sound. If I recall correctly, this was accompanied by Hinoka/Silas.

But for a long-term perspective [i.e., grinding to max out stats/skills without regards to main-game ease of use or creation of the pairing], would it be better to go with Hinoka/Tsubaki and Oboro/Silas?

This is particularly an issue relating to Lancefaire/Breaking Sky from the Lance Fighter tree.

For in-game practicality, I've seen Hinoka/Silas and and Tsubaki/Oboro recommended because of complementary pair-up bonuses, that and lots of re-classing might not take place and -faire skills only show up extremely late in the game anyways. In this setup, Oboro gives Tsubaki/Matoi Lance Fighter (and thus Lancefaire/Breaking Sky), while Hinoka passes down her Pegasus.

But if you do Hinoka/Tsubaki and Silas/Oboro for long term, you can force Hinoka to give Matoi & Tsubaki her lance fighter, and Oboro can still give her lance fighter to Silas/Sophie.

Or would Hinoka/Silas and Oboro/Tsubaki still be better for the postgame? Oboro!Matoi arguably has better mods [more min-maxed, with stronger positive mods at the cost of a few minor negative mods in LCK/RES], but HinokaxTsubaki & Oboro&Silas lets you distribute Breaking Sky/Lancefaire to an extra two units [although at the cost of Pegasus].

I guess its a question of what will be more impactive…

Well if are only focusing on the Min/Max potential of those two kids with those parents then it is more personal preference on Oboro's part. The more important thing that Oboro can pass down to her kids is Extravagance( if user spends a Golden Coin, damage +10 and damage received -10) which you can stack with Line of Death so you end up with a free +20 damage.

Now Matoi already has the Samurai line from her dad so she is pretty self contained with Oboro as a mom and could run a set of Extravagance/LoD/Flamboyant/Breaking Sky/Lancefaire. Though a slightly more optimal Matoi would marry Kisagri so she could swap Lancefaire for Bowfaire for her to be better overall as a Golden Kite Warrior(It is better than Falco offensively in PvP). Hinoka leaves Matoi in an awkward position really. With no Extravagance her offense would be behind the other potential people you could deploy for PvP(Only get 5 slots, but Azura takes 1) Though I guess a spread of Flamboyant/Breaking Sky/Bowfaire(Hinoka buddies Setsuna)/Swallow Strike/LoD as a Golden Kite Warrior could work, but you can get better options for offense. She has Falcon Knight so she would always have a support/staff role available though Baki would need to A+ Niles and pass down Move+1 and Matoi would need to marry Dia so she could pick up the Aura skills. She would also need to buddy Sophie for Rescue and would run a spread of Mov+1/Rescue/Battle Command/Demoiselle/Sun God. To her credit, not a lot of people can run that spread, though Hinoka didn't give anything for that Spread.

An Oboro!Sophie internally has the problem of lacking LoD, but could run a spread like Extravagance/Diamond Strike/Flamboyant/Lancefair/Breaking Sky. Externally with marriage/buddy seals she would need to marry Hisame for LoD to switch out Diamond Strike or Flamboyant. Internally a Hinoka!Sophie lacks both LoD and Extravagance, so her offense is pretty lacking to what others can get. Externally She would probably need to go the Zerker route and buddy Velour and run Luna(or BS from Shino)/Flamboyant(From Hinoka)/Roundhouse/Axefaire/Open Assault. Could make for a really dope Rally bot though with Rally Def(Hinoka buddies Camilla)/Rally Spd/Rally Skill/Rally Str(Buddy Velour)/Rally Res(Silas buddies Jakob) or Copy Cat if Silas buddies Kaze.

I've rambled to long...

TL;DR Oboro is better for both offensively, Hinoka is better supportively. Choose how you want to run the kids by focusing on the skills. Skills > Mods

I took these Revelations pairings from a youtuber named Kouli30;

1. Harold/Arthur and Kagerou

2. Marx/Xander and Mozume

3. Odin and Elise

4. Cyrus/Silas and Camilla

5. Leon and Sakura

6. Ryouma and Setsuna

7. Takumi and Oboro

8. Flannel and Charlotte

9. Benoit and Rinkah

10. Zero and Felicia

11. Nishiki and Hana

12. Lazward and Luna

13. Asama and Effie

14. Hinata and Pieri

15. Jakob and Azura

16. Tsubaki and Hinoka

17. Saizou and Belka

18. Tsukuyomi and Nyx

19. Kaze and Orochi

20. Corrin(+Str, -Def/Secondary class: Ninja) and Charlotte!Velour

Are these good for min-maxing? Or should I switch someone?

I took these Revelations pairings from a youtuber named Kouli30;
1. Harold/Arthur and Kagerou - Works, Harold gets quick support, kagerou gets the fighter line to abuse her high STR, Lutz gets deadly breath/snake venom naturally. 0 speed tho and doesn't help much in anything that isnt res.
2. Marx/Xander and Mozume - If Charlotte is taken, it's a safer option. Extravagance, Line of Death, and Aptitude really help, and her mods patches his only weakspots outside of Res. If you actually used Mozume as a villager, she can keep her lance rank with the cavalier path.
3. Odin and Elise - Since Elise can't marry her brother and her other best minimax couples are taken (Kaze and Zero), she's pretty much stuck to marry Odin. Very mage like daughter with rally skills and myrmidon skills by default.
4. Cyrus/Silas and Camilla - Safe and strong, but I think it's wasting Camilla's potential as one of Nohr's better moms. Cyrus can be paired with almost anyone and still have a decent daughter.
5. Leon and Sakura - Good enough to keep. Lack of procs hurt a little and doesn't have any jaw dropping mods outside of magic and resistance.
6. Ryouma and Setsuna - Very good mod wise, and this can give Setsuna astra and line of death to be even deadlier from afar. The only problem is sharing GKW from the pegasus and bowman class. Lots of damage aid as well, and Ryoma can buddy Cyrus instead of Takumi.
7. Takumi and Oboro - The real downside to this is that Takumi already has lance fighter for a class. Also 0 speed mod can hurt some more extreme PvPs online. However, still rather solid everywhere else. Kisaragi can get extravagance for long distance fun mixed in with Victory for lots of damage using a Yumi.
8. Flannel and Charlotte - Class overlap makes this pair a bit less desirable, especially with Elfie able to give just as much STR and almost identical mods. Otherwise, Velour becomes an absolute powerhouse and her only issue being beast weapons and magic, which both Effie and Char both can provide.
9. Benoit and Rinkah - Pair of spares. Sure you'll get a tanky Ignis with Shura skills and only a -1 speed mod, but there isnt much else to say about it. Benoit should be defending his wife, or Rinkah should be providing her husband heavy power and defense.
10. Zero and Felicia - Solid enough. Eponine gets a solid magic mod to compensate for her dad's low STR when capped. When minimaxing, always pair Zero with magic. Otherwise, dont bother. Very high utility and very quick Strategist when needed.
11. Nishiki and Hana - Very quick and very strong, while Nishiki gets the good skills of the myrmidon, Hana gets breaking sky from spellcaster. Their daughter will be a massive glass cannon, so keep that in mind.
12. Lazward and Luna - Meh. The best part is no negative mods, but nothing exceptional either. Lazwald would like swallow strike and that's about it. Luna doesn't get anything she would really like outside of maybe copycat. Not bad, in general though.
13. Asama and Effie - Great mod wise, Asama can keep his lance rank once he's promoted with her classes, Effie can get renewal. Pass down battle command to Hitama.
14. Hinata and Pieri - Pair for spares. Nothing jaw dropping outside of RES and STR, but it's good enough to get a use out of it. He can support her as a Shura, and Hisame can just marry someone for better skills/classes if need be.
15. Jakob and Azura - Safe and mods work great together. Azura gets rally skills, and their kids are almost identical in everyway outside of starting class, ranks and growths.
16. Tsubaki and Hinoka - Good enough, you can read the previous posts above about that.
17. Saizou and Belka - Bad. There are very few pairings where Belka doesn't butcher children. This just makes Grey a slower, more skilled Saizou with access to Deadly Breath/Snake Venom combo. However, Saizou can provide a good support for her as an Elite Ninja.
18. Tsukuyomi and Nyx - Magic powerhouse and very fragile. Shara should stay a witch if possible. A lot like Elise!Ophelia except faster.
19. Kaze and Orochi - Eh, this one is iffy. Breaking sky is great for Kaze, and Orochi would LOVE a speed pair up. However, it's often a good idea to maximize Midoriko's speed potential if possible. Still solid, but breaking sky sucks on magic so keep that in mind.
20. Corrin(+Str, -Def/Secondary class: Ninja) and Charlotte!Velour - 11 STR Kanna is lovely, but this is a pure glass cannon one at that. Skills are irrelevant, generally as Corrin can give her anything. Just imagine a 38 STR ninja. It's scary.
Are these good for min-maxing? Or should I switch someone? Switch a few for sure.
Edited by Duke of Dozel

Can you help to optimalize few of my pairings? Or at least tell me if i'm thinking right with some of them soo.. let's begin.

1. Kaze/Kagerou - Kaze as ninja, Kagerou as shura i think, more str for Kaze and speed for Kagerou is worth this combination?

2. Hana/Asama - Hana as trueblade, Asama as dread fighter, are they fine together? How i look at them, they look fine with bonuses however i wonder if hana needs more def than str and res from dread.

3. Orochi/Odin - if i would technically like to use Odin, bonuses from Exorcist Orochi are enough to keep him fighting?

4. Sakura/Marx - in thier case, it's worth to reclass Marx to trueblade (i always wanted to see him in this class) and give Sakura more speed or maybe it's not worth it and reclass Marx for dark knight for Sakura sake?

5. Leo/Hinoka - Are they fine together as Leo sorc and Hinoka pegazi, or rather if this 3 bonus speed for Leo is good enough to keep them together.

6. Elise/Ryoma - honestly, i want to do this pairing for Shinonome, however i have no idea what to do with those 2? Keep Elise as strategist and give Ryoma paladin (bonus def for Elise sake while still having sword rank) or there is other way?

I'm looking forward your opinions, I honestly appreciate your help, especially with 6th pairing.

Thanks in advance.

I need a little aid with my planning on what class/skill to give Zero when I marry him.

See I don't plan on using My Castle to get skills for my characters except for the skills that my characters have gained on a past playthrough since having access to them all seems kinda dirty imo, anywho I plan on marrying Zero(as FeMui) in my Nohr run and also in my 1st Revelation's run but I really don't know how what to do with him, to either go magical or physical I have no idea. Anyone have any tips as to which Hoshidan classes to pass him from those he doesn't nornally have access to?

Also in another note would Pieri be a good wife for Xander? About the Berserker pair up she can normally get it from Charlotte, I've heard Charlotte is his best wife due to Lotte's uber strength and great pair-up stats but I kinda want to use her elsewere.

Edited by FireRuby14

I need a little aid with my planning on what class/skill to give Zero when I marry him.

See I don't plan on using My Castle to get skills for my characters except for the skills that my characters have gained on a past playthrough since having access to them all seems kinda dirty imo, anywho I plan on marrying Zero(as FeMui) in my Nohr run and also in my 1st Revelation's run but I really don't know how what to do with him, to either go magical or physical I have no idea. Anyone have any tips as to which Hoshidan classes to pass him from those he doesn't nornally have access to?

Also in another note would Pieri be a good wife for Xander? About the Berserker pair up she can normally get it from Charlotte, I've heard Charlotte is his best wife due to Lotte's uber strength and great pair-up stats but I kinda want to use her elsewere.

Zero, when minmaxing/meta-gaming should always go Mag. If not, then you can go mixed, but always keep a Shining Bow handy. Bowman would be his prefered class for the faire, the Raven Strike skill, and just general helpful skills that can make him a decent healer/supporter.

Pieri is meh. She, IMO, is a lackluster wife for most fathers. If you want another wife for Xander that is not Charlotte, Effie can work, giving near identical mods. Pieri is better for the likes of Lutz or Soleil. If you have the chance thought, Pieri should be single.

Pieri is alright for Xander, but you could do better for him with Charlotte and Selena. Her inheriting Wyvern Lord from him though would make for a pretty great Pieri though. Pieri is best with Lazward however.

See the only reason I had chosen Pieri was due to wanting Beruka to marry Kaze to have Deadly Breath/Snake Venom combo and that only let me with Nyx free though now I have moved the characters around leaving Pieri as the extra mother snce I guess Midoriko could just marry Lutz and be the one with said skills.

Zero x FeMui

Leo x Felicia

Odin x Elise

Kaze x Nyx (Maybe to be changed with Elise)

Benoit x Camilla

Arthur x Effie

Lazwald x Selena or Charlotte

Xander x Charlotte or Selena

Flannel x Beruka, Mozu or Azura(Is Mozu even a good mother for Velour?)

Silas x Mozu or Beruka

Joker x Azura or Beruka

Single: Pieri

Those last 5 now I am unsure of.

See the only reason I had chosen Pieri was due to wanting Beruka to marry Kaze to have Deadly Breath/Snake Venom combo and that only let me with Nyx free though now I have moved the characters around leaving Pieri as the extra mother snce I guess Midoriko could just marry Lutz and be the one with said skills.

Zero x FeMui

Leo x FeliciaI would suggest switching Felicia with Nyx. The pairing is still great, but Foleo is even better with Nyx as his mom. But it depends on who you will use more, Midoriko or Foleo

Odin x ElisePerfectly fine

Kaze x Nyx (Maybe to be changed with Elise)See Leo

Benoit x CamillaBut Beruka here. While Ignis will not be the best of the best, he will have great defenses and will make a great pair-up partner.

Arthur x EffiePerfectly fine

Lazwald x Selena or CharlotteI would go Selena. Again, not the best but Charlotte is much better for Xander.

Xander x Charlotte or SelenaBoth can work, but see above

Flannel x Beruka, Mozu or Azura(Is Mozu even a good mother for Velour?)See Benoit. Camilla will be much better for Flannel as it provides the same thing, without the overlap in Fighter, so both all parties will get a new Marriage Seal class

Silas x Mozu or BerukaMozu would be the preferred option

Joker x Azura or BerukaSee above but Azura

Single: Pieri

Those last 5 now I am unsure of.

I did not comment on you MU pairing since I don't like telling people who they should pair up with their Avatar. If you ever do switch your mind on marrying Zero, Pieri makes a good mother for Eponine IMO.

Hey, I was wondering if you guys would like to look over my pairings as well. They're just made with optimization of as many people in mind for post-game Revelations, PVP, and the theoretical Apotheosis 2.0. Oh, and there's one other thing that matters a great deal to me... all children must have great hair colors! This supersedes all other priorities.

Pairings I refuse to swap out:

Ophelia + [Dark Purple Hair +Spd - Lck] Avatar = Kanna (Best waifu!)

Nyx + Tsukoyomi = Shara (Awakening hair color Shara)

Luna + Tsubaki = Matoi (Awakening hair color Matoi, plus meaningful child/parent support)

Sakura + Saizou = Gurei (Closest I could get to an Awakening hair color Gurei)

Everybody else:

Charlotte + Xander = Seigbert (Everybody goes with this pairing, and it makes Seigbert look decent enough)
Belka + Benoit = Ignis (Light blue hair kinda detracts from Ignis' scariness, and I like it better than his default color. Also, pairs up two negative speed mods)
Nishiki + Hana = Kinu (Dodgy Kinu with a okay hair color. Could be better, but Luna is already taken)
Elfie + Flannel = Velour (Elfie's hair color matches Velours! And she gets a crazy strength stat. Worth)
Setsuna + Zero = Eponine (She looks good with dark blue hair. Also, this pairings' caps support magical Eponine. So there's that.)
Elise + Kaze = Midoriko (I can ignore the green eyebrows if she has such cute blond hair. Literally Elise 2.0. Paired for the great Luck mod)
Orochi + Odin = Ophelia (The critmaster Ophelia everybody raves about. Also, I've really grown to like the dark purple hair.)
Kagerou + Ryoma = Shinonome (Gives Shinonome his canon hair color. Also has decent mods)
Rinka + Asama = Mitama (I'm not fond of Rinka or Mitama thaaaaat much. This was my leftovers paired. Decent enough)
Pieri + Harold = Lutz (This is the one I'm most concerned about. Lutz's hair matches his eyes, but it's still kinda bad. White Hair Lutz is best Lutz, cuz Murica)
Azura + Joker = Deere (Am very fond of this one! Deere is trying to be a brooding teenager but his pretty hair gets in the way)
Azura + Joker = Shigure (Not like I have a choice, but I would go with light blue anyway)
Oboro + Takumi = Kisaragi (His hair matches his clothes! And it looks okay. Also, I totally ship the two parents)
Mozume + Hinata = Hisame (Mods could be better. Hair could be better. I think this was another case of leftovers)
Camilla + Lazward = Soleil (Very pretty hair for Soliel. Decent-ish mods?)
Hinoka + Silas = Sophie (I like this. Such bright red hair! Such dark black armor! She's like a Sith Lord! And her personality is about as far as you could get from one...)
Felicia + Leon = Foleo (Good mods, good hair, but it's a bit too close to his clothing colors for my taste
So that's it! I'm open to anything that doesn't make the children look hideous! Thanks for your help!

Given that leveling is basically unlimited again, any form of Apo optimization is going to favor mods > growths again.

Mods were overrated in Awakening Apothesis. Classes and Skills were more important and any slight statistical deficit from mods could be overcome with Pair up bonuses, LB, Tonics and Rallies.

Edited by Shephen

--

Thank you for your suggestion... I want to make magic based Avatar so I rearrange my pairings for Revelations and here it is:

- Harold x Kagerou
- Marx x Charlotte
- Odin x Orochi
- Cyrus x Mozume
- Leon x Sakura
- Ryouma x Rinkah
- Takumi x Oboro
- Flannel x Camilla
- Zero x Felicia
- Nishiki x Kazahana
- Asama x Effie
- Jakob x Azura
- Tsubaki x Luna
- Tsukuyomi x Nyx
- Suzukaze x Elise
- Hinata x Setsuna
- Lazward x Pieri
- Benoit x Belka
- Saizou x Hinoka
- Corrin(+Mag,-Def, Oni Savage) and Nyx!Syalla
is this good enough?

Can Kamui work as Revenant Knight class by holding the Yatogami - Final Bonus stats?

If so what skills should I give for Revenant Knight Kamui.?

Well by holding yato in eq you have his bonus stats, it's always 1 less space for weapons you actually can use, however still can be helpfull~

Well by holding yato in eq you have his bonus stats, it's always 1 less space for weapons you actually can use, however still can be helpfull~

Can Yatogami - Final bonus stat can stack with other Weapons such as Horse God bonus stats, and Reverse God spells stats if in a class of Revenant Knight?

Edited by Tide of Waves