(Possible spoilers) Marriage seals and shared base class

Meitantei

Hello, i haven't seen my question anywhere on the forum, i'm sorry if it has already been answered. (My question is in spoilers as it discusses characters which weren't present in any western news, as well as their classes.)

What happens when two units S-rank and they share a base class ? For example, if Felicia marries Lazward, does the marriage seal permit her to change to a ninja, since her secondary class is already a mercenary, or would she get the mercenary class, regardless of the fact that it's lready her secondary class ? If I marry Lazward to Luna, since they have the same base class, would they get access to each others secondary class, or would the marriage seal be useless ?

If I recall correctly, if the character can already become their partner's base class, or are unable to (unique classes), they they get the second class option of that character. So Felicia would get whatever Lazward reclasses into.

I guess what would be helpful would be if someone who actually has the game and has such a pairing and a spare marriage seal lying around (or who has already used such a marriage seal) could tell us from their firsthand knowledge.

I guess what would be helpful would be if someone who actually has the game and has such a pairing and a spare marriage seal lying around (or who has already used such a marriage seal) could tell us from their firsthand knowledge.

Okay, I just checked. I married Setsuna (secondary class ninja) to Saizo and if you use the marriage seal on her, it just lets her turn into a ninja. In other words, she doesn't get another class to use.

Okay, I just checked. I married Setsuna (secondary class ninja) to Saizo and if you use the marriage seal on her, it just lets her turn into a ninja. In other words, she doesn't get another class to use.

Seems pretty conclusive. Just in case, would you happen to have any pairings where both units have the same starting class, to clarify that it works the same way in this situation as well?

I've sent a private message asking SerenesForest user Arya about this, as I know that they had a Hinoka x Subaki pairing, which would fall under the type of situation that Bovinian points out we should test in #6.

I've sent a private message asking SerenesForest user Arya about this, as I know that they had a Hinoka x Subaki pairing, which would fall under the type of situation that Bovinian points out we should test in #6.

I have this pairing. Hinoka gets Samurai from Tsubaki and Tsubaki gets Lancer from Hinoka.

Also if Azura, Nishiki, and Flannel all give access to their secondary classes, but I think this has been confirmed already

The spouse gets their secondary class. For example, Rinka got Nishiki's Spellcaster line.

Edited by NekoKnight

I have this pairing. Hinoka gets Samurai from Tsubaki and Tsubaki gets Lancer from Hinoka.

What.

So what you're saying is (for example): if Orochi (Spellcaster/Herb Merchant) marries Tsukuyomi (Spellcaster/Oni), she will get Oni. But if Kagerou (Ninja/Spellcaster) marries Tsukuyomi, she will get nothing?

That's odd. I thought it'd be the case that either Orochi and Kagerou would both get Oni, or both would get nothing...

So, judging from NekoKnight and gayserbeam's reports, these are the rules:

1. If there is no class overlap between the characters, the simplest case scenario plays out: they both get each other's primary class trees.

2. If they share each other's primary class trees, then they get each other's secondary class trees.

3. If a spouse's secondary class tree is in common with their spouse's primary, they get nothing.

Just for the sake of being thorough, does the case NekoKnight described in pairing Setsuna and Saizou still apply if Setsuna reclasses into a Ninja using a Parallel Seal and then uses the Marriage Seal? I doubt it makes any difference, but it's something worth checking.

Just for the sake of being thorough, does the case NekoKnight described in pairing Setsuna and Saizou still apply if Setsuna reclasses into a Ninja using a Parallel Seal and then uses the Marriage Seal? I doubt it makes any difference, but it's something worth checking.

In the case of Sakura and Tsubaki, if she is already a Falcoknight and uses a Marriage seal, you can turn her into a Golden Kite Warrior. I don't have any unpromoted units to try it with.

Also if Azura, Nishiki, and Flannel all give access to their secondary classes, but I think this has been confirmed already

What was the case if anybody marries Kamui then? Shouldn't the spouse get Kamui's secondary class as well?

What was the case if anybody marries Kamui then? Shouldn't the spouse get Kamui's secondary class as well?

Marrying Kamui, Aqua or Nishiki gives you their secondary class.

For example, I married Aqua to Joker and he got Pegasus Warrior. Then I married their son Shigure and I gave him Dragon Knight, my secondary.

Thank you everyone ! Now i know I won't have a pink haired soleil (snif, wanted her to look a bit like her grandmother) but I can (and most probably will) ship Lazward/Luna and Odin/Nyx, which makes me really happy :)

Marrying Kamui, Aqua or Nishiki gives you their secondary class.

For example, I married Aqua to Joker and he got Pegasus Warrior. Then I married their son Shigure and I gave him Dragon Knight, my secondary.

What classes did Shigure inherit? Only Pegasus Warrior and Rod Knight? Or did he get something else for Songstress?

So, it turns out we already answered this question in the meantime, but Arya got back to me and confirmed what we thought to be the case.

Thanks, Arya!

Ayra said:

======================================================================
Hello,

I still have my old save with Hinoka x Subaki.

When using an S-rank seal on Hinoka, she has the option for Trueblade and Weaponmaster. Subaki has the Lancer upgrades.
======================================================================

My Kamui has 2nd class as Spellcaster , he married Orochi ----> Orochi has the Dark mage option.

This is an interesting development. Going off of this, it would seem the game uses a different logic relative to other duos for a character having Kamui as his/her partner if the character has the same base class set as Kamui's alternate class set.

I'd expect that the same rule extends to A+, then? I want to make Camilla a berserker through Belka A+.

Just to clarify, does this same rule extend to Buddy Seals?

Also, if a character marries Asama or Sakura, do they get the counterpart class tree?

As in, if Hinoka marries Asama, does she get the Priestess class tree instead of the Priest class tree?

Edited by Minischew