Moniker plays The Reckoning

TheMoniker

What Should we do with this LP!?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. It's starting to get kinda boring...

• Cancel it. NEVER TOUCH IT AGAIN. EVER.
    • Do everything else ever first, then dredge it up again when you don't have any pressing hacks to play.
    • Do one of the two hacks lined up first(GhebFE/Requiem), then come back in-between and finish this.
    • KEEP GOING! I WANT TO SEE IF JAFFAR SAVES YOU!
    • I CAN'T DECIDE, BUT I WANT TO EASILY SEE THE RESULTS
    • Moniker is awesome!

yTw1bnd.png

And tonight, we begin what may be my shortest, most canceled, lamest, or moderately amusing LP yet! It's going to be one or two of those adjectives at max, really. It is...

KevbJlY.png

THE RECKONING!

The Reckoning is a hack made by Marisa the Crimson Flash, and can/could be found here. EDIT: After certain requests, It would be best to have no further descriptions. Let's get started, this hack kind of speaks for itself.

The Reckoning: Episode 1: Chapter 11: The Horror Commences

naiOxEf.png
And ALREADY, we have our very first theft. This hack requires us to use a 100% save, which of course gives us all the options. This here is Lyn mode, except Lyn is Julia, stolen from A Sacred Dawn made by Mage Knight 404. Renaming her Sierra is HARDLY a good way to cover your tracks!
cra5hxK.png
And over here, we have, uh... is that... a female berserker? With Crowe's portrait? From Fire Emblem Dream of Five? Made by AstraLunaSol? Seriously? WHAT?
This is... Hector Mode... the one we're supposed to play, however...
U8GLbOW.png
He's Kelik, stolen from The Last Promise, made by Crimson Red(or Blazer, for those who live under a rock). He will, of course, be the guy we're playing as.
6pxh08S.png
WU8QQA9.png
Yeah, here I go, plunging into this insane world of nonsenicality!
uICwlEI.png
So, if you just skimmed the readme, all the dialogue is the same except for the find/replaces with the names. It doesn't even do Ostian Princess's "at least try to make things reflect the plot" stuff. It's AWFUL.
rvywxna.png
I won't be focusing on it.
Lzrclak.png
Blah, blah, yup, that's a myrmidon all right.
EgBUkjv.png
He was cool in TLP... will he be cool here?
x8t8HBO.png
3euDYQj.png
And here we have Marcus's replacement, I have no idea from I don't know, made by I honestly don't have a clue. If I've seen this guy before, I don't remember. Do any of you viewers know?
EDIT: Okay, turns out it's Cloud from FF7, and I lived under a rock.
1kLYq7W.png
Most of the NPCs are normal, far as I can tell. I haven't recorded that much yet, I can't be all "put-ominous-future-stuff-in-spoilers".
w2T12Wn.png
KLEIN! That's, uh, uh...
We'll see!
uL2oDqQ.png
Generic bandit boss; totally unchanged!
2cIrLKP.png
Wha-I don't know this guy either! Great... so far, my citations have a 60% success rate. Considering what I set out to do here, that's really bad... Help me out here, viewers!
EDIT: Turns out he is from Elibian Nights. I mean, obviously we were going to see someone from there eventually...
FhHOmnd.png
I know this one; Amelia from Dream of Five made by AstraLunaSol. Again. This probably won't be the last thing snatched from DoF...

q2V7Tjm.png
SHUT IT! You are NOT Rebecca! You hear me? NOT! REBECCA!
rxRCtKd.png
Just passing through, please don't keep me long...
eLEiQyE.png
Okay, I guess we have to fight now. I know you all LOVE my high-quality screenshot maps, but you know what? This hack quite simply isn't worth it. Start-button maps are all you get.
niXCAqZ.pngKEgxs7r.png
Before we look at the stats, notice the clashing minimug styles. The joys of stolen-ness!
hLLONj4.pngpzB0qJ5.pngaEHXfcg.png5lGNzmp.png
Kelik has okay stats, but his weapons kind of suck, when they aren't being really weird.
bCfGzqT.pngqmhkTCd.pngmCmwrAG.png
He actually seems way better than Marcus was, but I doubt I can trust his growths. I wonder if any were actually changed?
WZWxHKM.pngjQTA0EQ.png0UIiHkH.png
Klein's stats are amazing and I will be relying on him. However, he's Lowen, so we'll have to wait and see about long term viability...
MCEzSns.pngSUniJIB.png
And here we have Re-*cough**cough* Amelia*cough**HACK**cough*. She sucks. Not using her.
Wait to see the worst offense committed yet?
QYD7lTm.png
This hack doesn't just steal characters.
It DEFILES them.
(She can use light for whatever reason too, but that's downright unremarkable compared to the description)
GDovk4k.png
No more waiting, we begin with a bang.
...Wait, 13 damage?
LsCiNr1.png
So... this was what she meant when she said she buffed some enemies... yeah... this is why we need Klein and can't use Rebemelia.
XJc3aiu.png
Grozyni is altered, maybe. ...Yeah, he has 10 skill. On an earlygame bandit.
9hTv1kx.png
Kelik's stats are good in normal FE7... but with the enemies as they are, he SUCKS. And he's our LORD. This is TERRIBLE news!
Ed4kkEp.png
!! More! I almost forgot!
YBpW3Ir.pngcLzZ0Ny.png
This here is Dorcas, stolen from Fire Emblem Blazing Sword, made by the ever-obscure creator Intelligent Systems. They have like no presence on these forums, seriously. They need to get to know the community better.
aFNmmPp.pngLmcFh8d.png
And here we have Granite. I... don't know this one either! I feel like I should, but... dangit! This hack is putting my hack knowledge to the test! COME ON BRAIN! THINK!
Hrrrrrnnnnggghhhh!!!
Nope. I don't know where she's from. Looks like you guys have to do it again. Sorry, I'll do better later, I swear!
EDIT: Okay, Chocolate Kitty owned the portrait, and it was made by Lumi. No idea what it was used for.
ijYETMC.png
If you're wondering, she has plenty of clothing. That's still a stolen animation though. From where, I have no idea.
kSHGFpv.png
Kelik doesn't have enough speed to double, and can't even two-shot with his special sword... BALANCE!
9D6VWzI.png
Long-term viability question may have just been answered.
o2qoTTl.png
We get 10k instead of 5k. 0k.
1oVmpHo.png
Luring!
G7m7soc.png
Kelik. These are NOT THE THINGS YOU NEED.
dJRJycL.png
I make "Rebecca" help so we can see her crazy palette. Amelia in the REAL DoF looks better, IMO...
Y2hZpul.png
Cloud is... still unrecognizable...
tNaZtmI.png
Kelik crits so hard the screen glitches.
ZMpltih.png
The first test has been passed, THE LORD CAN SEIZE! I wouldn't be half surprised if we encounter an eternal and unbypassable error halfway through.
TMw2443.png
You're NOT welcome.
mDJRpCy.png
Your bow isn't much BECAUSE YOU'RE A MAGE.
kYTK263.png
Okay, phew... only the first update, and I already feel exhausted and bored. I'll try my absolute best to not go all "drained and obviously bored commentary", but I don't know how long I can keep it up... gotta stay enthusiastic!
NEXT TIME: THIS IS SO BORING

Edited by TheMoniker

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its more of an insult to the people that have made the sprites for you to broadcast this. you probably have a following of people that enjoy playing hacks no matter how bad they are, so i think it was terrible you made this thread since its exposing that group to this shitty hack.

Oh my god, I read the topic and...gave me incentive to NOT make a fire emblem hack.

It's too bad this hack doesn't have a Marf Santangelo sprite stolen, I doubt Mig64 would have cared.

Edited by momogeek2141

Dude. Cloud is from FF7. Do you live under a rock?

What is FF7?

i think its more of an insult to the people that have made the sprites for you to broadcast this. you probably have a following of people that enjoy playing hacks no matter how bad they are, so i think it was terrible you made this thread since its exposing that group to this shitty hack.

On one hand, I agree since now if people make a shitty hack, they get moniker LP'd, which is like giving a naughty child golden wrapped chocolate. On the other hand, it's a moniker lp and I don't care.

GAH, MUST...RESIST...TEMPTATION....TO PLAY MORE HEROES OF THE STORM ;-;...k ill devote tomorrow to working on it.

do it now dude, the deadline is coming up fast

(on another note, my hydra boss ragefest is working and I am riding the hype train \o/)

anyway yeah this seems terrible, I knew it had work ripped off but they didn't even make new chapters with them it looks like.

if nothing else, its a good example of what NOT to do in a FE hack.

Dude. Cloud is from FF7. Do you live under a rock?

Apparently... but who made the portrait and used it in what hack?

Okay, I get that you think it's an insult to the people who made those sprites, and if I get too many complaints I'll end the LP, but this happened quite a while ago. It's not like I'm going and just putting up some instant LP, promoting the hack despite everyone's complaints. I had hoped that enough time had passed that nobody would care enough to be insulted anymore. But I don't get why you think it's terrible that I'm exposing people who watch me to this hack. Are their minds going to melt?

Oh my god, I read the topic and...gave me incentive to NOT make a fire emblem hack.

It's too bad this hack doesn't have a Marf Santangelo sprite stolen, I doubt Mig64 would have cared.

At what point does stealing something become harder than making something of equivalent quality? And we haven't seen all the sprites yet...

What is FF7?

On one hand, I agree since now if people make a shitty hack, they get moniker LP'd, which is like giving a naughty child golden wrapped chocolate. On the other hand, it's a moniker lp and I don't care.

Well, said candy would grow enough body parts to be able to talk and then mock the drawings the naughty child made as they attempted to eat it...

GAH, MUST...RESIST...TEMPTATION....TO PLAY MORE HEROES OF THE STORM ;-;...k ill devote tomorrow to working on it.

You can do it!

do it now dude, the deadline is coming up fast

(on another note, my hydra boss ragefest is working and I am riding the hype train \o/)

anyway yeah this seems terrible, I knew it had work ripped off but they didn't even make new chapters with them it looks like.

if nothing else, its a good example of what NOT to do in a FE hack.

Good luck on your ragefest attempt! I know you're capable of making good things, hope it turns out well!

Let's tally up all the things we can learn from this hack:

1: Actually make your own stuff.

2: ...Yeah, that's pretty much it. Number 1 is a good lesson, though!

The Reckoning: Episode 2: Chapter 12: It doesn't get better

pIyLaWx.png

Little do they know, it will be EVIL!

bxFYDXD.png

9B7RutW.png

Worst deception ever.

IK6isG6.png

Enemies everywhere! What a surprise!

nhi7ffV.png

*sigh* yes, Dorcas. I know. You're pretty much the only sane thing I have to cling to right now.

s1qpgWU.png

Unchanged. I kind of have to wonder if we'll be seeing any non-stat/portrait changes AT ALL. I hope we do see some, I don't want to be playing "slightly modified FE7" the whole time!

xol1BS5.png

Hey Zagan. You're worse than last chapter's boss, honestly. Or at least, hardly an improvement.

PuwyRsC.png

These... are no ordinary soldiers...

Lm6zeyw.png

WAIT WAIT WAIT HOLD THE PHONE

nerDHci.png

Generic bandits... steal vulneraries? What? WHY?

And so now, for the first few chapters we will have very few healing items. Because they'll ALL GET STOLEN.

787hKJq.png

And that's the cue...

JSc50pl.png

For EVERYONE to come for poor lame Kelik!

xnUBM6d.png

And Crowe/Hector to show up! I think I've already said where he was stolen from.

bMmrAAr.png

And this would be a mug from Dream of Five, made by AstraLunaSol, again. She seems to be replacing Serra.

P4lRsvT.png

Ah, I recognize you! You're Cia, from The Last Promise, made by Blazer!

QWuDM6c.png

And you're Oswin? Just normal Oswin? Really?

Huh.

cPXZLFt.png

...Kitty.

Her name is Kitty.

Kitty.

Why?

ALkhKFz.pngcgOS5rq.pngClTvjG5.pnglsojr98.png

Hector Crowe Sol is better than Kelik and has some interesting weapons, but he's not as great as Klein. Still, using him!

6uEpQaX.pngMUVQi9G.png

Oswin has been buffed. He will be our armor knight, unless we get a better one.

We can't look at Serra or *ahem* Kitty's stats yet, because they leave in Eliwood mode, remember.

fC3hPIF.png

! Animation change! This animation is used for ALL fighters, and I tracked down the maker, he is MageKnight404. Technically, this one actually ISN'T stolen, since in the topic it says "no permission needed". Still, the least the author could've done is remember to give credit more than in passing, or, better yet, made an ACTUALLY GOOD HACK with the animations.

PnsLcLt.png

Two-in-one, wow! The Armor Knight is again MageKnight404, and the Halberdier is The Blind Archer.

w3RZNIK.png

And these soldier/halberdiers are actually beating up Sol! Lay off it, guys!

S3HsRIu.png

Thank you, for doing a public service and not making this murder spree any harder than it needed to be.

GwIMWhF.png

So... no buffed growths?

0q7LsLC.png

Strength! Speed! GET THEM!

NFm5Fl4.png

And now Sol can't heal. I don't like the "new and improved" bandits already...

29ZE43J.png

Save him, Oswin! You have more speed than Sol, you don't need to worry about theft!

igP97vx.png

Klein's still the best. I like him.

X2gdaKG.png

They're all alone... oh well, the bottom group doesn't need their help.

oAmKsTF.png

7VSKPr2.png

They're waiting for a good leader, Zagan.

0W1P5Kn.png

Ow, ow, ow, maybe he isn't so terrible.

MYsqZKV.pngcBTNhtz.png

Well, he got speed, pounding some lowly mercenaries. I mean, seriously... the bandits are supposed to be worse than their allies, not better!

JDr7neF.png

*me, playing this hack*

nO2FNe8.png

And we're done again! Thank you!

HOrNmC2.png

I'm going to take a page out of Mig64's book:

"Blah, blah, blah".

Sv9tlqq.png

If you were wondering, she really is still named Serra. So far, Kelik is the only one who has the same name as the portrait's *ahem* "original appearance*.

7QMCh8y.png

"He".

SUCH QUALITY

GJysrD9.png

Don't smile at me like that!

jjYg5Wf.png

I knew it! I KNEW YOU WERE SECRETLY CIA!

k8CegKr.png

NEXT TIME: In search of WHY THIS HACK EXISTS

exposing them to this hack may make them want to play it which is the opposite of what the people who have had their art stolen would want. i also believe these people that have had their art stolen has not made any complaints because they normally don't frequent this section and probably don't even remember the name of the hack. but idk, you're not breaking any rules. i'm not telling you to stop your LP because you can do whatever you want. it just feels wrong to me, and i felt like voicing that concern.

Would have loved doing a ragefest submission... If I knew how to event.

Maybe I should read Blazer's tutorial, because I have the ideas, but I'm not that good at hacking.

The reckoning is weird.

The author didn't steal the mugs on purpose, she just wanted to use what she liked. Though it's kinda stealing. This hack feels weird.

Not that I don't enjoy seeing you playing it.

Would have loved doing a ragefest submission... If I knew how to event.

Maybe I should read Blazer's tutorial, because I have the ideas, but I'm not that good at hacking.

Same here. I have the map layout, now to just do the eventing.....if i can overcome intimidation and laziness ;-;

Well I'm pleased to say that I've gotten a pretty good start on the eventing, I just need to add in a few more things, put in text, among other things, test some more, and I'll be done! :D

YOU SHOULD GET TO THE POINT WHERE ANYONE ELSE WOULD QUIT, AND YOU'RE NOT GONNA STOP THERE!