• Lowen
    • Rebecca
    • Sain
    • Florina
    • Raven
    • Canas
    • Other
  2. 2. When does the last mine get used?

• Chapter 26: Unfulfilled Heart (to get that Uber Spear!)
    • Chapter 28x: Night of Farewells (to help deal with all the general treasure getting madness)
    • Chapter 32: Victory or Death (we need all the help we can with this one!)
    • None! With sufficient skill and tactical genius (read: appropriate usage of the Silver Card and Hammerne Staff), we can eliminate the need for the last mine entirely!
  3. 3. What should the excess of funds in Chapter 9 of Lyn Mode be used for?

• Promote Sain!
    • Angelic Robe Florina!
    • Energy Ring Florina!

Goal achieved! Here is the ranking screen!

GNvRuxU.png

As far as I know, this is the first playthrough to achieve both 58 stars and Nils level 7! (and Sain promoted at Lv 13!)

Also provided in this post is the breakdown of final stats for Lyn Mode:

Name:     Lv.XP HP STR/MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES
Lyn:      8.15  22    9     12  16  10  5   1
Sain:     1.11  33    20    9   17  8   13  4 (promoted at 13.00)
Kent:     7.01  26    12    8   12  3   8   2
Florina:  7.32  21    11    9   15  11  6   7
Wil:      3.17  20    7     6   6   6   6   0
Dorcas:   5.57  32    8     9   7   4   3   0
Erk:      4.42  20    7     8   10  5   3   5
Serra:    4.85  19    5     7   11  9   3   7
Rath:     7.13  BASE
Matthew:  6.00  22    7     7   15  2   5   1
Nils:     7.00  20    2     0   16  16  10  10
Lucius    3.00  BASE
Wallace   12.00 BASE
Edited by ruadath

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are right. I have not seen a 58 star run before.

This was very well played. I know it was RNG abuse, but I'm extremely jealous of some of these stats. 9 Strength on Level 8 Lyn? Yes please.

I know you mentioned that you weren't going to do any RNG abuse for HHM. Is this because you were planning on videos or because it was just tiring? Was it for another reason? When you take screenshots, even though the stats are godly, it doesn't make it feel any less boring or whatnot from our perspective, so if that is something you considered doing, then I'd say stick with it. I know earlier you said that you weren't really looking to do that, so of course it's up to you since you have a specific goal in mind.

As Melth did with his excellent playthrough, I will be performing some "War Room" posts, during which I will explain strategies, tactics, and even general information that are relevant to the upcoming battles. Now that we are into Hector Mode, making plans well in advance will be extremely important, as a single mistake early on has the potential to have major ramifications later in the playthrough.

This first "war room" will cover the details of the what we are trying to acomplish in this challenge. Obviously, you are all familiar with the requirements of S-ranking the challenge, so I won't bore you with the details of that here. However, due to the fact that we are going for Max Stars, there are several additional constraints that you might not be aware of:

1. Visit every gaiden chapter. This is self explanatory; the more chapters we complete, the more opportunities we have to get tactician stars
  2. Meet the 5-star requirements (when possible) for every chapter. In case you are not familiar with tactician stars, this is how they are doled out.

In particular, with regard to the latter point, this means that the zero requirements Chapters will not really help us at all, since they don't allow for us to make up lost EXP or Funds from other chapters, since we have to meet those individually. Instead, they only provide us with a defecit of turns that we have to make up in the regular chapters.

Well, that's all I have to add for now. Chapter 11 should be fairly straightforward; its a zero-requirements chapter, so I'll just be aiming to clear it in 6 turns.

I know you mentioned that you weren't going to do any RNG abuse for HHM. Is this because you were planning on videos or because it was just tiring? Was it for another reason? When you take screenshots, even though the stats are godly, it doesn't make it feel any less boring or whatnot from our perspective, so if that is something you considered doing, then I'd say stick with it. I know earlier you said that you weren't really looking to do that, so of course it's up to you since you have a specific goal in mind.

I'm (at least planning not to do) RNG abuse since I believe that it is very possible to get all the stars in HHM without doing so, unlike in Lyn Mode. I may or may not be posting videos, have not decided yet. It might be a mix, depending on which chapters I think it would be worth it. Although I really do like the screenshot style, so I think I'm leaning toward that right now.

I think you are right. I have not seen a 58 star run before.

This was very well played.

Thanks!

Alright, Chapter 11 complete. As I said before, it is a zero-requirement chapter, so we get 3 stars regardless of what we do. That being said, it is important to keep track of our overall Tactics rank. I am currently 6 turns in the red; thankfully there are plenty of opportunities to make that up in the first few chapters.

I was initially planning on uploading a video, but I used the exact same strategy as in MoogleBoss's LTC, so I simply refer you to that video if you want to see what I did. In terms of spoils, Matthew killed the northern archer for his Vulnerary and stole the Red Gem from an enemy thief. As is normal, here is a stats summary:

Name:     Lv.XP HP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES
Hector    2.87  20  8   5   6   3   8   0
Matthew:  6.43  22  7   7   15  2   5   1
Edited by ruadath

Now that you've mentioned it, 0 turn requirements are gonna be disgusting. I'm guessing that you're just going to stick with most of the boosted folks from Lyn's mode for this run, and the usual units like Priscilla and Raven for your main team?

Any chapters that you see being a specific problem?

Now that you've mentioned it, 0 turn requirements are gonna be disgusting.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. There is nothing I can do about them, I just have to make them up in the same manner that Melth did; I believe that I will be using his turn count as a rough guide for my playthrough.

I'm guessing that you're just going to stick with most of the boosted folks from Lyn's mode for this run, and the usual units like Priscilla and Raven for your main team?

Can't do that, need to train everyone (at least a little bit) for the experience rank.

Not too sure yet about tactics/exp, but there are definitely some chapters were funds will not allow me to 5-star. I've got a bit of calculations to do before I even start on Chapter 12, which I will report in a "War Room" post sometime soon.

Edited by ruadath

No report yet, but...

The desert chapter 23: Living Legend. I'm not even sure that it is possible (not to mention feasible) to grab all the items, get 1200 EXP, and finish in 9 turns. 700 EXP for the sidequest is usually difficult enough, and I usually go a little overboard in turns. That chapter might be a bit of a nightmare. I have some ideas for how I might approach it, but I'll flesh out the details regarding that later.

Also the chapters with absrudly high EXP requirements may prove annoying (Victory or Death requires 6150! EXP, and also Chapter 29 and Final).

Surprisingly the Funds rank is proving less notorious than I thought it would; the only one that seems impossible (please correct me if I am wrong here) to get 5 stars on is Chapter 13; the 5 star requires .8*4500=3600, but Guy's starting equipment (1600), the Torch and Mine (1000), and two stealable Vulenraries (600) on the map amount only to 3200.

Edited by ruadath

I can't think of anything. I thought maybe there's different data between Hector and Eli mode, but I doubt it's that. (Eli mode you'd get Matthew and Serra, which would be 2560 more gold.)

No report yet, but...

The desert chapter 23: Living Legend. I'm not even sure that it is possible (not to mention feasible) to grab all the items, get 1200 EXP, and finish in 9 turns. 700 EXP for the sidequest is usually difficult enough, and I usually go a little overboard in turns. That chapter might be a bit of a nightmare. I have some ideas for how I might approach it, but I'll flesh out the details regarding that later.

Also the chapters with absrudly high EXP requirements may prove annoying (Victory or Death requires 6150! EXP, and also Chapter 29 and Final).

Surprisingly the Funds rank is proving less notorious than I thought it would; the only one that seems impossible (please correct me if I am wrong here) to get 5 stars on is Chapter 13; the 5 star requires .8*4500=3600, but Guy's starting equipment (1600), the Torch and Mine (1000), and two stealable Vulenraries (600) on the map amount only to 3200.

The desert chapter should be easy enough if you buy some staves from the previous chapter's secret shop. Just have Ninian, Serra and Priscilla just hang around somewhere and spam barrier and torch. I managed to get 700 exp in two turns in my low turn run, so I don't think 1200 in 9 will be all that bad, and getting the items should be pretty easy too.

I dunno about the Victory or Death exp req's though, they might be impossible to reach unless you have a lot of staff users or some underlevelled units with good stats ready.

The desert chapter should be easy enough if you buy some staves from the previous chapter's secret shop. Just have Ninian, Serra and Priscilla just hang around somewhere and spam barrier and torch. I managed to get 700 exp in two turns in my low turn run, so I don't think 1200 in 9 will be all that bad, and getting the items should be pretty easy too.

OK, yeah, that was my plan. Although I'll have to be a bit careful about not spending too much as well; funds requirement for 5 star is roughly 90000.

If I remember correctly, White Gem+Ocean Seal+Guiding Ring+Hero Crest+Body Ring is already 88,000. Add to that Luna+Eclipse+Light Brand and you are at roughly 100,000. You don't even really need to get the Light Brand, and I'm also not counting Hawkeye's Killer Axe.

Don't think there's a white gem on HHM. I could be wrong though.

If there is, that solves everything though.

In some of the later chapters with obsurd funds requirements, you could abuse the Hammerne staff and fix a really expensive weapon (like Luna or something) that you wore down in an earlier chapter, it nets you around 4k in funds depending on how much Luna (or other expensive weapon) has been used.

EDIT: According to FEwod he has the white gem. My memory sucks.

Edited by General Horace

That was one of my plans for like 28x. I think the weapons I will wear down and repair will be Wolf Beil, Brave Bow, and one of Rapier of Spear. One needs to balance cost of weapon versus number of chapters available to wear it down (in particular having either Chapter 12, which has a huge surplus of Funds, or the secret shop chapters).

Don't think there's a white gem on HHM. I could be wrong though.

I think it's just that Jasmine has the Gem, not Paul.

Edited by ruadath

For chapter 23x, I don't think it's possible to get 5-star Funds unless you attack Kishuna within the first 5 turns and make the "magical" reinforcements spawn. You certainly can't unlock the door to his room in that time, and the "fighter" reinforcements won't spawn if Kishuna is already gone. And without the weapons or magic that those reinforcements carry, it's impossible to get 5-star Funds for the chapter.

Edited by Paper Jam

After procrastinating for a while with failed attempts to low turn FE8, I finally got around to doing Chapter 12. I'll probably post screenshots/etc at some point but for now, here is a summary:

Funds: picked up the Secret Book, sold the Red Gem, didn't buy anything. Hector used Wolf Beil exclusively (18 uses remaining). If this seems odd to you, the idea is that I have a huge surplus in this chapter but nothing gainful to use it on. Therefore, it is a good idea to 1) take the loss on the Red Gem and make a profit with the funds on one of the secret shop chapters and 2) use up Wolf Beil in preparation of Hammerne-ing it later.

Tactics: The number of turns allowed for this chapter is 8; it is possible to complete in 4 with extensive use of Marcus. I settled for a 5 turn without using Marcus. This leaves me with an overall deficit of 3 on the Tactics rank.

Combat: This is usually a non-rank, but I just barely scraped through, with 16 W/ 40 B!

Exp: I got over 600 EXP on this chapter, so nothing to worry about here. The stats breakdown is as follows:

Hector's Army:

Hector:   5.48  23  11  6   7   4   11  1
Oswin:    9.24  BASE
Matthew:  6.93  22  7   7   15  2   5   1
Serra:    5.07  19  6   7   12  10  3   7

Hector and his troops are awesome!

Eliwood's Army:

Eliwood:  1.41  BASE
Marcus:   1.00  BASE
Rebecca:  2.17  18  5   5   7   4   4   1
Lowen:    3.08  24  8   6   8   3   7   0
Bartre:   3.10  30  10  5   4   5   4   0
Dorcas:   5.85  32  8   9   7   4   3   0

We can see why he needed some rescuing now! Nevertheless, I'm very happy with the level up Rebecca, Lowen, and Bartre got (and of course, Hector's 3 godly levels).

Let me know what you guys think! I'll be posting some screenshots soon (hopefully).

Edited by ruadath

And here we go! I'll provide the actions in order this time around, since there is no (well, minimal) RNG manipulation. First, the starting position.

udgLcqT.png

Turn 1: Matthew maneuvers himself to create a pocket inside of the... fort?... for Serra to hide in and keep safe from the numerous Pegasus Knights running around. Oswin goes east and attacks the PK with the Javelin, and Hector finishes her with the Wolf Beil.

urUcidJ.png

He gets a sweet level up too!

51RbT1B.png

Turn 1 (cont.): Down south, Marcus trades his Iron Sword to Eliwood and heads for the Village. The rest of the teams positions themselves like so (Doracs is on the fort, Bartre on the house)

d5w42pN.png

Enemy Turn 1: A bandit attacks Lowen and misses; he counterattacks with the Iron Sword. The same happens with Matthew. A bunch of PKs then move in to attack. One misses Hector, another misses Bartre, and one hits Hector. They all get hurt in the counterattack, the ones facing Hector particularly badly due to Wolf Beil. This is useful, since they will now flee toward the forts in the middle of the map to heal on subsequent turns, lightening the burden on Hector and Oswin, and providing some much need EXP to Eliwood's group.

bTnWDMM.png

A Hand Axe bandit hits Hector pretty hard for 5 damage, despite having only 27 hit, which means that Hector will have to be careful (read: lucky) for the rest of the chapter. A couple of archers strike Lowen and Hector as well, leaving the latter with only 11/21 HP.

wfracbS.png

Turn 2: A bunch of enemies have now swarmed around Hector. Matthew finishes off the bandit that attacked him, and Oswin moves 1 NE to hit the Hand Axe bandit with his Iron Lance for a good chunk of damage. We need to finish him off this turn, before he runs onto the mountains and becomes impossible to hit. Serra stays in the same spot to keep safe from all the enemies.

NZokZtj.png

Turn 2 (cont.): Eliwood moves 2 east and attacks the bandit that attacked Lowen (with his Iron Sword; he won't be using the Rapier at all this chapter). He takes a meaty hit in the counterattack though, which means that, like Hector, he will also have to be careful (lucky) for the remainder of the Chapter.

ginEz8W.png

Turn 2 (cont.): Lowen moves around to finish him off from the east. Rebecca moves 1 E and snipes the PK which attacked Bartre. She crits (!) though it was hardly necessary as she would have finished him anyway.

L4nOjrb.png

Marcus grabs the Secret Book from the village and begins to make his way back to the battle. Dorcas attacks the archer from the east, and Bartre finishes him from the SE with the Hand Axe. Hector takes out the Hand Axe bandit from above. 10 enemies remain.

axcuNGd.png

Enemy Turn 2: Like I said earlier, the two injured PKs stop bothering Hector for the fort in the middle of the map. The mercenary down south slices up Bartre for some heavy damage (Bartre gets doubled) but gets hit in the process.

XyM6Hp8.png

MKTVQzN.png

Enemy Turn 2 (cont.): A bandit moves in to attack Eliwood, but misses, and another one does the same thing with Lowen. The SE PK knight moves in to attack Dorcas. She also misses, and takes a good chunk of damage. The armies on the south side are now lined up nicely.

NSIVYTL.png

Back up north, another PK hasn't learned the lesson set by her brethren and gets to meet Wolf Beil (albeit, not after reducing Hector to 8 HP). The archer also attacks Hector again, but misses, fortunately.

Turn 3: With the northern army having thinned out a bit, Matthew and Serra are free to move. Matthew heads east and doubles the archer from the forest (he gets to C swords, by the way); Oswin moves back 1 SW and kills him with the Javelin. Serra moves in behind him to heal him. She is in the range of the wounded PKs, but they won't attack her beacuse they are busy tending to their wounds. Hector hits the PK who attacked him just before with the Wolf Beil again, killing her.

xlRP0KZ.png

Another great level too!

OsfXi8V.png

Turn 3 (cont.): I burned an RN or two here (I think), then Eliwood attacked the bandit who attacked him again, weaking him further. Dorcas move around and attacked the mercenary from the east. Lowen finished off the mercenary (Iron Sword again), then Bartre moved around and killed the bandit east of Lowen with his Iron Axe. Rebecca takes out the PK and Marcus moves forward.

tqv94Fo.png

Enemy Turn 3: Zagan begins moving toward Hector. The bandit moves to the fort and attacks Eliwood again. A PK suicides on Hector; he crits (Wolf Beil!) but didn't need to anyway thanks to proc'ing Str. Only 4 enemies left!

219MA4A.png

Turn 4: Lowen moves 2 west and finished off the last southern bandit. Our first non-Hector level up!

4dLC12A.png

I'm not quite sure how the wounded enemy AI works, but if they sense you are about to gang up on them they will strike out and suicide against you. I didn't want that to happen, so I made sure to position the rest of my units (who were getting ready to kill the two PKs in the middle next turn) sufficiently far away as depicted. Bartre (SE of Rebecca) was rescue dropped by Dorcas and Marcus.

NPM7dqO.png

Turn 4 (cont.): Back up north, Matthew moved down (as you can see in the previous picture), and Serra moved east toward Hector. Hector remained still to wait for the boss.

Enemy Turn 4: Zagan attacks Hector. He misses, thankfully, as Hector would have died otherwise.

2klMdI6.png

Turn 5: I admit it, I did some RNG manipulation here for some good levels, but nothing extreme. First I burned 2 RNs, and had Rebecca move straight west and take out the western PK.

7D1aS9I.png

I then burned 2 more RN and had Serra heal Hector. Oswin then rescued her to keep her safe from Zagan

xNPUCfq.png

Bartre took out the remaining PK with his Hand Axe. No RNGs burned before this.

6vb0IG4.png

Matthews sells the Red Gem. Hector attacks the boss.

Enemy Turn 5:

Zagan attacks Hector. He finally hits this time, but its too late for him. Serra has already healed Hector so he can take a hit, and Hector's counterattack finishes Zagan.

UofUpUh.png

And that's a wrap!

NOTE: Strangely enough, my level ups with Hector were different this time around from when I first ran this. Everything else is the same though, so I guess I'll just run with this version since it is documented and modify the stats table above. Less speed... but more Strength and Defense! I'm all for it! They were still godly, by the way.

Edited by ruadath

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on rushing Chapter 13?

Since I can't attain the Funds rank, I can at most 4-star the chapter... which means (assuming I get the max Survival, Combat, and Tactics rank, which is pretty much given) I can afford to completely rush the map (5 turns, maybe?) as long as I can also recruit Guy, visit both villages, and earn 600 EXP (or alternatively, instead of this last EXP requirement, make one of the steals with Matthew and only spend 200G worth of weapon usage, but making the steal might require an extra turn).

What do you guys think? Is the saving on tactics worth it? Or should I just play through it normally?

Edited by ruadath

Alright, Chapter 13 clear! Sorry this took so long to get done, but I've unfortunately been busy with family stuff this weekend and had little time to game/blog. Anyway, a brief synopsis on the chapter before I start with the actual playthrough (I'll postpone the unit stats breakdown until afterward, though):

Rank: So, as my previous post mentioned, it is actually impossible to 5-star this map due to the funds requirement being impossible to meet. This allows us to sacrifice a bit more of our rank (and still obtain 4 stars) in order to low turn the chapter. In particular, I finished the chapter in 5 turns for a surplus of 7 turns on the chapter! This brings my net turn in comparison with the tacts rank to a surplus of 4, which is something I have never achieved before! My plan was to obtain a 3-star on funding (1800 G) and a 2-star on EXP (600 EXP) which would be enough for the overall 4-star on the chapter. Things actually went slightly awry since I failed the combat rank (4-star; I never noticed how hard it was to keep this up in the early chapters of HHM before! Since you can't ORKO enemies and you have lots of indirect attack enemies hitting your team, the 40% requirement is actually quite difficult!) but made up for this with a 3-star on EXP (650). Obviously, I recruited Guy and visited both villages for the Merlinus sidequest (Chapter 13x).

General Strategy: In order to rush this chapter in 5 turns, Marcus has to rescue Hector and run him through to the gate, taking out the boss himself; this isn't actually all that bad since it prevents Hector from gaining much EXP this chapter, which is good for prolonging his use on the team. The party basically splits up into 2 teams: Hector, Marcus, Bartre, and Oswin go around the back of the enemy to reach the boss quickly, while everyone else heads south to gain EXP and help Matthew recruit Guy. This chapter also featured a nice set of strategic trades to give people the right weapons at critical times, which I am a little bit proud of.

Anyway, playthrough will be posted soon (hopefully)!

Edited by ruadath

The starting position of this map is somewhat random, from what I've heard; here is what it looked like for me.

yQQfkqD.png

Turn 1: Oswin breaks the Snag with the Iron Lance, Hector moves SE of Oswin, Marcus moves W of Hector and trade-equips Hector's Hand Axe, then rescues him and moves across the bridge. Bartre moves west onto the forest and equips Iron Axe.

ky80E5i.png

Turn 1 (cont.): Serra and Eliwood move SE toward the gap on the eastern part of the map. Dorcas move north of the mountain (1 NW of the gap, 1 SE on Rebecca's starting position) Rebecca moves south and fires at the bandit from above the forest before Lowen rescues her from above and then moves to occupy the spot she was standing on (equips Iron Sword). Matthew moves in behind and drops Rebecca behind (above) him.

wgMX923.png

Enemy Turn 1: The weakened bandit attack Lowen, misses and gets hurt. Same thing goes for a PK and Bartre up north. Dorcas gets struck by an archer. The Javelin cavalier up north attacks Marcus and takes some heavy damage from his Hand Axe (hence the reason for the trade earlier). Notice that the enemy is still yet to take any losses (now you can see why my combat rank failed!)

lCuEwog.png

Turn 2: Matthew moves 1 W onto the mountains to double the enemy archer. Rebecca moves one south to finish the archer off (first kill, finally!), the Serra moves onto Rebecca's position and heals Dorcas, who then proceeds to move around and hit the PK with his Iron Axe:

B5CUfJ5.png

By the way, Matthew gets another sweet level up! That Res proc will be particularly useful when Matthew has to run around maps stealing treasure later on and has enemy mages/sages blasting him with long-range tomes.

erMl5mm.png

Turn 2 (cont.): Lowen finishes off the bandit below him with another strike, and Eliwood moves 1 NW of Matthew; this position is important since it prevents the PK from getting to Serra. Bartre kills the enemy cav, Oswin moves 1 west and trades his Iron Lance to Marcus (I also gave the secret book to Oswin to hold onto sine Marcus's inventory was getting a little bit full). Marcus then rides forward and breaks the next snag with the Iron Lance.

x3TTY2O.png

Enemy Turn 2: The injured northern PK attacks Bartre again, this time hitting, but also getting killed. The southern injured PK suicides similarly on Eliwood. Another PK flies up to hit Lowen, and the archer targets Eliwood for a kill, but fortunately misses. Another PK strikes Marcus and gets hurt pretty badly by the Iron Lance.

j9DXcpK.png

Turn 3: Rebecca takes out the PK from the SW, then Bartre trade-equips Hector (rescued by Marcus) with his Iron Axe and takes out the PK with his Hand Axe for a level up.

SwiYS1a.png

Turn 3 (cont.): Marcus rides as far as he can around the western side of the castle and drops Hector (equipped with the Iron Axe) south of him. Oswin moves W onto the forest. Dorcas moves as far W as he can to aggro the western enemy PK. Matthew moves one SE of him to prepare to go onto the fort next turn. Eliwood moves around the mountain and doubles the archer from the east, before Lowen rides around south to finish him from the forest (with Iron Lance). Serra heals Lowen.

LZ30jQk.png

Enemy Turn 3: A cav charges Hector, misses, and gets hit in return. Dorcas successfully aggros the PK, but gets hit a poor level up. Oh well; I wasn't expecting much of him anyway. He also gets hit by a Hand Axe bandit.

YJYi8p1.png

Turn 4: Oswin moves west toward toward the village. Serra heals Dorcas from the east, Lowen strikes the (closest) Bandit from the south, and Dorcas also strikes him from the east. Matthews moves onto the fort.

W5tei7b.png

Turn 4 (cont.): Rebecca moves above Matthew and finishes off the bandit. Hector kills the cav, and Eliwood kills the PK.

avyLiGP.png

OCQqAeZ.png

Turn 4 (cont.): Bartre moves south as far as he can. Marcus hits Boise from up close with the Hand Axe (we want him to get attacked again on the enemy phase.)

qrPHQ5U.png

Enemy Turn 4: A bunch of enemies (including Boise) attack Marcus; he kills a PK and an archer and injures others. A cav strikes Lowen, who levels up. He also gets attacked by various other units from Long Range, but dodges all of them. Rebecca gets attacked by an archer; she doubles him in response.

ZQYah8z.png

Marcus has taken quite a beating, and so has the Hand Axe!

aX3EDGB.png

While we're looking at the character screen, let's also take a moment to appreciate Guy's excellent HHM bonuses!

Zsl1UNB.png

Look at that, he's practically on par with our level 8 Lyn!

iO6BAWQ.png

Turn 5: We've spent roughly 500G (Hand Axe's and Bows are expensive!) in weapon uses, but thankfully Guy's initial equipment, the Torch, and Mine total to 2600G for a 3-star in funds. We'll need to pick up all of those this turn and also get to 650 EXP (we're at roughly 550) before we clear the map. Rebecca takes out the archer who attacked her, Dorcas attacks the bandit east of that archer, and Lowen finishes him off. This clear a path for Matthew to recruit Guy.

nwhRIv1.png

Turn 5 (cont.): Serra heals someone, Eliwood and Oswin visit villages. Bartre grabs his Iron Axe back from Hector; I'm probably going to bench (figuratively, of course) the latter in the next chapter so he doesn't need it. Marcus finally finishes Boise with his Iron Lance.

2om7RBg.png

Then Hector seizes to clear the map! This gives us a net surplus of 4 turns over the Tactics Rank! 12 stars so far by the way.

Hector:   5.78  23  11  6   7   4   11  1
Oswin:    9.24  BASE
Matthew:  7.06  23  8   7   16  3   5   2
Serra:    5.51  19  6   7   12  10  3   7
Eliwood:  2.29  19  6   5   8   8   5   1
Marcus:   1.79  BASE
Rebecca:  3.64  18  6   6   8   4   5   1
Lowen:    4.30  25  9   6   9   4   7   0
Bartre:   4.22  31  11  6   5   6   4   0
Dorcas:   6.24  33  8   9   7   4   4   0
Guy:      3.00  BASE

UPDATE: A very minor change to the end of this strategy; since I don't plan on having Matthew fight in the next chapter, I had Guy trade with Matthew after he got recruited and grab his Iron Sword.

Edited by ruadath

Looking at your given strategy for 13, I'm wondering if I should've done something similar for my own run. Even though I was after experience, I feel that saving so many turns early on will help for tighter maps later and allow for a lot of experience to be gained. I don't know if I could've pulled it off though, because your units are so godly compared to mine.

I should also mention that aiming for the most efficient 4 star on this map was very smart and effective.

So! Any plans in particular on who you're gonna focus on next as far as levels are concerned?