• Lowen
    • Rebecca
    • Sain
    • Florina
    • Raven
    • Canas
    • Other
  2. 2. When does the last mine get used?

• Chapter 26: Unfulfilled Heart (to get that Uber Spear!)
    • Chapter 28x: Night of Farewells (to help deal with all the general treasure getting madness)
    • Chapter 32: Victory or Death (we need all the help we can with this one!)
    • None! With sufficient skill and tactical genius (read: appropriate usage of the Silver Card and Hammerne Staff), we can eliminate the need for the last mine entirely!
  3. 3. What should the excess of funds in Chapter 9 of Lyn Mode be used for?

• Promote Sain!
    • Angelic Robe Florina!
    • Energy Ring Florina!

A couple of additional notes:

- An alternative to raising Rebecca to B in bows is simply to train Rath a bit in Lyn Mode, but this seems unlikely to happen as well (and we don't get him back by Chapter 21 either).

- While writing my guide for 60/60 starring LNM, I've discovered a 3-turn clear of Chapter 6 that grabs the Armorslayer, so I'll likely incorporate that into this playthrough (I haven't seen anyone else accomplish this, but let me know if this is already known)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- While writing my guide for 60/60 starring LNM, I've discovered a 3-turn clear of Chapter 6 that grabs the Armorslayer, so I'll likely incorporate that into this playthrough (I haven't seen anyone else accomplish this, but let me know if this is already known)

Chapter 6 in 3 turns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdykU1i9yuY

This video is part of my LHM/HHM S-Rank run: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv7giLGpGMginQjVcDPz20ayivD3iuF7L

Cool, that was pretty much what I did, except that I had Kent take the southern route and Florina and Sain rescue-drop Matthew into Armorslayer range. Also, I let Erk and Wil kill the mercenaries on the bottom, didn't leave Serra in danger, and cleared all the enemies. I didn't scrutinize your playthrough to check this, but I'm not sure that you hit the 250 EXP requirement (I just barely made letting lower level units take care of the mercs, having Serra heal twice, and clearing all enemies).

EDIT: On a separate note, I am beginning to rerun LHM, and I'm wondering what you guys think about the extent to which I am allowed to burn RNs without it being considered "RN abuse." Should it be absolutely no burns? This doesn't seem quite right, as surely it would be OK to burn an RN with a "natural" movement of the cursor (or something like that). Can ~5 RNs be burned at once? What about ~10? ~15? Perhaps I should add a poll question regarding this...

Edited by ruadath

Prologue

1: Go 3 up and 2 left.

2: Go west without attacking.

3: Attack Batta from the east.

4: Finish him!

5: You are winner!

Nothing else to be said here.

Edited by ruadath

Chapter 1

The first chapter that actually has some nontrivial strategy in it, since we have to keep both Kent and Sain's EXP low for Chapter 2. Since Lyn has to get most of the kills, this prevents us from getting the 3-turn clear, but a 4 turn clear is still very possible.

Turn 1: Sain attacks the bandit from above with his Iron Lance; the bandit misses the counterattack. Lyn finishes him off from the west. Kent moves as far SE as he can go (into the enemy bandit's range).

Na02Syu.png

Enemy Turn 1: The bandit attacks Kent. (and misses)

Turn 2: Lyn moves 4E, 1N. Sain moves east of her, takes and equips her Iron Sword. Kent moves behind her and gives her his Iron Sword.

Enemy Turn 2: The weakened bandit attacks Lyn and dies. The other two bandits attack Lyn and Sain, respectively, and don't die.

qVcBoe3.png

Turn 3: Sain finishes the bandit who attacked him from the south (Iron Sword). Lyn burns 5 RNs then continues east. Kent runs away to the SE corner of the map (or just outside the bandit's range).

Enemy Turn 3: The bandit dies on Lyn giving her a level.

5ejz9fQ.png

Turn 4: Lyn attacks Zugu. Kent burns 13 RNs. Sain trades Kent his sword.

Enemy Turn 4: Zugu attacks Lyn and dies.

QOi7oGc.png

Depending on how you guys feel about the RN abuse, I can redo the last few turns to change the levels (if you wish).

Chapter 2

The required RNG abuse for this chapter makes it not really worth giving a proper playthrough. I'll just state what happens.

Turn 1: Lyn, Kent move forward but out of northern bandit's range. Sain moves into range and RNs are burned so he crit kills the bandit on the enemy phase.

Turn 2: Sain hits wall, Kent burns RNs and then awaits incoming bandit with Iron Lance equipped. He crit kills him on the enemy phase.

Turn 3: Sain breaks the wall, Lyn moves in front of him, and Kent in front of her. RNs are burned so that Kent crit kills the bandit on the enemy phase.

Turn 4: RNs are burned, then Kent crit kills the bandit approaching from the south for a level. He gets Skl/Spd/Luck/Res growths. More RNs are burned, then Sain crit-kills Glass with the Iron Lance for another level. He gets HP/Str/Spd growths. Lyn moves onto the throne, trades her Iron Sword to Sain, and then seizes to complete.

Chapter 3

Turn 1: Kent doubles the archer (Iron Lance) from the south, Lyn recruits Wil, Wil moves behind Kent, Florina rescues Lyn and heads straight east. Sain moves above her, trades his Iron Lane over to Florina, and then rescue drops Lyn onto the forest.

4YwOR2W.png

Enemy Turn 1: Pretty much all the enemies attack Lyn and die (but why u no critical?!?!). She hits C rank in swords during this process. An archer hits Florina.

08T5oko.png

Turn 2: Florina moves 4 north and 3 west. Wil moves to where Florina started and attacks the archer. Lyn kill the merc for a sweet level.

G8UiVTU.png

Most OP Lyn ever. Kent moves onto the forest, and Sain moves west of Lyn.

Enemy Turn 2: The merc misses Florina and gets hit in the counter, and the archer attacks Lyn.

Turn 3: Wil kills the archer, Florina visits the village and then moves east, Kent buys an Iron Lance from the armory. Sain attacks Migal.

Enemy Turn 3: Migal suicides on Sain, as the merc does on Florina, ending the chapter.

jrO1vQP.png

The strategy of the next chapter will vary heavily depending on whether or not I want to promote Sain, so it might be a short while before my next post since I have yet to decided whether or not I'm promoting him.

So, are you going to keep using my guide in the future? The answer you give me will basically decide whether I ABSOLUTELY update it tomorrow, or if I just maybe update it tomorrow :P:

I was actually hoping to steal/adapt your 7x strategy for my 60/60 stars guide, not this playthrough, since I intensely hate that chapter and didn't want to calculate a route for Matthew to steal all of the Vulneraries and the Lockpick and open the Hammer in 5 turns on my own.

;)

By the way, I've completed a playthrough for Chapter 4 assuming that promoting Sain is still the game plan, but I will probably hold off on posting in for a small while in the hopes of eliciting poll responses/feedback from you guys on whether or not this is a good idea.

late but

Could you elaborate on what you mean by this? [tedious]

I just think Kenneth version is a lot less tedious to play than Jerme. You get to cross more terrain indoors so less snow and it's seize instead of rout. Jerme has more lax requirements though across the board. Not sure how that matches up with the different items and enemies.

The main Rank that a promoted Sain has benefits on is tactics; by taking advantage of his extra Mov and higher Str/Spd, we can clear maps quicker than before. The kind of speed he provides with regard to turn counts isn't really necessary, but is obviously useful if one is trying to aim for the overall lowest turn counts (while completing everything else). I can see him shaving off at least a good 5-10 turns during HHM midgame, and possible more.

With regards to the EXP rank, not promoting Sain allows me to cycle my three cavs during HHM which should always give me access to a cavalier on every map. However, a different benefit of actually promoting Sain, one which I did not take advantage of on my previous playthrough, is that on early chapters, Sain can be used to meet the low EXP requirements exclusively, which will can probably help me keep the rest of the team (notably Florina) at lower levels, allowing for more use in HHM. In particular, combined with the fact that I am also going to try and push Lyn's level up a bit (both for this purpose and for an easier time reaching Linus Chapter 24), I can probably keep Florina/Erk and possibly even Kent's level significantly lower than before.

One way to minimize experience gains in Lyn's tale is by making sure that the same character (e.g. Sain) fights most of the battles and gets the killing blow on every boss. Sain can level up high enough to be promoted to Paladin pretty easily that way too, if that's your inclination (or not, if it's not).

In my playthough (in which, to be fair, I wasn't as much of a hardaß about getting maximum stars in every chapter), most of my characters were between levels 6 and 8 at the end of chapter 10, except Sain who was level 1 promoted.

I recommend letting Serra heal as much as she can and get as much experience as she can, firstly because she isn't competing for experience with anyone else, and secondly because no matter how much healing she does in Lyn's tale, and no matter how early you promote her to Bishop in the main tale, it's harder to get her to level 20 promoted than not.

There may be something to be said for the idea that every experience point Serra gains in Lyn's tale is one less that she can gain in Eliwood's or Hector's tale, but that's only an issue if she reaches level 20 promoted; and even for a female Bishop who gains more experience than most other classes, that isn't particularly likely.

Edited by Paper Jam

I recommend letting Serra heal as much as she can and get as much experience as she can, firstly because she isn't competing for experience with anyone else, and secondly because no matter how much healing she does in Lyn's tale, and no matter how early you promote her to Bishop in the main tale, it's harder to get her to level 20 promoted than not.

There may be something to be said for the idea that every experience point Serra gains in Lyn's tale is one less that she can gain in Eliwood's or Hector's tale, but that's only an issue if she reaches level 20 promoted; and even for a female Bishop who gains more experience than most other classes, that isn't particularly likely.

While I will be using Serra a good amount in LHM, this is more for staff EXP (I want to get her to B staves ASAP and then dump her for Priscilla once she is available in HHM) than actual EXP. You forget that once a healer promotes, the amount of EXP they gain from staves is halved upon promotion. In order to gain every last drop of EXP on chapters like Victory or Death, this actually means I want to keep Serra and Priscilla unpromoted and probably not much higher than level 10 for most of the game.

Edited by ruadath

On a different note, I now have two complete playthroughs for Chapter 4, both assuming we are taking the Sain promotes route (or at least the Sain hogs all the experience route). Both of them end up with Sain at Lv 7.64, having gained 410 out of the 450 required EXP, but the difference between them is whether or not I simply have Lyn get the required 40 EXP or get a full 100. The idea with the second one is to begin working on the Linus requirements from now, so that it becomes less of a hassle in HHM, while not really affecting anything in LHM since Lyn doesn't see extensive usage beyond Chapter 5 and 6 (killing Bug and Bool).

What do you guys think? I'm leaning toward the second one right now... (Sain also gets slightly better levels there)

Edited by ruadath

Chapter 4

To get the RNG to initialize in a good place, I waited on the scene where the team enters the fort until Florina showed up, then mashed Start to skip the cutscenes before she flew in.

Turn 1: Lyn moves 1 south and 2 east, Wil moves behind Natalie, Kent trades his second Iron Lance to Sain then moves west of Lyn. Sain moves 3 west and 4 south and attacks the brigand. Florina moves south of Lyn.

Enemy Turn 1: Dorcas attacks Lyn and misses. Two brigands attack Sain, including the one who Sain previously attacked (who dies). The merc also attacks Sain, giving him this reasonable level.

g2P8JLr.png

With 9 speed, Sain can now double all of the brigands, so everything else (except the archer) that attacks him dies and he nearly levels up again. His HP gets reduced to 8, however.

704DNIq.png

Turn 2: I burn an RN, then Sain attacks the bandit from the east with his Iron Lance for another level.

O8XeJw8.png

Lyn talks to Dorcas, Florina rescues her and moves south of Natalie, Kent drops Lyn south from below Florina and moves further behind Natalie, and Dorcas moves behind Lyn.

AfNlf5a.png

Enemy Turn 2: The merc misses Sain and gets killed by the Iron Lance. Both archers attack and hit Sain, reducing him to 6 HP.

Turn 3: Sain attacks the eastern archer (still Iron Lance) from the east Lyn kills the nearby brigand. Dorcas moves west of Lyn and takes the Iron Axe from her.

Enemy Turn 3: The other archer attacks Sain and drops him to 5 HP.

Turn 4: Sain attacks Carjiga from the conveniently located forest with his sword. Lyn remians where she is.

Enemy Turn 4: Carjiga attacks Sain and dies.

qpKtNK7.png

Finally, some Skill and Luck growth for Sain!

A merc attacks Lyn and gets killed. The archer misses Sain.

Turn 5: Lyn moves up and crit-kills the next merc. Dorcas moves back inside the fort with Natalie, and Sain kills the archer from the west (he gets to D in swords).

Enemy Turn 5: Another merc attacks Lyn and dies, as occurs with a bandit on Sain.

Turn 6: Sain moves onto the forest and kills the adjacent brigand. I burn 5 RNs, then Lyn kills a merc from his spawn spot.

d81uv0s.png

I burn 4 more RNs, then end the turn.

Enemy Turn 6: A brigand attacks Sain and dies, causing him to level up. Another brigand meets the same fate.

WyWHQyY.png

SAAAAAAAAAIN!

Turn 7: Lyn kills the newly spawned merc. Sain moves 3 west, 3 north so that he is in the range of all of the western enemies.

Enemy Turn 7: The two brigands and the merc attack Sain and die.

The other brigand attacks Sain and also dies. The western enemy merc also finally breaks the wall.

Edited by ruadath

Also, I suppose since I haven't done one of these yet:

Name:     Lv.XP HP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES
Lyn:      6.19  21  9   11  13  7   4   0
Sain:     7.64  25  14  6   12  7   8   1
Kent:     2.30  20  6   7   8   3   5   2
Florina:  1.41  BASE
Wil:      2.37  BASE
Dorcas:   3.00  BASE

Pretty lopsided, huh?