• Lowen
    • Rebecca
    • Sain
    • Florina
    • Raven
    • Canas
    • Other
  2. 2. When does the last mine get used?

• Chapter 26: Unfulfilled Heart (to get that Uber Spear!)
    • Chapter 28x: Night of Farewells (to help deal with all the general treasure getting madness)
    • Chapter 32: Victory or Death (we need all the help we can with this one!)
    • None! With sufficient skill and tactical genius (read: appropriate usage of the Silver Card and Hammerne Staff), we can eliminate the need for the last mine entirely!
  3. 3. What should the excess of funds in Chapter 9 of Lyn Mode be used for?

• Promote Sain!
    • Angelic Robe Florina!
    • Energy Ring Florina!

Just finishes replaying Chapter 10 (to reset the position). I'm not really sure what I did differently this time, since I didn't write a clear playthrough last time, but Lyn's levels were somehow better than before, so I guess that's cool. Here is a screenshot:

k9SlcDS.png

Chapter 11 and 12 should be exactly the same, so I'll just start off with 13 next time.

UPDATE: The other chapters were indeed the same, so yeah expect 13 (and the first mine glitch!) next time.

Edited by ruadath

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: As far as I can tell, it seems this is determined by the order of your units in Chapter 12, although I am not sure how this is determined. Furthermore, it appears that Hector, Eliwood, Marcus, Rebecca, Lowen, and Bartre all have their positions (and unit order) fixed, and that the variance is restricted to the units gained in Lyn Mode (Matthew, Serra, Dorcas).

Positions can also change depending on the mode (Eliwood/Hector) and whether or not Lyn mode is involved. Marcus is always on the farthest right on raw HHM for example.

Edited by Irysa

A couple of quick notes:

First a minor modification to the strategy to Chapter 12: Since Dorcas has a turn to spare, I spent the first having him trade his Iron Axe to Bartre for his Hand Axe. Although this seems kind of weird, it makes sense, since in the next chapter, Bartre travels with Hector and can give him the extra Iron Axe, while Dorcas travels with Lowen and the latter can give him the Iron Axe he purchases at the end of Chapter 12 on the first turn.

Secondly, it seems that my underleveled units (both Matthew from less use in LHM and everyone besides Rebecca who didn't level up in Chapter 12) can't handle all of the nearby enemies quickly enough to get Lowen to the village on turn 2. I should be able to fix this problem relatively easily by having Lowen village the village on turn 3 and then having someone (Dorcas?) trade him for it and drop it then.

Just curious, how do you guys feel about what should be allowed when using the mine glitch?

I've already decided that I won't be dropping weapons, or trading weapons unless specifically for funds (ranking) purposes. But do you think its fair game to have enemy units rescue others to incapacitate them? For example, can I have Boies rescue some random unit so the that Hector can ORKO him with Wolf Beil? Am I even allowed to move bosses off of their gate/throne? Or should I try to minimize any kind of abuse when mine tricking?

Let me know your thoughts on that.

Ugh, I finally got a clear of this chapter in 5 turns without moving Boies off the gate, dropping weapons, etc. and found that I was 1G short! I think I'm going to call it a night and work on this tomorrow.

Chapter 13

2MyUXcg.png

Here is my starting formation that I set up via LHM. I should also note that I didn't skip any of the intro cutscenes in order to get a better RNG seed.

Turn 1: The strategy starts off like normal, Oswin breaks the snag with his lance, Bartre moves onto the forest, Hector trade-equips Marcus with his Hand Axe, Marcus rescues Hector and moves onto the bridge 2 west of Oswin. Eliwood charges east, Dorcas rescues him from below, Lowen gives Dorcas an Iron Axe from the east, takes and drops Eliwood south, and then moves 2 south of the mountain. Matthew moves south of Rebecca, and Serra moves above Dorcas to end the turn.

QjbzcHN.png

Enemy Turn 1: The brigand attacks Matthew, misses, and gets doubled. A PK attacks Bartre and gets hurt. Another pair of PKs mince Lowen, although he counters both of them. The Steel Bow archer misses Lowen, and the Iron Bow one hits. The northern cav attacks Marcus with his Javelin and gets countered by Marcus' Hand Axe.

qUO4hjO.png

If Lowen didn't dodge that one attack he would have gotten killed. Yikes.

YGVe9qM.png

Speaking of Lowen, we should take this time to note that his combat rank is absolute terrible; 9 battles with no kills. However, this statistics belies his usefulness in weakening enemies so that weaker units like Rebecca and Eliwood can finish them off.

HOIVbzj.png

Turn 2: Eliwood moves onto the mountains and takes out the bandit from the west. Dorcas moves around and finishes the PK from above. Rebecca moves west of Dorcas and takes out the other PK. Bartre kills the cav who attacked Marcus from above, and Matthew moves south of Lowen and attacks the Iron Bow archer.

hLaYUAu.png

A great level for Matthew, though I hope he starts getting some Str growths soon.

Lowen gets his first kill by attacking the same archer from the south. Although this is awkward positioning, it's the only way to get the Steel Bow archer to burn enough RNs while moving so that he misses Lowen.

Serra moves above Dorcas, Oswin moves west of Marcus and gives him his Iron Lance.

com08YA.png

Marcus is carrying a lot of stuff! He really is a jack of all trades. He charges forward, gives the Hand Axe back to Hector, and hits the snag with his Iron Lance.

Enemy Turn 2: The injured PK attacks Bartre again and dies.

raHcwGr.png

Not a bad start for Bartre!

Another PK attacks Marcus and gets reduced to 1 HP. The Steel Bow archer retreats to the forests and misses Lowen. 273/750 EXP

Turn 3: Bartre moves west of Marcus, trades his Iron Axe for Hector's Hand Axe and kills the PK. Oswin moves north of Bartre, and Marcus moves as far south as he can along the east side of the castle, dropping Hector south (Iron Axe equipped). Serra heals Lowen from above, Matthew visits the village, Lowen moves below him, takes the mine and drops it west. Dorcas moves NE of the Steel Bow archer and attacks with the Hand Axe. Rebecca does the same from above with her bow, also getting hit by the counter and has her HP reduced to 4. Eliwood moves west of Serra.

RFyQyQP.png

Enemy Turn 3: The Steel Bow archer attacks Rebecca but misses, and she reduces him to 1 HP. A cav attacks Hector and gets hurt by his counter. Another cav attacks Marcus, who misses one of his counters; this is a good thing, because we need the extra EXP. The PK attacks Matthew, missing, but Matthew also only hits one of his counters. Then the other cav triggers the mine, and we perform our first mine glitch!

uPEUa9D.png

Now we're in control of the enemy units (for one turn)! First things first, we need to get a bunch of expensive weaponry to Guy in order to boost our funds rank to get the 5 star. We move the archer near Boise to the SW corner of the map and have him trade away his Iron Bow and Vulnerary to the nearby PK, who has a Steel Lance. The PK then flies south of Guy and offloads her inventory onto Guy

pxKurXJ.png

We're not done yet, though! Guy charges east and the two archers near him fork over their bows over to Guy in exchange for a Vulnerary from the south and the east. This makes the total value of Guy's inventory 3400G, which is 200G short of what is necessary to 5 star the chapter. Combining this with the Torch (500G) and a Vulnerary (300G) that Matthew will steal from one of the archers on the last turn, this gives us a good amount of 600G to spend during the chapter. We've already spent 247G though, and we still have 370 more EXP to earn!

3OiR36E.png

Alright, 3 enemy units left to move (I've decided moving Boies off the gate is cheating). The Hand Axe bandit closest to Eliwood's group attacks Rebecca from 2 west of her.

tv6bqYb.png

She has really been living on the edge this turn, dodging both a Steel Bow attack and this! The other two enemy units can't attack, but positioning them is important so that they do what I want them to on the next enemy phase. The other Hand Axe bandit moves west of Guy, while the soldier moves 2 north (so that he goes after Hector and not Eliwood's group.

Turn 4: Alright, this turn is essential for EXP gains, taking out Boies, and recruiting Guy. We've also got a couple of level ups to handle; there is a lot going on this turn. We begin by having Matthew recruit Guy from above.

2dyTeln.png

The RNG is actually set up right now for a critical for anyone who has 8 Skl or higher. Unfortunately (besides Marcus) the only person who can take advantage of this is... Dorcas? he moves 3 spaces west and finishes off the Hand Axe bandit

OLUSYpT.png

by becoming a blur on the screen. Eliwood moves south and takes out the 1 HP Steel Bow archer.

aowINgO.png

A great level for Eliwood. We've got a few of these coming up. Rebecca moves east and takes out the PK

YW3IIaP.png

Up north, Oswin visits the village with Merlinus for a torch, and Bartre charges down, equipping his Iron Axe.

We now need to decide how to deal with Boies. Since he's on the gate, Hector can't kill him with two Wolf Beil blows (unless he criticals), and we can't even afford that! Which means, we have only one option...

fnJysZ5.png

Silver Lance!Marcus is here to save the day again! Unfortunately, he can't ORKO, but 3 Silver Lance uses (180G) is still cheaper than one use of Wolf Beil!

Serra heals Rebecca from the east.

asSC24I.png

Guy moves west of Matthew, takes his Iron Sword (in exchange for a bow), and attacks the brigand below him. Hector moves a space east and kills the cav that attacked Marcus with his Iron Axe.

TAM6nI1.png

Lowen won't be doing anything this turn. And out of the chaos that occurred last turn, we've actually ended with a pretty good formation! Our main physical fighters have blockaded the enemies in the south, and the cav behind them can only hits Rebecca who can take one hit thanks to Serra healing her. 531/750 EXP, 147G remaining.

Enemy Turn 4: Boies attacks Marcus.

O0TlJWa.png

MARCUS! What a beast! It's funny how this playthrough his Silver Lance has replaced Hector's Wolf Beil as the primary boss killer.

The nearby soldier attacks Hector...

fLHAuv6.png

and the leveling streak continues!

The nearby cav attacks Bartre, taking him down to 3 HP, but in turn getting reduced to 1 HP. The other cav attacks Rebecca and the newly spawned Hand Axe bandit misses Matthew. 607/750 EXP, with 69G remaining.

Turn 5: Alright, time to earn the remaining 143 EXP within our budget and then have Hector seize the empty gate. First of all Bartre kills the cav who attacked him. Matthew moves below Eliwood and steals a Vulnerary from the archer, then Dorcas attacks that archer. Guy attacks the Hand Axe bandit below him, and Rebecca finishes him off from above.

6wUMaeI.png

At this point, we have 60 EXP left to gain, and 25G to do it, not to mention only Lowen and Eliwood who can fight. Thankfully, they can get the job done by each killing an enemy. Lowen burns a couple of RNs (again, the only time this is done in the chapter), then kills the archer that Dorcas weakened.

3k3naka.png

Now the bandit that Guy attacked on the previous turn has retreated to a fort on the bottom of the map. Thankfully, with Lowen having taken out the archer, there is a clear path for Eliwood to get to him; he does so and finishes him off. Hector seizes to clear the map!

750/750 EXP! 7G remaining!

Edited by ruadath

An extremely minor change to the above strategy that just positioned Lowen a bit differently at the end of turn 4 so that he gained an extra round of support points with Rebecca I'm not really sure if this is important, but whatever. Also because of this, the brigand attacks Lowen instead of Matthew (a change of 1 EXP point between the two) and I had to burn one less RN for Lowen's level (since the brigand hit Lowen, instead of missing Matthew).

While I'm at it, here are the stats after that last battle:

Name:     Lv.XP  HP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES    W/B
Hector:    5.02  23  10  4   8   6   11  0     9/22
Eliwood:   2.67  19  6   6   8   7   6   0     4/7
Marcus:    2.04  32  16  16  12  8   11  9     5/9
Rebecca:   3.30  18  6   7   8   4   3   2     6/10
Lowen:     3.18  24  8   5   8   4   8   0     2/13
Bartre:    3.75  30  10  6   4   4   4   0     4/8
Oswin:     9.26  BASE                          2/3
Guy:       3.20  BASE                          0/2
Matthew:   5.26  21  5   6   14  4   5   0     3/9
Serra:     5.07  20  5   7   10  8   3   7     0/0
Dorcas:    5.77  32  9   8   6   3   4   0     2/4
Edited by ruadath

I think you should minimize abuse while using the mine trick but that's just me.

Yep, that's what I did! Boies stayed on his gate, nobody dropped their weapon (or did anything equally stupid), and every enemy who was in range to attack (and wasn't used give Guy funds) did so. I'm pretty satisfied with the above run. How about you?

Thanks! That means a lot! I'm always happy to know people are enjoying the run.

I'm probably going to try out something radically different than last time for Chapter 13x. Instead of holing up on the middle island and playing defensively, I'm probably going to try and kill Puzon with Marcus or something like that.

The RNG is actually set up right now for a critical for anyone who has 8 Skl or higher. Unfortunately (besides Marcus) the only person who can take advantage of this is... Dorcas?

I'm... so confused right now. Any perspective I may have had prior to reading that sentence has entirely shifted. And I just got a Wil with 11 speed at level 10.

How many HHM (non-zero requirement) chapters are impossible to get max stars on without glitching? Or is it difficult to tell until you actually play the chapter, as with C13? I suppose you could try to calculate how much gold you're using while planning out your strategies, but it's never possible to be sure.

Also, I can't wait for the Silver Card. It's always so satisfying to see your funds rank shoot up (or in your case, become much easier to attain) by buying inventories upon inventories of Silver/Killer weapons. Plus, it allows you to spam Physics and Barriers on any level with an easily accessible Armor/Vendor/Secret Shop, which provides extra EXP, WEXP, res boosts (!), distance healing, and faster clears.

So far, this run has been great. Some of these strategies are pure genius. I've been really enjoying this!

Edited by PanneKnight

I'm... so confused right now. Any perspective I may have had prior to reading that sentence has entirely shifted. And I just got a Wil with 11 speed at level 10.

Well, Dorcas starts off with 7 Skl at level 3, and has a 40% growth, so at level 5, it's not THAT surprising that he has gotten at least one proc.

How many HHM (non-zero requirement) chapters are impossible to get max stars on without glitching? Or is it difficult to tell until you actually play the chapter, as with C13? I suppose you could try to calculate how much gold you're using while planning out your strategies, but it's never possible to be sure.

As far as I can tell, it's just Chapter 13 and Chapter 19x (and the defense chapters that aren't Pirate Ship or the one with Eubans, but even glitching can't save you there). Once you get the Silver Card, it should be possible to get the max funds rank on every chapter, since if the amount of money available in the chapter is too low, we can simply buy enough stuff to counteract this. I will, for example, be using this when recruiting Farina.

Also, I can't wait for the Silver Card. It's always so satisfying to see your funds rank shoot up (or in your case, become much easier to attain) by buying inventories upon inventories of Silver/Killer weapons. Plus, it allows you to spam Physics and Barriers on any level with an easily accessible Armor/Vendor/Secret Shop, which provides extra EXP, WEXP, res boosts (!), distance healing, and faster clears.

So far, this run has been great. Some of these strategies are pure genius. I've been really enjoying this!

Yeah, me too! Silver Card strategies will be fun, and I look forward to getting there! And thanks for the support; I'm glad you're enjoying the run!

Oh, it's Dorcas with the 7 skill and Bartre with 5. Oops.

Another thought- does waiting out defense chapters that can't be ended early make it impossible get five stars for tactics? Yeesh, that's harsh. Also, are there any chapters in which the EXP requirement is impossible to fulfill (at least, without sacrificing combat or tactics)? I.e. it would be impossible to cycle in lower levelled units without having a slower clear or relying on enemies to miss? EXP is really the only rank in which this would be likely to happen, I think.

Another thought- does waiting out defense chapters that can't be ended early make it impossible get five stars for tactics? Yeesh, that's harsh. Also, are there any chapters in which the EXP requirement is impossible to fulfill (at least, without sacrificing combat or tactics)? I.e. it would be impossible to cycle in lower levelled units without having a slower clear or relying on enemies to miss? EXP is really the only rank in which this would be likely to happen, I think.

Not only do the defense chapters make it impossible to 5-star, they are all (except for Battle Before Dawn) impossible to 4-star as well! This is because, with the exception of BBD, the tactics requirements for these chapters are flat; they are all the same number of turns for the 2-5 star ranks, so by going over (which is impossible to avoid), you automatically get dropped down to 1 star in tactics and stars overall!

As for the EXP rank, the answer is that I'm not yet sure. As far as I know, no one (so far) has managed to achieve the ridiculous EXP requirements in Victory or Death and Light (Cog of Destiny also has a ridiculous requirement, but I think it's been reached) within the given turn limits. I have some tentative strategies for both of them, but we'll see how it plays out!

Another minor change to the previous strategy for Chapter 13: when Guy trades Matthew for his Iron Sword, instead of giving him a bow, he gives him the Steel Lance. This allows Oswin access to the Steel Lance on turn 1 of Chapter 13x, which is useful for my strategy there.

One annoying thing about keeping everyone at lower levels is that no one can double enemies (except Matthew, Guy, and Marcus), which makes clearing through the swaths of enemies in HHM much more difficult.

Alright, I've got a couple of tentative clears of Chapter 13x. Matthew stole 3 out of the 4 Vulneraries on the map, and Marcus continued his boss-killing streak by slaying Puzon. Eliwood and Hector achieved their C support, and in general I used formations throughout the chapter to help build other supports (this is what defense maps are good for).

Because this is a defense map, I can't end it early, and since this means I automatically take a 1 star on tactics, I am reduced to a maximum of 3 stars on the chapter; due to this, I can also afford to not make the experience rank (assuming I make the funds rank). Thus I have two clears of the chapter, one where I let some of my lower level units get extra kills near the end to (just barely) hit 700 EXP, and the other where I let Marcus kill as many enemies as possible.

Which one would you guys prefer me to post and use for the rest of the run?

Chapter 13x

MeoKx8q.png

Here is the starting formation that I redid Chapter 10 of Lyn Mode to get. You may have noticed that my formation in Chapter 13 was slightly suboptimal; it would have been preferable for Matthew and Dorcas to have had their positions switched, as it would have allowed for everyone to advance a step close, and possibly for Rebecca to have gotten a shot off at the enemy brigand on the first turn before getting rescue-dropped to safety. This would have made it possible for Lowen to get to the Mine village on turn 2. However, I battled through it because I wanted Matthew have this position for Chapter 13x, so that he can steal the Vulnerary from the archer with minimal effort.

Turn 1: As mentioned previously, we begin by having Matthew steal the Vulnerary from the archer, then Hector stays where he is and rescues him. Lowen attacks the myrmidon with his Iron Lance, Bartre attacks the archer with his Axe, and Rebecca finishes off the myrmidon from south of Lowen. Eliwood moves south of Hector, Oswin moves east of Hector, takes Matthew's Steel Lance, and take-drops Matthew east. Marcus bashes the snag with his Iron sword from the west, and everyone else moves up as follows.

JYkJb0z.png

As you can see, people are positioned for some support point building. Furthermore, one of the major changes I made to my strategy compared to the last playthrough is to have Dorcas steal more EXP by handling the southern bandits instead of Guy.

Enemy Turn 1: Some snags are broken, a merc misses Lowen, a couple of brigands charge Marcus and die. Another brigand attacks Dorcas but misses, a mage blasts Eliwood, an archer attacks Bartre, and another archer attacks Hector for no damage.

QW0wasr.png

Turn 2: Lowen attacks the merc, Steel Lance!Oswin one-shots the mage from below.

FIetmEC.png

Guy doubles the archer from above Oswin, I burn 2 RNs, and then Bartre kills the archer above him for a level

q6MaMe4.png

Nice to see him get some defense!

Rebecca kills the merc, I burn 3 more RNs, and then Dorcas finishes the brigand for a level

nJoQjp3.png

Dorcas finally procs speed. Matthew moves onto the forest on the northern landmass, sighting the nomads north of Marcus, who kills the closest one from the west with his sword. Hector rescues Guy, Serra heals Eliwood, and Eliwood moves to where he was and finishes off the archer.

iZryYaX.png

Enemy Turn 2: Two Steel Axe brigands suicides on Marcus, a myrmidon attacks Eliwood, and another myrmidon attacks Marcus. A Hand Axe brigand misses Dorcas, a nomad hits Marcus, and another nomad hits Bartre.

Oy4QGWG.png

Turn 3: One RN is burned, then Bartre moves up a space and attacks the nomad, and Rebecca finishes him from below.

kwaDfQv.png

Eliwood moves east of Hector, then Serra moves east of Eliwood and heals him. Lowen moves east of Oswin, gives him his Iron Lance, takes and drops Guy east, and then cantos north above Hector. Matthew steals the vulnerary from the myrmidon, then Hector rescues him, and Oswin kills the myrmidon.

SfklIqx.png

Dorcas takes a step east and attacks the brigand, and Marcus moves one space south and kills the nomad with his Iron Lance.

Enemy Turn 3: Puzon moves out to attack Marcus

WUSP4xK.png

He dishes out a fair bit of damage, but takes a good chunk as well.

A myrmidon attacks Marcus and gets one-shotted. A brigand attacks Oswin, the Hand Axe bandit misses Dorcas (apparently untouchable this chapter), another Hand Axe bandit hits Marcus, and a nomad strikes Dorcas.

Turn 4: First of all, Oswin and Dorcas kill the brigands that attacked them, and Marcus kills Puzon to stem the flow of enemy reinforcements. Eliwood trades his Iron Sword to Matthew and gets his C support with Hector, then Hector gives Matthew to Lowen. Lowen moves 2 NE, takes the Iron Sword from Matthew, then drops him south and cantos one east. Guy moves south of Matthew, Rebecca moves west of Lowen (support building), Serra heals Bartre from below, and Bartre moves north of Rebecca.

Q8943ga.png

Enemy Turn 4: A brigand attacks Lowen and a merc attacks Marcus; neither die on the counter. A mage attacks Marcus

7xmgWLn.png

One of the many good things we love about Marcus: high Res! A Hand Axe brigand misses Lowen, whose combat record continues to suck, and a Hand Axe bandit hits Marcus. The nomad near Dorcas rides around him to attack Merlinus but both his shots miss.

bEweCwk.png

Turn 5: Matthew steals yet another Vulnerary from east of Bartre; this means we've gotten all of them except for the one that Puzon carried. Bartre attacks the same brigand from above, and Rebecca finishes him off from the forest to the south. Marcus moves south of Bartre and kills the brigand below him with his lance, then Lowen moves one east, but doesn't attack. Guy moves south of Matthew.

GeqtxkM.png

Oswin attacks the nomad from the west and Dorcas finishes him off from the south. Serra moves between the two of them and heals Dorcas.

Enemy Turn 5: Two brigands attacks Marcus; he kills the first one immediately with a critical and kills the other by doubling him. A mage roasts Bartre and a Hand Axe bandit misses him.

Turn 6: Guy doubles the eastern Hand Axe bandit from below. Notice that he has only had 4 battles so far and has yet to get a kill; I'm limiting his use on purpose so we have another strong low level unit to churn EXP later. It also conserves Iron Sword uses, which is useful for later on. Rebecca moves east of Guy and finishes the bandit. Bartre moves south of her, Guy below Matthew, and Lowen east of Rebecca. Marcus crit-kill one shots the mage from below.

Dorcas moves onto the west bridge sighting an enemy brigand. Oswin moves west of him, and Serra heals him from below.

Enemy Turn 6: The enemy brigand trades blows with Dorcas, and the Hand Axe bandit hits Marcus, reducing him to 6 HP.

Turn 7: Marcus attacks the Hand Axe bandit from below, missing one of his hits and dodging the counter. Rebecca finishes him off.

W60nPP3.png

Almost to level 3 but not quite for Marcus. I'm not sure if we get support bonuses on the last turn (since the game counts an extra player phase at the end of defense chapters), so I have Lowen rescue Rebecca and move next to Marcus. Bartre visits the village, Dorcas finishes off the brigand near him, and Serra heals him.

Enemy Turn 7: Nothing happens. Chapter clear! For reference, I got 659/700 EXP and 5284/4800G

It's worth noting a couple of questions I have about the strategy for the last chapter:

- There were a couple of enemies at the end of the map who had the opportunity to get killed either by Dorcas or Oswin. I fed these kills to Dorcas since I figured I would be dropping him from my team sooner while Oswin stays on a while longer. Do you guys think that was the correct choice? Or would you have let Oswin soak up as much EXP as possible?

- Also near the end of the map, there were enemies that I had Rebecca kill that could have been dealt with by Marcus. I did this so that Rebecca gained extra WEXP (since I want to rush her to B bows and then dump her until New Resolve were she'll Brave Bow spam), but do you think this is a good idea?

Oswin getting more EXP now means less later, so I think that was the right choice.

I would honestly Hammerne the Rapier rather than the Brave Bow, if only because Eliwood is forced for a few chapters and that would greatly increase his utility.

Are you planning to post the playthrough where you made EXP rank?

Are you planning to post the playthrough where you made EXP rank?

No, the only real difference is that Bartre and Lowen team up to kill one additional enemy (the mage) instead of Marcus. I don't need to make the EXP rank anyway since I can only 3 star the chapter anyway, so I figure less EXP for the rest of the team is better.

I would honestly Hammerne the Rapier rather than the Brave Bow, if only because Eliwood is forced for a few chapters and that would greatly increase his utility.

Perhaps. At least training Rebecca now lets me procrastinate that decision a bit longer, and if I decide not to use her, she can serve a role like Dorcas, helping keep the rest of the party at a low level (at least for the first few chapters)

Oswin getting more EXP now means less later, so I think that was the right choice.

This was my thinking as well, although Oswin doesn't see a ton of use thanks to his low mobility, and through Pirate Ship, he's not gaining much EXP anyway due to being at least 5 levels ahead of enemies, so having an extra 30 or 40 EXP probably won't hurt him. One possible reason for sticking with Dorcas could be getting enough EXP in the next chapter if I try to rush it. But I don't anticipate this being a problem.

Edited by ruadath

So far for HHM, I've hit the low turn counts for all of the maps. Chapter 14, however, may pose a problem, as I'm not sure that I can clear the map with few enough kills for Marcus to meet the EXP rank in 4 turns. In particular, Marcus has to make a rush for the NW corner of the map and he'll probably aggro a lot of enemies while doing so. Lowen probably has to go for the southern cavs, with the possibility of some reinforcement from Hector, and somehow Guy/Eliwood have to clear the bottom of the map. I'll give it a try, but not sure that it will work out.