Series 3 Packaging Preview and Release Date

Hardin

Nintendo has revealed that Series 3 of Cipher will be releasing December 10, with Path of Radiance receiving a starter deck, and the Invisible Kingdom cards will be shared in the booster.

As such they have also uploaded some tiny pics of the packaging, showing off Ike in his fancy Lord outfit.

item_3rd%2001.pngitem_3rd%2002.png

Ike looks good in his main card!

Oh, and here were me thinking that Series 3 would be Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn, but nop, Invisible Kingdom it is! Wonder which characters from PoR will appear, but probably willinclude the Greil Mercenaries + Elincia

I only hope Oboro's card is part of series 2, because I don't want to bought like 3 booster pack boxes of series 3 and ending with lot of the same card from PoR just for trying to get her cards :cry:

Isn't December like too far away? I mean I get that they won't be realeasing sets monthly because they have a limited number of games (if they don't start making more original characters) but 3 months? that's a lot of waiting time

3 months is kind of standard waiting time between TCG sets, as far as I'm aware. It's the same for Pokémon, at least. If you release too many cards too quickly, people don't have enough money to buy all of them and it becomes more difficult to formulate strategies with cards (since new cards are constantly being added).

Why doesn't the Tellius deck include both PoR and RD? That's just dumb. Separating the two is just weird when they're very closely connected.

Edited by Anacybele

Why doesn't the Tellius deck include both PoR and RD? That's just dumb. Separating the two is just weird when they're very closely connected.

While I don't disagree, the series on the whole seems to be strictly Path of Radiance and Invisible Kingdom. Putting in RD stuff when the booster packs will also lack it would be a bit off.

This series covers Path of Radiance and Invisible Kingdom and the starter deck is called "Path of Radiance Chapter". It's not a "Tellius" series or "Tellius" deck.

As for why, well it's probably to spread out the expansions a bit more. If they did all the expansions on a continental basis, they'd be over in around 5 expansions, versus 10.

Also, I don't think it's "dumb". It doesn't hurt anyone that the Radiant Dawn characters aren't included, especially considering it's inevitable they'll turn up in a later expansion.

If anything, it's better to have it like this, otherwise you'd potentially have a very bloated expansion with lots of characters cut out to make room.

Edited by VincentASM

I get that, but I just think that if they release cards for one continent, all the games taking place in it should be covered instead of scattering them all over the place. It makes it seem more organized and all.

EDIT: this was directed at NoNameAtAll.

Red Fox: I can't agree. It does hurt Tellius fans that prefer RD, and prefer to have Tellius all together, like me. I love PoR, but I want RD cards more and I want all versions of Ike, Elincia, etc. Though, there's still no word that the cards will be localized, it's certainly possible.

Edited by Anacybele

I understand your annoyance, but it's too late to complain is what I'm trying to say.

You could clearly see from Series 1, which featured Shadow Dragon and Awakening--and not Mystery of Emblem, that the developers weren't going to focus on grouping the characters by continent, but by game.

We also know that Series 4 features Mystery of the Emblem, so Radiant Dawn will almost definitely be in a later series. You will get them eventually, so I don't really see the big deal. What about those of us waiting for, say, cards from Jugdral, which still haven't shown up?

Tellius probably could have filled an expansion on its own if it wasn't combined with IK, but being a combined set, it's probably best to make sure that it's (at least) 2 sets, or a lot of characters would get cut. I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty certain there's more Tellius characters than Awakening characters, and even several Awakening characters were cut from Series 1, and more that only appeared in the pre-constructed decks. There are probably Fates characters that were cut from Series 2 and will appear as part of IK in Series 3. Anything that gives us more cards with more characters and that beautiful artwork is fine by me.

EDIT: And I am totally holding my breath for Jugdral cards, for sure. I'll be splurging a lot on those once they're out. >_>

Edited by Kirie

If FE4 and FE5 are separated, then I'd think that's being mean to Jugdral fans too.

And Kirie is right, Tellius could've been its own expansion. Also, why is Awakening getting two sets? That's unfair. A game we haven't seen yet like the GBA ones need a turn.

Edited by Anacybele

It's also easier to build on sets already released than to invent new archetypes and mechanics. It's also better marketing to slightly skew focus towards the latest, most publicly popular games.

It's quite self-entitled to complain about it when there's a large group of people painfully waiting for Jugdral and Elibe.