Animation questions and other important questions

Singaara

Hi I'm everyone friendly pal Singaara. This is where I am going to ask all my questions about fe7 and fe8 hacking. So warning I may spell something wrong and spell check may not help at times so bare with me ok. Well first question, do anyone know how to edit the title screen for fe7and fe8. I don't know where to start on how to do it, if anyone willing to teach me. I'll own you one. Question two, is anyone willing to teach or help me out on making my sprite sheets to an animations. I can sprite, I can draw, I can program things on nightmare but making animation not my strong suit well Ty for your time everyone.

Edited by Singaara

For FE8: title screen background is split in two pieces, at AA7760 and AA9708 (somewhere around image 1728 in GBAGE). Palette is at AAB3F4. Cut up your custom background in the exact same way and insert the two pieces using GBAGE. The other title screen graphics (e.g. the two dragons, the FIRE EMBLEM title) are also around there, replace them with blank images if you don't them to show.

The Ultimate Tutorial has a guide for GBAGE, go read it and this should make sense to you.

For FE8: title screen background is split in two pieces, at AA7760 and AA9708 (somewhere around image 1728 in GBAGE).

Palette is at AAB3F4.

I love you even more lol.

Ty for the offsets I did need that but there any other offsets I need like the color palette

The saved bitmap image comes with the palette.

But, opening the image in MS-paint will make the palette have only 16 colours and not properly work when you try to re-insert the image

while opening it in Unsenti will retain all 256 (16x16) colors from the original palette.

Also don't touch those "pink" areas on the bitmap.

Finally, no more than 15 colours in both images (15 same colors for both i think ? not sure on this)

tl;dr

edit the images straight in Unsenti using the available palette it comes with

"pink" areas - leave them alone !

put the images in free space and repoint graphics, don't transfer palette.

From the Ultimate tutorial read Ch.45 first, then Ch.19, then Ch.27 .

And read post #17+20 (same idea)

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56224

Edited by BrightVega

Thanks. well I have new question what the offsets of all the abilities and what they do in fe8. I'm having a hard time find them all on nightmare, so I'm think to trying asm hack to do some ability searching. Also what the offset to the healing items on fe8 to change them around.