Fire Emblem Fates Conquest Chapter 10/Birthright Chapter 13 GameXplain 20 Minute Footage

AbsoluteZer0Nova

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone's gonna mention Felicia's Voice actor

(Welp someone beat me)

Still watching it atm, I like Arthur's voice actor, fits him in my opinion

As for Felicia, they should switch her voice with Nyx's maybe.

Edited by Manakete Morgan

I thought Belka's (Or Beruka's I guess) voice would be deeper, but that's just me (just based on reading about her personality)

Edited by Manakete Morgan

I didn't think Felicia's English voice could manage to be worse than her JP voice, but somehow Treehouse managed to do it.

At least her JP voice matched her appearance

I didn't think Felicia's English voice could manage to be worse than her JP voice, but somehow Treehouse managed to do it.

I'd say they're about equal. They're really both polar opposites: her JP voice is way too high-pitched and seems like it's screeching about nearly everything, while the English version is too deep and just sounds bored.

Hopefully her combat quotes will sound better. If not, then one has to wonder what happened with the voice direction here.

Felicia please. Another case of voice ≠ appearance.

Since when did Silas sound... British? Excuse my lack of telling what accent is what.

I'm honestly glad that Oboro and Hinata are the same. Really, really glad.

I'd say they're about equal. They're really both polar opposites: her JP voice is way too high-pitched and seems like it's screeching about nearly everything, while the English version is too deep and just sounds bored.

Hopefully her combat quotes will sound better. If not, then one has to wonder what happened with the voice direction here.

If I knew Felicia was going to sound this deep in English, I would've just casted Keith David or Morgan Freeman for the character.

WOAH

31eb16f377.jpg

Crimson = Scarlet

and Pegasus Knight = Sky Knight

wowww

From what I've seen on GameFAQs, there is also Yuugiri -> Reina, Tsukuyomi -> Hayato, Saizo, Kagero, and Crimson -> Scarlet, as far as localized names go.

I think Scarlet is nice change, i mean it. I like "Scarlet" name. XD

Welp. That ign player was smart. Elise tank strategy for ch10...pretty legit.

On a more serious note. The voices on display overall were good. I liked Silas's and Arthur's the most. Beruka caught me ofggaurd but it wasn't necessarily bad, reminded me off noire. Nyx made me wtf, I wasn't expecting it to be that high pitched. Camilla I need to hear more and Felicia will take some adjusting her

situation is similar to sumias I feel

EDIT: Gamexplain not ign oops

Edited by Tactician. D

Uh, why is Pegasus Knight not Pegasus Knight anymore? It was always Pegasus Knight in English before. That's stupid. And why not just Fox instead of Kitsune? Fox is just simpler and nicer, imo.

Hans = yes, we have a character who shares his name with a Frozen character now. :D (just give me an Elsa and Kristoff now!)

Edited by Anacybele

"Saizo" or something like that was expected.

"Sky Knight" is certainly interesting; they are a bit bulkier than in past games, and I can see cavalier parallels.

"Kaden" I'm scratching my head on.

At least Felicia's combat quotes sound decent.

EDIT:

From what I've seen on GameFAQs, there is also Yuugiri -> Reina, Tsukuyomi -> Hayato, Saizo, Kagero, and Crimson -> Scarlet, as far as localized names go.

Reina is Spanish for queen, so there's something.

The Hayato were a tribe of Japanese in ancient Japan.

As already said, Scarlet makes more sense as a name than Crimson.

The only name that a google search hasn't turned up a satisfactory answer for is Kaden.

Edited by The DanMan

"Saizo" or something like that was expected.

"Sky Knight" is certainly interesting; they are a bit bulkier than in past games, and I can see cavalier parallels.

"Kaden" I'm scratching my head on.

At least Felicia's combat quotes sound decent.

According to Google, Kaden has multiple meanings, but the Arabic meaning, Companion, is the thing that makes the most sense for his personality.