FE5 PM 0% growths, SSS rank with commentary (complete)

dondon151

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, started 29th of January, almost 29 December now. Is that the day you will finish this? I thought you did SD much quicker, any reason why this game took ages to comment on?

okay dude please stop pestering me to finish faster. i've put up with this for almost the entire playthrough and i acknowledge that you don't like FE5 very much, but i'm trying as hard as i can.

if you haven't noticed, the chapters are longer in this game and the gameplay is overall slower because of the SNES engine. this results in longer chapters that require a lot more time to commentate and edit. mekkah and i are separated by 7 hours and my work/education occupies me during the day on weekdays and sometimes on weekends, so we're lucky to get to record once a week.

Edited by dondon151

And recording is more time consuming than most people would think, especially considering those scheduling conflicts. You're almost there, though, so that'll be pretty hype.

I cannot even imagine how many hours went into a single video. My guess is that per chapter planning, restarts, and everything along with footage, editing, and stuff it was like 8-24 hours per video maybe? 24 might be a bit overhaul, but 8 hours seems reasonable. Not to mention how many hours might have gone into using software tools you are not familiar with.

Generally, I think it's a bad idea to ask about when free content is coming (unless it's been like a year or something with no explanation, in which case, its probably okay to ask politely). In the best case, you are going to get ex explanation like "this takes time to make", and at worst, you will make the author feel bad for no good reason. They are doing whatever they are doing for fun and to entertain you. Making them feel bad for no reason is just not a nice thing to do. If you are paying for content on patrion or kickstarter or something, then it may be different, but you are NOT entitled to free content.

Endgame is completed in 3 turns.

Chapter information

Important weapons and items

030.gifMareeta’s Sword (マリータの剣)
Prf rank sword | 1 rng | 6 WT | 11 MT | 70 hit | 20 crit | attacks twice; grants Nihil skill to user

Mareeta’s Sword is a ridiculously good sword, but it’s locked to a not-ridiculously-good unit. Even at base, Mareeta is more than capable of mauling an enemy dark mage while giving her +20 support bonus to Galzus.

Mechanics notes

The 12 (or 6) Deadlords

Fire Emblem’s battle system is not conducive to epic boss battles, so most of the difficulty in a game’s final chapter is in the chapter design. The gimmick of FE5’s endgame involves 6 trigger tiles guarded by minibosses and located behind doors that are themselves guarded by dark mages. The player must open the door, defeat the dark mages and the minibosses, and end a unit’s turn on the magic circle. Once all magic circles have been triggered, Veld reveals himself at the end of the subsequent enemy phase.

The 6 minibosses guarding the magic circles are part of a group termed the Deadlords (or Dark Warlords). There are supposed to be 12 of them, but FE5’s endgame only uses 6. In the original Japanese, they are named by the numbers 1 through 12 in German. FE13’s legacy localizations renamed them after the zodiac signs. Each Deadlord is created from another person, hence Eins is created from Raydrik (and has a zombified version of Raydrik’s portrait), and if you didn’t recruit or let die certain units, they become the Deadlords.

This run was fantastic and that was a heck of a conclusion. Good job, fellas.

Hyped for FE12 and SilverTier units all over the place

Congrats on finishing the run! FE5 is one of my favourite games in the series (despite uh...never finishing it whoops), so it was cool to watch it played under such constraints. Is FE12 still going to be H1?