Double Attack Threshold

Philranger

I have a few questions about double attacking.

1. Effective Speed. If the weapon you have does not alter this (i.e. like a Steel weapon lowering it) is this value just your speed stat after any other random alterations like Shuriken reductions or pair up boosts?

2. What is the double attack threshold? Same as Awakening but sub Effective Speed for Speed (Your ES - Opp ES >= 5)? (obviously some weapons can't double attack and at least one skill prevents it as well).

3. When you're in Attack Stance will the support unit attack twice if the lead unit attacks twice? Like will the support unit follow up each lead attack with a single dual strike or will it only apply to the first hit? I'm assuming they fixed the ridiculousness that was Brave Weapons on dual strikes in Awakening?

4. Kind of random but I've been operating under the assumption that when I'm looking at my units that red stats mean lowered and blue stats mean raised. Then I remembered that when Pokemon started displaying the stat increases/reductions due to natures that blue meant lowered and red meant raised. So which is it?

I have a few questions about double attacking.

1. Effective Speed. If the weapon you have does not alter this (i.e. like a Steel weapon lowering it) is this value just your speed stat after any other random alterations like Shuriken reductions or pair up boosts?

2. What is the double attack threshold? Same as Awakening but sub Effective Speed for Speed (Your ES - Opp ES >= 5)? (obviously some weapons can't double attack and at least one skill prevents it as well).

3. When you're in Attack Stance will the support unit attack twice if the lead unit attacks twice? Like will the support unit follow up each lead attack with a single dual strike or will it only apply to the first hit? I'm assuming they fixed the ridiculousness that was Brave Weapons on dual strikes in Awakening?

4. Kind of random but I've been operating under the assumption that when I'm looking at my units that red stats mean lowered and blue stats mean raised. Then I remembered that when Pokemon started displaying the stat increases/reductions due to natures that blue meant lowered and red meant raised. So which is it?

2. If you click speed it says you need 5 higher to attack twice when the threshold isn't changed.

Just wanted to add one thing since you're asking questions about the double attack system if you raise or lower your threshold it doesn't affect the enemy's double attack. Raising it just means you're able to double attack with less for instance +3 you only need 2 higher speed to double attack, but if you lower it for instance the -3 from Steel then you need 8 higher to double attack however the enemy still need 5 higher than your actual speed stat (if they have no modifiers). Javelins say weak to follow up attacks meaning they raise your opponents threshold making it easier for them to double attack. Javelin increases the enemies double attack threshold by 5 so an enemy with equal speed gets 2 attacks.

Dual Attacks never happen more than once per battle in this game, even if your unit Doubles the opponent.

Some weapons also make it that you cannot double attack PERIOD. (Or activate crits or skills for that matter)

Edited by shadowofchaos

2. If you click speed it says you need 5 higher to attack twice when the threshold isn't changed.

Just wanted to add one thing since you're asking questions about the double attack system if you raise or lower your threshold it doesn't affect the enemy's double attack. Raising it just means you're able to double attack with less for instance +3 you only need 2 higher speed to double attack, but if you lower it for instance the -3 from Steel then you need 8 higher to double attack however the enemy still need 5 higher than your actual speed stat (if they have no modifiers). Javelins say weak to follow up attacks meaning they raise your opponents threshold making it easier for them to double attack. Javelin increases the enemies double attack threshold by 5 so an enemy with equal speed gets 2 attacks.

Oh wow. I don't want to call that confusing because it kind of makes sense but I really would rather have had all that rolled into an Attack Speed like stat...Although I suppose this is what happens when the devs want to include weapon weight without explicitly including weapon weight. Thanks for the help!

Oh wow. I don't want to call that confusing because it kind of makes sense but I really would rather have had all that rolled into an Attack Speed like stat...Although I suppose this is what happens when the devs want to include weapon weight without explicitly including weapon weight. Thanks for the help!

It's not really about weapon weight though. A javelin probably isn't particularly heavy, but it could be unwieldy to use making you vulnerable when using it. Something like Ragnell that lowers your double attack threshold his probably more about the intended weight of the sword, then certain weapons raise both your and your opponents double attack rate meaning if you have identical speed you both attack each other twice (if only your weapon effect is playing a part in double attack threshold)

Example of raising both combatants ability to double attack is Excalibur: Effective against flying units, Defence and Resistance -5; ability to double attack +5, enemy’s ability to double attack +5

Edited by Dwlr

When I say "XX attacks", that means one hit unless it triggers Astra or Aether.

I asume your both units have +5 ES than both enemies.

Leader with Iron, Supporter with Iron:

1. Leader attacks.

2. Supporter attacks.

3. Enemy leader attacks.

4. Enemy supporter attacks.

5. Leader attacks.

Leader with Brave, Supporter with Iron:

1. Leader attacks.

2. Leader attacks.

3. Supporter attacks.

4. Enemy leader attacks.

5. Enemy supporter attacks.