Eimm Battle of the gods-Game Over! Congratulations to Paperblade, Makaze, Euklyd and Refa for winning

Blitz

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job everyone, but yeah overall i'd prob echo Rein's words. N1, one faction had basically all the info and control of the game until their demise by REFA THE GREAT at N4.

Shoutout to Euk for being the Furuta (from tg:re) of this game by managing to be in so many factions.

Xinnidy surviving five shots n1 was also amazing, Dorian being the one to take the blow.

gg to pb for standing on the edge all game and surviving by pretty much sheer luck.

Makaze actually kept his word and didn't backstab people afaik so gg to him.

And obv the demon duo Kat and Gaius despite the spotlight being put on them atm, had the game in their hands for a long time.

Also sorry for any complaints there may be for this eimm, hopefully our fair forum will use this as an example of what roles NOT to use if you want to incur the wrath of everyone...

Gaius and Kat did super well, but lied unnecessarily a lot. I'd say to work on that, but it's not going to matter because good luck being trusted in the future. Regardless you guys were definitely super loyal to your hard allies and a lot of fun to work with.

I wish we could've won with you guys :(:

idk about Refakaze since by the time I joined up with them the game was basically over, but it was fun. Refa's role was kind of overpowered lol but good job regardless. Definitely should've put more resources into making sure Refa died.

I'm not sure how Gaius's role was anything but a worse version of Makaze's though, so wtf there

Also Makaze don't be so obvious about when I'm passing you info jesus christ

EDIT: also also Makaze - good job on being trustworthy. I hope people keep that in mind in the future lol.

My faction got kinda screwed N1 lol, so we were shifting between teams the entire game. I would like to say that I put my all into every hard alliance I entered into.

Team Pokemon Showdown should've trusted me and not trusted a word Gaius told them. Also should've reached out more? They felt kinda isolated, and too concerned with killing Makaze. If you guys could play more EIMMs with us that would be cool. (Maybe join a hypothetical future Buddy Cop game, where you'd probably be paired with someone from SF, who you likely don't already know very well.)

Faerie Knight, you had a pretty good understanding of how to play mechanically and how much to trust other players (although maybe too upfront about your goals? idk) but it looked to me like you weren't reaching out very much.

SORRY FOR ENGINEERING THE DOWNFALL OF TEAM KITTYMAREVEON, but you guys killed Rein. And we thought you were gonna kill Paper. Oops.

In general: what Rein said. Stop handing out info like Halloween candy. If you do give out info, make sure you're getting something of equal value in return, and evaluate if it's worth the risk to give out that info (for example, don't give out your alias unless you have a very good reason). If someone asks you to shoot someone, ask them why, etc. etc.

And make sure that you don't trust people for no reason. If someone acts like they're going out of their way to do something for you that doesn't benefit them at all, they're probably lying, or at the very least you don't know the whole story. Push back. And ask people for favors in return if you do something big, like doc them (or actively use the goodwill you've gained through doing things like that).

EDIT: Also, if someone tells you something in expectation of you not telling other people, think about whether they'll find out if you share that, and how mad they'll be if you do. Looking at you, Izhuark, since your telling Kat Refa's alias probably won Refakaze the game.

I don't have a whole lot else to say about other people itg. If you talked to me and want feedback, hmu on Skype or here, I guess, but Blitz is more likely to know about stuff.

Cults (and other wincon changing that can't be controlled by the player) kinda suck, ITPs aren't too terrible imo.

Loverizers suck, perma-vanillaizers are worse, commuters (and other self-protection, looking at you self-driver) are somewhere in between.

Definitely a fun game, and probably the one I played the best in so far? idk I'm proud of me.

Edited by Euklyd

Also Blitz are you gonna write a postgame?

Also also I'm interested in hosting an EIMM sometime later, but probably not for a while. It sounds like burnout is definitely a thing.

Protip:

When elieson msgs Euklyd, Euklyd should totally reply more than a minute before he dies.

Gg yallll esp paperbrad for being vanilla all game

Edited by Elieson

I can kind of get the complaints about my role (mostly because it's a FUCK YOU to protection roles, which I have no problem with because it's completely obnoxious when people can be virtually untouchable the entire game despite many people wanting them dead), but I don't think it was overpowered (or at least not in a way that was like, toxic to the overall experience). There were similar roles in all of the past EiMM games (and noone complained about THOSE smh), and the only part that may have been too much (the high priority self protect against two shots) didn't actually help me at all besides making people think that I would be protected.

EDIT Definitely one of the best (maybe the best?) roles in the game, though.

Edited by Refa

In general: what Rein said. Stop handing out info like Halloween candy. If you do give out info, make sure you're getting something of equal value in return, and evaluate if it's worth the risk to give out that info

This 100% tbh because honestly you can kill me, lie to me, betray me, do whatever but NONE OF THAT will make me MORE ANGRY than if you give my enemy my spreadsheet. I spent a long time with Gaius getting that information and solving the game but within 5 seconds my enemy just HAS IT ALL. The salt I felt man, the salt. ((also I derailed this I am well aware but I'm still salty and I wanted to say that so))

Edited by Lil Bean

This 100% tbh because honestly you can kill me, lie to me, betray me, do whatever but NONE OF THAT will make me MORE ANGRY than if you give my enemy my spreadsheet. I spent a long time with Gaius getting that information and solving the game but within 5 seconds my enemy just HAS IT ALL. The salt I felt man, the salt. ((also I derailed this I am well aware but I'm still salty and I wanted to say that so))

You've got only yourself to blame.

He betrayed Paperblade!

Only because it was that or betray Xinnidy!

I never made a deal with Paper to go back on, which is the point.

Edited by Makaze

FWIW, Makaze asked me who I wanted to win with (Paperblade or Xinnidy) and I couldn't make a decision because I didn't want to betray either of them. I ended up just telling him to make the decision w/o me and to do it behind my back (pretty sure he called me a coward for that haha), so him choosing to betray Paperblade is partially on me as well.

If I have one thing to say: stop trusting random people with so much information. It never works. This is especially true of Gaius and Kat who have basically proved themselves completely untrustworthy forever, but people are guilty of it with other people as (Makaze comes to mind, though he was actually helpful to his allies and generally honest this game so... good on that) and they just get a lot of info way too fast. This is almost never to your benefit to do, and I have no idea why people keep doing this.

That is the definition of insanity- doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.

Also I'm so unlucky.

I never gave any information to anybody and I died

In general: what Rein said. Stop handing out info like Halloween candy. If you do give out info, make sure you're getting something of equal value in return, and evaluate if it's worth the risk to give out that info (for example, don't give out your alias unless you have a very good reason). If someone asks you to shoot someone, ask them why, etc. etc.

And make sure that you don't trust people for no reason. If someone acts like they're going out of their way to do something for you that doesn't benefit them at all, they're probably lying, or at the very least you don't know the whole story. Push back. And ask people for favors in return if you do something big, like doc them (or actively use the goodwill you've gained through doing things like that).

EDIT: Also, if someone tells you something in expectation of you not telling other people, think about whether they'll find out if you share that, and how mad they'll be if you do. Looking at you, Izhuark, since your telling Kat Refa's alias probably won Refakaze the game.

i'm not here to win i'm here to make friends

Postgame: Gaius Edition!

General Info: Well, this game was pretty much polarized by Me and Kat vs Makaze and Refa, and pretty much everything that happened in the game was a consequence of that. We all know who wins in the end, but I think this was probably my best game overall considering I got the almost the same level of control in Paper's game except without Faust this time around. Seriously, we had 30/37 aliases N1. That shouldn't happen. I agree with Rein and Euklyd's sentiments about info hunting.

Roles: Most of the roles this time around were pretty good with a couple of exceptions. I think Refa's role was strong enough not to need the self protect (although he mainly just used it as a gambit its still threatening.) Hannah's role was very strong as well, as was Kitty's. Rssp's was the only ITP I didn't really like, considering his actions are super random and he can't do much to advance his win con. The others were all fine. I also may just be salty that a high priority killer was stalking my team literally the entire game. My role was good, but the thing is if roles like that were to ever be used again, lower the percentage of predictions succesful. I think 65-70 is a good range tbh. Two of the strongest info gatherers combined barely pulled of the minimum required to get it both nights we successfully did it. (I believe we got 29/37 and 16/19 the nights we got it, both bare minumums.)

Alliances/Backstabs: Me and Kat decided to ally because we thought it would be fun if public enemies #1 and #2 decided to team up, and we tried to keep it hidden the way me and Makaze did in Paper's game. Makaze, Refa, Nova, Nightmare, and Knight were worthy opponents indeed. Plan Dan went wrong when Kat accidentally shared our sheet with Dan and misread his role PM. So, we were destined to fail. If we had kept that secret its possible things would have went our way, as I think we had better control than Refakaze did.

Memes: While there were fewer memes than the previous two, they were very good the ones I saw.

Shoutouts: Kat you were A++++ the entire game, and this was definitely the most fun ive had in an EiMM. Paper, thanks for giving me a second chance after I supremely fucked up N1 for you, and I'm really glad you won because you played consistently well. Euk my new arch enemy, the score's 2-2 and I look forward to pretending to work with each other in future games. Everyone i betrayed (less than last game), sorry, you guys are all probably cool but I had ulterior motives this game. Via you're awesome too even though you forgot night actions twice and that could have helped us a lot. Refa (and everyone else in that faction) you guys played a hellluva game. Makaze, it's really cool you managed to not be evil this game when I openly doubted that and i'm super stoked you got your first win dude. Well done. Lastly, Blitz and Monde are bros for hosting and I look forward to the next EiMM!

We should probably wait until summer to do the next one tbh, I'm a bit burned out.

IM JUST GONNA POST SOMETHING ABOUT GAIUS BC HE WAS ALSO A++++ IN THIS GAME. If I ever told u Gaius was untrustworthy that was a lie to make stuff more convenient for me. The only deaths he hid from me bc I didn't want them to die were chen's kitty's and reiyson's, I did not see those coming. BUT OTHER THAN THAT 10/10 BEST ALLY. I had my doubts the first couple of days before the game started. I think I had multiple plans on how to kill him and how he was going to kill me. Then SOMETHING happened that made me just ???? Trust him 100% and I think that that definitely worked out for me. I think we worked really well together, he was really good at making sure that our allies did what we wanted and I was really good at coming up with plans. OVERALL I WAS SO HAPPY WITH THIS. ON TOP OF THAT, OUR TEAM NAME WAS #TeamF***ed (courtesy of Gaius) and I think that's so a+

Edited by Lil Bean