Favorite support conversations

LeDom

Since there's a thread about bad supports, thought it would be nice to balance things out with a more positive thread!

Of the ones I've really liked: Ophelia and Odin comes to mind especially. A lot of Rhajat's were also surprisingly sweet. Arthur's supports with Azura and Beruka are also nice because they show just how deep his dedication to justice is, in ways that aren't played for laughs.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much all of Xander, Laslow, Arthur and Azura are great in my opinion. The parent conversations are also much better than the Awakening ones in my opinion, especially the generic ones.

Edited by Phillius

If I had to pick an absolute favorite, I'd probably pick Corrin-Xander's (and no, it's not just my bias speaking). I like how subtle it is.

Other favs include Kaze-Corrin, Saizo-Charlotte, and Saizo-Oboro. Oh, and Azura-Corrin's revelation supports. And Xander-Laslow. And Laslow-Peri. And... gonna stop now before I ramble to much!

I really enjoyed almost all of Kaze's. Surprisingly enough, the weakest ones of his I've seen so far are likely with Kagero. I thought they would have been more interesting, especially given the fact that she used to be with his brother, but it's never brought up even once.

Edited by thievery

If I recall correctly, I think Niles and Camilla's support involves a lot of depth. Camilla actually admits to Niles's claims of her being rather pathetic and love-hungry through loving Avatar.

Though I never married her, I think Avatar(M) and Oboro's support is sweet and one of my favourites. Not only am I glad it doesn't involve a huge usage of Takumi, but it involves Corrin actively being concerned for Oboro's nightly shifts in cleaning. The A support is sweet in that there's actually a semblance of development thanks to Corrin's help.

Pretty much all of Xander, Laslow, Arthur and Azura are great in my opinion. The parent conversations are also much better than the Awakening ones in my opinion, especially the generic ones.

I agree on Xander but disagree on the parent conversations; I find them really dull here, aside from Ophelia and Soleil's A rank with their fathers - I can hardly remember anything about them, and many parent supports usually ends up being "as your mother/father, I/you/we should..."; it feels like they were rather rushed when writing the support conversations for the kids. I don't believe I've read Zero's though, and I've heard it's good.

But anyway, I didn't come here to whine. My favorite one is probably Takumi and Leo's conversation both due to humor and some nice chemistry.

Like previously stated, Xander has several good supports and overall comes across as a very nice character in them; they do the whole "stern but has a heart of gold" thing rather well.

Romantically, I'd have to go with Takumi and Oboro; it doesn't feel rushed (Oboro's crush probably plays a part in this) and the S rank is sweet enough to make it as credible as the format allows.

Then there's the obligatory Shinonome and Matoi for just having the most down-to-earth conversation in the game completely bereft of gimmicks.

I'm also a fan of a lot of Saizou's supports (as long as you avoid his one with Hinoka as if though it were on fire), since they show a lot of different sides to his character.

And finally, since I'm complete trash, I also like Corrin and Velour's support. I dare even say I find it cute.

Edited by Thane

I love M!Corrin/Niles but that is just my bias speaking (Though I do wish some lines were not cut from the original)

I also like a lot of Beruka's. Even her one with Saizo. If you can understand a person without having to use words, you are cool in my books.

Peri and Laslow's is also nice. It's nice since Peri was not completely butchered like Henry (I also ship Lazzy and Peri like I ship Olivia and Henry. Their family likes crazy people).

Now that I think about it, Laslow has great supports in general, as does Leo and Takumi.

I also love Nina with Shrio and Asugi, especially Shiro. Literally this s what it is:

tumblr_o41hbeDOaN1r2hymoo1_540.png

Edited by Azz

Takumi/Oboro, Xander/Charlotte, Azura/Camilla and, even though I dislike the kids on principle, Shiro's convo with his variable mother. I don't know why I like it but something about the image of Ryoma writing love letters to his wife/lover makes me happy.

I love Saizo/F!Corrin what? who's biased? especially when expanded on in Kana/Saizo's festival convo.

I haven't read every support but here are the ones I like so far (off the top of my head).

Male!Kana's supports with his parents, his (possible) sister or brother, Shiro, Rhajat, Ophelia, Nina, and Selkie.

Female!Kana with her parents, Shigure (but only as her brother, not a fan of their non-sibling support), Shiro, Hisame, Kiragi, Percy, Ignatius, Selkie, and Mitama.

Shigure with his parents, his sister or brother, Mitama, both Avatars, Soleil (mostly the Japanese version but I still thought the English version was cute), Nina, Forrest, and Velouria.

A few other posts have mentioned other supports I like (and far better then anything I can add on them) so I won't mention these ones.

I really liked a lot of Saizo's supports, Leo's, Oboro's (mainly with Ryoma, Benny aww, and Takumi), and Midori/Kiragi oh my gosh that was so cute. There's so many more that I can't think of off the top of my head though.

I love M!Corrin/Niles but that is just my bias speaking (Though I do wish some lines were not cut from the original)

Agreed.

Takumi/Oboro was really sweet, and they have really good chemistry.

Pretty much all of Kiragi and Shiro's supports, but I'm really biased when it comes to them, they're my favorite out of the child characters.

Both Kanas' support with Forrest, and really most of Forrest's support conversations, since they and Forrest aren't played for laughs.

Ophelia/Odin is really sweet and funny, and gives both of them a good amount of development.

Ryoumarx support. It's a simple progression, but there's so much behind it--I feel the emotional impact of both niichan's suffering/dad issues/king duties/wahtever hangups about the other nation really come out. Although initially when I first read it in the JP I was a little disappointed it wasn't filled with 300% extra gay UST or whatever, but then I did an analysis of all of Ryouma's supports and read this support more closely and realised something like this is what he and Marx needed, rather than just more fighting like children (we leave that to Nohr 18 anyway, where they're actually enemies and not 2 allied leaders trying to work through all their past enemity into trusting each other and building a better future) and it's actually very good and does a lot for their characters.

I love the word choices the English used here and it conveyed the emotions in the JP translation I felt on a closer read a lot clearer.

Sometimes a support doesn't need to have a lot going on to show a lot underneath and I feel this is one of them.

TakuObo is still as good as ever

I'm pretty big on RyouRinkah (though I also mentally sub in the JP S because I like it better, but I do like what they did with B and A--I think it shows Ryouma's subtle tease a bit more, though the JP version can be read to imply that as well), and platonically I like Ryoma/Oboro, Ryouma/Elise, and Ryouma/Orochi (his Felicia support is also quite funny, and considering both niichans have an abundance of serious supports, a change in mood is good for them). For Rinkah I also really like Saizou, and her Corn support actually surprised me in its quality considering how lackluster and bland a good amount of Corn supports tend to be.

Speaking of Saizou, about 80-90% of that man's supports are quality.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Azura and Niles OTP

I agree that this is a good support, minus the S support. They are just so much better as friends. Even Azura says it in the S support,

Azura: Let's slow down for a minute and discuss this like two reasonable adults. Niles, I do have feelings for you, but we've barely managed to discuss the weather! It's like you said... If we get too close, we'll only end up hurting each other.

Pretty much all of Saizou's supports. That man is a goldmine in both supports and looks.

Xander x Laslow because it involved him keeping Laslow contained within his quarters for an extended period of time (Yes, I am a pervert). Leo x Odin because it was cute. Mozu x Ryoma because I like Mozu with all the royals (and Laslow). Parent!Izana x Kana because Izana calls Kana cute nicknames and he is the canon father in my head. Silas x Ryoma because I thought it was pretty good. Selena x Hinata because it was cute. Xander x Ryoma was better than I expected it to be.

There's more but I'm lazy af

All of them. Fates swings wildly between well written in character supports and "holy shit this crack could not be purer if it was cut with gods own dick".

Special mentions to Odin/Ophelia A, Jakob/Silias B/A, Xander/Elise, Leo/Takumi (Leo is actually jesus here), All of Odins Supports, All of Bennys supports, and Harlot x Arthur.

I give you the gem that is Harlot x Arthur, the support nobody ever does. http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Fates_Supports/Arthur_Charlotte

Edited by joshcja

TakuObo is still as good as ever

yes.

Xander x Laslow because it involved him keeping Laslow contained within his quarters for an extended period of time.

well, looks like I'm never reading that again!

so far in my first run of conquest there are plenty of supports I like

Mozu/Jakob is pretty good since Jakob isn't a dick much at all (only really once, and it seems less because he actually has a problem with her and more because she literally calls him a "good man")

it's actually really sweet, and one of the few times you see Jakob actually caring for someone and being nice to them

it made my first impressions of him a lot better than other people's

kaze/felicia is really nice too

felicia fucks up everything as usual but kaze is really nice to her and helps her out

granted he does it because corn told him to, but he's still really nice to her

it's just really sweet and I like it

but possibly my absolute favorite support so far is Selena/Arthur

i'm not gonna go into detail but it's really, really cute

it's so good it makes up its own ship name

Seconding Corrin/Xander for doing nice things for both characters and Saizo/Charlotte, not particularly deep or anything but as a romantic pair for Charlotte I like it.

I'm also a fan of just about all of the Nohr royals supports with each other and Corrin, Hinoka/Hinata, Ryoma/Azura, Selena/Jakob, Siegbert/Ophelia and Rinkah/Charlotte.

And a lot more outside of that, too, haha. Maybe I've just had good luck picking chains.

i just did Mozu/Subaki on a new playthrough; boy it just shot up to my fav, Subaki is actually quite nice to her and I love it oh gosh

Hisame/Ophelia, said that everywhere lmao I'm sorry for repeating myself

I never talk about Hayato/Hinoka and Hayato/Sakura; Hayato has good supports with royal girls omg

platonically, Beruka/Oboro and Setsuna/Hinoka. Oboro/Orochi as well lmao sorry for repetition again