Super Robot Wars RP Interest check

Nanami Touko

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt we'll get people signing up as Tekkamen, but we'll have to see, won't we?

Its only my number 1 mecha anime. >_> <_<

I just love its 90s cheese. Just... don't watch Tekkaman Blade 2. Ever.

(Truth be told, I don't know if D-Boy would be the easiest character in the world to RP. Gotta have that typical 90s edginess without going overboard and still keeping him humanized.)

Alrighty! Mechanics will be written up and posted by tomorrow morning at the latest. Then we shall begin~

For now, let's get you all acquainted with your Gespies, and the enemies for this map.

I've posted their stats to the enemies tab on the google doc, so feel free to look them over while I expound

uvNW38B.png

For every Gespenst, I've put the character's initials on them so you can tell which belongs to whom. Those with single letters are because I didn't get a last name, but there have been no repeats, so this works for the test map.

As for the enemies, we have, from left to right, top to bottom:

Lion, Lion V, Killer Whale

F-28 Messer, F-32 Schwert X, Type 71 Waldung

Barrelion, Barrelion V, Rhinoceros

The only enemy that will not be appearing on the test map is the Barrelion V, but it's better to introduce enemies now rather than later, probably.

This reference is so you can look back and tell which enemies are which, since I can't fit full names on the map, obviously.

We're almost there~! Thank you all for being patient and sticking around!

Edited by Melissa

Let's get these mechanics down.

[spoiler=Robot Mechanics]

Hit Points: Self explanatory if you've played any RPG. If your HP goes down to zero your robot is destroyed, and you must pay a fee to get it repaired at the end of the map. There is no perma death here, unless by event, or previously discussed with the GM.

Energy: Some robots consume energy to use different weapons. Energy restores itself by 5 points a turn. For robots that can fly, it costs 1 energy per tile to fly. Move 5 tiles while flying and you'll expend 5 energy, and all that. Idling in the air costs no energy. Flying through space costs the same energy too!

Armor: Oh boy, fun stats~ Armor is your robot's plating. You take this value and subtract it directly from Final Weapon Power to determine damage.

Mobility: Mobility is how good your robot is at flying, juking, changing course, and generally avoiding all the dangerous stuff flying at it. Mobility is directly subtracted from Final Hit to determine hit rates.

Hit: Hit is a stat that varies per weapon. You take hit, subtract the target's mobility, and you have your final hit stat. As a note, RNG in this is single RNG. If you've got 67% chance to hit, it's 67%.

Ammo: Some weapons have ammo instead of costing energy. Ammo values will be listed next to weapons and once you've run out of ammo, you have yo resupply the robot or have them wait a turn on the battleship to restock their ammo supply. As a note, resupply and resting on the battleship drain 10 will from the pilot. As another note, will cannot go below 100 by supplying a robot!

Move: How far a robot can move per turn. Effected by different types of terrain (mountains, sea, fixtures).

[spoiler=Pilot Mechanics]

Time for some math! Yay math~ Mostly simple math. Actually not yay math. I hate math :> Liberal arts hype~

Melee: Melee is added directly to the power of a melee weapon to determine Final Weapon Power. Example: A pilot with 9 power and a Steel Knife with 45 power has a Final Weapon Power of 54. Easy, right? Melee also confers bonus crit rate! For every 10 points of Melee a pilot has, they get 5% extra crit on that type of weapon.

Shooting: Same deal as Melee! Same deal with the crit bonus as well, except it only applies to guns and missiles and stuff~

Defense: Adds itself as a percentage to your armor. Stops adding a percentage bonus after 20 Defense, BUT at 10 points of Defense, it forever adds half of itself to your armor as a flat number. Example! Ether's test Gespenst has 10 armor, and his character has 5 defense, so his robot gets a 5% increase to its armor stat, resulting in 10.5 (which is then rounded up), giving the Gespenst 11 armor. If his character has 10 defense, it would confer a 10% increase, and also confer 5 points of armor directly to the Gespenst, giving it 16 armor total (percentage increase is applied first.) This would apply on every even number past 10. 12 Defense would give 6 Armor, 14 would give 7, so on and so forth. This might sound busted but the way Leveling works will make it less OP~

Skill: Skill is how one determines their crit bonus! For every point of skill you have above an enemy's, add 1% crit to your weapon's base crit, and vice versa. For every 10 points of Skill a pilot has, they get a bonus 10% crit damage. Crits are 150% of your final calculated damage (which I will explain later), so having more skill can make it go up to 160%, 170%, and so forth~

Accuracy: Accuracy is added DIRECTLY to your weapon's hit rate to determine final hit. Every 10 points of Accuracy confers an extra 5% hit!

Avoid: is the same deal, as Accuracy, added to your robot's mobility to determine final avoid. Same bonus too! Every 10 points gives an extra 5% avoid~

Will: Will is a number that increases based on your pilot's personality, and the actions they perform on a map. Every pilot will be given different will gains in the actual RP, but to make things simple in this test, everyone has the same will gains:

+2 Attack Hit
+0 Attack Missed
+2 Dodge Success
+1 Dodge Fail
+2 Ally Defeated
+3 Kill

As well, every ally gains +1 will when an enemy is defeated on the map!

Will effects your damage! 100 will is the neutral line, and your damage is augmented every 10 points above and below you go. At 110 will you gain 5% bonus damage, at 120 you get 10% bonus damage-- you get the drill. In the original games it adds to your defense as well, but with defense already adding to your armor, Will simply affecting damage is just fine by meeeeee. Max will is 150, unless the pilot has a certain skill!

[spoiler=Battle Mechanics!]

OKAY! I hope the rest of that stuff has sunk in!

Adaptability: Adaptability is a stat that the pilot has, the robot has, and the weapons have. Pilot Adaptability and Robot Adaptability add together to assess how well your robot functions on certain terrain. A rank is neutral ground! S rank improves your mobility by 1.1x. B rank lowers it by 0.8x, C rank by 0.7x, and most times you cannot enter terrain you have a D rank in!

Distance: Your distance from your target can make it easier or harder to hit! Gain a hit bonus when within 5 spaces of a target. At 5 spaces, 3%, 4 spaces 6%, etc. etc., up to 15% bonus for being right next to an enemy.

Repair and supply kits: Repair modules can be used post move and will heal 10% to an ally. It must heal 75% of the 10% (example, at least 23 Hp out of 30 on a 300 HP unit) to confer EXP to the user. If the user is the same level, +50 EXP. If lower, +75, and if higher +25. There is no limit to how often a repair module may be used a map. Supply modules may be used once a map, before it is upgraded. The exp awarded is double the repair kit, and there are no restrictions to use, other than the one use per map.

[spoiler=Leveling!]

Alright! If you've made it this far, neat! We're almost done~ Here's how leveling works! It's pretty simple Every level (which is every 500 EXP), you get three points to throw into any stats. You can't put more than 1 into any stat, but you can ignore any stats you want (say you want to focus on shooting, accuracy and defense, you can ignore melee, avoid and skill for as long as you want.) I would suggest a more rounded build, because you'll all be getting plenty of levels in the actual RP, and there will be events for characters to increase stats, as well as being able to spend PP to gain stats. But that's all for the actual RP.

Alright! The map will happen tomorrow. If anyone has any questions on how stuff works, Xin or I can answer them as long as we are around.

Edited by Melissa

Some interesting changes from the standard, but I fully understand things needed some serious adjusting to give player input an actual impact on development. Interesting to see how it goes in the test run. No worries or pressure on the timeline, at least not from my angle, I was worried I'd be missing things if it was happening during the week, as I had a few things lined up already, but I think this weekend should be freer by far. I'm sure I'll have some more thoughts/input later (probably as we get underway and I'm like "oh yet, what about x")as well.

I mostly wanted to simplify things so that the original game mechanics weren't full of tiny multiplications of huge numbers. Shrink them, make most of the math adding and subtracting, and see if you can keep the scope while reducing the scale. I think me and Xin did a decent job of it.

Hmmm
The robot's armor stat is meant to scale the most relative to its bases of all the robot stats to make up for how low the bases are, though the bases were also decided to be about that low for earlygame mechs/enemies so that nothing really is a fat wall of flat damage reduction with little effort. That should make the up to 20% armor increase from raising your defense stat more relevant as you pick up better stuff. We didn't really want something like a plane turning out capable of facetanking the world thanks to a couple of tanky parts + its tanky pilot (sorry Russel).

If the numbers don't scale well enough and defense turns out to not be worthwhile at all for pilots then we'll tweak it.

And yes, there will be spirits and skills.

Edited by Xinnidy

Yes, I'll be handing out spirits and skills when we start the map.

And that was the idea for defense. Originally it was going to scale up to a 40% bonus, but on bigger things (like a grungust) that could amount to a free 40-60 armor at base. Upgrades will be a thing, so I don't want people being able to dump everything into defense and tank the entire RP

Aaaaaaaaaaaalrighty

Gonna toss out everyone's spirits and skills while I get the map all set up. They'll be up on the sheet as well, for viewing convenience.

Louise:

Genius (+15 to hit/evade/crit)

Hit & Away (if stationary, move after shooting)

Spirits:

Focus (+20% to hit/evade for 1 turn (player and enemy phase)) 15 SP

Alert (Automatically dodge 1 enemy attack) 10 SP

Abigail:

Revenge (1.2x on counterattacks)

Prevail Lv2 (Under 20% HP, +10% Damage/Hit/Crit/Armor)

Spirits:

Strike (hit rate becomes 100% for one turn) 15 SP

Accel (+3 move for one turn) 10 SP

BOBBY:

Offensive Support Lv1 (once per turn, support attack with an adjacent ally)

Lucky (1% (+1% every turn) chance for hit/evade/crit to become 100% for one combat (once activated, resets to 1% and scales from there))

Spirits:

Luck (doubles money gained from destroying an enemy) 30 SP

Aedus:

Prevail Lv3 (Under 20% HP, +15% Damage/crit/armor)

Resolve (+5 will at the start of the map)

Spirits:

Alert (Automatically dodge 1 enemy attack) 10 SP

Gain (double EXP gained from attacking) 15 SP

Theron:

Gunfight Lv2 (+10 to ranged weapon power)

Ammo Save (1.5x Ammo on weapons)

Spirits:

Snipe (+2 range for 1 turn) 15 SP

Assail (turn all weapons into P weapons for one turn) 15 SP

Nikolai:

Foresight (at 130+ will, add +30% to avoid on enemy phase)

Will+ (hit) (+1 bonus will when attack hits an enemy)

Spirits:

Spirit (+10 will) 30 SP

MIckey:

Defensive Support Lv1 (Defend an adjacent ally once per enemy phase)

Fortune (+20% money gained on enemy defeat)

Spirits:

Cheer (Double ally exp gained for one attack) 20 SP

Guts (Fully restore HP) 30 SP

Thorvald:

Guard (at 130+ will, damage taken is reduced to 80%)

Command Lv2 (All allies within 3 spaces of Thorvald gain +10 hit/evade)

Spirits:

Strike (hit rate becomes 100% for one turn) 20 SP

Guard (damage taken is reduced to 1/4th for one turn) 25 SP

Alright!

There's all your skills and spirits

I've also added them to the doc, mouse over them to see the note if you forget what they do during the map

I'll be doing some tweaks to the doc as we go, but my next post will contain the BORING TEST MAP!

Hopefully you can all have some fun~

P.S: Everyone has 45 SP to start with. Make good use of it~

Edited by Melissa

Initiating test phase 1

wNZvzku.png

Here's how moving works. Before you move, you may choose to cast [a] spirit(s). Your spirits are all listed above, as well as listed on the google doc.

After you have cast spirits, or not done so, you may then move your robot up to its full move (most of you are 5 move, some of you are 6 move.)

After moving, if you have any post move weapons ( (P) weapons) you may fire them if they are in range.

The objective is to defeat all enemies, but don't rush, because this is a test. Ask any and all questions you may want answer to and I will be more than happy to provide.

Best of luck~

P.S. Edit: All enemies on the map right now are assumed to just have base 5s in all stats. Nothing special yet.

Edited by Melissa

So how long do spirits last?

Unless noted otherwise, spirits last forever. Focus and Strike say for one turn, but things like Luck will last until they can be applied (i.e., until the next enemy is destroyed by that pilot. Alert lasts until you dodge one attack, Gain lasts until you make an attack)

Otherwise they are instant and last until the effect is applied.