FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

Are they using the latest patch? The HP affecting code was completely taken out after it was breaking everything. But it was doing other things like keeping units from healing, etc.

That was me who reported this. I'm using the v7 patch that's linked in the first post.

Dew doesn't recover HP when he's in home castle or guarding home castle, but he does recover HP when he's guarding a different castle. I haven't tried churches though.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi new to all this stuff. But I'm going to help out by trying this on multiple Android SNES emulators. JohnSnes first as thats what I use (and been using for old genealogy patch).

See how well it works on these. I'm just going to hope I can get my save to somehow work on it but I doubt it.

UPDATE!

It works like a charm. Even fudged the emulator to load the saves...then made the mistake of deleting the old rom in the Emulator which also deletes all save data for it...before I change the old roms name.

Edited by DemolisherBPB

Why did you do this when all you should've done was just fixed the ending? I don't remember playing this game and asking myself "This game would be GREAT if the dialogue became three times more prosey and retranslated all the names to lamer ones".

Edited by Alandrage

Why did you do this when all you should've done was just fixed the ending? I don't remember playing this game and asking myself "This game would be GREAT if the dialogue became three times more prosey and retranslated all the names to lamer ones".

Not that I entirely disagree with you (some of the added prose is a little much), but...would you mind being more specific about it? Like, when you say prose...do you mean that there's too much dialogue? Or that the words they're using are harder to understand? I'm not really sure what you mean.

I mean that instead of trying to translate it for being more accurate, it was translated to be less accurate and more tedious.

At least, that's what I felt was going on when Amielleon chewed him out in every update post on his Tumblr.

I mean that instead of trying to translate it for being more accurate, it was translated to be less accurate and more tedious.

At least, that's what I felt was going on when Amielleon chewed him out in every update post on his Tumblr.

Hmm...I don't remember her really chewing him out; more that he was a little too liberal in a few areas, and she helped him dial it back a bit. Which, isn't necessarily a bad thing; one of the great things about the old translation was that it was NOT as overly literal as, say, FE6's translation.

I do agree that the word count has increased a little too much though. In fact, if you look on Pages 19-21, you'll find that I've already posted "fixed up" versions of the entire Prologue script. Would you be interested in checking it out?

Edited by FionordeQuester

Speaking of which, here's the new and improved Chapter 1 opening! Hope you like it Holsety!

Narrator: Sigurd's capture of Evans Castle comes [was] too late. Aideen is not there, instead already well within Verdane's borders. Verdane's territory is blanketed in a thick sweep of forests. The nation is widely dubbed a barbarian kingdom by Grannvale's people, owing to their constant raids on Grannvalian soil. However, the reign of King Batur has seen [saw] an end to Verdane's infamous border raids [that]. A pacifist, King Batur has long worked to build a lasting peace with Grannvale, while also keeping his aggressive sons appeased. Ultimately, however, it was Batur himself who violated the peace he held so dear. Batur's three sons have unexpectedly launched an assault on [ambushed] Grannvale. Kinbaith, the second son, lord of Genoa... Gandalf, the eldest, lord of Marpha... And Jamke, the youngest of the three. Lurking deep within Verdane territory, the three now await the arrival of Sigurd. Aideen's fate... Batur's sudden belligerence... Sprawling before Sigurd lie the great forests of Verdane and within them, the answers he seeks. He prepares to take his first steps into the spirit forest of folklore...

Narrator: Sigurd was too late; Aideen was already deep within Verdane's neverending forests. Grannvale's people dubbed it a barbarian kingdom due to it's constant border raids. However, this ended with King Batur. He pacified his sons, and dedicated his reign to forging a lasting peace with Grannvale. However, it was Batur himself who violated the peace he held so dear. Kinbaith, his second son, lord of Genoa... Gandalf, the eldest, lord of Marpha... And Jamke, the youngest. These three ambushed Grannvale, and now lurk deep within Verdane, waiting for Sigurd. Aideen's fate... Batur's sudden belligerence... Sprawling before Sigurd lie the forests of Verdane and the answers he seeks. He takes his first steps into the spirit forest of legend...

Eldigan: You're doing a fine job, soldier. I leave the border's defenses to you.

Soldier: Yes, milord!

(Eldigan arrives at Evans)

Eldigan: Sigurd! It's been a long time. Pray tell, why do I find you suddenly occupying Evans? You couldn't possibly be declaring war on Verdane, could you?

Sigurd: Eldigan! Am I glad to see you. Listen. The Verdanites have abducted Lady Aideen of Jungby. They've made it amply clear that they don't plan on releasing her. Taking her back by force is my only option.

Eldigan: Ah, I see. That makes sense. Well, whatever you do, you cannot afford to leave Evans unattended. My fellow Agustrian lords have been of a rancorous sort of late[ly]... Ah, I know. I'll ensure that they don't threaten you from behind.

Sigurd: I'm sorry to involve you in this as well. Say, Eldigan, once I'm done here, what do you say to a catch up? You, me, a fine bottle of wine... Just like old times.

Eldigan: Mm. I'm looking forward to it. I trust I'll see you later, then. May luck be with you this day, Sigurd!

(Camera pans over to Genoa)

Eldigan: Well done, soldier. I leave the border to you.

Soldier: Yes, milord!

(Eldigan arrives at Evans)

Eldigan: Sigurd! It's been a long time. Pray tell, why have you suddenly occupied Evans? You couldn't possibly be declaring war on Verdane, could you?

Sigurd: Eldigan! Am I glad to see you! Listen; the Verdanites have abducted Lady Aideen of Jungby. They've made it amply clear that violence is my only option.

Eldigan: Mm, I see. Well, don't leave Evans unattended; my fellow Agustrian lords have been most rancorous lately... Ah, I know. I shall have a sentry watch your rearguard.

Sigurd: I'm sorry to involve you in this, Eldigan... What do you say we catch up after I'm done? You, me, a fine bottle of wine... Just like old times.

Eldigan: Mm. Looking forward to it. May luck be with you, Sigurd!

(Camera pans over to Genoa)

Kinbaith: Listen up, Ayra! You know the deal. While I'm out, [Y]ou guard the palace, right up to your very last breath. Remember, first sign of funny business, and it's the brat's head.

Shanan: Ayra! Ayra, I'll be alright! Don't give in to those thugs! Don't let [these thugs] boss you around!

Ayra: Shanan... Look, Kinbaith, you have my word. So long as you leave Shanan alone, you'll have no trouble. But I do wonder if, once this battle is over, you actually plan to return him to me.

Kinbaith: Ahahahaha... You got nothing to worry about. If [W]e get Evans back, you get him back.

Ayra: I understand. But be warned, Kinbaith: if you break your promise, you'll deeply regret it. Cross me, and I will pursue you to the very depths of the inferno itself, till I take your head. Remember this well!

[i'm not saying it was wrong to punch Ayra's finishing line up a bit (especially given Kinbaith's reaction); but I wouldn't have it as long as you originally had it. Look at my version of this, and you'll see something that manages to make her every bit as savage as she is here, while ALSO being much shorter.]

Kinbaith: Wh-Whoa, settle down there! I don't believe it... Such a cute face, but you only use it to spew bile like that! I'm not about to make an enemy outta someone with a sword arm as fine as yours. I promise you that.

Ayra: Shanan, sit tight. Be patient for just a bit longer.

Shanan: Ayra, no! Dont do it! Don't go! AYRA!!

(Outside)

Kinbaith: Feh... Right, boys, we're moving out. We're taking back Evans!

Kinbaith: Hey! You know the deal; you're guarding the palace, even if it kills ya. First sign of funny business, and it's the brat's head!

Shanan: Ayra! I'll be alright! Don't let these morons boss you around!

Ayra: Shanan... Look, you have my word. Leave Shanan alone, and all will be well. Surely I've no reason to doubt YOUR benevolence...Right?

Kinbaith: Ahahahaha... You got nothing to worry about. We get Evans back, and he's yours.

Ayra: Good. Because, Kinbaith: you break your promise, and I won't stop till I've ripped off your head and fed it to the BIRDS! Do you understand?!

Kinbaith: Wh-Whoa, settle down there! Damn... Why's a cutie like you spewin' bile like THAT? Trust me; I'm not making an enemy outta someone with a sword arm like yours!

Ayra: Shanan, be patient for just a bit longer.

Shanan: Ayra, no! Don't go! AYRA!!

(Outside)

Kinbaith: Feh... Alright boys! We're taking Evans back!

The old translation included shit like Lewyn's shrink quote and Arden steadily devolving into a caveman over the course of the first generation. Most of the name changes were from Awakening and therefore out of holsety's hands. The only name changes he did himself were just fixing mistranslations like Tailto/Tiltyu and Corple.

Why do you feel the need to complain about something someone did of their own accord, completely for free?

First of all, I do not like the aggressive tone that Alandrage took in this thread. I think his words minimalize bookofholsety's monumental efforts, as well as his passion towards making the FE4 translation we all deserve. Alandrage is only DECREASING his chances that Bookofholsety will listen to him by taking such a hostile tone. But, that being said, he DOES have good points, and I think it's important that we consider them. So here's my thoughts...

The old translation included shit like Lewyn's shrink quote and Arden steadily devolving into a caveman over the course of the first generation.

Two wrongs don't make a right. All that means is that both translations have their flaws.

Why do you feel the need to complain about something someone did of their own accord, completely for free?

Trust me; bookofholsety's monumental efforts mean the world to me, and I deeply respect him for all he's done. But "being free" does not exempt it from criticism. In fact, it actually opens him up to it! Professional translators have to deal with...

1) Time limitations

2) Space limitations

3) Terrible creative decisions from up top.

4) An occasional lack of communication between the localizers and the original writers. That's how we got nonsense like "Siglud" way back when. Japanese names are extremely flexible in how they can be translated; so localizers can very easily miss, say, FE4's references to Norse and Irish culture if they don't have someone like Kaga around to tell them what they were aiming for.

5) Many localizers never even get to PLAY the games that they're localizing! This is especially bad, given how context-heavy the Japanese language already is.

FAN TRANSLATORS, however, don't have to deal with items 1, 3, or 5. So if their work is completely garbage, that's a reflection on their inexperience and lack of discipline, NOT on anything else. By saying "oh, it's free, what else can you expect", you're actually giving him the ultimate insult; you're lumping him in with them when he's made it very clear that he wants to aim higher than that.

So yes, I'm going to critique his script as though he's meaning to release it to an international audience :): .

But, that being said, he DOES have good points, and I think it's important that we consider them. So here's my thoughts..

I guess the point about prose could be considered, but the rest of Alandrage's point was just whining about names. That isn't worth any form of consideration, especially when you consider that holsety has already claimed several times that he does not give a shit about names and won't be changing them.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I didn't mean to be disrespectful towards the people responsible for the old translation, I just wanted to counter the notion that it was fine as it was. I apologize if I came off that way.

Trust me; bookofholsety's monumental efforts mean the world to me, and I deeply respect him for all he's done. But "being free" does not exempt it from criticism. In fact, it actually opens him up to it!

I wasn't talking about you; you're offering constructive criticism (although the fact that you're doing it now when the script has already been inserted instead of the period of time where he specifically had his script open for proofreading is kind of odd). Alandrage, on the other hand, was just being a dick, and the fact that his whining happened to contain one piece of criticism that could be considered valid doesn't make it okay.

I guess the point about prose could be considered, but the rest of Alandrage's point was just whining about names. That isn't worth any form of consideration, especially when you consider that holsety has already claimed several times that he does not give a shit about names and won't be changing them.

Yeah. Sounds fair :) .

I didn't mean to be disrespectful towards the people responsible for the old translation, I just wanted to counter the notion that it was fine as it was. I apologize if I came off that way.

Don't worry; I understand. I actually DO really like the old fan translation, but it definitely did have problems. I have no problem with people saying so.

I wasn't talking about you; you're offering constructive criticism (although the fact that you're doing it now when the script has already been inserted instead of the period of time where he specifically had his script open for proofreading is kind of odd). Alandrage, on the other hand, was just being a dick, and the fact that his whining happened to contain one piece of criticism that could be considered valid doesn't make it okay.

Indeed. I won't disagree with you there. I guess I was more worried that my own points might be invalidated, since I was also saying that the script could use a little off the sides. "Guilty by association" and all that.

As for the odd timing of my suggestions...Yeah, I was posting on Holsety's blog for a while, but, I think he encouraged me to wait. I think he said something to the effect of...

1) The script he had on the site was outdated, so he wished for me to wait till he had released his updated script.

2) He was moving on ahead to posting the beta, so he made it clear that he wasn't going to alter the script too much between when I found his site, and when he released this beta.

At least, that's from what I remember. It's possible I got it wrong, though :P:

This is completely unrelated and it has been mentioned before but is the ranking glitch going to be fixed? By which I mean the one where the rankings drop significantly after whatever character finishes off Julius and has Canto. For me, all my characters got an automatic 114-116 losses to their record.

I have a save file where Julius is at 5 HP. You'll just have to move Julia out of the way, send in Seliph to double, dance with Lene, and send in Seliph again for the finishing blow.

Thanks for all your hard work guys, can't wait to see what your Thracia 776 will look like!

Here's the save file

Edited by Cuizonix

Sorry for the late reply. Does it persist even after saving/loading the game? If so, can you send me your save file or attach it here? I can debug it to see why he's not healing.

For whatever reason, I'm not able to recreate the situation now. I moved on from chapter 3 to chapter 4 and Dew's regenerating HP just fine now.

I lost my save file from chapter 3 though, so I can't send that.

(Turn 2: Outside Marpha)

Jamke: Come on, Aideen! Take the brat and get out of here, and quickly! You need to get as far away as you can before Gandolf finds out!

Aideen: Pardon me, Prince Jamke, but are you not joining us?

Jamke: No. I won't stand for my brothers' vile ways, but [i'm not betraying] I just won't betray my father, either. I'm going back to the capital. I'm going to try, one more time, to convince my father [help him see reason].

Aideen: You're right.... We must do all we can to end this war as soon as possible. [i am sorry,] Prince Jamke; [but our hopes rest upon your shoulders. You must] I would sooner not burden you alone, but you are our only hope to persuade King Batur to end this.

[i'll be honest; I cringe every time I see the phrase "Do all we can" in any kind of fan translation. It just smacks of "overly literal Japanese media-kun", and it's already showed up about 7-10 times in JUST the Prologue and Chapter 1. I'm going to make a counter to track these, and if you don't stop using it...I'm going to do "all I can" to MAKE SURE that you stop using "all I can" ;) .]

Dew: Aideeeeeeen[, c'mon]! We're still in serious danger here. If they catch me this time, then [Or] Gandolf’ll rip my tongue out for sure!

Jamke: Dew, you're a thief. [You'd still be sitting in chains if Aideen hadn't insisted on letting you go, too; so] You got caught in the act. [a]ny tongue rippings you get are your own fault. If Aideen hadn't insisted on letting you go, too, you'd still be sitting in chains. Now, what did you promise to do?

Dew: I know, I know. I [already] promised Aideen, too. [that I'd] I'm washing my hands of [the whole] thievin' [thing]. Can I go now?

Jamke: I’ll take your word for it. Now, go already!

(Jamke walks a stretch)

Jamke: Aideen… May we meet again.

(Marpha)

Gandolf: What?! Jamke let the broad go and went scurrying[ied] back to the capital? Damn that rat of a brother! Boys! [Don't let those two escape; not even if you have to kill them!] We're taking the wench and the brat back. If they put up a fight, kill 'em if you have to!

[Yeah, this whole conversation was odd to me. There wasn't too much fat to cut out...but there was still some stuff that read a bit awkwardly to me. It could just be my subjective bias, though; so feel free to make your own decisions.]

(Turn 2: Outside Marpha)

Jamke: Come on, Aideen! Take the brat and get out of here! You need to get as far as you can before Gandolf finds out!

Aideen: Pardon me, Prince Jamke, but are you not joining us?

Jamke: No. I won't stand for my brothers' vile ways, but I'm not betraying my father, either. I'm going to try, one more time, to help him see reason.

Aideen: Yes.... We must do all we can to end this war. I'm sorry, Prince Jamke; but our hopes rest upon your shoulders. You must persuade King Batur to end this.

Dew: Aideeeeeeen, c'mon! Or Gandolf’ll rip my tongue out for sure!

Jamke: Dew, you're a thief. You'd still be sitting in chains if Aideen hadn't insisted on letting you go; so any tongue rippings you get are your fault. Now, what did you promise to do?

Dew: I know, I know. I already promised Aideen that I'd wash my hands of the whole thievin' thing. Can I go now?

Jamke: I’ll take your word for it. Now, go already!

(Jamke walks a stretch)

Jamke: Aideen… May we meet again.

(Marpha)

Gandolf: What?! Jamke let the broad go and scurried back to the capital? Damn that rat! Boys! Don't let those two escape; not even if you have to kill them!

Getting Near Ayra (Enemy Phase)

Ayra: So t's finally time...Woe be to all who cross me!

Getting Near Ayra (Enemy Phase)

Ayra: It's finally time...Woe be to all who cross me!

Enemy Phase After Conquering Genoa

Ayra: You stand between me and Shanan's future...Farewell!

Enemy Phase After Conquering Genoa

Ayra: You stand between me and Shanan's future... I have in me the teachings of the Astra Sword; and I will use them ALL to kill you!!

[i know for a fact that your version is different from the original script. I can see what you were going for, but...I don't see the point in straying from the original script if you can help it.]

Aira Dies

Ayra: Shanan...I've failed you...

Aira Dies

Ayra: Shanan...I've failed you...

Conquering Genoa (If Ayra Is Alive)

Oifey: Sir, we've found this young boy in the dungeon.

Shanan: ...

Sigurd: What's the matter? Why are you silent? I want to know why you were held here.

Shanan: You're not one of Kinbaith's lot... Are you?

Sigurd: We've dealt with Kinbaith. I am Sigurd, a paladin of Grannvale. There's nothing to be afraid of anymore.

Shanan: Oh! So [my auntie] Ayra doesn't have to keep fighting! My auntie Ayra [she] was forced to fight 'cause Kinbaith had me! Please! You've got to help her!

Sigurd: That swordswoman? Huh. I thought there was something amiss about her...Very well! I'll let her know that you're safe. Now, what's your name?

Shanan: Shanan...I'm Shanan, the prince of Isaach...

Sigurd: Isaach's prince, you say...I can barely begin to imagine what you've been through[...But] For now, though, you're welcome to stay in our army. [d]on't worry. One day, you'll make it home. It will be my mission to bring you home. I'll do all I can to ensure that I STOP USING THOSE FOUR STUPID WORDS FOR EVERY TIME I SEE なんでもやります!!. [And until then? You can stay in our army.]

Oifey: Pardon me, sire, but we're currently at war with Isaach. If we're going to harbor it's prince, shouldn't we inform the king?

Sigurd: He's a child, Oifey. That war has nothing to do with him. I'll find a way to get him home safely, but for now, [W]e need to look after him [until we can get him home safely].

Oifey: Understood, sire.

(Sigurd leaves)

Oifey: Just as I thought... Lord Sigurd really is such a kind man.

(Enemy phase)

Ayra: Genoa has fallen to Grannvale?! No! I...I must get to Shanan!

Conquering Genoa (If Ayra Is Alive)

Sigurd: What's the matter? Why are you silent? I want to know why you were held here.

Shanan: You're not one of Kinbaith's lot... Are you?

Sigurd: We've dealt with Kinbaith. I am Sigurd, a paladin of Grannvale. There's nothing to be afraid of anymore.

Shanan: Oh! So my auntie Ayra doesn't have to keep fighting! She was forced to fight 'cause Kinbaith had me! Please! You've got to help her!

Sigurd: That swordswoman? Huh. I thought there was something amiss about her...Very well! I'll let her know that you're safe. Now, what's your name?

Shanan: Shanan...I'm Shanan, the prince of Isaach...

Sigurd: Isaach's prince...I can barely imagine what you've been through... But don't worry. It will be my mission to bring you home. And until then? You can stay in our army.

Oifey: Pardon me, sire, but we're currently at war with Isaach. If we're going to harbor it's prince, shouldn't we inform the king?

Sigurd: He's a child, Oifey. That war has nothing to do with him. We need to look after him until we can get him home safely.

(Sigurd leaves)

Oifey: Just as I thought... Lord Sigurd is such a kind man.

(Enemy phase)

Ayra: Genoa has fallen to Grannvale?! No! I...I must get to Shanan!

Conquering Genoa (If Ayra Is Dead)

Sigurd: Who are you? What's your name?

Shanan: I-I'm Shanan... Prince Shanan of Isaach... You're not one of Kinbaith's lot... Are you?

Sigurd: Isaach's prince?! ...Er, forgive me. I am Sigurd, a paladin of Grannvale. We've defeated Prince Kinbaith. You're safe now.

Shanan: Really?! Then [Aunt] Ayra doesn't have to fight anymore! My Aunt Ayra [she] was forced to fight 'cause Kinbaith had me! Come on, we've gotta tell her!

Sigurd: Ayra? That swordswoman out there? ...Oh. Oh no...

Shanan: It...it can't be... She's dead? ...You killed Aunt Ayra?!

Sigurd: I'm so sorry, Shanan... If I had known, I would've done all I could to [everything in my power] to help her.

[...You know, those words kind of lose meaning when every other person is flinging them around at every other opportunity :P .]

Shanan: Ayra...

Sigurd: Oifey, could you take care of Shanan for a while? Try to help him calm down a bit[, if you can].

[You complained about Sigurd's seeming insensitivity in the old fan translation. So this is one of the few times where I'd actually ADD more dialogue to help soften Sigurd even further.]

Sigurd: He's a child, Oifey. That war has nothing to do with him. I'll find a way to get him home safely, but for now, [W]e need to look after him [until we can get him home safely].

(Sigurd leaves)

Oifey: Just as I thought... Lord Sigurd really is such a kind man.

Conquering Genoa (If Ayra Is Dead)

Sigurd: Who are you? What's your name?

Shanan: I-I'm Shanan... Prince Shanan of Isaach... You're not one of Kinbaith's lot... Are you?

Sigurd: Isaach's prince?! ...Er, forgive me. I am Sigurd, a paladin of Grannvale. We've defeated Prince Kinbaith. You're safe now.

Shanan: Really?! Then Aunt Ayra doesn't have to fight anymore! She was forced to fight 'cause Kinbaith had me! Come on, we've gotta tell her!

Sigurd: Ayra? That swordswoman out there? ...Oh. Oh no...

Shanan: It...it can't be... She's dead? ...You killed Aunt Ayra?!

Sigurd: I'm so sorry, Shanan... If I had known, I would've done everything in my power to help her

Shanan: Ayra...

Sigurd: Oifey, could you take care of Shanan for a while? Try to help him calm down a bit, if you can.

Sigurd: He's a child, Oifey. That war has nothing to do with him. We need to look after him until we can get him home safely.

(Sigurd leaves)

Oifey: Just as I thought... Lord Sigurd really is a kind man.

Ayra enters Genoa as an enemy

Ayra: Shanan isn't here!? No... The Grannvalians must have him. Those fiends... They won't live to regret it!

Ayra enters Genoa as an enemy

Ayra: Shanan isn't here!? No... The Grannvalians must have him. Those fiends... They won't live to regret it!

Sigurd talks with Ayra after conquering Genoa

Sigurd: Hold, Lady Ayra! Prince Shanan is safe with us! You needn't keep fighting!

Ayra: What? You saved Shanan? Do you speak the truth?!

Sigurd: I do. Prince Shanan told me everything: that you’re the daughter of the late Isaachian king. Listen. You detest Grannvalians. You've made your hostility [that] perfectly clear. But you can't neglect your duty to the prince. You can't afford to waste your life now, not on a battle as senseless as this.

Ayra: [You're right.] My brother, the crown prince, entrusted Shanan to my care[,] knowing that his death was inevitable. You're right. After all this time, [i swore my life to ensuring Shanan's rise to the throne; my life is not mine to forfeit to these dogs!] I refuse to die for Verdane's sake. Until I've seen Shanan rise to the Isaachian throne, my life is not mine to forfeit to such dogs.

Sigurd: I will aid you [in every way] all I can, if you lower your sword. On my honor as the heir of Baldur the Crusader, I swear that I will not betray you.

[GYAAAA!! STOP. SAYING. THOSE. WOOORRRRRRRDS!!!]

Ayra: Very well. I'll place my [blade and my] trust in you[r hands], as well... Such is the way of the warriors of Isaach. For now, I pledge my blade in your service. However, this does not change that Grannvale is [still] my foe. Beware, for [if I see you among their ranks one day]...one day that includes you...I will not hesitate.

Sigurd: Mm, war can be truly cruel. Ayra, Isaachian warrior...I pray that day never comes.

Sigurd talks with Ayra after conquering Genoa

Sigurd: Hold, Lady Ayra! Prince Shanan is safe with us! You needn't keep fighting!

Ayra: What? You saved Shanan? Do you speak the truth?!

Sigurd: I do. Prince Shanan told me everything: that you’re the daughter of the late Isaachian king. Listen. You detest Grannvalians. You've made that perfectly clear. But you can't waste your life now, not on a battle as senseless as this.

Ayra: You're right. My brother, the crown prince, entrusted Shanan to my care, knowing that his death was inevitable. I swore my life to ensuring Shanan's rise to the throne; my life is not mine to forfeit to these dogs!

Sigurd: I will aid you in every way I can, if you lower your sword. On my honor as the heir of Baldur the Crusader, I swear that I will not betray you.

Ayra: Very well. I'll place my blade and my trust in your hands... Such is the way of the warriors of Isaach. However, Grannvale is still my foe. Beware, for if I see you among their ranks one day...I will not hesitate.

Sigurd: Mm, war can be truly cruel. Ayra, Isaachian warrior...I pray that day never comes.

It's obviously too late to submit this as an idea, but, I was just wondering why you didn't use Thracia's "Fire Emblem" logo for the title screen.

As a secondary question, what graphics editor did you use?

Edited by xatzimi

This may have been answered somewhere, but can you transfer save data, even if it was made with ZSNES?

Unless you mean save states, then probably. SNES9x and ZSNES both use the same format(.srm) for battery saves, so it should be fine.

I don't think and of the changes in this patch would affect the format of the save file, but I can't say for sure. Give it a try and see what happens.

Okay, a friend led me here to this brand new translation patch of Fire Emblem: Genealogy. It's my first time coming across this news of a brand new Fire Emblem 4 English patch but in Beta phase. Looking forward to using the Beta, hope they're currently doing Fire Emblem 3 and Fire Emblem 5 with better ones. Especially 5 since that's like one of my favorites and needs a lot of work translating compared to 3 and 4.

This may have been answered somewhere, but can you transfer save data, even if it was made with ZSNES?

I have used old save files with the new translation, so it should not be an issue. FE6's new translation is the ONLY fan translation that i can think of with incompatible saves across versions.

It's obviously too late to submit this as an idea, but, I was just wondering why you didn't use Thracia's "Fire Emblem" logo for the title screen.

As a secondary question, what graphics editor did you use?

I believe bookofholsety was going off the modern logo when he designed the one for the patch. I can say that trying to use the one from Thracia would have required messing with the palette which may have had a detrimental effect elsewhere. There are a lot of graphical effects involved in showing the title screen at the end of the intro and I wanted to mess with it as little as possible for fear of breaking something.

To edit the graphics I used a debugger to pinpoint when the graphics were loaded into RAM. I then dumped the RAM, isolated the graphics within and edited them using TileMolester. Hope this helps!

There are two typos that I've noticed so far.

One in the recruitment conversation between Larcei and Johalvier and one in the talk conversation between Fee and Ced right after Ced is recruited.

About that Fee and Ced conversation in where Fee calls him Cedsy as a nickname, wouldn't it been a charming idea to call him Sety instead?

Don't know if that helps anyone since those are not bugs or glitches but I mean might as well.