NMTTM3DS (Smash 3DS Tourney) Grand Victor: Aura Wolf

Jedi

Welcome to Nerf Me to the Moon! Which is the next segment in our smash tourneys, This will mostly be currently an interest check, as my capture card is acting funky so I won't be able to record matches. However I would like to continue these as it helps our players maintain their growths.

The name was suggested by Refa, to make a fun little poke at the 1.1.6 patch, Welcome to the first 3DS tourney of my series, I hope my lists aren't too poorly constructed.

The time this will start is not clear to even me at the moment, I just need to make sure I can get 16 people for each, we will then decide a schedule based on that timeframe

The Bracket: http://sforestsmash.challonge.com/NMttM3DS

The Playlist for the Uploaded Matches: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx9ijRlws3qZXa5NwatAHR3fQajubA7hG

Ruleset
3 Stock
8 Minutes
Best 2 of 3, except in Finals, best 3 out of 5
Double Elimination
No Customs

Stage List
Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Yoshi's Island
Counterpick Stages
●Dreamland 64
●Prism Tower
●Duck Hunt
● Omega Stages*

* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is banned, Omega Stages are banned and vice versa.

The way stage choice works is thus, either both players agree to a stage to start on, or do a method to decide who starts striking stages, my personal suggestion is Game & Watch Hammer, which is when both players pick Game & Watch and use his Side B move and whomever gets a higher number gets the first stage strike. This is also a good way to lag test.

The person who strikes first, strikes a stage from the Starter list, then the 2nd person strikes a stage and this continues until only one starter stage left which is the one you both play on

Whomever wins a match, can strike 2 stages and the person who lost may select out of the remaining legal stages. There is also something called Dave's Stupid rule, where you cannot counter-pick to a stage you've won on in the set

This will keep the strict timelines seen in Joined by Fate (JBF)

Character Changes - While you can change your characters during the set, you must tell your opponent you are switching and who to, as is proper in an official
tournament. Unless you 2 agree to be secretive, I don't mind either way

There is also the Gentleman's agreement, in which both players can agree to play on a nonlegal stage, this also can override Dave's Stupid Rule

Mii Fighters are allowed, but they must be 1111 set, sorry folks.

- Recordings will be given to shadowofchaos please add him to your friend list, so you can send him your replays

- Please give me your 3DS Friend Code when you sign up, this is the best way to keep a handy list for all the people signing up

Round 1 - 21st through the 24th

Round 2/Round 1 Losers - 25th through the 28

Round 3/Round 2 losers - 29th - 2nd (Possible delays for Silesial so he can catch up if he's around that point)

Winners Finals/Round 3 Losers - 3rd through the 5th

Round 4 Losers - 6th through the 8th

Losers Semis - 9th through the 11th

Losers Finals - 12th through the 13th

Grand Finals - 14th through the 15th

1. Aura Wolf - 3024-5390-3854
2. Tsunami - 4570-7198-1915
3. Darches - 2105-9602-3489
4. Shin - 4828-6963-8755
5. Sunwoo (Interested)
6. SilesiaLewyn - 1564-4944-8548
7. Raguna/Milanor - 1263-5952-8031
8. MasterRobin - 2165-6728-2053
9. Elieson
10. shadowofchaos - 0576-8055-2290
11. Blade Of Light - 3239-6586-7683.
12. StardustRicon - : 4055-5100-0701
13. Gemma - 0662-5105-8535
14. Erthy5 - 3969 - 4772 - 3589
15. mercilesscharizard - 1950-8832-8557
16. Stalra - 2509-4924-7437

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I play both this one and the Wii U one? If so, sign me up.

3DS FC: 4570-7198-1915

You're allowed to join both yes.

I'm interested, but I can't actually play because I don't have any room left on my 3DS to download the patch. :(:

Should have gotten a physical copy of Smash Bros. so that I wouldn't have this problem.

I want to join.

Zera: 1934-1617-4567

Why is there a match time limit? We're in a forum; we don't need time limits.

EDIT: I changed my mind, I will not be participating.

Edited by Zera

I want to join.

Zera: 1934-1617-456

I've never participated in a tourney, so the rules sound foreign and confusing to me.

Why is there a match time limit? We're in a forum; we don't need time limits.

Seem to be missing a number of your friend code there.

Also a time limit exists so people can't just permanently stall, as some characters have the capability to

Count me in, pal. If you see a name that's goes by Milanor in a match then that's me.

3DS FC: 1263-5952-8031

Gotcha, i'll put both names down, just in case people miss this post.

I'll like to join. 3239-6586-7683.

Edit: question, are we doing this all at once, or is this done over a span of time, because i can only play an hour and a half a day.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

I'll like to join. 3239-6586-7683.

Edit: question, are we doing this all at once, or is this done over a span of time, because i can only play an hour and a half a day.

A span of time. It'll be you'll have matches due every 3 days or so.