MK404's FE7 Hack

Mage Knight 404

This is the ROM hack that I've worked on for almost two years now, since September of '06. I was only planning to do a simple name and portrait swap, but since then, this has become a lot more. This hack has become fairly popular among sections of the fanbase, especially on YouTube, and many are eagerly awaiting for me to finish this sucker. I'm so proud that this has garnered the attention of so many people. I can already see the fans coming... *readies boomstick*

This ROM hack is a retelling of FE7 and follows Eliwood, Linoan of FE5, and myself on an epic journey. Many characters, some from video games, one from an anime(that's Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura), and many original characters join up to thwart the plans of Ingram Prisken(Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation baddie), defeat the Fire Dragon, and maybe have some fun along the way.

The difficulty is variable. You will NOT see unfair enemy stats, nor you will see any over the top situation in which you must savestate a hundred times to clear an area. The enemies have received a minor boost in stats, but are still fairly easy to treat with. The point of this ROM hack is not not be insanely hard or challenging, it's to have fun.

Now, let's get on with it.

Current Patch: Eliwood Mode Completed!

Here's a bunch of screens:

Beginning Screens

Rehauling comparison

Linoan's Mode screens

Eliwood's Mode screens:

Up to Ch. 16x | Up to Ch. 20 | Ch. 21 | Ch. 22 | Ch. 22x | Ch. 23 Madelyn | Ch. 23 Jack | Ch. 24 | Ch. 25 Kenneth | Ch. 25 Bradley | Ch. 26 | Ch. 26x | Ch. 27 | Ch. 28 | Ch. 29 | Ch. 29x | ZOMG Party!! | Raymond and Linoan's lovey-dovey Respite In Battle convo

My YouTube Channel, housing videos from Chapter 15 to the end.

RapidShare link Read the Readme.

This ROM hack also goes hand-in-hand with A Sacred Dawn...

Edited by Mage Knight 404

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if it's supposed to happen, but I'm at my EHM file, and at Linoan's rejoin, she does not start with Prism Pillar. Instead, she has the Brongaa Sword. Is this intentional?

I'm not sure if it's supposed to happen, but I'm at my EHM file, and at Linoan's rejoin, she does not start with Prism Pillar. Instead, she has the Brongaa Sword. Is this intentional?

What's a Brongaa Sword???

EHM hasn't been worked on. :P

• 4 weeks later...
I'm guessing Nightmare? Check out flyingace24's tutorial on how to insert custom portraits in forums.grandbell.net

More updated version of the tutorial can be found in here. Though even that doesn't cover the use of my NLZ-GBA Advance even though FA himself said that it(+ his portrait editor modules) makes 30 second portrait insertion possible.

MageKnight! I registered just to tell you how much I'm loving your hack, it's so awesome lol; the game seems so much fun now, and I love how you hacked the promoted classes, who ever knew Bishops could use Anima Magic? heh, though I suppose they could in the older series games that I have yet to play; all your characters are pretty awesome, I'm glad to see people I recognize and all the cameos from Thracia 776 has definitely piqued my interest in it; my favorite character would be Jenny followed by Excellen, I am on um, that chapter where you fight Madelyn's lover after rescuing Excellen...his name escapes me at the moment, I had to restart because Chris got critical'd...if I didn't lose both him and Jenny I might have just continued on, but I have a friend named Chris myself so I felt bad :lol: game's been really fun, keep up the good work, if ya do any other major hacks I'll be sure to try 'em, much love

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really getting into this now... :P

I'm on chapter 26, Battle at Dawn.

Kyo-Kyo(For those who don't know, it's Kyosuke): Maxed out STR and DEF, level 20/20

Altenna: Maxed STR, SKL and DEF, level 20/20

Raphael: 30 STR, 23 SPD, level 20/16

You(Raymond):Maxed STR and SKL, level 20/0 PS: Heh, I used the first Heaven Seal on Linoan.

Glenn: All stats in high 10's and low 20's, 53 HP, level 20/12.

Sakura: All stats except DEF in high 10's and low 20's, Maxed SPD, level 20/10.

Mia: Falling behind, All stats in low to middle 10's, level 19/0. Almost there...

Luna: 98 Avoid, maxed SKL and SPD, level 20/20.

Well, I'm sorta stuck... on the Prologue. Everytime I try to start up the first chapter, Linoan's portrait begins to look like missing no. and then the cursor dissappears at the start of the battle. Help?

Well, I'm sorta stuck... on the Prologue. Everytime I try to start up the first chapter, Linoan's portrait begins to look like missing no. and then the cursor dissappears at the start of the battle. Help?

Did you patch the game correctly?

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

did you apply the patch to a 1235 FE7 ROM -the zip file with the gba rom must have that # on it-? (the US release is the only one compatible with most hacks unless you were translating a jp game) also I'm pretty sure MK's zip file has a readme if you have any other issues

Yeha, no.1235. Patched using IPSWIN.exe, and the readme doesn't really help me on that particular issue.

You're using IPSWIN? I can tell just by this that you didn't read the entire readme file. It's just like these people on YouTube with Super Metroid Redesign. "plz hlp i need the passwurd 2 unzip dis zip file so i can play dis game lolololol"

You have to use StealthPatch and follow the instructions on MK404's readme file.

Lesson of the day: Always read the readme file that's included with something.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

So is it done yet?

Obviously not. The current patch only goes up to 29x or something around there. (I know his hacking progress is finished through 29x.) Now that he's got ASD started and the trailer video done, he'll be back to work on finishing Eliwood's Mode in the near future. (Though, the game won't "technically" be done until all of the modes are finished...)

• 3 weeks later...

My, it's been a while since I've done this.

FE7Scrns30.png

Welcome to Chapter 30.

As Eli and pals near the end of their journey, they arrive on the Dread Isle to mash Ingram's face in. Derek means to get in their way, but not if Ellen and Heather have anything to say about it first. All the while Megan searches for ways to stop Ingram while Alex searches for his love, Luna.

Fun times.

We're nearing the end, guys. Just one more chapter and it's finally over!

Wow, this is going to turn out to be epic, although I'm waiting until Eliwood mode is done before I download the patch and start playing so I can play through it continuously.

But so far, I'm really looking forward to it. :D