Mythological References

Ice Dragon

Alright, the pages should be updated now.

Instead of "see above", I used "see prior", since the references are split into different pages now. If you can think of a better term, let me know ^^

Also, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but Zunanma (NA)/Mannaz? (JP) would be a nice addition to the Tellius section.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Thoron > Thor, Germanian kind of the Gods and thunder-wielder (much like Zeus, come to think of it)

AFAIK Thor is one of the gods in Norse mythology. The Thunder God. And he is already listed in the list.

Edited by Fury

I think Yune is a reference to Iuno, the Roman queen of the gods.

(If you're more familiar with the name Juno, note that I and J are the same letter in Latin, and are both pronounced like Y in this instance.)

Edited by Paper Jam

If you mean the word, then possibly.

But if you mean the knife then...there's no knife called "kard" over here. That's like saying "Axe" is a special kind of...axe in the middle ages of England or whatever, if you get my drift.

Vacation ate my life.

Imhullu is, from what I said in another thread, a weapon used by Marduk to slay Tiamat. It means the "Evil Wind" or the "Bad Wind".

Medea is a woman in Greek mythology. She was the daughter of King Aeëtes of Colchis, niece of Circe, granddaughter of the sun god Helios, and later wife to the hero Jason, with whom she had two children: Mermeros and Pheres.

Samson is Hebrew, which means of the sun. He is the third to last of the Judges of the ancient Children of Israel mentioned in the Tanakh (the Hebrew Bible), and the Talmud.

Frey is a Norse god associated with male fertility, weather and agriculture.

The Norns are a kind of dísir, numerous female beings who rule the fates of the various races of Norse mythology. A disir is a fate goddess.

Hymir is a giant in Norse mythology. He helped Thor to fish Jormungad.

Already have those. Just haven't had the time to finalize the descriptions for them.
The Swanchika is a possible reference to the Swatzika. According to this, it's not the only reference to the Swatzika.
I have heard a different possible reference for the Swanchika. It was on a Japanese site, so I don't know the English spelling of the word (likely S[w/v/u]an[ch/t][i/y][c/k]a), and I have yet to verify it (hence the placeholder).
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Thoron > Thor, Germanian kind of the Gods and thunder-wielder (much like Zeus, come to think of it)
There's also a possibility of it derived from "tron", Latin? for thunder or another. Thoron's elemental analogues Bolganone (derived from "volcano") and Tornado are both also natural disaster-type phenomena.
Kard also means "knife" in Persian/Farsi, the language of Iran.
Will add that... eventually. Note that my entry for Shamshir includes both the lang reference and the hist reference.
I think Yune is a reference to Iuno, the Roman queen of the gods.
Yune is [yun'nu] in Japanese, which doesn't quite match.
Also, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but Zunanma (NA)/Mannaz? (JP) would be a nice addition to the Tellius section.
Will do. The standard name of the Futhark rune is "mannaz", so I'll use that as the translation.

As for FE4 arena enemies, I won't bother with them for a while unless someone provides me with the Japanese kana before I manually check it out. They also need to be in their exact order of appearance by chapter and unit type (melee/range).

Speaking of order, I've noticed some mistakes in my ordering of a couple of the entries. When I get around to updating the list, I'll be sure to provide an exact log of my edits, Vincent.

EDIT: Oh, and Vincent, you missed a line break in the list of abbreviations between IT and geo.

Edited by Ice Dragon